PDA

View Full Version : The Dome Of York - Re-build !

Neally
28-08-06, 19:56
I think we are near 2 years of playing the new "Neocron 2: Dome Of York". Some people would say that DOY itself is just a big trash noone ever gets in, some others will say it follows Neocron's end logic, and some will even say they are not DOY just because they don't wanna stay there. (yeye, I heard that from a few people)

Since i'm playing Neocron, I've never really got into RolePlaying (of course I tried, it was nice, but boring at the end). So as a "non-RP" player I would like anyway to ask you all a question :

- Ok. DOY got attacked in Neocron's end, and of course then it is mean to be as it is nowadays, a nearly destroyed city. So after 2 years (and god only knows how much time it makes in-game :p) aren't the DOY guys meant to re-build their own City ? :)

Sorry If i haven't followed much RolePlaying, but I think DOY needs a change, it is actually, not really a good city (because as I heard, a bomb got into it, but even if a bomb got into the DOY, it is meant to be SO ugly ? Just imagine neocron destroyed that way, you'd have holes everywhere of course :angel: but it wouldn't be so crap I think.)

/me thinks everyone will admit they prefer to hang around Neocron or Military Base, but DOY :confused:

OT: rip AD from NC - 1 year <3 <3 :p

Speedball
28-08-06, 20:01
[ edited ]

Okay with the proposition, doy is too big for too less people, and it's impossible to find what you need in less than 10 min running 8|

Dribble Joy
28-08-06, 20:18
DoY is more a kind of refuge to the anti NC factions that a city itself.

A few touchups could be done though, like the rubble on the floor and things, old shops reopened.

The Ottoman
28-08-06, 20:48
DoY is full of terrorists, thiefs, pimps and drugdealers and other low lifes. You don't expect criminals to do honoust work like construction and other honourable work, do you? Unless DoY surrenders to Reeza it will never be rebuilt.

Neally
28-08-06, 21:02
DoY is full of terrorists, thiefs, pimps and drugdealers and other low lifes. You don't expect criminals to do honoust work like construction and other honourable work, do you? Unless DoY surrenders to Reeza it will never be rebuilt.

Sometimes, When i look at Neocron's people, I found out Pro NC being terrorists and thiefs, and Anti being the honest people :lol: , but anyway, of course this city is full of low lifes, but EVEN low-lifes have great things ^_^, so it could be another look of the city, for "low lifes", but not as shit as this.

(btw, you live in Belgium ? Where ? :p )

The Ottoman
28-08-06, 21:11
Do not take the harsh enforcements of law and order by NC as being rude and dishonest. A dictator has gotta do what a dictator has got to do. Ofcourse DoY has some great personalities and as individuals they are all wonderfull. However, all they have accomplished sofar is chaos. They will never be able to form a highly developed civilisation like NC. ;)

Edit: The Flemish side of Belgium in Limburg.

Neally
28-08-06, 21:17
Do not take the harsh enforcements of law and order by NC as being rude and dishonest. A dictator has gotta do what a dictator has got to do. Ofcourse DoY has some great personalities and as individuals they are all wonderfull. However, all they have accomplished sofar is chaos. They will never be able to form a highly developed civilisation like NC. ;)

Edit: The Flemish side of Belgium in Limburg.

I'm anyway, not saying we should switch to a City like Neocron, for exemple, the TSU sector looks great, but it's not like that everywhere, think it should be more...I don't know, Orange is DOY's color, maybe put Orange a bit everywhere, try to make it more beautifull or something, a City where even DOY players would trade/do auctions in.

(/me lives in the other part, "Hainaut" (think is Henegouwen in NDLS, can't remember) ! :p )

The Ottoman
28-08-06, 21:23
I'm anyway, not saying we should switch to a City like Neocron, for exemple, the TSU sector looks great, but it's not like that everywhere, think it should be more...I don't know, Orange is DOY's color, maybe put Orange a bit everywhere, try to make it more beautifull or something, a City where even DOY players would trade/do auctions in.

(/me lives in the other part, "Hainaut" (think is Henegouwen in NDLS, can't remember) ! :p )

I know what you mean. I'm just being a bit of annoying. :D ;)

Aha, another countryman and you're right about Henegouwen. :)

calim
28-08-06, 21:52
[ edited ]

Garfield
30-08-06, 14:00
yeah close DoY bring anti HQ back to OZ, PP and TH(maybe TG canyon).
delite few guards and lets have fun again

Neally
30-08-06, 16:07
yeah close DoY bring anti HQ back to OZ, PP and TH(maybe TG canyon).
delite few guards and lets have fun again

/true

Why not making DOY as a faction, and the DOY city as their HQ, and bring back old HQ :)

Jipz
30-08-06, 17:29
[ edited ]

Glok
30-08-06, 17:37
Well to fit the cyberpunk mythos, DoY shouldn't be fixed up... NC should be destroyed. ;)

Neally
30-08-06, 17:41
I'm just disappointed the way it looks.

