PDA

View Full Version : Community Question: Playershop-like Website

-FN-
02-08-06, 21:48
Would the community be interested in a website that, when you register, allowed you to setup a store where other users could buy your stuff? And in the longterm, eventually could also have an option to act like a watered-down ebay for Neocron Items.

Of course there would have the be manual input of what you're selling then manually go in-game, meet up and trade... but the website would be a middle-man for people who wanted to buy/sell/trade NC items.

Ideally KK would setup a new place in NC where you could store items (Playershop) and you'd be able to log into a website with your NC info and all the items in that special cabinet-like container would be available for you to setup a shop with... then people could shop either via the citycomm or the website with automatic transferral of things from people's stores into your gogo... but that's just a pipe dream :p

So how about the initial idea - is it worth my time to work on? It would use the nc.syn item database - you'd select an item from there, fill out details about it (quantity, stats, etc) and put it up in your store with an easy URL for you to use in-game....

Apocalypsox
02-08-06, 21:58
WHooraa 4tw DO IT! NEOCRACK EBAY WOO!!

CMaster
02-08-06, 21:58
So a kind of NC Marketplace?
Sounds cool.

Heavyporker
02-08-06, 22:04
Oh, no, guys, don't put me out of business!

:p

Sounds quite cool, though.

-FN-
02-08-06, 22:06
I've been sitting on http://www.neocrontrader.com/ for awhile - but yeah, it would be a Neocron Marketplace.

I know it's a cool idea :p but what I need to know is WILL PEOPLE USE IT - because I really don't want to waste my time :( The Setup DB is pretty actively used, so I'm hoping it would be something similar to that level of usage.

System
02-08-06, 22:14
not a bad idea at all just like you said will it be worth it. If you can get a shit load of people willing to use it then it will be worth it but its a 50/50 chance basically...

Tratos
02-08-06, 22:25
Well you have the URL - you might aswell ;).

Sounds like a great idea and another fantastic resource for the Neocron community. Im sure people would use it as it would allow people to sell their wares outside the game world as if they organise the trade on the website they can do it at work or college and organise the trade happening for when they get home instead of the trading process beginning - i.e. the spam onslaught beginning for hours on end - when they hit their desk chair after hours of being bored at work ;). With this people will be able to periodically check their stuff when they cant be ingame and send e-mails (Or add a PM system to the Marketplace?) to organise things.

With all that done in 'spare' (coughworkcough) time, it leaves much more time for playing the game. OP wars, PVP, Raids, Leveling etc etc.

Excellent idea!

aKe`cj
02-08-06, 22:34
The idea is not that bad - but the basic problem remains.
Both players have to be online at the same time in order to finish a deal - in fact - they even have to "arrange" a meeting beforehand. Unless those who sell on that system are frequently online and easily met (playtime 5h+ per day, ..or 'time logged in' - cronalizer ftw!), it'll fail.

I think it's too complicated if you have to hunt down other ppl for days in order to get the stuff you placed a bid on. meh 2 cents.

-FN-
02-08-06, 22:52
I agree with you aKe`cj - the website would be a convenient step to get people to agree to trade - but the biggest part would be the in-game counterpart that wouldn't exist :(

So do I want to create the site just to run into a huge inconvenience further down the road? I dunno :(

Dribble Joy
02-08-06, 23:14
In game player shops ftw really.

Even if we can't have a specific location (OZ mall ftw), door buttons and NPCs that will sell the items you put 'in' them is all we need.

LiL T
02-08-06, 23:33
If it has stuff on it i can buy like drugs special armor weapons ect I'd use it and if it got good and lots of people used it. The rules of supply and demand would take over and we would have a propper market ;)

edit

DO IT

Scaramanga
02-08-06, 23:36
Blooming good idea DJ. Like a YOs that could sell on what players sold to them, as regular pawn shops do.
Run by the trader union, taking a % cut of course. Players buy and sell from there.
Dunno how the exact mechanics would work though, have to set a stock x style of pricing for the supply and demand and prolly a cap on number of items of a specific type held by them.

