PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Art of various kinds

Glok
30-08-06, 20:57
Music (lyrics mainly cause forum soundclips are fooking annoying) pictures, drawings, poetry, paintings, crafts...

There is a little sig thingy I keep putting in my sig well here it is, original size:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/line_drawing.jpg

There is the matronly chicken with her heart exposed, the wizard fighting (zapping) the dragon, the salamander and frog and goldfish, the man with his head being sucked into a waterwheel, and the ancient tree. Somehow the whole thing looks like a horsehead or something.

If no one replies, I'll post the lyrics to my favorite song but I would rather see some other people's shit (though technically songs I didn't write or sing are not my shit... so yeah.)

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 21:00
You draw it?

Neally
30-08-06, 21:03
It only affraid me :lol:

Glok
30-08-06, 21:06
You draw it?Yes sir. For the most part my art is abstract but sometimes it actually resembles real world thingies.

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 21:51
How come we never see you in this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126166) thread then?

You'd spank the rest of us in there.

Glok
30-08-06, 22:23
LOL I wouldn't do anything to you in there. All my art is abstract, it's just a fluke when it looks like something, sometimes I notice and enhance it, other times I'm oblivious.

edit: So how about some people post their favorite creative stuff, it doesn't have to be yours, just stuff that moves you. :)

Glok
30-08-06, 22:38
Ok more art. Hope you guys like this stuff... that pic above I have always looked at as entirely evil, these ones are nicer. :)

Er a spiral yin-yang
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/spiralyinyang.jpg

The Geomancer
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/bread_crusts.jpg

My first painting...
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/neosigs/01_04_06_0323.jpg

I've written some songs too but I want you guys to fill in here too lol, I already know what my art looks like. :p

Glok
30-08-06, 23:28
Hm I thought I had more songs written but imo they all suck... except this one it's alright (at least in my twisted view...)

I don't know which way to lean
It has become routine
I need the answers
So it doesn't get worse
I need to chain this beast
Keep it chained at least
It can never be set free
Or it will take over me

Do I have the power
To survive this deadly hour?
Do I have the power
To climb the impossible tower?

Danger is everywhere
On the way to here
I must stay on the path
The path of ancient wrath
Pray you never meet me
I hold a hell to be
It will escape my grip
I am a sinking ship

Do I have the power
To survive this deadly hour?
Do I have the power
To climb the impossible tower?

Somewhere this path ends
We need to make amends
Because it's not a prophesy
It is reality

Glok
31-08-06, 00:26
I'm more afraid of immortality than I am of death. Oh happy death, now I'm gone. Oh horrible immortality, I can't get out.

Glok
31-08-06, 01:05
Song lyrics not mine. :o

Seether - Because Of Me

Here she comes again
She's feeling like she's already won
I believe it's gonna end again, all for naught
My philosophy is things are just as wrong as they seem
I believe it's gonna end this way, atrocity
Do you believe in love
Like I believe in pain
Nobody died for you, somebody pray for me

When you see me cut me down
And I will force it underground
There's no one left to hurt but me
And it's because of me, right?

There he walks away
He's feeling like he's having them on
I believe he's gonna bend again
And all for naught
My philosophy is things are just as wrong as they seem
I've gotta get you off of me, it's such an oddity
Do you believe in love
Like I believe in pain
Nobody died for you
Somebody pray for me
I want to see you suffer
Suffer

Glok
31-08-06, 01:11
If you try to make your own path in this place you might get what you want but you'll never be happy. Some people get a lot without any effort and we are so jealous of them, but they are the ones that deserve it not the ones who demanded it...

The Killers - All These Things That I've Done

When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
One more son
If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand

Another head aches, another heart breaks
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no

Help me out
Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out

And when there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
These changes ain't changing me
The gold-hearted boy I used to be

You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

[x10]
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

Over and in, last call for sin
While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done
All these things that I've done
If you can hold on
If you can hold on

Glok
31-08-06, 01:17
Eh I guess the thread is about me... I'm getting sick of myself.

Here's a little story.

The Event

I suppose this should be looked at as a 'life-changing' event, but I still have trouble looking at it that way, it just happens to be an event that really stands out.

It was the summer of 1993 I think, I have said 1995 but that's wrong, it's too close to when I left that city. We all had been smoking weed quite a lot, nothing harder, I think shrooms a few times. (don't start yelling about drugs, weed is a plant that has been around as long as humanity, and whatever the real effects are, it has integrated into the human psyche in ways that none of us can decipher, so it's effects on an individual cannot be discounted. It's like I tell my mom whenever I get the chance, 'Everything is a drug.') Me, I'm a goddamn freak and I never came down, every time I smoked weed I got higher and higher and just stayed there. For a few days that summer I figured that was just unacceptable and stopped smoking the stuff. But I kept getting higher anyways ffs. (since then I have discovered that that is the way I always go, the weed just made it seem 'special' when it wasn't)

I was hanging out with Darren a lot at the time, and after a few days we ended up in a room in some dude's apartment. I set up a chair and sat in it, he sat over on the floor a little ways away. I looked 'up' and started to do something with my mind. I was taking all kinds of things from my awareness and using them to collapse all I thought was a lie, my words were 'I could close it off!' I thought I was going to destroy it all forever...

