PDA

View Full Version : Extremely difficult to get anything done

Spoty
10-08-06, 04:29
The game seems to be a ghost town, if you are starting out like me then one is in for a very rough ride. When I am in the game the most things said in the chat are pleas for pokes, repairs, etc... Lol, the second most seems to be complaints by people being ripped off by trade scammers. With such a tiny game population this is going to prove frustrating, and is not something I want to invest my game time in.

The only positive thing I have encountered was that it cost me no money to find out how bad it is. NC2 is basically NC1 with less people than when I first played it.

Darkana
10-08-06, 06:00
It's pretty hard to "lift off", if you can say it that way. Once things are rolling, it's much easier, because you have more options to go around, meet up with people, have (more) friends and so on. The other thing is, that you have to memorize the people who can do specific services for you, i.e. I won't respond to every public request made, yet I might be around and even available instantly for tradeskill services if I get messaged.

Dribble Joy
10-08-06, 14:21
What time were you on?
If it's gone about 12-1am then most people won't be there.
TH and P1 usually have tradeskillers.

Bishop Yutani
10-08-06, 16:32
saw you on there last night, spoty. I have the same gripes about it as you do. The only tradeskiller i can ever find is a poker. Waited around for a repper last night for an hour or so and gave up.

maybe they'll turn neptune into a test server so that any new english speakers that come back for 2.2 will go to terra...

Faid
10-08-06, 16:36
Another really, really good reason to join a clan. I do everything for my clanmates - Poke, rep, res, rez, construct, barter, ppu for, drive, gun, give money to, obtain items, and most importantly, we keep eachother company when it seems like no one else is playing this game.

Dribble Joy
10-08-06, 17:21
Reppers probably are the rareset. I am a cheeky goit and have an alt who does repping and reccing.

Bishop Yutani
10-08-06, 18:12
i know its a "chicken before the egg" debate, but if people didnt use 0/2 scientist alts to do their tradeskilling, we wouldnt be having the OP's problem.

*cough* dribble joy *cough* :lol:

not trying to be mean or anything, i just dont believe in mules.

Glok
10-08-06, 18:17
My 'scientist mule' is /56 and does work for anyone who asks... but um... I haven't been playing. :p

Tratos
10-08-06, 18:23
Reppers probably are the rareset. I am a cheeky goit and have an alt who does repping and reccing.
You have an alt?!?! :eek:

:p

Dribble Joy
10-08-06, 19:09
Actually she's about /40. She's a JoaT, so most of the skills are a little useless for most people. She does venture out occationally.

Teh Fabricator is her name btw.

Mr Kot
10-08-06, 19:48
The place is kinda quiet for USA peeps. Peak time seems to be between 8 and 11pm GMT

So hey, who needs work? Bunk off for the afternoon and play NC :D

Castagere
12-08-06, 01:52
Its sad but true. The eng.server is never more that 5 or 7% full. I see maybe 5 other players in a night. And the sewers are always empty. I didn't think this would bother me, but it feels like i'm playing be myself alot.

Its a shame really. The cities should be full of players running around. The restarants and bars are always empty too. This game needs a pick me up somehow. Great game but its really an empty place.

ZoVoS
12-08-06, 03:39
when ur capped u will find u have friends who will do all that for u =] or atleast u should find u have friends to do all that for u =P

Apocalypsox
12-08-06, 04:15
m8...i dunno what the FUCK you are doing...but the populations have increased immensely since i left a week ago...i can actaully walk into P1 and get a tradeskiller now...

Pantho
12-08-06, 07:18
m8...i dunno what the FUCK you are doing...but the populations have increased immensely since i left a week ago...i can actaully walk into P1 and get a tradeskiller now...

oh god... He returned :p

Apocalypsox
12-08-06, 08:54
damn fuckin right im back just for your sorry ass pantho :p i couldnt leave you all alone now could i?

Powerpunsh
12-08-06, 08:57
Hmm, i find Tradeskillers everytime. The reason could be, that i know friends who got them. :rolleyes:
Try to find out other chars from the Tradeskillers u find. Then direct them. I do always my Trading support requests in direct.
The Neocron population is low and how often does someone need a repper? Per day maybe 2 People. If we were more peops, we would have more Traderskillers on.
So all, do advertisment! ;)

BAMF
15-08-06, 18:22
The game seems to be a ghost town, if you are starting out like me then one is in for a very rough ride. When I am in the game the most things said in the chat are pleas for pokes, repairs, etc... Lol, the second most seems to be complaints by people being ripped off by trade scammers. With such a tiny game population this is going to prove frustrating, and is not something I want to invest my game time in.

The only positive thing I have encountered was that it cost me no money to find out how bad it is. NC2 is basically NC1 with less people than when I first played it.

[ edited - I don't want to see this again ]

imho the KK staff need to partner with the makers of Twilight war & feed em their ideas, with the source engine & a non-crashing/glitchy game combined with neocron's combat system & ideas, we would birth the next virtual jesus tbh."

Pantho
15-08-06, 20:10
Virtual jessu, Meets pantho (Real jesus tbh)

ZoVoS
15-08-06, 22:30
Virtual jessu, Meets pantho (Real jesus tbh)

how do u pasistanly get away withough nid edditng ur sig for (being to god dam large)

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6962/sizekx1.jpg

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6962/sizekx1.jpg

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/7183/size2ds0.jpg

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/7183/size2ds0.jpg

Scanner Darkly
20-08-06, 11:07
I've not been on a whole lot lately, but when I was on, I had to beg people for work on my pure multi skiller (res/poke/rep/rec). This was at around 11:30pm BST.