1) DOY could, even if it's the low lifes city, looks better, of course it has to be ugly, anod not like Neocron, but at the moment it is not even ugly, it is not even existing

2) Bringing back DOY HQs near Neocron means more fun, because pro Neocron being so near Anti Neocron, would be a possibility to bring back some PvP. (I MUST admit that, them both being so far sucks. and fightning near the MB entrance, is the WORST place I've been doing PvP).

Trivaldi
30-08-06, 17:43
Thread Re-Opened, no more spam in this thread please or it will be closed.

Triv

Neally
30-08-06, 18:47
Thank you. So, as i said, we should bring back some anti NC factions in Pepper Park, OZ, and why not IND sectors.

*nostalgy: was so cool when both sides used to be so near each others*

Jodo
30-08-06, 20:57
Bringing back the DoY factions to Neocron really isn't going to happen. It won't fit in with any storyline and it means all the work that has gone into designing DoY will have been a waste.
I've mentioned in other threads that DoY should be tidied up a little, at least remove the huge chunks of rubble and the hanging wires.
I do like DoY, it's a real shame that it doesn't get used but I can see why. I'd still like to see a tunnel opening emerge inside one of the abandoned sectors and maybe set it up for PvP. The current spider infestation could cause this tunnel to appear if you wanted a storyline behind it.

Neally
30-08-06, 21:01
Bringing back the DoY factions to Neocron really isn't going to happen. It won't fit in with any storyline and it means all the work that has gone into designing DoY will have been a waste.
I've mentioned in other threads that DoY should be tidied up a little, at least remove the huge chunks of rubble and the hanging wires.
I do like DoY, it's a real shame that it doesn't get used but I can see why. I'd still like to see a tunnel opening emerge inside one of the abandoned sectors and maybe set it up for PvP. The current spider infestation could cause this tunnel to appear if you wanted a storyline behind it.

it is already a waste.

Tsunami has been owning pepper park back in neocron1, with Black Dragon i think, why wouldn't it be possible to them to take it again ? because that's how CityAdmin took it up, they fought.

It just can fit in neocron's story, a faction named "DOY" could be created. It is kind what was happening in Neocron 1. We need the story line to move the "limit line" between Pro/anti, also to change faction's relation, as everyone asked maybe ?

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 21:15
TH as a trading post doesn't help thinks. Making DoY (and NC to a lesser extent) more populated on a regular basis could be solved by perhaps giving it back to FA. More missions, areas and vendors necessitating people to be in the two cities more. As for MB taking up TH's role, well personaly I don't think MB should be a safezone (though with hunting zone type rules).

Neally
30-08-06, 21:25
TH as a trading post doesn't help thinks. Making DoY (and NC to a lesser extent) more populated on a regular basis could be solved by perhaps giving it back to FA. More missions, areas and vendors necessitating people to be in the two cities more. As for MB taking up TH's role, well personaly I don't think MB should be a safezone (though with hunting zone type rules).

it would be more funny to have anti and pro really near each other, would make the things mure fun, as they've been before, because to go there it's not like going to DOY.

Speedball
30-08-06, 21:35
it would be more funny to have anti and pro really near each other, would make the things mure fun, as they've been before, because to go there it's not like going to DOY.

Thats the secret, make people live near to each other. And make the primary apps back in peper park, and outzone for crahn sects!

Neally
30-08-06, 21:45
Thats the secret, make people live near to each other. And make the primary apps back in peper park, and outzone for crahn sects!

Well said !

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 21:49
Thing is, as much as this game is focused towrds PvP, there's no 'life' a char has to lead, as it's still an MMO.
Making it more necessary for players to have to go places other than TH, their apt or wherever they are fighting will lead to more interaction.
Creating overlaps between factions and especially enemy factions will make coincedental PvP happen as it would.

For example:
Say relations between former enemies TS and BD break down. Massive gang wars flare up and TS is booted out of DoY, taking back their old stomping ground of PP and OZ. As a natural enemy of DRE, we then get overlap between the two factions in the outer parts of NC. More missions for the factions requiring them to enter these overlap areas would cause people to bump into each other.

Neally
30-08-06, 21:54
Thing is, as much as this game is focused towrds PvP, there's no 'life' a char has to lead, as it's still an MMO.
Making it more necessary for players to have to go places other than TH, their apt or wherever they are fighting will lead to more interaction.
Creating overlaps between factions and especially enemy factions will make coincedental PvP happen as it would.