Dribble Joy
02-08-06, 23:42
What I was thinking was:

Place NPC in apt.

Give items to NPC and set price for each one.

Items then appear as with any trader. Advertise the apt with a pw and check back once in a while to collect cash (or have the sales money appear instantly on your char).

You could maybe have an option to add some desription to their box title or maybe a few lines that gets used in a script.

Scaramanga
02-08-06, 23:45
Would be handy if they could store huge numbers of items as it would massively reduce time spent on trading tech parts.

Bredahl
02-08-06, 23:58
I know it's a cool idea :p but what I need to know is WILL PEOPLE USE IT - because I really don't want to waste my time :( The Setup DB is pretty actively used, so I'm hoping it would be something similar to that level of usage.

a very good idea indeed, i know i would use it.. would be sweet with a good place to sell my stuff instead of spamming tradechannel or using the ingame crap forum, that makes ppl crash when they try and use it.

DO IT! :D

Nidhogg
03-08-06, 01:34
You know you want to really. ;)

N

Fero
03-08-06, 04:07
Pair that with ideas from "Auction House" thread and we are on a path to success :)
:angel: :angel:
good ideas FN .. as always.

Heavyporker
03-08-06, 08:16
For the love of Crahn, someone bring back the N-Bay!

Koshinn
03-08-06, 08:58
You know, I think without FN, NC would've died a year or two ago. Maybe KK should look into paying him a little money? :D Seriously, he puts so much work into NC he might as well be a dev.

Oh and on topic, go for it!!

nellus
03-08-06, 09:24
You make it i'll use it

Excellent idea as usual from you -FN-

SizZLeR
03-08-06, 10:41
Not a bad idea at all imo, but isnt it kinda KKs job to get stuff like that made and built into the game?

Whether ppl will use it or not can be an issue, then another issue is, will KK implement an ingame version of that idea within the next year? (stupid question, ofcourse they wont.. :lol:)

If i were to setup a site like you're thinking of here, id go for some pre-coded php cms solution with modules for trading, like auctions etc. to minimize the work id have to put into it.

Because IF all of sudden it turns out only 10 ppl r actually using it or if KK shd end up making an ingamge version within the next year, all the work would be wasted.. :(

Personally i think KK shd at least edit the ingame trading forum so it'd be devided into sections of WTB, WTT and WTS, as it is now its a total mess.
Also they shd make it possible to delete threads so u can delete your "sales add" after the goods have been sold.

Its really annoying going thru trade forum and after searching for a long time, finding just what u need to see that the item has actually been sold.

If they'd just do those few adjustments, i think we would get a way better trading forum ingame and then the next step would be to implement the ingame vendors where u can put your items up for sale and have the cash transferred to your chr instantly when the goods r sold.

I still like the idea of that trading site, no doubt about it and id prolly use it too, its just that when u r trading thru a 3rd party website or even thru citycom, its almost like everytime u want to buy something, the chr aint online and the trade cannot take place.

When I look for weps, armor etc, i do it because i need it instantly, not because i need it tomorrow or any other day. ;)
So to me its like essential for ingame trading, that the trade can/will take place "right away".

Frankly i think we will be seeing a lot of ppl not updating their acct at a trader website when they sell somethin, some ppl might put a lot of effort into it and some might not, so we might experience a lot of displayed goods up for sale that have actually been sold days or hrs ago, just like now in the CityCom. :(

Dont get all of this wrong, i think its great someone wanna do this and it shd be given all the support it can have in any way, but i just fear that we wont see that happening in the long run...

Maybe the next step after asking ppl if theyd use a site like that, would be to ask KK if theres any plans of improving the ingame trading system within the near future. :)

Heavyporker
03-08-06, 10:46
No kidding. Ingame forums are an unforgivable mess.

The new version of StockX is the only good thing I've seen come out of the CityCom terminals... you know, more thought-through and better-implemented.

Using the info section of the terminal is so annoying. Thank Crahn for the wildcard ( %%, if you didn't know).

