PDA

View Full Version : Crahn power cloak & Monk lvling

rookee
17-08-06, 10:46
I've been searching the forum but couldn't find anything to it - what do I need to do in order to get a power cloak? I remember from NC1 that I needed some Crahn fraction sympathy. What's the reqs today and whom do I need to talk to?

Additionally I'd like to level my APU and then re-skill to PPU. Any hints for levelling? Very much appreciated.

Cadgar
17-08-06, 10:49
the first and second pa sells the smuggler in the crahn hq near the entrance.
the third and fourth (never used by anyone) are only available at the crahn fsm, u need 90 crahn symp and have to be a member of the faction.

canyon cave is good for leveling. or when u want to combine leveling and good loot, doy tunnels and ceres cave

rookee
17-08-06, 11:17
the third and fourth (never used by anyone)

Why is that?

canyon cave is good for leveling. or when u want to combine leveling and good loot, doy tunnels and ceres cave

Thanks for the info. What level should my Monk at least be to go to the Canyon Cave?

WaRü
17-08-06, 13:06
the third and fourth (never used by anyone)

both? O_o or just the 4th?

Cadgar
17-08-06, 13:39
the fourth, cause it needs 135 psi, you need to get on drugs for that.

and u need a holy energy barrel to go there, if you are low level try el farid

Riddle
17-08-06, 14:02
and u need a holy energy barrel to go there

Also found that before you can use that spell the Multi lightning bolt works extremely well to, just spec those fire resists ;)

hnlecter
17-08-06, 20:38
I use level 3 ppu pa, thats the 115 one right?

Cadgar
18-08-06, 05:03
true.

rookee
18-08-06, 09:49
Also found that before you can use that spell the Multi lightning bolt works extremely well to, just spec those fire resists ;)

How much points should I have in Body Health before investing into Fire Resist as an APU? And I reckon armours are worth their money? Any other hints for surviving El Farid?

Riddle
18-08-06, 14:43
How much points should I have in Body Health before investing into Fire Resist as an APU? And I reckon armours are worth their money? Any other hints for surviving El Farid?

Crahn armour will offer some fire resist, grab a Fire belt, either spec shelter (deflector is useless)and LOM later or take a PPU with you. Heal, Heal sanc..Medi's :)

I would suggest something around 80-100 Fire resist including armour.

Get a Fire resist Buff aswell :P and all should be ok.

Remember to use your surroundings to recover health without being in the line of fire.

Scanner Darkly
20-08-06, 11:20
If you're gooing to solo El Farid, try and get hold of a Gaia Glove, it's worth the effort.

If you're going to be soloing most of the time, it's worth speccing tl10 heal and shelter - it will make your life down in that flaming hell-pit a lot easier.

50 Fire + best monk armour you can wear and light/med fire belt will do the trick.

aKe`cj
20-08-06, 11:28
Any other hints for surviving El Farid?

Yeah - DM 'trigger heal' in case you didnt pop out the LE yet ;)

rookee
23-08-06, 10:58
Ok, here's what happened so far: At first I was fighting Black Scorpions at the entrance 1 on 1, which was really tedious, but with those fire attacks and my humble Lightning Bolt I couldn't manage to get past the second door. Especially those large (and FAST) big scorpions killed me quite frequently (pure APU). I was wondering why you guys recommended El Farid so much. Then I stumbled across a bloke I had met earlier who also mentioned that El Farid rocks. So he showed me the ropes - and I must say it's really freaking insane! Definitely need the high fire resists, Shelter, Heal, Medipacks, tons (!) of Psi boosters.. but it's worth the effort. Sometimes I couldn't see a thing due to Shelter, Burn attacks, AoE spell effects and Healing, just the massive amount of damage dealt popping up everywhere. And I was dinging like Jingle Bells! I'm raising PPU now up to 56 for Shelter so I can do it on my own. It's still dangerous, but if you pay attention and use the walls etc. to heal up and boost yourself, it's really manageable.

If you're gooing to solo El Farid, try and get hold of a Gaia Glove, it's worth the effort.

That's a Crahn epic item, isn't it? Do you think it can be bought off other runners? If so, what's the price approximately? Any other ways to get my hands on (into) it? I'm pro-city.

edit: ake'cj: thanks for the offer! I might do so. :)

Darkana
23-08-06, 11:49
The Gaya Glove (KK is slowly fixing the Gaya vs. Gaia naming issue it seems :p) can be bought for about 4 mil on Terra; the prices vary, though.

The other way is to either change to Crahn faction or make a Crahn character and do the epic then. The epic itself has a couple difficult parts in it where you might want to get some outside help.

rookee
11-09-06, 10:55
I've bought the Gaya glove, have my PA, PSI core etc. - but now I'm making hardly any more progress in El Farid in terms of levelling. The cash flow is still great, but I'm kinda stuck at XX/50. Been to Regant and I can survive there, but it takes ages for me to kill the mobs - that way it's not pretty entertaining. So I tried the Chaos Caves with some people, but running back and forth between attacking and hiding due to the insane amount of damage that the chaos creatures deal I feel this isn't the right place for me either. Any hints on Regant's Legacy? I can use Shelter and the TL10 heal, rest is all into APU.

Darkana
11-09-06, 13:04
APUs solo the Chaos Caves, and I mean pure APUs, no heal, shelter, ... just medkits :) It's all about barreling from the right position (and I'm not talking about hiding spots in dark corners there).

rookee
11-09-06, 13:48
I actually did barrel the mob crowds down there and I think I got the hang of barrelling from the right position, but it still takes ages to kill them. In contrast to that I'm hitting 8-10 scorpions in El Farid simultaneously and despite they're 'only' level 50-90, the sheer amount of damage dealt gives me a lot more xp than trying hard to kill the chaos mobs. Still two PSI levels to go until I can use the Holy Energy Barrel.. I like the PPU and don't want to lom it out.

Any hints regarding Regant?