For example:
Say relations between former enemies TS and BD break down. Massive gang wars flare up and TS is booted out of DoY, taking back their old stomping ground of PP and OZ. As a natural enemy of DRE, we then get overlap between the two factions in the outer parts of NC. More missions for the factions requiring them to enter these overlap areas would cause people to bump into each other.

I remember, when i was noob, that i always used to get lost between PP/OZ/IND zones. I'm not sure to get your post right aswell, I just know it was so good the way it was before.

Yes, a char has to lead a life, the life of the faction he chooses, even the worst PK'er is following his faction's duty. Since DOY got created, I find it people to get less involved in their faction, because they only consider two sides.

Why would people want so much to be AB ?...Let you guess.

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 21:57
Tecnically AB are not a 'gank' faction. They have alliances, enemies and a code of conduct/set of beliefs of sorts.

What should be done is so that factionless play is viable. We would need a proper rework of the SL/symp system and thing first though.
Then you really could become a mindless killer without any responsibilities or afflictions (though you would be treated as such as your symps in various factions plummet and you find yourself restricted in where and what you can do, as it should be).

Neally
30-08-06, 22:00
Tecnically AB are not a 'gank' faction. They have alliances, enemies and a code of contuct/set of beliefs of sorts.

What should be done is so that factionless play is viable. We would need a proper rework of the SL/symp system and thing first though.
Then you really could become a mindless killer without any responsibilities or afflictions (though you would be treated as such as your symps in various factions plummet and you find yourself restricted in where and what you can do, as it should be).

AB not a gank faction....you know, I have been AB for a long time, and I even killed people from my own faction. So everything is possible. I have no doubt we should rework the SL system, that confirms many things needs to get back as it was before.

The actual Neocron world is boring, we need changes, and why not, old changes, as the old system was good, just THINK and apply.

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 22:07
AB not a gank faction....you know, I have been AB for a long time, and I even killed people from my own faction.
And?

I was pointing out that AB is like any other faction in the respect that it has objectives and point of view on things.
AB work against any form of control or regulation, they are not necessarily mindless killers.

Neally
30-08-06, 22:13
And?

I was pointing out that AB is like any other faction in the respect that it has objectives and point of view on things.
AB work against any form of control or regulation, they are not necessarily mindless killers.

Not necessarily, as you say, bu they can (that was my RP lol).

AB is not like any other factions. NO faction is meant to look like another one. we need diversity in factions, we need to get our character to play a role in it ? or....i'm wrong ? o_O

Glok
30-08-06, 22:59
What if chars started out simply pro or anti (or CM) and had no faction affiliation (ordinary citizen) until they chose to join a faction. Each faction member would enjoy a small bonus, like TT would give +10 wep to all members, BT would give +10 imp, Proto say +10 xrr, etc.?...

Neally
30-08-06, 23:01
What if chars started out simply pro or anti (or CM) and had no faction affiliation (ordinary citizen) until they chose to join a faction. Each faction member would enjoy a small bonus, like TT would give +10 wep to all members, BT would give +10 imp, Proto say +10 xrr, etc.?...

You got it ! that's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but we should not have a system like A vs B, this really sucks!

Speedball
30-08-06, 23:02

Hmm what I think is that A vs B is not good for Neocron. As I said before, NC is not like other MMO's and what was good under nc1 is that it was a chaotique faction system, with complex stories, and alliances and you had to be carefull what you do, etc.

Glok
30-08-06, 23:19
It wouldn't be AvB except for (for new runners) starting locations. I think I read of some alliance changes for 2.2 making a few factions of each side mutually hostile.

About the new runner/common citizen he would be free to join any faction until he actually joined one of them which would (RP) 'show where his loyalties are' and then he would become part of the FS system.

For factioned runners, all ordinary citizens would be green regardless of pro/anti affiliation and location. This could replace the LE as a PvP 'switch' but still allow a little danger into the citizen's lives. Unfactioned runners of course could not be in a clan.

Glok
03-09-06, 02:36
What if chars started out simply pro or anti (or CM) and had no faction affiliation (ordinary citizen) until they chose to join a faction. Each faction member would enjoy a small bonus, like TT would give +10 wep to all members, BT would give +10 imp, Proto say +10 xrr, etc.?...To elaborate on this;

New chars would still choose a faction however they wouldn't be subject to the FS/SL rules until they either ran the Jones mission or ran a special mission for their faction. Until then they would be green to every other runner.

Any factioned runner who killed them however would suffer the same FS/SL penalties as if they had killed a factioned runner AND would lose xp points in all skills. An unfactioned runner who killed another runner factioned OR unfactioned would only lose xp points in all skills but would be subject to a much more harsh SL penalty, reflecting their status as 'ordinary citizens.' Unfactioned runners would not be able to kill even 'red SL' chars as they would not be associated with a dominant political/economic entity.