PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?

nobby
31-07-06, 02:33
I'm getting bored of games....

Games seem to be repetetive and boring.
Neocron is boring to me, every MMO I have played, makes me leave due to boredom.

I can't find a single "fun" game that I can't put down anymore.

Does anyone else feel this ?

Pantho
31-07-06, 02:33
Id give a good answer... but i really have insulted you enough

nobby
31-07-06, 02:36
if you say so... :(

unreal
31-07-06, 02:59
Neocron is boring to me, every MMO I have played, makes me leave due to boredom.Maybe because you're only doing the boring things in those games, like, errr, levelling? In Neocron I've only seen you PvP once and that's when I killed you at Jeriko, and that was a few months ago now. Apart from that you've nearly always been trying to level your own character or your friends character somewhere. AKA, the extremely boring stuff, which is why it doesn't take you long to get bored and log off.

You should focus on one game at once if they're the sort that require levelling. Level at least one character completely and set it up for fighting people. In Neocron you should make a Spy or PE, it takes no time at all to cap, and they're good solo characters, since you have Stealth.

Speaking of MMO's, I'm gonna play PlanetSide for a few now the Werner hampster is up and running again, gonna try and beat my Reaver record of 86/6. lol

Roc-a-fella
31-07-06, 04:05
Im the same way man, i fking hate leveling so much. Its sooo repetative and boring to me. Whenever i get bored i go off and play a FPS game for awhile then come back.

eprodigy
31-07-06, 06:55
you're asking for it with that thread title..

anyway same thing happens to me.. i just end up saying fuck it and going back to shit RL.. but i'd like to be into it again..

Zheo
31-07-06, 07:23
You get bored easily perhaps. So even if a game is interesting it doesn't take long for you to get bored of it. Not something we can fix

Apocalypsox
31-07-06, 07:32
tbh...i just start on another server or a new account.

Tsukasa
31-07-06, 08:00
when i get bored I just well, you know, to the GF for a while then I am happy and start playing games again ^_^

Asurmen Spec Op
31-07-06, 08:41
I get bored of games all the time. I dont bother buying single player games, they only give me fun for a few hours.(cept operation flashpoint) and theres so few MMOs that fit my fancy.

Nidhogg
31-07-06, 10:55
Why don't you try a completely different change in pace? Go play an adventure game like "The Longest Journey" or "Syberia". Then come back to Neocron, of course. :p

N

nobby
31-07-06, 11:48
Good idea !

Thank you Mr Chuck Nidhogg! :p

Tratos
31-07-06, 12:08
The only thing i really play atm is GTA San Andreas multi player as alot of Phoenix are currently off - including myself most of the time - doing mainly summer based type things.

Natural Selection may be back quite soon after MOTU ;) bigger, better and alot less fecking confusing!

calim
31-07-06, 12:18
Why don't you try a completely different change in pace? Go play an adventure game like "The Longest Journey" or "Syberia". Then come back to Neocron, of course. :p

N

Eheh that's exactly me and games that i like ;) Don't forget Fallout and Knights of the republic !

rob444
31-07-06, 12:40
"The Longest Journey"

Is it the same as Dreamfall: The Longest Journey 2? If so, ARGH!!!!! I hate that game, dont get me wrong, it's wellmade and all that. But the talk.... UGH, it drives me crazy!! "So what are you planning for next weekend?" "BLABLABLA" "BLABLABLA" "BLABLABLA". I grew tired of the game after I came to the other dimension after I got into the town.

And a reply to nobby, I know how you feel. I've never capped a neocron character because of boredom. I had over 60 installed single and multiplayer games on my systemdrive until I recently had to format it and I had completed maybe 2-3 games out of those, leaving me with around 57-58 games to complete... I got 20 games installed now and I hardly play any of them, I want something really good and amazing to play :/.

