PDA

View Full Version : My First Private Eye

Tratos
12-08-06, 11:09
Well that's a lie, i had one in Neocron 1 but he got to about /20 and i deleted him, lol.

I've bought myself a Neocron 2 box from Amazon for a wopping £4 so im making some characters, the first of which is going to be a PE once my box arrives somtime this morning. Going the pistol route as i dont have a pistol based PVP character and would prefer pistols on a PE anyway so i need some advice...

What's the usual leveling curve for a PE?
What epics do i require? (BT, PP, TT?, CA? [for shits and giggles :p])

Any advice you think is worth knowing, please tell me :p
All help appreciated.

jini
12-08-06, 12:11
For Dex WoC 1 its something like 30 hours give or take.
Check your PMs for my setup and advice

Tratos
12-08-06, 13:00
Thanks Jini, much appreciated.

Just recieved my new box copy so it's off to do battle with C2P to get this thing online.

Pantho
12-08-06, 13:15
Gunnar and myself are on vent if you wont to ask a Q about PE's.

But to start off -
Epics needed (proberly)

Judge -

Move-on
Some people use PPR but your better with Targeting 3 :)
Gaya Glove

Executioner/slasher - No epics

Strenght based -

Move - on
PPR
Gaya

Lowtech Rifles - TSU-

NCPD
PPR
Gaya
TSU rifles
Freedom Resistor

Hi-Tech rifle - none

Of course setups would varie so you might need an extra epic or 2 ...

Any Hi DEX lvl like Slasher/Healing Light requires a SA -

_

Also Epic Pistol from TT is good for low soulight when killing NPC's

SorkZmok
12-08-06, 16:25
For leveling, get to 15 int somehow, the get a reveller and let some tank gun it. Once you cap psi, hit the gravis swamp caves, piss easy leveling down there. Once you got decent guns, hit the chaos caves to cap con. And i advise you to use green dragon, makes it pretty easy to level in those 2 places.

Could prolly leave the gravis caves out of this and just hit the chaos caves.
Or if you got another way to cap con ( ;) ) or manage to cap it before dex, stick to the gravis caves, it's faster than the chaos caves as you have zero downtime and can constantly kill mobs.

Dribble Joy
12-08-06, 17:46
For judge, SA can be of use as you can use the reflex 4 not the exp reflex, more atl, less wep loss.
Depending on whether you want PA, if not, target 3, if you do, you can stick in a ppr. I do the latter.
Myriad of different setups though.

Btw, 30 hours to WoC 1 personally sounds a bit quick. Maybe if you're with a team/ppu in a cave, otherwise it'll take a while.

jini
13-08-06, 08:00
30 hours or not basically depend on whether you have your LE in and/or there are other people in your cave. Also, I forget to say Tratos you need to team as a PE in order to level your psi, so you can cap it in say a couple more days

Kame
14-08-06, 06:12
I would recommend specing HC and lving with HC aoe (grenade launchers and then fusion cannons) especialy if you can afford to build yourself lving weapons.

Of course while you lv you can look for a team to get team XP for psi.

Just make sure you slightly overcap STR so you can lom out the HC after. The TC and WEP needed to use the fusion cannons will be good as well for either pc/rc.

From then on you can drone to WOC or just start using whatever DEX weapon you wanted.
You could even spec VHC and leave the HC in so you can go out on solo reveler/rhino sessions. You could even use nightshade+beast+xstrong+thyronol ( roughly, +22 STR) + imps (moveon zerk2,zerk3,str spine 3 (+9) = +31 STR.
Meaning that as soon as you hit 49 STR you can hop in the rhino and drive, gun and then maybe repair it.
As you lv you will need less and less drug to gun the rhino.

At the end the only thing left to cap will be DEX, and not CON. Trust me, its a lot easier when its this way.