PDA

View Full Version : Whats new neocron?!

Noob Saibot
11-08-06, 02:46
Hey, i used to play NC since the beta till around the time the first epics were implemented... Lately i've had lots of time on my hands and im not really playing any other mmo's and i was wondering... Whats new in NC???! I mean it has been a while since i last played n whatnot and i dont even know if my acct is still around. But just in case i do come back i want to know some things like; are there any new skills? Are tech parts super hard to find still? is the pvp still the same for the most part? New weapons? Hows the economy? So if you've got time to type, i've got time to read :P. leme know whats good.

Dribble Joy
11-08-06, 03:22
Huzzah. The crack brings them all back!

Anyway.
Epic for all factions now in game. No more DoY rifles and cypher helmets.
FA get a tradeskilling imp.
BD get an apt (big, lots of levels and a few strippers).
TS get an assault rifle.
CS get a psi glove.
TG get a grenade....

A few new weapons, main regular one is the pulse laser weapons. No HC version though. Rare rifle verion (Disruptor) and rare pistol version (Slasher). Other's I'll get to in a mo.

DoY has been included. Very ruinous and dark, all the anti-CA factions (FA, CS, BD, TS and TG) are based there.

CM went all neutral, but due to problems with SL and not really having anyone to fight, are now hostile to DRE and BD again, allied to TS and TT (ally and hostile on each 'side').
Only safe zones are Plaza 1, DoY City Centre, the faction HQs (only MB sector 1 for CM though, sector 2 is now CMHQ and isn't safe) and TH.
TH is now a neutral trading centre. FA split into a radical group that wanted to proceed with a more martial route, this is FA as it is. The passive scientist parts remained in TH. FAHQ is now in DoY.

A thing called a kami kaze cpu was brought in, as part of a storyline, not all that usefull other than a leveling imp. Massive defence losses, insane combat bonii. Were removed in the NC1-NC2 move though.
I am not bitter.

Gliders now availiable. Carrier that can take quite a few people. A bomber which does mad damage but hard to hit with. Then there are the speedy little ones.
Combat verions of the hovertech, chain bike and speeder also (a combat barbie car... but it tends to blow itself up a lot).
Quad for n00bies and combat quad for not so n00bies.

PA for all classes. Camo versions of the PEPA and tank PAs.

Wisdom of Ceres:
WoC is higher level skills beyond cap. XP cap has been removed and WoC 1 is at 260 million total xp in a given skill (100 million beyond the cap of a 100 mainstat).
PEs can get dex or str WoC. Tanks get str. Monks get psi or int. Spies get dex or int.
Currently only a req for cirtain items. Which are few so far.
WoC 1 PAs are availiable, which are exactly the same as PA3s, but with a WoC 1 req and different skin.
Also a WoC 3 PA like the WoC 1, but only availiable from events.
A number of WoC weapons too.
The Juggernaut crossbow. Very popular, it's damage is somewhat controvertial. WoC pistol.
Barretta and AK47. Lowtech pistol and rifle. Generally useless, low damage and the ammo is a pain to get hold of.
Ion shotgun weapons. Can't remember if these are WoC or not. Again bad damage.
Hurler Knuckles. Not great, MC tanks can use better weapons and PEs getting WoC 1 str to find out if it's any good... well I haven't heard of anyone trying yet.

Various GFX updates as well.

Noob Saibot
11-08-06, 03:49
Thanks Dribble that must have took some time :P I cant recognize all of the abbreviations but i recognize most of the factions :P. Hows the pvp scene lookin? Lotta Pk's? Afaik, if my acct is still active my skills must be all wrong now. is there some sort of skill rollback? I remember there being some sort of "potions" (for lack of a better word) that would remove skill pts but then you had to grind to get them back anyway.

But really tho... Do you think the comeback would be worthwhile or should i sign up for eve or wow lol.

Pantho
11-08-06, 03:53
Comeback

DJ is ok, but not rly up on PVP scene since he has only just reactivated

PVP atm in a nobble sence is mainly held up of people being complete assholes and running around with 2 PPU's to a APU ....

But many people PK without a PPU. Myself included along with Fetish/Skullcult, *SC do have PPU's but opwar mainly)

-

For PVP you are probly lookign at *ganking* a Clanned member while levling in chaos caves.. Then they scream for revenge and bring a clan member or 3 to come kill you....

Instant PVP

-

Drive through the Wastlands in hope of finding a poor helpless victim to devour.

-

Raid the enemy city and hope to find idiots trading in plaza 2, or PK'ing in PP3

-

Raid CRP , Many people PVP in CRP.

-

One of my fav evil ideas... Raid ppl at MC5.

Dribble Joy
11-08-06, 03:56
You can transfer chars from an NC1 account to a new NC2 account, they should be still there, afaik, no deactivated account has been deleted so far.

Only the items in the quick belt, armour slots and implant slots will still be there.
Appartments and vehicles will be gone, as will any epic items.

Plenty of PvP about if you know where to look. Some PKing, but then there allways is.

LoM (Loss of Memory) pills are still availiable, but they now cause a great amount of SI and you loose xp when you use them.

In any case NC > WoW and Eve.

edit:

DJ is ok, but not rly up on PVP scene since he has only just reactivated
I never deactivated, just that once the NC2 closed beta arrived I stopped dueling and eventually lost touch with the PvP scene. With the clan drifting apart slowly, by the time NC2 arrived, OPs weren't really viable anymore. By then my PvP skills (which had previously been reasonably high) had degenerated significantly. All my attempts to get back into the dueling scene ended with me just being pissed off with myself at being unable to be what I once was. Thus I effectively self-exiled from PvP, and did little. Instances with CM and some other factions/clans drove me from politics, being a one woman clan didn't help.
I'm thinking of getting back into PvP (dueling anyway), trying not to expect so much so soon.
We shall see how it goes.