PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and a question

SizZLeR
06-08-06, 23:43
I was GR'ing to point red and when i came outta the GR it suddenly drew my wep a couple of times, then i got a hacking screen to look at, and next i had "Synchronizing" written across the screen.

After waiting for a lifetime for it to disappear i decided to press "ESC" and relog, then i found myself in this weird place, where i obviously was bugged as i couldnt move to the "floors" nor the "exits or anything else, i was trapped.

http://www.computerbits.dk/pics/woot.jpg

So i tried reloggin, which didnt solve the problem (ofcourse it didnt, what did i expect?)

So i tried the reset position, which didnt solve the problem (ofcourse it didnt, what did i expect?)

So i tried the kill self command, which ofcourse worked (ofcourse it did, its the only command that makes life harder on u in the game) :lol:

Then i GR'ed to point red and suddenly i could see thru walls when standing by the GR.
http://www.computerbits.dk/pics/xrayvision.jpg

But what is that place where i ended up?

Dribble Joy
06-08-06, 23:47
Hehehehe.....

Clearly you have never seen or heard about HackNet before...

Roc-a-fella
07-08-06, 00:19
Welcome to neocron? :(

Mr Kot
07-08-06, 00:23
Hack a GR and you will see ;)

The reset position should have put you back on the walkways. Did you type /set reset_position 1 and wait two minutes?

As for why you ended up there, it seems you warped into a Fallen Angel runners body just as he was hacking the GR to get into his faction DNS. Just a bug.

Pantho
07-08-06, 01:04
Hack a GR and you will see ;)

The reset position should have put you back on the walkways. Did you type /set reset_position 1 and wait two minutes?

As for why you ended up there, it seems you warped into a Fallen Angel runners body just as he was hacking the GR to get into his faction DNS. Just a bug.

itsa kool bug if ur Pro... you can run to BD and grab the GR

SizZLeR
07-08-06, 01:23
:lol: its partially true regarding my xp with hacknet, its just about zero as i never been up for hacking, however i thought hacknet was in "green" not "yellow" ROFL

Yeah i did just that, i typed the command then i couldnt move which normally means the command has been carried out, so i relogged and got into the same spot where i left, so i killed myself. :lol:

Dribble Joy
07-08-06, 01:58
NC HN is green, DoY is orange, CM/TH is blue :).

Pantho
07-08-06, 02:00
relg doesnt work... Just along wait... and if ur Pro.

You probly would ahve died upone reset by NPC's

unreal
07-08-06, 02:30
Seeing through the walls at the GR area at Point Red happens every time, just depends where you're looking from inside the building. My favourite occurance of that was when the epic NPC was stood on top of a tree, it made it look like he was standing in thin air. A bit like the one shown in your screeny except it was in the opposite direction and everything apart from the floor was invisible. :p

Tratos
07-08-06, 09:25
Seeing through the walls at the GR area at Point Red happens every time, just depends where you're looking from inside the building. My favourite occurance of that was when the epic NPC was stood on top of a tree, it made it look like he was standing in thin air. A bit like the one shown in your screeny except it was in the opposite direction and everything apart from the floor was invisible. :p
Yeah the problem with point red always happens like that but it wasn't alwas borked, im trying to think what broke it but cant.

SizZLeR
07-08-06, 10:30
Yeah the problem with point red always happens like that but it wasn't alwas borked, im trying to think what broke it but cant.
Exactly, i remember it not being broke too, but its been a while since i was out there, i think it must have happend in the time after patch 156 or 157..

CMaster
07-08-06, 11:42
Yes, relogging while you are resetting position CANCELS the reset position.
If you are about to say "I have relogged while stuck before and been reset" - thats a different matter. If you are in an object when you log out, NC will not allow you to log back in where you collide with an object.

unreal
07-08-06, 13:04
Yeah the problem with point red always happens like that but it wasn't alwas borked, im trying to think what broke it but cant.It usually happens when you've managed to stick your head inside a wall/object, or went completely inside one. I'm sure droners have noticed when their drone spawns inside walls at places like The Graves and see that section of the wall becomes invisible.

Sometimes it's the camera angles themselves. When you run into apartments in third person and run through the lift doors there's a split second (usually) where you're just about to go through the doors and most of the walls go invisible, letting you see inside the apartment. That happens for me at least, dunno if anyone else has experienced it.

No idea when PR was that broke though. But I'm sure it was like that way before patch 156. It's happened as long as I can remember.

SizZLeR
07-08-06, 13:47
Yes, relogging while you are resetting position CANCELS the reset position.
If you are about to say "I have relogged while stuck before and been reset" - thats a different matter. If you are in an object when you log out, NC will not allow you to log back in where you collide with an object.
Actually i have before done it like initiating the reset command, then when i was stuck due to that, i relogged and it fixed me. :D

I dunno what the actual "correct" way of using reset pos is though, i used it for the first time in dec shortly after NC2 had gone final, i was stuck behind the west NC entrance and a friend there told me to do it like reset position, then when i couldnt move i shd relog and then it fixed the matter, so have been doing it like so ever since, always worked. :)

CMaster
07-08-06, 14:15
Proper use of reset position is to type it and wait.
If typing it then relogging works, then in fact you need never have tyuped the command - just relogging would have worked.

unreal
07-08-06, 14:18
Well, if he hasn't completely logged off, then to the server he'll still appear to be online even while he's relogging in, so while he's doing that he could have been warped. Then there's the possibility he crashed when quitting; random crashes and bad logins can force you back to the reset point.

SizZLeR
07-08-06, 14:20
Proper use of reset position is to type it and wait.
If typing it then relogging works, then in fact you need never have tyuped the command - just relogging would have worked.
Hmmm well the first time i did try reloggin a couple of times and that didnt work, but then i used the reset com and i was reset :)

Kame
07-08-06, 16:15
That reminds me of a screenie i posted couple months ago, it showed someone yelling :

"-I DONT EVEN HAVE HACKING !!!"

While being trapped in HN, eventually he had to set kill_self as well.The best about HN is when you play a tank then you use the GR, tthen it syncs you in HN and then you die. What a great game feature !