PDA

View Full Version : not welcome??

ROZZER187
30-08-06, 11:58
in regards to kk's announcement about mars i would like to know if its just me or has anyone else had problems playing on mars?

im not one to rant and im not pointing the finger but most mars players refuse service,teaming,log higher lvl chars and hunt where you hunt so you cant kill anything if they think your from terra. mainly the non german speaking community who have made characters on mars not just the english speaking players.

ive read the announcement about mars players been told to speak english but my screenshot shows that its not just terra players telling others what language to speak.

this isn't a flame war. just be nice to see a german announcement telling them the same.

canuma100
30-08-06, 12:01
no he is absolutly right

http://www.learn-german-online.net/

:D :lol: :D

ROZZER187
30-08-06, 12:03
yeah speak german.........tried it and got abuse coz it wasn't right :lol:

at the end of the day you dont have to speak when german when you kneel and say poke.but it still doesn't get you one ;p

silent000
30-08-06, 12:11
Just say Ich Liebe Dich!!!

ROZZER187
30-08-06, 12:14
i'll pass on that one thx :p

rookee
30-08-06, 12:21
ive read the announcement about mars players been told to speak english but my screenshot shows that its not just terra players telling others what language to speak.

Strange, some post in the German forum says the Mars players have been told to speak German?

Depends on where and what you're talking about in-game imho. If you spam the HELP channel with witty English comments people will find that rude. If you don't know German and ask someone for help locally the German speaking guys should tolerate that - despite German "being the official language" on Mars. That's how I see it.

Why are you playing on Mars anyway?

Glok
30-08-06, 12:25
Well if SnowCrash's post is to be taken literally, then english folk were on Mars telling them to speak english... the turnaround would be germans on the int server telling everyone to talk german. The dude in the screenie has a point. :p

ROZZER187
30-08-06, 12:28
I know a few things in german to get me by, as I said its mainly if your from terra you dont get service, not coz of the language you speak.my post was about what snowcrash said, english players telling germans to speak german.
its not just the english at blame here.for those who dont know any german when they ask for help in english they are told to speak german.

I play mars for the same reason I play terra and mercury, the server is there to be played.That and I have 4 capped chars on terra and 1 on mercury.

Glok
30-08-06, 12:32
I miss the days when we had english, german, french, finnish and god knows what else all in P1 flooding chat in their own languages. Seriously. :)

ROZZER187
30-08-06, 12:34
so do i.

think im gonna go play bf2 anywayz

SnowCrash
30-08-06, 12:46
This anouncement relates to the harassment of other players to speak another language then the valid server language. Please read the anouncements closely befor posting.

Mr Kot
30-08-06, 12:57
at the end of the day you dont have to speak when german when you kneel and say poke.but it still doesn't get you one ;p
that's because saying "poke" gives the game away that you are from Terra. Ask for an "imp" instead and they'll be none the wiser ;)

Pantho
30-08-06, 13:19
So we are allowed to play and speak english still on Mars yes?

Glok
30-08-06, 13:20
Suche imper?

If that's right then that's all I know pretty much. :lol:

Neally
30-08-06, 13:38
This anouncement relates to the harassment of other players to speak another language then the valid server language. Please read the anouncements closely befor posting.

In your anouncement you put that Mars and Mercury are German servers, but aren't they, like Terra/Neptune, International servers too ?

By International, you meant, "english supported only, but everyone can play on it" ?

Because to me all servers are meant to be international, and whatever is the language you speak, you can speak it in-game in such any cases, expect Support. And so, the only official statement players has to respect, is NOT to ask others players to speak a specific language.

*noone ever asked german players to use english on Terra* (edit: oh yeah, only stupid fuckers who got frustrated to get PK'ed by German players did ^_^)

SnowCrash
30-08-06, 13:53
The server- and support languages means that the support and the events are being handled in the respective language. Other languages are not supported. Of course you can speak whatever language you want as long as you not harassing other players to speak your language.

rob444
30-08-06, 13:53
Depends on where and what you're talking about in-game imho. If you spam the HELP channel with witty English comments people will find that rude.

Yeah I know how it is, seen a lot of german/french/whatever in help channel at Terra and it's annoying ;).

Neally
30-08-06, 13:56
Yeah I know how it is, seen a lot of german/french/whatever in help channel at Terra and it's annoying ;).