I was sitting accross from a capped conster, both of us slouching around TH and unemployed, until we employed each other... :cool:

BAMF
30-08-06, 20:16
[ edited - I don't want to see this again ]

imho the KK staff need to partner with the makers of Twilight war & feed em their ideas, with the source engine & a non-crashing/glitchy game combined with neocron's combat system & ideas, we would birth the next virtual jesus tbh."

Darn, I guess the forums mods dont want the ppl checkin this game out to know its not active at all. (dying) Kinda sad when ppl say "wtf u talking about, I cant walk into P1 & actually get a tradeskiller now", when <- that should NOWHERE near be an issue. But really KK needs to quit trying to perfect the game for now, & need to get on some crack and advertise like mofos & get the population at LEAST doubled. nobody will like a game where there's nobody in a zone of the MAIN CITY.

gotta get the population bumpin, then they can think about perfecting.

rodier
31-08-06, 18:18
exactly.

I was watching Neocron since beta.. I was in beta2/3/OB + few month of retail..

when im looking on whole idea, story, screenshots, music, theme.. this game rock. its best mmorpg around, best atmosphere, idea.. everything. I like it.

But why im not playing it? Because its empty ;( I want play mmorpg that is live.. where you see bunch of ppl everywhere..

I think KK never have good management..
1. I never saw advertising on sites like fileplanet/mmorpg.com I never saw any giveaway contest that will pull MANY ppl on that sites.. Give some (100-200) giveaways (1 full account with month free play)

2. trial - anyone here tried trial? I yes, its pain in the ass.. double registration + you need working credit card + that company will charge you few $ and return it back after 3 month = chaotic..

3. servers - there are too many servers. Merging will be best. Make only 1 international server with 3 general channels - general.fr general.en general.de

4. disband whole trial idea and make something like Anarchy Online or at least Planetside. -> basic version without any fees. basic version = account with small cap characters.. like you can get to first high-tech weapon. Then you must upgrade to full account or play capped.

This 4. point will make BIG population growth. Look on AO/PS - they got 30-50% pop+ when they start "basic for free". I think at least there will be same amount of players like when NC1 was in open beta.
- many ppl dont play because dont pay for ghost town, but start playing this for free => it will be full town so ppl start paying
- many ppl want try get to high level for pvp.. short trial is for nothing
- many ppl want play occasionally and this is best way..

Nidhogg
31-08-06, 18:57
Of the points you mention, the only one we have any say in is the number of servers, and even then we don't have the deciding say. ;)

We're having a big push next month with the new storyline so expect some higher level coverage soon.

N

BAMF
01-09-06, 15:36
exactly.

I was watching Neocron since beta.. I was in beta2/3/OB + few month of retail..

when im looking on whole idea, story, screenshots, music, theme.. this game rock. its best mmorpg around, best atmosphere, idea.. everything. I like it.

But why im not playing it? Because its empty ;( I want play mmorpg that is live.. where you see bunch of ppl everywhere..

I think KK never have good management..
1. I never saw advertising on sites like fileplanet/mmorpg.com I never saw any giveaway contest that will pull MANY ppl on that sites.. Give some (100-200) giveaways (1 full account with month free play)

2. trial - anyone here tried trial? I yes, its pain in the ass.. double registration + you need working credit card + that company will charge you few $ and return it back after 3 month = chaotic..

3. servers - there are too many servers. Merging will be best. Make only 1 international server with 3 general channels - general.fr general.en general.de

4. disband whole trial idea and make something like Anarchy Online or at least Planetside. -> basic version without any fees. basic version = account with small cap characters.. like you can get to first high-tech weapon. Then you must upgrade to full account or play capped.

This 4. point will make BIG population growth. Look on AO/PS - they got 30-50% pop+ when they start "basic for free". I think at least there will be same amount of players like when NC1 was in open beta.
- many ppl dont play because dont pay for ghost town, but start playing this for free => it will be full town so ppl start paying
- many ppl want try get to high level for pvp.. short trial is for nothing
- many ppl want play occasionally and this is best way..

its not really much of an "MMO" rpg =/ , which reminds me, hell, even the storyline kicks ass lol.

but..ye.. =/ Nidhogg: If you really do have a say or opinion with any KK staff, let em know that in MMORPGs, ppl care -> alot <- about char customization & what their char looks like in their new armor. That's the main reason ppl like WoW, cuz of the glowy/swirly epic armor & constant effects around weapons etc. u dont need to implement more char customization, but the faces need to look better Q_Q they almost look like dolls. what NEEDS to be done is to have the outer appearance change for each peice of armor, maybe add a glowy effect to a char with holy shelter on, etc. GAMEPLAY IS FINE, LOOKS IS NOT (character-wise neway when not wearing armor, which alotta ppl do // & the world looks good also) Add the out appearance change AND make the weps look diffrent. It isn't fun to lvl to cap with a few diff types of weps that all the same types look the same.

add the appearance changes and ADVERTISE LIKE MOFOS, get some advertisements goin on techTV, get some posters up in most of all the EB games. Ye its gunna cost cash, u gotta make sacrifices along the way.

And as ive said a ton with my old forum accnt, increase the dmg taken from foreign casted holy s/d. & SLIGHTLY reduce the blessed/holy foreign heal.