PDA

View Full Version : Setup for TH Auction...

Heavyporker
09-08-06, 20:17
Okay, after some thinking and some checking things out, and listening to much advice, I've decided to go ahead with the idea of an Auction in TH. It'll be a couple weeks in the future since I'm out of town for a week tonight and to give people time to get ready for the event. That reminds me, I've got to send in for a GM.

This is going to be a damn proper, high-class auction, dammit! We are going to damn well *focus* on auctioning!

Here's the terms:

* The auction will take place in the former Merchant Area in TH Sec-3.

* The auction will take place at *EITHER* ~2pm August 19th *OR* ~2pm August 26th (Saturdays). People, vote for which of these days you'd prefer, please.

* People are expected to be courteous and quiet (There's other channels than local and Zone, all right? Heck, use the Service channels as a proxy for local chat. It's completely bereft of users.). I ask you all to refrain from using local because with that many people in one area, local is going to drown out offers and bids pretty damn fast. Zone chat is reserved for the auction. Wait until an item is offered before bidding on zone. If bids are not made in Zone chat, they are ignored. For the love of Crahn, don't spam the auction channel.

* People who want to sell things must get in touch with me at storilaos@hotmail.com, listing which items they want to sell, for what starting price, and reserve if any. Items must be turned in to me 1 or 2 hours prior to event.

* Items must stick to terms as outlined:

- It is worth more than 250k, uncommon, and in usable condition. E.G.:
+ We don't want, for example, someone coming up to me with a broken Rhino key hoping to auction it off. Fuck that.
+ We also don't want 0-1 slot non-rare weapons, not even in bulk. Please: high-slotted non-rares or good-condition rare weapons, at minimum. If these rare weapons are 0-1 slotted, for the love of Crahn, set a low bid price.
+ If you have carcasses, please, for the love of Crahn, spend the few bits of wood and metal to make it usable. It's only a couple of minutes if you've got a line on a recycler. If people are paying good money, let's have the courtesy to have it ready upon reciept of money, okay?
+ Bulk techparts: Dude... please... must be 25 or more techparts, and must be in a Tech Haven or Outzone apartment (so that any faction can get to the apartment without being shot by guards!) and in the cabinets. You give me the key, and I shall activate and verify that there are indeed techparts in the apartment. I shall then auction the key. Winner gets the key. Makes everything *much easier* .
+ No armors, unless it's the WoC black and glowy-white PAs.
+ No implants, unless it's MC5 or Kamikaze (*sigh* I wish)
+ No common junk, raw materials, or common itemparts or common blueprints.

* Here's a general list of acceptable items so that people can know the baseline expectation:

- 10x of any recycled special item (must be usable) [Recordable Disc, Empty Book, etc]
- 4-5 slot non-rare weapons/psi modules/hacknet software.
- Good-quality rare weapons/psi modules.
- Ceres / WoC weapons.
- Ionic weapons.
- Trophies (as aforementioned, if you have carcasses, convert into trophies before giving to me!). If common trophy, please, at least 3x (Warbot and Grim trophies are commons, methinks).
- Epics
- Multples of high level vehicles: Rhinos, Heavy Trikes, APCs, Gliders, Hovercarriers, Hoverbombers.
- Minimum of 10x of Kri'Nakh drugs or the super +CON drugs (Amphitdextrite or Iceflash, whatever). If it's common blue drugs, must be at least 249x. No dicking around here, guys, alright?
- WoC armor.
- Multiples of Slotters. (Unless it's Experimental, of which 1x is fine)
- Ultimas.
- Anything special.

* I, the auctioneer, am obligated to keep things moving. Each item has 15 seconds, upon offer, to be bid upon or it will be retracted. Each bid extends the time limit by another 15 seconds, so it can get the best price for the offerer.

* If you gave me items and terms, for the love of Crahn, screenshot it. If you didn't know, F12 is the default 'Take Screenshot' key. Screenshots are saved in Neocron's Shots folder. By all means, come to the auction, and when your item comes up, screenshot the end price if it sells. I shall do so as well (reciept, not end price of sale), but we want proof on both sides of the relationship to minimize trouble. If you have a problem and have no screenshots and I have no records of the problem, you are Shit Out Of Luck.

Of course, I shall try to get some back up to help things get moving smoothly. Thank you all for your time, people!

Pantho
12-08-06, 05:11
Ok Heavyporker ive E-mail you ...

1 Nc1 item
1 MC5
2 WoC weapons -

PM me on forums for quick response, but i read my e-mail every other day...

5% cut is fine....

Tratos
12-08-06, 10:54
Sounds good, perhaps allow builk auction of drop armour, i.e. 25x viper king incase a clan wishes to grab aload for various things/people without having to bother with the graves :p

Heavyporker
17-08-06, 01:35
I'm back in town now, guys. I'm going to start checking my e-mails, but I'm rather disappointed by so few replies, especially in reference to which weekend you guys would prefer.

And bulk drop-items... ehhh, I don't know. Armors are way too common, but special mob-drop items like juggernaut parts or something that people need for difficult runs would be good for an auction like this.

Faid
17-08-06, 16:32
I have some things for your auction and Ill be emailing you soon.

*a little suggestion on the auction time - you may want to hold the same auction twice in the same day maybe like 5 hrs apart from eachother. That way people who couldnt make the first one may be able to attend the second.

silent000
17-08-06, 17:12
I will e-mail you on be-half of the eXL clan once i get everythign sorted that we wanna sell

Heavyporker
17-08-06, 17:46
Considering that I need to spam the event more, what do you guys think about having it on the 26th instead of this weekend? More time to gather the goodies, certainly.

Pantho, I didn't get your email, I think. Which e-mail did you use, the forums one or the one I mentioned in this thread?

Faid
19-08-06, 21:51
Ok Heavy I just sent you an email with the items I would like to submit to your Auction - and a 5% cut is ok with me.

Pantho
20-08-06, 04:29
Eh oh, meh rvc_shart@yahoo.co.uk i sent it from..

Can i just PM you the items, my mail is fubard atm -

Heavyporker
20-08-06, 04:33
Okay, Faid, got the e-mail. I replied to it.