Yes but everyone deserves to get Help in its own language, annoying or not.

rob444
30-08-06, 14:16
Yeah you are right.

Neally
30-08-06, 14:57
The server- and support languages means that the support and the events are being handled in the respective language. Other languages are not supported. Of course you can speak whatever language you want as long as you not harassing other players to speak your language.

What's your opinion on this ? Can you explain why a lot of English players seems to move into the Mars server ?

I can see the GM ticket from Mars saying "Hey, I lost an item on mars, can you help me?". What will happen in that case ? Of course he won't get support, but it is gonna be annoying as well to receive a few tickets in English from there ?

SnowCrash
30-08-06, 15:14
My opinion doesn't matter. We have set up this rules and every player has the choice on which server he/she wants to play on. We are offering several options so it is not like that you are being forced to play on a special server. And it is not on the player's side to decide the rules of the server, this still remains on our side.

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 15:25
Without causing offence, the announcement is a little confusing.

Though it does say that the support language on mars/merc is German, it gives the impression that only German is to be spoken at all on those servers. Where as it was generally assumed that all servers allow you to speak any language you want.

SnowCrash
30-08-06, 15:35
Without causing offence, the announcement is a little confusing.

Though it does say that the support language on mars/merc is German, it gives the impression that only German is to be spoken at all on those servers. Where as it was generally assumed that all servers allow you to speak any language you want.

Guys, please read the whole thread before posting.

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 15:38
I know, I did. But I meant the announcement, which is the bit that's seen as more 'official' and will be the thread that people see rather than one hidden in the comm talk.

SnowCrash
30-08-06, 15:43
The anouncement says the same. It doesn't say that you are forced to speak german on the german server neither that you have to speak english on the english server. The only thing that is enforced are the rules of conduct that forbid you to harass other players to use your language if you are e.g. english speaking on a german server and other way round.

nobby
30-08-06, 15:47
Snowcrash, It's the German players which are Harassing US !

How you don't see that, maybe you should play on a normal character and pretend to be english.

"Sorry my german is a little bad, can you speak English?" <----This is not harassment.

"FUCK OFF TO TERRA THIS IS GERMAN SERVER"

This is the kind of comment we recieve, I have Germans Logging their Poker to poke German only people, but tell us to fuck off because we're "cheating english people."

You reply back to get back at them to shut up, they send fucking support tickets.

Edit// If people won't repair/Ress/CST/ poke for you because you're simply an english people person.
Isn't this Racist behaviour ?

I feel the Germans are being let off here.

Your announcement needs to be looked at.
Watch what the German players are saying to us FIRST, I am unhappy with your announcement!

Dribble Joy
30-08-06, 15:51
I agree that you should not force anyone to submit to any language. However:

Currently we are receiving massive complaints about English speaking players on the server Mars who are harassing German speaking players to speak English instead of the valid server language German. This displays a breach of our rules of conduct and will end in suspension of the game account on continual disregard.

To me at least, this clearly seems to indicate that no language other than german is to be spoken on Mars.
I know you meant otherwise, however the above is confusing and many people will misinterpret it.

:edit
This goes both ways. Cleary there are English people forcing english, and germans forcing german. We can put it on either side.

SnowCrash
30-08-06, 15:59
The rules of conduct apply to everyone. If you encounter german players harassing you, you can also create an ingame ticket to complain about this.

The current situation is that very much english speaking players are harassing german players on the server mars to speak english. That is the reason why it was mentioned in the anouncement.

Neally
30-08-06, 16:00
The anouncement says the same. It doesn't say that you are forced to speak german on the german server neither that you have to speak english on the english server. The only thing that is enforced are the rules of conduct that forbid you to harass other players to use your language if you are e.g. english speaking on a german server and other way round.

I'm not "FOR" or "AGAISNT" English German players (noway I can be, i'm French so ^^) but, maybe german players are not receiving CORRECTLY english players on their servers too, even If all the time I've played to Mars far before, the only english players that were coming from Terra were a bunch of cheaters, or insulting everyone (and especially german speaking) players, so it has to be like this. And NO, you can not pretend someone didn't help you just because you arrived and NEEDED a service, you need to get into a group and make friends.

but hey^^ English and German communities are both great, so this all is just stupid anyway.

THE_TICK!!!!
30-08-06, 16:01
well IM coming to mars, to hang out :) soon soon the tick will be in mars !!