And, for the love of Crahn, KK, ffs, if you can't stop the damn torrents of newbie notification emails, AT LEAST LET US DELETE EMAILS WITHOUT HAVING TO OPEN EACH SEPARATELY TO GET TO THE DELETE BUTTON!!!

Something like a checkbox next to the message so we can decide on an option (laid out on the bottom of the terminal window) to act on all selected messages... That'd improve the email system 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000 times! FFS!

Brammers
03-08-06, 11:04
I was looking the other day to why I had this defined in the Rares DB code.

define('FLTNONE',0);
define('FLTREADONLY',1);
define('FLTEDIT',2);
define('FLTNEOTRADER',3); // This line!

Now I remember! ;) As I said a while back when you first floated the idea, I said brilliant idea!

Spermy
03-08-06, 12:19
What I was thinking was:

Place NPC in apt.

Give items to NPC and set price for each one.

Items then appear as with any trader. Advertise the apt with a pw and check back once in a while to collect cash (or have the sales money appear instantly on your char).

You could maybe have an option to add some desription to their box title or maybe a few lines that gets used in a script.

Server resets, world resets, and of course arsehole players killing the NPC could have a wierd effect on the NPC, especially if it uses an inventory dialogue, imagine it dropping all you gear on death! Obviously easily fixable, butthe other two issues remain.

FN, a great idea, but it only works when you can rely on people. And people are lazy, fickle asses :P If someone advertised, and later sold ingame, how many times out of ten would they have the good manners to go and remove thier ad.

That and the amount of fake ads you would get, without a way to verify account info and contents, you wouldn't be able to verify that people were making genuine sales. t'd simply be too hard to moderate. Excellent idea however if player accounts could be tied.

Bishop Yutani
03-08-06, 14:19
do it, FN. There's only one way to find out if it'll work. Slap something up there and see if people use it.

My guess is they will. If someone makes an effort to list it and someone else makes an effort to buy it, it seems logical that they'll both make the effort to meet up and finish the deal.

Spermy
03-08-06, 14:25
do it, FN. There's only one way to find out if it'll work. Slap something up there and see if people use it.

My guess is they will. If someone makes an effort to list it and someone else makes an effort to buy it, it seems logical that they'll both make the effort to meet up and finish the deal.

On the other hand, Not everyone around is mature enough to behave themselves. If people fuck things up ingame for shits and giggles, and people fuck about on the forums, whats to stop them from fucking about with this?

I'd definitely appoint a moderator if it did go through, easy database rules such as any unsold item after 3 days is "pruned" would probably help too I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea, but it has the potential to become very messy.

SizZLeR
03-08-06, 14:48
arsehole players killing the NPC could have a wierd effect on the NPC, especially if it uses an inventory dialogue, imagine it dropping all you gear on death!

I agree on everything u posted in this thread so far, except from the above, cause that one is indeed very fixable as u could for startes, only plave them special NPCs in safezones where players may not draw weapons. :D

Even if u could kill the playershop NPC, would it be worth losing SL for? ofcourse it would if they dropped the stuff they have in stock :lol: but ofcourse they shdnt drop when they die, just like the NPCs we already have. ;)

For the rest besides this, i couldnt agree more with you, going thfru with this idea may just mess things up even more than they already are, simply because there'll always be someone who turns good things into bad things if they can, and for starters as u mention, there'll prolly be ppl who make bogus ads and so forth. :(

Really too bad as the idea isnt bad at all, and just like street traffic, if everyone always followed the rules, it would be to everyones advantage. :)

unreal
03-08-06, 14:58
Apart from the problems already mentioned (like being able to find a time for both people to meet up), another large problem is that people probably won't be bothered to remove items they aren't selling anymore, or to update the amounts of items they've got in stock. This means people will be running around trying to buy items off people that they aren't actually selling. You could simply remove items after n days (of inactivity) to try and clear up the mess, but I'm sure that would annoy people quite a bit.

One thing you could do though is filter the results depending on how long it's been since the person selling the item has logged in, last updated/inserted the count (if there is one, but there should be) for those items, etc. That way you'll be shown the fresh results compared to results that might not be up to date. This means it would be more geared towards people who are actively trading items on their respective servers.