Mr Kot
31-07-06, 13:09
Maybe it's nature's way of telling you to switch off your PC and try life in the outside world. It needs no installation, hardly ever FREs and comes with a free expansion pack every day. Be careful if you decide to shoot anyone though, as these big GMs in uniform may come along and give you more than a 3 day ban ;)

unreal
31-07-06, 13:12
Just watch out for the almighty drugflash that will leave you crawling about on your knees. ;)

Kame
31-07-06, 13:28
Maybe it's nature's way of telling you to switch off your PC and try life in the outside world. It needs no installation, hardly ever FREs and comes with a free expansion pack every day. Be careful if you decide to shoot anyone though, as these big GMs in uniform may come along and give you more than a 3 day ban ;)

HAHAHAHAA v nice.

Id recommend that as well. If you had time to try out like 30 games and none of em sticks to you, maybe your doing the wrong activity dude. (and as they say being exellent at one thing is better then sucking at a lot of things ;) )
I suggest : try real life !

Things that you could do (but requires balls)

-hook up with a girl for more then 1 week.

-skateboarding

-partying

-naked skyscraper diving with no parachute

Bishop Yutani
31-07-06, 13:37
yes, you COULD try the life out "there" but its so big and scary...

Try a different genre like niddy said. Go back and play an oldie, like The Secret of Monkey Island or something.

Check out independent games too. If you can get past their usually crappy graphics, you'll find some real GAMES, not just eye-candy fests like Oblivion or FEAR.

Space Rangers 2 and Mount and Blade come to mind.

giga191
31-07-06, 13:46
get some work experience, and then regret it like i am right now, that's always fun

nobby
31-07-06, 13:53
-hook up with a girl for more then 1 week.

-skateboarding

-partying

-naked skyscraper diving with no parachute

As much as I'd like to, I live in a Hamlet with only about 12 houses, nearest town is 18 miles away, my parents won't drive me anywhere, I can't drive :p
All my mates are currently at UNI...

It gets boring looking at nothing but fields for a while, that's why I've confined myself to my bedroom to try and find a way to entertain myself.

giga191
31-07-06, 13:55
then go to uni

Spermy
31-07-06, 13:59
It gets boring looking at nothing but fields for a while, that's why I've confined myself to my bedroom to try and find a way to entertain myself.

Looks like he's missing out on the obvious then.

*waves right hand*

Kame
31-07-06, 14:03
:eek:

If id be you, id get myself a car, drive to town, and try getting a job and an apt. I dont know how old you are but all i can say is the first time i left my parents place i was 12. I just passed my driver's license last week but i had several jobs that had me driving all day .... btw i live in quebec, canada. ;)

Mr Kot
31-07-06, 14:25
Looks like he's missing out on the obvious then.

*waves right hand*
Kinda explains your name, tbh :p

/me imagines the next question from nobby: "does that come with an online manual, then?" 8|

Moving swiftly on....

Scaramanga
31-07-06, 14:32
Fallout and Knights of the republic !

Think i may have seen something about another fallout game being in the works, fallout aftermath i think.

Get too bored and have no transport then try taking up a sport that's pretty cheap and requires skill to master but doesnt need anyone else to do.
Prime example that comes to mind is skateboarding tricks. I know it sounds a bit dated, but i cant imagine a second hand board costing alot.

Failing that, you could take up origami.

RogerRamjet
31-07-06, 17:57
As much as I'd like to, I live in a Hamlet with only about 12 houses, nearest town is 18 miles away, my parents won't drive me anywhere, I can't drive :p
All my mates are currently at UNI...

Get a bike.

giga191
31-07-06, 18:37
anyone have the addy of nobby's website?

never failed to make me laugh

Transformer
01-08-06, 03:37
To the original question...yes I do. I rarely play any games now a days. I'll only log on due to boredom. I'm usually too busy going out and getting drunk. Real Life > Games....man times have surely changed.