Apocalypsox
30-08-06, 16:03
What about the german players abusing US? i dont like being called a Terra cheater all the time O_o

PepsiPlayer
30-08-06, 16:05
Nobby, ever felt it might just be you? Seriously tho, the German runners are a very nice bunch of players and always make me feel welcome, there are a few nasty ones but you get the same on any game, so why sweat it?

Just be nice to them and they are nice back, i have always got help when needed, just try learning a few words of german and they help with the rest. And no i am not German before you all wonder, just putting my point across.

So just try and get along and stop moaning about it, and READ what was put in the announcement.

Glok
30-08-06, 16:05
Maybe the problem is 2 servers are specifically called 'German' while the other 2 are 'International.' To me that would indicate something like private playing grounds or something.

Maybe call all the servers international with only the support language as the identifier.

Kierz
30-08-06, 16:11
Snowcrash, It's the German players which are Harassing US !
How you don't see that, maybe you should play on a normal character and pretend to be english.
"Sorry my german is a little bad, can you speak English?" <----This is not harassment.
"FUCK OFF TO TERRA THIS IS GERMAN SERVER"
This is the kind of comment we recieve, I have Germans Logging their Poker to poke German only people, but tell us to fuck off because we're "cheating english people."
You reply back to get back at them to shut up, they send fucking support tickets.
Edit// If people won't repair/Ress/CST/ poke for you because you're simply an english people person.
Isn't this Racist behaviour ?
I feel the Germans are being let off here.
Your announcement needs to be looked at.
Watch what the German players are saying to us FIRST, I am unhappy with your announcement!
When i read the announcement i couldn't help myself laughing for the exact reasons you meantioned nobby, no offence but KK are being extremly one sided on this..

but whatever i never needed to talk to kill people anyway, actions speak louder than words..

oh and to the people asking why are we playing on mars..
a) it's the only one slot server (imo why can't you just make it the 1 slot int server...)
b) terra's op war scene is just ninja/zerg/cheat and it's got boring
c) a load of new people to hate me

edit/
08-21-2006 17:19:35 > ********: go back to terra we dont want you here
08-21-2006 18:22:24 > OOC> ***** : best pvper on terra means worst on mars
08-21-2006 18:23:09 > OOC> ***** : gO back tO terra teh cheatÖr server
08-21-2006 20:59:43 > OOC> ***** : well zerging is the thing that terra players can do best - 26 ppls from 4 clans against 8 ^^
so kind...... and true

all i have to say to them is
08-28-2006 21:54:58 > BUDDY> *** : man
08-28-2006 21:55:13 > BUDDY> *** : this server is like unlocking a "very easy" difficulty on the game

nobby
30-08-06, 16:13
Nobby, ever felt it might just be you? Seriously tho, the German runners are a very nice bunch of players and always make me feel welcome, there are a few nasty ones but you get the same on any game, so why sweat it?

Just be nice to them and they are nice back, i have always got help when needed, just try learning a few words of german and they help with the rest. And no i am not German before you all wonder, just putting my point across.

So just try and get along and stop moaning about it, and READ what was put in the announcement.

No, If I make a mistake with my german, I get "You are from terra, you have bad german."

I can't stand the millions of accusations of "Cheating" simply because we're from Terra.

All I ask, if they talk to me in German, I just ask "sorry I didn't understand, can you speak German?" This is what I'm talking about.

I AM being Nice, it's them not being nice back !

to me, it feels like the Germans are doing the "I'm German, GM's will Believe me over you."
so if they'll all Complain, WE get in trouble for it.

I've sent countless Tickets about the Racist behaviour I've seen, I've not had ONE GM come back to me.

THE_TICK!!!!
30-08-06, 16:19
well when i first started neocron a LONG time ago, there where allot of misguided people who wanted to pick on the tick :( but see i didn't mind, cause the tick grew into a bigger tick, by suckin the blood out of his enemy's, i never complained...i just kept a list off asshats and proceeded to make there ingame life hell, when i was big enough to do so...its a really nice tactic !

rookee
30-08-06, 16:24
I can hardly believe what I read here, but then again I haven't been on Mars for longer than two hours yet. Think I'll create a char there and pretend to be English.. and then tell those narrow-minded kiddies to grow up. It's just sad imho, MMORPGs are are an excellent way to get to know people from all over the world.. and kill them. ;)

carecare
30-08-06, 16:26
First off, there is a LOT of nice people on mars.
When i first came on the server i was greeted with 300k and 6 rare weapons and entire leveling lineup given by 3 seperate people i had never even seen before.