Good idea though. But like any other similair service, people will add data and forget about it, which for something like this, it will be quite disrupting and time wasting for people trying to buy things.

Edit after reading I think it was Dribbles post: "Outzone Mall" would be sexy. :p

RogerRamjet
03-08-06, 15:04
Great idea.

IceStorm
03-08-06, 19:40
While the idea is ideal for someone who plays regularly, it's not so good for those of us who play for a month or so, then stop, then come back a month or two later.

I'd much rather have an in-game playershop system where an NPC can sell for me until it runs out of my items.

I understand the draw for the regular playerbase, but the casual gamer gets left out in the cold. It's better than nothing, but it still doesn't mean we should forgive KK for yanking player shops.

Spermy
03-08-06, 19:54
While the idea is ideal for someone who plays regularly, it's not so good for those of us who play for a month or so, then stop, then come back a month or two later.

I'd much rather have an in-game playershop system where an NPC can sell for me until it runs out of my items.

I understand the draw for the regular playerbase, but the casual gamer gets left out in the cold. It's better than nothing, but it still doesn't mean we should forgive KK for yanking player shops.

I don't think it's a yank. I think it's an inability to implement. Which I will NOT explain for the millionth time, as due to my own stupidity have lost the text file I post it from.

>_>

IceStorm
03-08-06, 19:57
It was promised, then pulled from the promised list. It was yanked. I really don't care if they're incapable of implementing it in-game, there have to be other ways to deal with the issue. Even an out-of-game, but KK-run web-based trading interface would work for me, one which pulls in in-game inventory of one's NPC.

Fact is, KK promised it, then pulled it from the promised list. They pulled most things from that list, not just player-run shops, so it's not like this is the only thing they've reneged on.

Neally
03-08-06, 20:00
Great idea, but generally when people wants to trade they do it directly in-game, and the "on-line NPC" should be used for items sold/bought.

I'm not playing Neocron at the moment (but I may come back ^_^) and i think it is ReaKKtor's work, even if everyone here appreciate your help & efforts in making the game and the community better.

Again, the idea is great, but it might not work.

Talking about this, i don't think it would be "VERY HARD" to do a system to check alts of other people, i think they are meant to be known by everyone and may "boost" the system you are trying to set up.

SizZLeR
04-08-06, 08:37
Personally i dont see the problem in makin an ingame NPC that can hold player items that r for sale.

I mean its like they only have to add a few attribs to the items table in the database or add another table to hold the new attribs and then connect the tables.

Then when a player put an item up for sale, the boolean attrib which holds the info that this item is for sale will be set to "true", added will be things like trading price, the weps conditions and so on...

When a runner rightclick that NPC ingame the system simply selects those posts in the item database where the "for sale" attrib is set to true.

Thats the basic system imo, later they might add filtering and stuff like that, but for a start it would be nice to have just a list and the oppertunity to buy the goods right away.

Just like last night i was (again) looking for someone who'd get me a PE PA4 armor, its like ive been asking in trade for the last 4 days when ive been online, but no one even replied!

Then last night i was asking Q in hlp regarding som WoC stuff and then came across the issue that ive been lookin for that armor for days, after 5-10 mins og chit chattin and whining about how hard it is to come by, someone finally came to my rescue. :angel:

Maybe its because there arent that many players in NC, and maybe there aint that many BD runners, and maybe theres a zillion other reasons, the bottom line is, an FSM item shdnt be that hard to come by imo.

That for starters would've been solved if there had been this rather simple trading system in game. :)

Brammers
04-08-06, 12:10
Apart from the problems already mentioned (like being able to find a time for both people to meet up), another large problem is that people probably won't be bothered to remove items they aren't selling anymore, or to update the amounts of items they've got in stock. This means people will be running around trying to buy items off people that they aren't actually selling. You could simply remove items after n days (of inactivity) to try and clear up the mess, but I'm sure that would annoy people quite a bit.

One thing you could do though is filter the results depending on how long it's been since the person selling the item has logged in, last updated/inserted the count (if there is one, but there should be) for those items, etc. That way you'll be shown the fresh results compared to results that might not be up to date. This means it would be more geared towards people who are actively trading items on their respective servers.

I don't think the problem of people meeting up will be a major issue, as long as there is the means to allow players to contact them in some way.

I'll give a few ideas from the THN Rares DB (http://rares.techhaven.org/), which FN is free to borrow and use. ;)

The first, is like what you sugguested Unreal. The Rares DB tracks when people update their lists, so it becomes quite easy to spot the inactive traders (http://rares.techhaven.org/blue-pages.php?&server=1&days=0).

Each rares list has a area to put your contact information (http://rares.techhaven.org/listings/phoenix/terra), so you know who to find in game. Most of the time that's how I get contacted out of the blue, when someone says "Hey you got that Oblit part I need, I will give you 250k for it!"

Also, there is the Private Message button, where a PM can be sent via the THN forums. The downside there is the person sending the message may need to register to send a PM, or the Trader may had turned PM email notification off.

Tratos
04-08-06, 12:43
Also, there is the Private Message button, where a PM can be sent via the THN forums. The downside there is the person sending the message may need to register to send a PM, or the Trader may had turned PM email notification off.
Well this could be solved if a PM system was built into the marketplace and you had to register to look at peoples stuffs.

Torg
05-08-06, 10:37
keep trading ingame
and
no player shops
why?
i played eve online for six months or like and i learned that a market system in fact reduces RP to next to zero. so i oppose a trading website (FN, you had far better ideas in the past) and ingame player shops alike. what you want is a working ingame forum for advertising your goods and services. my question to the elder gods of neocron (a.k.a. "developers"): could you please rework the darned ingame forum system and make it txt compatible, so i can copypaste to it? ingame advertising would greatly benefit from that, while ingame trading still would require meeting of chars.

yes?

aKe`cj
05-08-06, 12:44
so i can copypaste to it?

That was done quite a while ago ... you can c/p text to ingame forums, email, chat etc... this alone does not help to cure the forum system. It's a great feature ...pardon... it would be a great feature, if it wasnt for the damn thing being bugged beyond comprehension.

- Threads disappear
- Threads are not being displayed in the correct order (newest thread ends up on the last page at times)
- The Threaddisplay itself has iPod shuffle ambitions, just with posts instead of music
- Fatals when using the Forum or StockX for half a minute are almost guaranteed (on my sys ...I rarely _ever_ fatal)

...unless these issues are being sorted, the forums will not receive much attention I'm afraid .. could've been a great feature - acctually something that was regarded as a unique neocron treat in many beta-reviews.

SizZLeR
05-08-06, 12:56
That was done quite a while ago ... you can c/p text to ingame forums, email, chat etc... this alone does not help to cure the forum system. It's a great feature ...pardon... it would be a great feature, if it wasnt for the damn thing being bugged beyond comprehension.

- Threads disappear
- Threads are not being displayed in the correct order (newest thread ends up on the last page at times)
- The Threaddisplay itself has iPod shuffle ambitions, just with posts instead of music
- Fatals when using the Forum or StockX for half a minute are almost guaranteed (on my sys ...I rarely _ever_ fatal)

...unless these issues are being sorted, the forums will not receive much attention I'm afraid .. could've been a great feature - acctually something that was regarded as a unique neocron treat in many beta-reviews.

:lol: yeah if they would just rework the forum ingame and frankly how tough can it be to do?

Ofcourse there're all the more important stuff as balancing, major-bug fixing and so on, but i mean really, a well trained programmer can code a complete forum within 3 days.

This game is written in C right? well if so they can get a Java programmer to write a new forum for it, the world is kinda flooded with java programmers and how many active accts does NC2 hold atm, 1000? if it does then charge each acct an $1 next time and spend them 1000 grand on havin someone from the outside program a new forum for game. :D

Im in for paying an xtra buck for each of my 2 accts, hell ill even pay $2 xtra per acct once just to see the freakin ingame forum reworked and being useable in the future!

Maybe we shd organize a collection where everyone of us pay $2 and then send the whole thing to KK with a note attached that we wanna see the ingame forum reworked! :lol:

Not only will such a thing make all of us happier, but new players might start to appear so there'll be an avg of say, 200 players online instead of 100 which is way too little imo.

Bugfixing and balancing is important, but dragging more players into the game is imo more important, cause in the end the more players, the greater funding, more funds mean they can hire more staff, more staff means faster development and thatll result in a better NC2 in shorter time. :D

Heavyporker
05-08-06, 20:28
The more I think about it... the more I am set on seeing player shop NPCs fuck off, even with a small playerbase.

Anyways, this external player-shop website would be so very nice, if it had a clean look and was searchable (like, if someone wanted to see whatever Cursed Souls or Recordable Discs were on offer, they could just enter a keyword), that alone would make all the work worthwhile. I mean, geez, KK can't even do that for its ingame forums, from what I can see. So agonizing to go through these trading forums.

Anyone remember when someone did a mod for Neocron to let us browse the web ingame?!

THAT is what we need. Period.

Tratos
05-08-06, 21:16
The more I think about it... the more I am set on seeing player shop NPCs fuck off, even with a small playerbase.

Anyways, this external player-shop website would be so very nice, if it had a clean look and was searchable (like, if someone wanted to see whatever Cursed Souls or Recordable Discs were on offer, they could just enter a keyword), that alone would make all the work worthwhile. I mean, geez, KK can't even do that for its ingame forums, from what I can see. So agonizing to go through these trading forums.

Anyone remember when someone did a mod for Neocron to let us browse the web ingame?!

THAT is what we need. Period.
Was part of nl pro wasnt it :/

If KK could crack a simple ingame browser it would be schweet to have a lite version of the forums for ingame, just a really plain skin done in the style of the game....ig.neocron.com anyone :p, having ingame resources would be really good to see as the VOTR and Neocronicle would be incorporated very easilly if they too had a lite version which wasn't image heavy for the ingame browser.

EVE has one and it's great, would tie Neocron and it's online resources including fan made ones like the THN's Rare DB, nc.syn and the potential marketplace. I'm sure if the ingame browser was around people wouldnt mind having an ingame viewable version of their online resources.

SizZLeR
05-08-06, 22:47
But still, the point in havin playershop NPCs is, that they are connected directly with the item database, meaning no bogus posts, no ads for something that was sold yesterday and finally, u dont need to wait days or even forever for the player to come online to make the trade.

Also its soooo inefficient to duplicate data and store it in different locations, all items are already stored in the NC database, and all player items is stored in that database too, so dublicating those data into some other database is simply a complete waste of time imo. :(

To me its essential for ingame trading that:

1. I can easily find what im lookin for.
2. I can readout all specs of the item.
3. That I can get the item right away when i need it.

Therefore to me the only way is a system that is linked directly to the game database... ;)

Heavyporker
06-08-06, 00:24
Well, let's look at this: If item tracking worked, player shops probably would be an absolute snap to do, technically, wouldn't it?

I think that's why player shops fell through: item tracking wouldn't work (or was it that it did work, but the overhead was too much for the servers to reasonably handle?).

SizZLeR
06-08-06, 09:17
Well, let's look at this: If item tracking worked, player shops probably would be an absolute snap to do, technically, wouldn't it?
Just what i was thinking too.
However i dont think the serverload would be that huge, only thing thatll put a load on the server is when u make a search and as they go very fast i dont think it would be a problem. :)

eprodigy
06-08-06, 18:59
what about a software instead of web solution.. runs in the system tray, allows you to see whats for sale, which people selling are online and buy it. alerts the buyer then or whenever both people are on. or something.

the point is, I like the idea but it could be a pain to have to do it all from the browser and then figure out when each others online. it will fill up with things that have been sold, are being sold by people who quit/never login, times never match and impossible to meet up. if it's done perfectly it could work for a few people but I dont think it can catch on as it wont be easy enough. most items I can just spam trade for a bit to sell. if it's a major trade (multiple MC5s, woc disks or something) mabye this might be nice to find someone willing to spend what you want and aren't on when you are, but for normal use I just think it won't take off... JM2C

TheHeretic
28-08-06, 21:07
Whats so wrong with people just trading?? like the way it is?? If anything i think KK should make an area in neocron for traders to go, maybe have it as a stop on the subway? or make some of the taxis take you there since they seen to just go up and down anyway, have a set of rooms, just like the shops in NC at the moment, but allow people to purchase a room, for a small fee, and then they could type in a name for the store that would be displayed on like a billbooard out front?

Maybe you buy the store for 1 day, for like a few thousand K and then you can do all your trading from there? maybe have a menu on the citycom just listing whose shops are open for business at the moment and then they can DM the owner and find out whats on offer? And if they go offline just let it say, "Store closed" on the citycom, you could even have it so that when you were looking for stores on the terminal, like if you click on one of the titles you could read a player written description of whats on offer???

Give the owner a free teleport to their store from any genrep so that they dont need to man the shop all day, It would be awesome and it would totally mean that trading would be easy, and more like real life style, i dunno maybe traders union would get a cut from the sales in return for the owner gettin a free genrep?? I posted a similar idea in the Auction House thread but it was mostly unnoticed :P anyway, im losing track of what im sayin, basically Neocron Mall, i doubt it will ever happen but it would be amazing.... ^_^ peace, lemme know what yaz all think. ^_^

SizZLeR
29-08-06, 00:21
There already is a trading place in NC, its called Tech Heaven, some time back i read it was meant to be the place where traders would gather around.

If u have it so ppl can purchase a store for a day inside the city or whatever and it comes with free gr facility to that store, well id say some ppl might just buy one or two in order to do some cheap travelling between places if they for some reason need to do that.

Also what would make ppl go there when a customer is waiting? i mean atm hardly nobody wanna leave their precious mission or stop cavehunting in order to go sell a wep for a lousy 20-30k, not even when u wanna buy a wep that costs 1+ mill!!

Then u r suggesting that ppl shd write a msg for the shop that will appear on the citycom, well unless u own just a few weps, its gonna be a helluva job writing the list, next u will have to update the list somehow, and if u dont have a lot of stuff to sell, say u have like 5 items, well the list work is pretty easy to do, but then u dont wanna rent a shop for maybe 50k in order to try and sell 5 weps at 10-20k each.

So what might happen is that only runners with expensive stuff will be trading thru the rentable stores and all of this puts us right where we are atm, with a trading system where u have to write everything about what u r trading, and when something is sold, well u cant erase that item from the list and last but not least, no one cares to put anything up for sale unless its 100k worth in trading value.

Lets u have an item for that sells for 50k, ok so u try selling it at trade chn, then u put it up for sale in the trading forum, by now u have spent so much time on typing that u could have earned the 50k by killing mobs, so why would u waste your time advertising the item for sale???

Id still say, lets go for the integrated solution, its the only solution that'll ever hold up as its effiecient, runners doesnt waste a lot of time typing in an ad and so on for each item, it also makes the possibility to implement an auction feature. ;)

LiL T
29-08-06, 22:25
Whats so wrong with people just trading?? like the way it is?? If anything i think KK should make an area in neocron for traders to go, maybe have it as a stop on the subway? or make some of the taxis take you there since they seen to just go up and down anyway, have a set of rooms, just like the shops in NC at the moment, but allow people to purchase a room, for a small fee, and then they could type in a name for the store that would be displayed on like a billbooard out front?

Maybe you buy the store for 1 day, for like a few thousand K and then you can do all your trading from there? maybe have a menu on the citycom just listing whose shops are open for business at the moment and then they can DM the owner and find out whats on offer? And if they go offline just let it say, "Store closed" on the citycom, you could even have it so that when you were looking for stores on the terminal, like if you click on one of the titles you could read a player written description of whats on offer???

Give the owner a free teleport to their store from any genrep so that they dont need to man the shop all day, It would be awesome and it would totally mean that trading would be easy, and more like real life style, i dunno maybe traders union would get a cut from the sales in return for the owner gettin a free genrep?? I posted a similar idea in the Auction House thread but it was mostly unnoticed :P anyway, im losing track of what im sayin, basically Neocron Mall, i doubt it will ever happen but it would be amazing.... ^_^ peace, lemme know what yaz all think. ^_^

Lets face it the support for tradeskillers is crap and needs to be looked at.

SizZLeR
30-08-06, 18:56
Heretic:

Just wanna add that i dont dislike your idea, i think its a nice angle to view it from, and i think the idea might be usefull if NC was well populated (at least 400-500 online) because it would pay off to open a physical store in the city as there would be enough customers to keep u busy. :)

TheHeretic
31-08-06, 13:45
I know what ya mean Sizzler, it would be a bit of a pain in the arse to have to keep comin back, if the place was busy enough it might be worthwhile yeah, still, i just think that removing the human element from trading e.g NPC's to sell your stuff, would be kinda guff, people would just spend all day tryin to find the best priced NPC,and the prices you sold for would have to keep dropping to undercut the competition.... at least if people were there, proper haggling/bartering could go on.

So here it comes (drumroll) Version 2 of my ingenious plan....i think it might jus be crazy enough to work hahaha........

Maybe the community should just try to arrange some kind of market, like using the OZ Mall area, maybe one day a week where everybody was aware that there was going to be a large amount of traders there, run it for a couple of hours on a saturday and see how well it goes.... i dunno, just a thought, would probably be best to try it out on a day where the population was quite high, at a peak time kinda. Maybe someone could make a wee advert for that space in the Neocronicle, raise awareness a little more??

Anyway, lemme know what ya think ^_^ peace!!!

(Prepares to get shot down) :P jk

SizZLeR
31-08-06, 16:10
Maybe the community should just try to arrange some kind of market, like using the OZ Mall area, maybe one day a week where everybody was aware that there was going to be a large amount of traders there, run it for a couple of hours on a saturday and see how well it goes.... i dunno, just a thought, would probably be best to try it out on a day where the population was quite high, at a peak time kinda. Maybe someone could make a wee advert for that space in the Neocronicle, raise awareness a little more??
(Prepares to get shot down) :P jk
They did that a couple of times, like they announced an auction at TH and im sure theyre pretty good, however i never attended one myself.

First issue is what time of "day" they would conduct it, cause in my case a lot of stuff happens at nighttime as i live in Denmark and i dont sit around my computer at 4am to attend a market or auction :lol:

But the idea is ok imo, but other issues comes to my mind besides the time-one, cause u would still have to ask around in chat for whatever u r lookin for and especially ppl who doesnt have the complete itemlist stored in their head (just like myself) many times dunno what they're lookin for before they see it.

What i miss the most is a browser where i can buy the item i want to, a browser that shows the items like when i go to an npc.

I follow up 100% on your opinion about removing the player interaction if the trading is done thru npc's but still to me it seems better than having almost no trading at all.

Also to me its always like this, when i need an item i need it now and not in a week, a day or even an hour, ofcourse rare items is something that one can wait for, but normal stuff like csted lvling weps, armor etc, its so annoying to not be able to get it when u need it. ;)

The competition about undercutting other players is already there, and i have tried being stood up a couple of times, one time a guy needed a tank PA1, so i logged my smuggler, went to MB and when i came there, the guy who asked for it was just standing around, then some other dude shows up and as ive been waiting for about 7 minutes i ask the guy whats holding him up and after a min or two he replies that the other guy made him a better offer..

So he didnt even bother to tell me what the other guys offer was, he could have done that and then id might have undercut him..

So the problem i see is there regardless of what type of trading we have, cause when ppl need a cster, trader or whatever they wont settle for anything less than über skill, in other words, only high lvl players gets the deal. :(

The trading system where npcs takes care of the deal, is to me what could make it possible for ppl to get their old low lvl items sold and for noobs to get hold of better weps etc. at reasonable prices. :)