CMaster
01-08-06, 03:45
Yeah.
If computer/video games just aren't grabbing you, time to try something else in all honesty.
That said, perhaps try some of the classics mentioned. And I'll add the live-sapping Civillization series and the almighty Deus Ex to the ones to try.
Ever tried reading fiction much? Pick up a smattering of novels from different genres. Perhaps something cyberpunky or more conventional sci-fi would do.
Ever seen somebody create something - a device, an art piece (be it paitning, video, music, litereatrue, game etc) - and wished you could do the same? Give it a shot. Find yourself a project and create something.
As Roger suggested, perhaps there is an outdoor activity you could do with all those fields. Be it Mountain Biking (dunno if you got any hills, if not maybe you could dig a dirt jump spot) walking or whatever else.

That and look at getting out of the hamlet. University isnt a bad way to do that at all.

unreal
01-08-06, 09:35
I would also suggest going back to the stone ages in regards to games. Playing classic Sega, SNES and Nintendo games is always fun. Frig, even the original Playstation games like Gran Turismo and Tekken 3 are fun. Syphon Filter was one of the best games of its genre for its time. Same for Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

Heavyporker
01-08-06, 09:46
Hey, there's something: I've heard so much about Monkey Island (and its sequels), but I can't find a cheap copy or a proper download. Practically impossible to find even a pirate copy so I can freaking taste it at least! I mean, geez Lucasarts, if your games are so damn great, how about letting us get a damn copy?! As far back as I can remember when I started looking for the Monkey Island series, even the Lucasart site has things assbackwards in regards to Monkey Island. Grrrrrrrr. Pretty much gave up months ago.

But I finally got a decent price on a copy of Grim Fandango. All right - honest truth: Whatever 3d it uses is unholy obsolete, but, damn, is it a good game! I'd recommend it.

TWOK
09-08-06, 03:18
I last played NC when the christmass freetime period terminated. Thus tried lots of X-Box Live "bland" experiences...and many RL experiences. Nothing can quite capture NC, even extreme mountain biking up and down Coed-y-Brenin "whilst heavilly stoned, woowoo"

So..er NC for the Virtual-Life Win tbh.

/re-activates account

/edit, finishing the Karrimor run after partying till 4:30 am and heading out at 7:30 am FTUW.

CMaster
09-08-06, 11:36
Karrimor run while stoned? Ok, there's something wrong with you :P.
Last time I went to Coed-y we got snoed on and froze horribly - still good fun mind. Starts to seem a touch tame in comparison to some of the 7Stanes trails mind.

OH and heavy, a bit of searching shows that while MI is bizzarely kept off abandonware sites (nevermind that you can't buy it any more) there are plenty of torrents out there you could use.

giga191
09-08-06, 17:24
The only thing i really play atm is GTA San Andreas multi player ! that sounds good, what do you do in it?

Dribble Joy
09-08-06, 17:36
Get a bike.
Village bike?

Anyway, I was going suggest Monkey Island, but someone allready has.

Bulder's Gate 2 is teh win also.

Glok
09-08-06, 17:55
Drugs.

I would say a few doubles of LSD and Super Metroid on the SNES. :angel:

TWOK
10-08-06, 01:07
Karrimor run while stoned? Ok, there's something wrong with you :P.
Last time I went to Coed-y we got snoed on and froze horribly - still good fun mind. Starts to seem a touch tame in comparison to some of the 7Stanes trails mind.

I can't even imagine that shit in snow O_o. Was completely swamped whilst we visited though, had the bruises for weeks. I'm not quite the pro, and have to admit to fearing for my life many times as my bike is cheap and from Halfords no less (it get's pretty vertical and the boulders/logs don't help) 7Stanes eh? I'll have to google that for future refference.

ZoVoS
10-08-06, 01:43
if monkey isalnd is out o copyright i can get u a copy of em all... i doubt 3 n 4 are but 1 n 2 could be... internets 489k upload n there small games so it shoudlnt be to long =]