Then when i asked for pokes i noticed some people complaining about english on their trade channels. Some even said i would get banned for speaking english.
Then when the pking started it all changed for the worse. Things ranging from griefplayer, kacknoob, cheater, exploiter to downright very abusive german insults. Give them an insult back in german and BAM: support ticket sent to gm who came to warn me about abusive language.
So i replied to the tickets with screenshotting all abuse to me, frapsing people who pushed me over the zoneline, people using stealthed reveler gunners, rezkilling (bannable on mars).

After sending in my first ticket and seeing that nothing was done about it the whole package rests on my drives, growing steadily.

As for support tickets conserning bugged scripts on npcs etc some have not even been replied to even though they were put in german.

Is there atm a VERY large anti-terra attitude on mars? YES
Do the English players feel left out and do they verbaly abuse some germans? YES

The question however is, who started it all?

Personaly i get a long with a lot of germans on the server, but maybe it's because i understand german. I usualy reply in english because they all understand it and my german is "rather bad" when written.

What i know is that this situation will either blow over or escalate.
If it escalates i think we'll see a lot of terra players making chars on mars to join their brothers in the fight against the german players and we'll have some kind of international war going on about map dominance.
If this happens it'll be the end of mars as we know it. And honestly, mars is a nice server to play on.

Mighty Max
30-08-06, 16:30
Small group of terra pps are heating the situation up
Small group of mars pps are heating the situation up

If you belong to neither of both, the announcement has no meaning, as it isn't a change in anything. Use your ignore function and calm down.

Pantho
30-08-06, 16:33
I think the point the Community is trying to make is.

KK are being one sided and think we are the only ones abusing , when is BOTH parties at fault. . .

Ive never been abusive to a player really, never will

nobby
30-08-06, 16:34
On the Stroke of 4:00PM, EVERYONE here, send a GM ticket about Someone you know who is being Racist on Trade or wherever.

When they see they've got loads of tickets, They'll have to do Something...

Neally
30-08-06, 16:37
On the Stroke of 4:00PM, EVERYONE here, send a GM ticket about Someone you know who is being Racist on Trade or wherever.

When they see they've got loads of tickets, They'll have to do Something...

This is getting pointless and ridiculious now. If you don't like someone from the german servers, ignore him. I have been Pk'ing in Mars for long before, and even with that, I had everyone as friend.

carecare
30-08-06, 16:38
I now see why nobby gets discriminated on mars..... as well as on terra :angel:

nobby
30-08-06, 16:40
I don't see your fucking problem at me, I'm not horrible to them !

Faid
30-08-06, 16:42
lol pretty soon, with the way things seem to be going, all English players are going to be banned from mars simply because the dont speak the "supported language" of the server. That announcement seemed to be very one sided and rather abusive towards English speaking people, and yes I read the entire post. Obviously English speaking people arent welcome on Mars :mad: At least its a straight answer and not a vague generality.

Mighty Max
30-08-06, 16:45
If i read it correct, its a reaction on abuse-reports. Guess thats why the reports are one sided. There are a lot more german on a german server to file abuse reports.

Just take it as snow said above: every side that harress others will be punished.

Dragging yourself into this problem like "oh, one of the attributes is like mine" is not helping you nor us ;)

Its like the insane, which thought he was the evil himself, Someone asked him:
If you are evil, where is your horse-foot? He answered "hmm, got none"
So then, where are your horns? He again answered "hmm, got none",
So the last question: where is your tail [the german word for this is the same as for your d...] The insane then answered "Hey, i got one ... im teh evil!"

Neally
30-08-06, 16:51
If i read it correct, its a reaction on abuse-reports. Guess thats why the reports are one sided. There are a lot more german on a german server to file abuse reports.

Just take it as snow said above: every side that harress others will be punished.

Dragging yourself into this problem like "oh, one of the attributes is like mine" is not helping you nor us ;)

Its like the insane, which thought he was the evil himself, Someone asked him:
If you are evil, where is your horse-foot? He answered "hmm, got none"
So then, where are your horns? He again answered "hmm, got none",
So the last question: where is your tail [the german word for this is the same as for your d...] The insane then answered "Hey, i got one ... im teh evil!"

i'm affraid i'm not following you right ô.Ô

Anyway I guess the best thing to do to make everyone happy is to post a german anouncement that would state they may not harass any English players coming on their server.

