PDA

View Full Version : Living room temperature

SizZLeR
02-08-06, 08:49
What temp u have in your livin room?

I tend to keep it between 68-70F but my GF starts to feel cold when it goes below 74F and now we have summertime here in Denmark, she will be wearing a cotton sweater when the temp in the evening drops to 75F!! o_O

I think she's fucked up temp-wise, she's comfortable when the livinroom temp is 75-78F i cant stand that kinda heat, it causes me to get dizzy, tired/sleepy and über lazy...

Jodo
02-08-06, 08:59
Chicks are always weird with room temp. Check the vents in the car, the side your gf sits is always furnace level or above, they have no idea. O_o

Apocalypsox
02-08-06, 08:59
52F is perfectly good for me... i think if i keep my rooms any colder ill throw myself into cryostasis :lol:

eLcHi
02-08-06, 10:19
After we got back from the FF Clanmeeting in Amsterdam the temp in our living room was nice and comfy 39° Celsius .... ok, thats to be expected after a week with closed windows ;)

Usually our livingroom has a temp of about 31° Celsius during the evening hours in the summer. Thats what you get for living directly below the roof :(

But thats only summer ... *sigh*

Richard Slade
02-08-06, 13:07
Who the hell counts in F?
Oh, right, THOSE guys..

Got a steady 28C here at all times, dunno why, but it never changes

rob444
02-08-06, 13:24
Yesterday I would estimate around 30-35c in our livingroom, was hot as hell.

mdares
02-08-06, 13:33
Usually our livingroom has a temp of about 31° Celsius during the evening hours in the summer. Thats what you get for living directly below the roof :(

But thats only summer ... *sigh*

yar i have teh same in my bedroom... thats wut i get for having the highest room in teh house... so fucking hot...

SizZLeR
02-08-06, 13:37
Who the hell counts in F?
Oh, right, THOSE guys..

Got a steady 28C here at all times, dunno why, but it never changes

LOL yeah i figured F would be the most commonly used in here, so i went google to find a converter as we measure temps in C here in DK :)

rob444
02-08-06, 13:41
I'm getting worried of the moist :/. Because I remember what it looked like once when we hired a house for a LAN party once. The floor was all wet of moist and the floorpanels had bent themselves (wavy looking) because of it. It was really really really bad :/. (it was like that when we came there ^^).

RogerRamjet
02-08-06, 14:18
Girls are always cold. Always.

unreal
02-08-06, 14:20
The girl I was with a couple of days ago felt pretty hot to me. ;)

Richard Slade
02-08-06, 14:20
Girls are always cold. Always.
We frown on necrophilia, m'kay? :wtf:

.hack//sign
02-08-06, 14:21
well,when I can get my parents to let me turn it on, its kept at 73

RogerRamjet
02-08-06, 14:29
Hey, don't worry, i haven't yet had to delve into the realm of Necrophilia to get my kicks, but girls being cold is one of the facts of life.

Aswell as that they always wear uncomfortable shoes on a night out.

Richard Slade
02-08-06, 15:00
Hey, don't worry, i haven't yet had to delve into the realm of Necrophilia to get my kicks, but girls being cold is one of the facts of life.

Aswell as that they always wear uncomfortable shoes on a night out.
I think it's only a fact in Your life to be perfectly honest...

giga191
02-08-06, 15:17
racist

Zefrian
02-08-06, 15:27
i think, 23°C is the perfect temperature for nearly all kind of rooms.

I personally got a uneasy sleep, if the temperature of the sleeping room goes above 25°C. If the temperature of the living room / office goes below 21°C i got cold fingers (it's not nice to use a keyboard with cold fingers) - and below 18°C it's very uncomfortable.

Luckily it's air-conditioned here and therefore round about 23°C. :)

RogerRamjet
02-08-06, 15:29
I think it's only a fact in Your life to be perfectly honest...

http://www.reachbeyond.co.uk/medialibrary/gp-calm-down.gif

giga191
02-08-06, 15:37
lol @ roger and his pics

who was it that was complaining about you posting too many pics a few months ago?

RogerRamjet
02-08-06, 15:44
lol @ roger and his pics

who was it that was complaining about you posting too many pics a few months ago?

I think it was unreal.

I cant find the spam picture anymore though :(

Richard Slade
02-08-06, 16:31
How could I ever leave you guys....

<3

Tratos
02-08-06, 16:52
I've no idea what it is in my bedroom but during the summer it gets far too toasty with two pcs running most of the time even with the window as wide open as possible, in the winter its still 'too hot' in my room to me alot of the time as i sleep with the window open pretty much year round (even though it gets into the minus numbers alot here in england :p).

The situation was worse before i got the TFTs are the CRT monitors i had cranked out a lot of heat aswell, im thinking of getting air con as the computers hate the heat and my drives get insanly got due to a shamefull lack* in cooling especially for the summer temps we've had this year.

*as in not enough, i do have some, lol

Around 20C is a nice temperature, just that bit lower than 'standard room temperature'

jini
02-08-06, 17:58
Yea Roger is amazingly colourful when it comes to pictures, even though I have already told him this.

On the temperature subject: you can't just go and make your room temperature a constant one for the whole year.
We generally "feel" temperature differently throughout the year. For instance in the cold winter our body "adjusts" and we can live in temperatures inside room like 20-21 degrees, but in a hot summer day you can easily accept 27-28 degrees. One of my personal rules is: avoid AC as much as I can, if not, set the temperature 3-4 degrees lower than outside, but never higher than 28-30 (for inside I mean). This way you can avoid temperature shocks. having 35deg inside temperature is very high.

Tratos
02-08-06, 18:01
Yea Roger is amazingly colourful when it comes to pictures, even though I have already told him this.

On the temperature subject: you can't just go and make your room temperature a constant one for the whole year.
We generally "feel" temperature differently throughout the year. For instance in the cold winter our body "adjusts" and we can live in temperatures inside room like 20-21 degrees, but in a hot summer day you can easily accept 27-28 degrees. One of my personal rules is: avoid AC as much as I can, if not, set the temperature 3-4 degrees lower than outside, but never higher than 28-30 (for inside I mean). This way you can avoid temperature shocks. having 35deg inside temperature is very high.
Never really thought about the adjustment thing, i guess if you had your room at winter temps during the summer when that became 'hot' for inside come winter time you'd be pretty fecked :/

jini
02-08-06, 18:06
yea. make a test now that you get extremely high temperatures in UK. go inside an IT room @ 20 deg. you will feel he discomfort. On the other hand, having 20 in winter is quite pleasurable. Metabolism is the reason I guess...

edit: Another VERY important aspect ( i think its what counts more) is he humidity levels. this is what makes heat worst than it is. I ve got no problem having 35 C @ 40% RH, or 38C @30%RH but I'm feeling awful @ 30C and 80%RH. Accuweather calls this realfeel, and it can rise temperature as much as +5C. This is also the reason why, I can accept temperatures of 29C AC. Any AC what it mainly does is maintain humidity @40%

Dribble Joy
02-08-06, 18:11
Nice and cool in Londunium, around 20 degrees.

nellus
02-08-06, 18:24
HeHe where i used to work in a summer was always around 40-45c and @ 85-95%humidity.

Was a hell hole.

So anything less than 40 is nice :)

Apocalypsox
02-08-06, 18:33
We frown on necrophilia, m'kay? :wtf:
who teh fuck told j00 that? :D