Instead I realized at the last instant what I was doing and stopped to think about it before I finished. At that point what I had was a shaft of light, to me it looked like a direct connection to God. When I looked through it, I saw myself, I thought, 'I'm God? What the fuck kind of world is this?' Then a series of things happened.

A voice: 'I could close it off.'
The shaft of light disappeared, with an additional image of a black hole winking out of existence. A lie, to me.
Almost every image I was seeing was gone.
I saw what I figure were the dreams of 2 other people collapsing, since the support structure was gone. And where 2 people's dreams were collapsing I have no doubt there were more.
I saw a dark image of myself run off, it appeared to be going 'down' into reality as it left, eventually it faded into the distance.
A voice: 'Josh you bastard you put us through an infinite hell!' (speaking in terms of a large group of people)
I turned and looked at Darren.
He screamed, 'THAT WOULD BE SO EVIL!'
I looked back 'up' and a voice said: 'No, that would be so good.'
I thought: 'I need to get back here!' (referring to rewinding time or looping around to the event, to complete what I had originally tried to do, the mechanisms for it no longer existed after that)

I looked at Darren (well, above him slightly) and saw the image he was creating that described what he was seeing. It looked like a sphere of light with a single shaft of light rising from it. Dunno what to make of that, even now. I grabbed a piece of paper and drew a diagram of what I concieved as a way to grow exponentially without exploding. I pointed to it and said to Darren, 'This! I need this!' He said, 'What is it?' I looked into his mind and took what I needed to complete it and I said, 'It's an exponential growth curve.' And then I left.

I've thought about this event so much since then, and I still don't know what the hell happened there. When Darren screamed at me, what the hell had he seen? I should have asked him damnit. Oh well.

About a month ago I saw the shaft of light I made way back then. I immediately grabbed it and drew it to me, and then re-expanded it, reversing what I had done. It feels like it is being searched for, but it doesn't exist anymore, which is probably a damn good thing for my well being. Also lots of things that I never knew had gone missing are back now. If I have the opportunity to do anything like that again I'm fucking running the other way, FAST.

A big thing about this is that portions of my reality that I consider to be 'me' were gone for a long damn time. How in the hell is that possible at all? Teachers teach things, but they don't lose what they teach, they retain the construct to teach to more people. Why the hell would I have to lose such a huge part of my mind so someone else (or a group of someones) could do something? Couldn't I have just taught them? The explanation I think is that during the time those parts of me were 'missing' what in fact was happening was the people resposible were drawing from my energy and literally using portions of my mind to feed themselves. Now that I have it back I hope those fuckers are suffering. If they built themselves a world based on my energy then they surely are suffering now.

Glok
31-08-06, 02:27
DJ are you gonna put a er DJ in this thread? :)

Gah people start putting your creative works or ones you admire in here. :(

Apocalypsox
31-08-06, 02:33
interesting story glok...i might draw something if i can get my scanner to work.

Glok
31-08-06, 03:03
interesting story glok...There's more where that came from. LOTS of shit like that happens to me. Stupid world. :/
i might draw something if i can get my scanner to work.Cool. :)

Glok
31-08-06, 03:40
I'm figuring people are thinking I've lost my damn mind well too late. :p

No really the story is real however it may have only been real to me and possibly Darren depending on what he was seeing.. mass hysteria in a closed system or something.

That shit is so weird. Sometimes I remember dreams that I had 15 years ago or more, and it is really really hard to decide whether they actually happened or not, being a kid is almost dreamlike anyways.

We like to think we aren't slaves to our subconscious but apparently we are and there is nothing we can do about it. Bah.

Is anyone else gonna post some art/creative shizzle? :(

Apocalypsox
31-08-06, 04:15
my creativeness only works on mechamabob things and spacecraft. give me some time. i also think im insane some times too...oh....wait.....i think its clinically proven i am. I do beleive your story though, and people that dont need to get a hold on reality and realize that there are probly beings in the universe that could do such a thing to us, and the body DOES produce a sort of energy that might eventually be able to be fed off of.

Glok
01-09-06, 01:35
Years ago I kept getting into trouble with the *ahem* psychiatric institution... long story but basically they decided they don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. I guess I'm just too nuts even for them. :lol:

The reality is... we are all part of the same 'energy field' and affect each other on every level. Hasn't someone ever said something to you that instead of making you mad (like it should have) it just made you feel weak? We do shit like that to each other all the time.. just more subtle.

Neally
01-09-06, 01:38
Years ago I kept getting into trouble with the *ahem* psychiatric institution... long story but basically they decided they don't know what the fuck is wrong with me. I guess I'm just too nuts even for them. :lol:

Why do you think we all play Neocorn ? :rolleyes: :lol: (but i can get what's your feeling ;) )