PDA

View Full Version : I'm teed off with KK over this bug... a very dangerous bug...

Heavyporker
28-08-06, 03:59
I was out on the steppes with a teammate inside a Rhino, good condition...

We zone over into another steppe zone... when I come out of synch I see the GR list... and my body.. under the rhino...

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I mean, honestly, WHAT THE FUCK?

This bug should not be allowed to exist! I spoke of it and the others did the digital equivalent of nodding your heads in the manner of " Yeah, I've been through that too."

This is an unacceptable bug. It must be stamped out immediately. There's just no excuse to leave it in the game!

Dribble Joy
28-08-06, 04:05
You get way too aggrivated, way too fast. Yes, it sucks. But think why it happens.
Spouting omfghaxtbhroflecopterlolwtf!!eleventy won't do anything.

Syncing has an inherant flaw: You appear on the otherside before you finish syncing. Leaving you open to being shot at. This is most obvious with NF of course.
Yes it does need to be sorted.

Heavyporker
28-08-06, 06:16
Open to being shot at.. inside a Rhino?!

canuma100
28-08-06, 08:00
Dont drug and drive. i Always get this bug when i am drugged up , drive rhino and Zone then

Apocalypsox
28-08-06, 09:18
Porker...atleast you didnt drug to fly a hoverbomber for some clan mates, own EVERYTHING That came out of the ug with ur bomber and not lose any health, then start on your merry way back to DRT with the bomber and zone right as a drug runs and lose your 750k bomber after one fight.

Heavyporker
28-08-06, 09:37
Where the fuck did I say I need or used a drug to drive a frickin' RHINO?! Drugs are completely and utterly unrelated to my story of dying from nothing when I zoned driving a rhino!

John Bushido
28-08-06, 09:41
for my opinion u werent shoot or had some weird drugstory running, 1 or 2 sectors on mars had a zonebug where this happens almost every time, which zoneline do u crossed?

aKe`cj
28-08-06, 09:45
Syncing has an inherant flaw: You appear on the otherside before you finish syncing. Leaving you open to being shot at. This is most obvious with NF of course.
Yes it does need to be sorted.

Thats one of the severe issues with syncing.
In this case its rather a different one that causes a problem. I dont have any proven evidence for this ..but imo it makes sense:

Ever wondered who these 0/2 PE's are that drop from the sky in the middle of the zone? Occurs when syncing takes a tad longer than usual - which is the case when syncing with vehicles, or syncing into a packed zone (50+ players).

Ever wondered why its just a few sectors that are guaranteed deathtraps for ppl syncing in rhinos/vehicles?

Ever wondered what effect the "skydrop" has on your 0/2 alt when the middle of the zone happens to be a rather steep slope?

Ever wondered why this problem wasnt known prior to the patch that increased falling-dmg?

Richard Blade
28-08-06, 14:24
I've seen people take damage from jumping out of the rhino.
Sometimes you pop out of your vehicle while zoning, just long enough to actually zone. Either the vehicle or the avatar are just a milisecond behind, it seems.
Add that to a difference in elevation between the two zones and you have a recipe for a dead avatar.

Apocalypsox
28-08-06, 18:24
idea...set the sync point on the roof of the level, then make a return to whereever you zoned in. then you dont need to worry about getting pawned by a grim chaser zoning over.

RogerRamjet
28-08-06, 19:29
Ive died jumping from one of those hovercabs inside NC before.

aKe`cj
28-08-06, 21:17
Sometimes you pop out of your vehicle while zoning,

Always, in fact.
The char is synced seperately and then automaticly moved to the prior occupied vhc seat.

Deus Ex Machina
28-08-06, 21:22
The problem seems not to be related to the 0/2 guys and where they land, on Mars there is at least one Sync which will kill you on crossing almost ever - IF YOU ARE DRIVING IN A VEHICLE
Crossing on foot has never been a problem there. The chance of dying also seems to increase if there is more than one person in the vehicle.
But I guess Reakktor knows exactly as much as we why this bug happens...

aKe`cj
28-08-06, 21:42
The problem seems not to be related to the 0/2 guys and where they land

Fill the zone with 60 players and cross on foot - I put $1 on you ending up dead.

rob444
29-08-06, 02:04
Ive died jumping from one of those hovercabs inside NC before.

lol, last time I checked it, it was still there, is it still there? :P.

I reported that bug in nc2 beta and it was never fixed. It's so simple to fix too. I mean... This is what happens:

You go into a hovercab, in the middle of the transportation, you jump.

Server has now flagged you as 'falling' even if you are inside the hovercab clientside. When you go out of the hovercab, the server registered that as you just hit the ground and since the server thought you jumped a long time ago, you would have falled for a very... very long time and you'll get hit by massive falling damage :P.

An easy fix I guess...:

if (player.event == 'jump') {
if (player.mounted == true) { return 0; }
player_jump(angle,speed,etc..);
}

Glok
29-08-06, 02:17
How many of you have died leaving a gravlift? So many times just a small drop kills me, now I wait until I'm not actually moving down anymore to get out. :o

eprodigy
30-08-06, 05:00
An easy fix I guess...:

if (player.event == 'jump') {
if (player.mounted == true) { return 0; }
player_jump(angle,speed,etc..);
}

wow! wheres the devs to pop that into the source!

while your in there remove this bit plz

if (player.emotion == 'happy') {
fuck_him_over();
}

Pantho
30-08-06, 05:05

fuck_him_over();
}

lol

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Heavyporker
30-08-06, 07:04

fuck_him_over();
}

Shit... too true. Way too true.

ROZZER187
30-08-06, 12:02
cant use vehicles. always get the rubber band bug when i try, been told that this is down to a bad log in....................yeah right like anyobdy can have about 20 bad logins :lol: