PDA

View Full Version : Unreal engine 3.0

Helioth
22-08-06, 20:15
"Electronic Arts has become the latest gaming industry giant to announce that it has acquired the Unreal Engine 3 license. EA joins an ever expanding list of license holders that includes Microsoft, Sony and SOE, Atari, Midway, THQ, Buena Vista Games, Bioware, Gearbox Software, Real Time Worlds,>>10tacle Studios<<, TimeGate and Silicon Knights... "

So what's this all about ?

Glok
22-08-06, 20:20
Eh you're obviously a bot but I can't figure what good you are. Give Itam Plzzzzzzzz!

ZoVoS
22-08-06, 20:24
strange having a signup in 2005 with one post now

Helioth
22-08-06, 20:25
10 tacle studios made and develops neocron does it not ? And it's baught rights to the unreal engine 3.0, good / bad, not new ? discuss.

Glok
22-08-06, 20:28
strange having a signup in 2005 with one post nowShit I didn't even see that.... just looked at the postcount. :o

Yeah I'll discuss this... at the very least stop reading spam it's rubbing off on you. :p

Dribble Joy
22-08-06, 20:31
Eh you're obviously a bot but I can't figure what good you are.
A bot with a registered NC game account?

As for UR3, it depends on KK and 10T. Converting NC to that engine would require a massive amount of work from the former, and a load of additional investment from the latter. Not to mention the devs would have to almost entirely relearn how their game is coded.

Glok
22-08-06, 20:39
A bot with a registered NC game account?Shit I think I finally managed to kill my brain.
at the very least stop reading spam it's rubbing off on you. :pI still think it's like intelligent software or something.... c'mon Helioth defend yourself!

Helioth
22-08-06, 20:46
What's with all the bot hate ?

CMaster
22-08-06, 20:49
He's not a bot. I seem to think "hellioth" may be a team in UT but anyway.
Well, 10T doesn't develop NC directly. They are the sole owners of Reakktor, who develop neocron. Isn't the Unreal 3.0 engine for Elevon though? We know that KKs new project is based upon an engine owned by 10T themselves though, so it has no real bearing on the future of NC. (However I hold that there will not be a Neocron on any other engine. There may be a 'spiritual succesor' (a la system shock/bio shock) but no remake directly of NC.

Dribble Joy
22-08-06, 20:50
Is Evelon a KK project or a 10T one? I was under the assuption KK had nothing to do with it.

Glok
22-08-06, 21:55
Ok since it edited it's first post to emphasize the >>10tacle<< I guess it's not a bot. How do you like being called 'it' Helioth? :lol:

Erm sorry. Bots have this impersonal preplanned post style (a lot like politicians :lol: ), and you post the same way... I guess it's probably a language barrier? Where you from?

I would guess what it's about is that the U3 engine kicks ass... and maybe has features that allow modules to be added to the engine or something making it ideal for a publisher to use to whip out games.

CMaster
22-08-06, 22:06
Is Evelon a KK project or a 10T one? I was under the assuption KK had nothing to do with it.

10T.
Its possible that this is what KK's web guys are working on, but probably not. But if you read that stockholders recomendation you'd see that (like most publishers) games aren't developed "in house" but made by subsidiaries. Aquiring a liscences could be done on the behalf of any or several of said subsidaries.

solid-rock
22-08-06, 22:41
And 10T has a good bunch of those. KK ofcourse being one aswell as Blimey games in london.

Helioth
22-08-06, 22:46
England ? People project all kinds of things over one sentance posts eh :rolleyes: