PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, what's new with Neocron?

Exioce
02-08-06, 19:57
I've been away from the game for a while, since well before the Phoenix CPU thingy was released, whoring it up in EVE Online. My EVE accounts are expiring soon, and I have been playing much recently, so I'm considering reactivating my account here to see how Neocron is doing. A few questions -

1. Was anything done to balance PPU's?

2. Is the game more stable now?

3. What are the populations like?

4. Overall, is gameplay better, the same, or worse?

5. Has pro-ciy had a boost vis-a-vis anti-city?

Cheers.

Dribble Joy
02-08-06, 20:22
1. Was anything done to balance PPU's?
Balancing project going on atm. If your accounts are linked to your forum onethen you should see it on the front forum page.

2. Is the game more stable now?
Personally, I've never had stability problems. There have been a few fixes in the recent patches, check the notes.

3. What are the populations like?
Quite servicable. enough people for OP fights and tradeskillers.

4. Overall, is gameplay better, the same, or worse?
Same really.

5. Has pro-ciy had a boost vis-a-vis anti-city?
No idea. Pro seem to be doing OK on the OP side of things afaik.

Bredahl
02-08-06, 20:33
1: as DJ said, but holy heal has been nerfed a little iirc

2: cant talk for other ppl here, but its pretty stable for me

3: well the pop arent too high (15-20% at peak hours), its enough to find someone to pvp or a op-fight

4: again cant talk for anyone else, but i have as much fun as when i started ;)

5: procity has some pretty big clans and are doing pretty well on the op-scene, but anti still have the sexiest clans :D

now.. reactivate!! :lol:

StevenJ
02-08-06, 23:21
I've been away from the game for a while, since well before the Phoenix CPU thingy was released, whoring it up in EVE Online. My EVE accounts are expiring soon, and I have been playing much recently, so I'm considering reactivating my account here to see how Neocron is doing.

Aww, bad timing, just as Barzin and myself take an extended break :(

If you do go back, pop on vent to catch up with the guys :D Let me know too, I'll log in for for a quick NF session or two - they've been good lately, lots of people.

I think I told you they implemented your idea of "You were killed by..." a while ago. You've got to return, if not just to see that!

Dribble Joy
02-08-06, 23:25
You were killed by GRIM CHASER.

Though...

You were killed by SMALL SPIDER is more embarassing.

StevenJ
02-08-06, 23:27
You were killed by GRIM CHASER.

Though...

I find "You were killed by ASEREN" the worst, probably... :angel:

Bishop Yutani
02-08-06, 23:34
hilarious. there's almost one of these posts every single day.

There should be a sticky :lol:

Pantho
02-08-06, 23:56

Had that on a pure apu... no por resist.. and there was 50+ spiders tbh

CMaster
02-08-06, 23:58
City balance is reasonable these days. There probably is still a slight lean one way or the other, but its not so you'd really notice.

I'm pretty much absent, for the first time in forever - maybe that fact will bring some people back.

There may be some new content since last time you were around - check the patchnotes on THN or nc.syn (seeing as KK don't archive them for us any more) to see what may have been added.

Roc-a-fella
03-08-06, 00:28
Omg Dj You Are My Hero Sign My Chest

Speedball
03-08-06, 13:30
Personally, I've never had stability problems.

if you don't see people going through walls, disappear after 5 sec standing in front of you without moving, you'r lucky ^^

silent000
03-08-06, 13:37
if you don't see people going through walls, disappear after 5 sec standing in front of you without moving, you'r lucky ^^

That rele only happens to me in NF or ppl going thru walls at MB, so if u avoid all them places or can put up with it then fair enuf. And those damn spiders keep killing aseren :( hes just a poor bullyd tank, have simpathy for the poor fukr

Speedball
03-08-06, 13:47
That rele only happens to me in NF or ppl going thru walls at MB, so if u avoid all them places or can put up with it then fair enuf. And those damn spiders keep killing aseren :( hes just a poor bullyd tank, have simpathy for the poor fukr

yeah that happen MOSTLY there. But why ? Because there are a lot of walls. Go fight at pp3, when people hide in the shops. It's the same problem. Okay, you can fight in the wasteland, but when you are on the top of a hill, it's the same problem. The guy disappear IN the hill. Okay you can fight on a PLANE area without walls. but the problems stays : You don't see you'r ennemy where he should be. Maybe you don't see that because there are no walls, but this problem is permanent. That's sad :(

Neally
03-08-06, 20:36
yeah that happen MOSTLY there. But why ? Because there are a lot of walls. Go fight at pp3, when people hide in the shops. It's the same problem. Okay, you can fight in the wasteland, but when you are on the top of a hill, it's the same problem. The guy disappear IN the hill. Okay you can fight on a PLANE area without walls. but the problems stays : You don't see you'r ennemy where he should be. Maybe you don't see that because there are no walls, but this problem is permanent. That's sad :(

DO RP and stop complain, k? thx :p (but yeah, it's sad people go in walls or whatever, the more patched has been Neocron, the more laggy has been the servers)

Speedball
03-08-06, 21:07
DO RP and stop complain, k? thx :p (but yeah, it's sad people go in walls or whatever, the more patched has been Neocron, the more laggy has been the servers)

go back to patch 100 tbh. (yeah and to nc1)

Superbron
03-08-06, 21:09

Had that on a pure apu... no por resist.. and there was 50+ spiders tbh
:lol:

Spermy
03-08-06, 22:35
:lol:

The bron has returned.

*falls prostrate*

*PROSTRATE you filth hounds*

giga191
04-08-06, 09:19
The bron has returned.
super heros can't spend all day browsing forums!

Superbron
04-08-06, 09:52
The bron has returned.

*falls prostrate*

*PROSTRATE you filth hounds*
:) thank you, thank you.

Never really been away though. Still checking the forums, but logging in not so frequently lately...

*hopes the rotation of the Earth will decrease, so there would be more hours in a day*

Speedball
04-08-06, 11:59
*hopes the rotation of the Earth will decrease, so there would be more hours in a day*

OLOL.

Dribble Joy
04-08-06, 16:52
<insert generic spam message>