Clobber
30-08-06, 16:54
Maybe an announcement telling ze Germans not to constantly harrass and accuse all terra people of cheating is in order then after this one sided announcement?

Everytime I see someone ask for something on trade in English, whether it be selling, buying or after a tradeskiller, its followed by some German saying someit along the lines of cheating terra kacknoob go home etc etc.

Slynis
30-08-06, 16:58
ok from what i understand about this announcement i will not be allowed to start my "YOU MUST LEARN AND TALK SWEDISH" crusade. And for some reason i get harrased atleast 1 time everyday by the german players that i use different kinds of hacks and such, but seeing a player from terra telling a german guy that he got to speak english ive never seen and i think me (smurf) and neptune pretty much started the entire thing about moving to mars since the populations and the people on terra got boring. Every day we see people on ooc or trade on mars talking smack about us and seriously most of the time we dont have a clue about what their saying. Is it wrong of us to tell them we dont speak german ? i mean if they want to talk to us they have to speak english to make them selfs understood. i think that is the entire thing and the fact that germans dont want nongermans on the forums "from what i have experienced" but its up to urself to get a side of it. they group together to do everything to get us away from the server. from what i hear both doy and procity have started a alliance to kill the people from terra . i dont mind that but it comes to a point when u realise that what ever u want to do u have to expect having the entire server against u.

SMurfen "smurfeyn" on mars

Nidhogg
30-08-06, 17:00
Ok, guys, let's take a step back and look at this rationally.

Mars is a German server, meaning support and events will be in German, but there's nothing stopping you speaking in English, German or even Japanese if you want to. However, there's nothing in the rules states that people are obliged to respond to you in anything other than the language that person understands. That's logical isn't it? People play a game because they want to have fun, not be in an English class. ;)

Harassment on grounds of language is a breach of the Rules of Conduct and this applies to both Germans and English alike. The reason why the announcement is only in English is because we've received a huge quantity of complaints both in in-game tickets and "abuse@" emails from the German community and virtually nothing from the English side. We can only proceed on the evidence we have and our evidence is that this is pretty much one-sided.

Of course, in reality, there's no doubt that harassment is going both ways in this situation which means you need to be proactive yourselves. The forums aren't the right place for you to register your complaint. You can't submit a support ticket on Mars unless you can write it in German but there's nothing stopping you reporting people to abuse@neocron.com.

Pulling stunts like creating mass amounts of support tickets isn't going to achive anything except make you look even more guilty, and you'll just delay the support process for people with valid complaints.

So, to summarise, please understand that we are only acting on the information we have to hand. If you feel you are being harassed on grounds of your language then please take a screeny and email it to abuse@neocron.com and we'll take it from there.

N

Chimp
30-08-06, 17:01
Is there atm a VERY large anti-terra attitude on mars? YES
Do the English players feel left out and do they verbaly abuse some germans? YES

The question however is, who started it all?

Neptune, Smurfeyn, Gunnar and Cyanide addiction.... if you made a poll, i got $100 that says these 4 are the most hated terra players on mars. But back on topic..

@Snowcrash: Can anything be done about GERMAN players accusing Terra players every 2 minutes with "cheater cheater", "terra cheater" etc etc. I made a thread about this before and of course no GM wanted to answer because its dealing with the german subscribers.. but o wait, once they start writing tickets and emails about us.. look what we get! Launcher notifications !! Whoever said this a few replys back is exactly right.. Soon KK will ban all INT players from playing on Mars just because the german players complain so much.. I say get over it Mars players, because soon.. all the terra players will be on Mars and we wont say one word but "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST". Enjoy your server while you can.. it'll soon be full of bitter terra players feeling mistreated by KK and their ways.

watch my post be edited.. bye

Neally
30-08-06, 17:01
Well you ruined your own server so now they are affraid that you do the same with the mars server, so now they can ban you whenever they want harharharharhar

Slynis
30-08-06, 17:07
well im feelin in a very good mood now i think its "BASH BASH n SLASH time on mars now" first to 15 marsian frags today gets 300k on mars!!!! (low lvl people count as 1.5 :D:D:D:D::D )

Nidhogg
30-08-06, 17:09
If you've not seen my post above, please read it, but this thread is going to be closed because, guys, you're not really doing your cause any favours.

N