30-07-06, 11:44
Nuclear dawn. It looks... stunning.

http://www.nuclear-dawn.net/screenshots.php

Skusty
30-07-06, 12:10
Nah. I'm more excited about portals. :lol:

Apocalypsox
30-07-06, 17:51
more excited about twilight war. HL2 powered post apoc FPS MMORPG. hurhur i got one more

gamefreak
30-07-06, 19:08
more excited about twilight war. HL2 powered post apoc FPS MMORPG. hurhur i got one more

i m more excited about huxley, a unreal 3 powered post apoc mmorpg fps
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=3614578401576029813

giga191
30-07-06, 20:12
if darkfall doesn't take a super computer to run and doesn't have too many bugs it's gonna be the shizzle

Rage
30-07-06, 20:55

Oh yea Huxley looks sexy.. wonder what kinda bugs its gone have (always be prepared)

looks like it has a small stink of Halo

eprodigy
30-07-06, 21:54
what happened to hostile planet? was going to be a hl2 mod also i think

Scanner Darkly
31-07-06, 00:28
what happened to hostile planet? was going to be a hl2 mod also i think

Their site has been offline for well over a year - looks like the project is either dead or in limbo.

And it seemed to be going so well... They even showed some movies of an early alpha.

nobby
31-07-06, 00:29

Tbh it's looking like a MMO full of NPC's...

But, xbox 360 owners and PC owners can play against each other!

I can't wait for the whining because of Controller response time compared to mouse :p

unless they allow keyboard and mouse USB for the xb360 :p

Heavyporker
31-07-06, 01:00
d...d....d..d-damn.... Nuclear Dawn looks so fucking hot... I'm actually becoming wet from the beauty of the screenshots. These environs look so sweet.

Koshinn
31-07-06, 01:19
Yeah, I'll probably be playing huxley (mmofps) and nuclear dawn (rtsfps) both... and fallout3 (single player rpg). And maybe NC2.2 if it's out by then. Maybe twilight war... but huxley looks better right now. Especially since tw was cancelled for a month or so, which isn't really a good sign.

I just hope either tw, huxley or nuclear dawn will have a 3rd person option. I like 3rd person shooter games like NC/2, max payne, star wars battlefront, etc.

Apocalypsox
31-07-06, 01:41
huxley might look better...but...*cough planetside clone cough*

Pantho
31-07-06, 02:37
im buyign HL2 just for portal :/

unreal
31-07-06, 02:42
Nothing wrong with a PlanetSide clone if it has sexy graphics. Like Skusty I can't wait till Portals comes out, gonna be fun.

Apocalypsox
31-07-06, 03:36
im buyign HL2 just for portal :/

ok. wtf is with this new portal thing. And yes, i live under a rock.

//edit heh...i see...theese newby shits...the beta version of portals is in Gmod. 4tw.

hnlecter
31-07-06, 15:24
Nuclear dawn looks like exactly like halflife 2 levels, nothing too fancy. But then again it has that RTS commander, maybe they can make it interesting like natural-selection was because the most recent RTS/FPS hybrid I tried for halflife 2, empires, was barely any fun as commander.

Brammers
31-07-06, 15:26
Wasn't Twilight War supposed to be HL2/Source powered?

giga191
31-07-06, 16:13
so am i the only one who knows what darkfall is?

Okran
31-07-06, 17:14
Nuclear dawn. It looks... stunning.

http://www.nuclear-dawn.net/screenshots.php

At last, something that is worth playing FPS shooter style. I only wonder how the aiming etc is going to work.

Apocalypsox
31-07-06, 20:53
Wasn't Twilight War supposed to be HL2/Source powered?
yes brammers- and IS source powered- not was :angel: yay for game-ressurecting-communities!

giga191
01-08-06, 17:38
Darkfall: mmorpg, the devs are huge pk fans, you can loot all the players/mobs items when you kill them, you can destroy people's houses/towns and steal their stuff, you can build fortresses for your clan, you can build ships for trading or combat, you could even be an actual PIRATE!!!11 clan and board and steal other people's ships, and a lot of other cool stuff that i can't be bothered too look up again so go on their website or something if you want to know more :p

Clobber
01-08-06, 20:50
Some links for the lazy people.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/4

Someone told me about this game a few weeks ago. Itdoes indeed look the shizzle Giga.

giga191
01-08-06, 21:18
indeed, i'll probably get in as early as possible to get a good early start

Apocalypsox
01-08-06, 21:48
personally prefer futuristic stuff over the past

giga191
01-08-06, 22:34
i really don't care about genre, here's an example of one of their Q&A

http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=499&colid=9722
Trust me, the more you read about it the more you will want to play it. I just hope with so many features, that it won't be too buggy. A lot of players from wow (mainly the pvpers) will be going there

Heavyporker
01-08-06, 23:34
No kidding. Futuro stuff is damn cool.

And besides, for the love of Crahn, hasn't medieval stuff been done to death?!

Apocalypsox
02-08-06, 00:05
A lot of players from wow (mainly the pvpers) will be going there

Good. they can keep it to be honest, im perfectly happy in my post apoc world. fucking horses. why teh hell would you wanna ride a horse...when you can have a well oiled speed machine that wont kick you in the face for something.

Although...it doesnt look that bad tbh. Ninjas are cooler than Pirates though.

Heavyporker
02-08-06, 00:35
Ninjas *equal* pirates in coolness, you know that.

giga191
02-08-06, 09:17
Good. they can keep it to be honest, im perfectly happy in my post apoc world. fucking horses. why teh hell would you wanna ride a horse...when you can have a well oiled speed machine that wont kick you in the face for something. genre is all make-up, gameplay is what matters.

Scaramanga
04-08-06, 22:53
Had a look around for FO3 stuff and it looks like it has been canned. I hope someone picks it up again.

Anyone know if it has or if the old team is working on it under a different name?

CMaster
04-08-06, 23:05
Had a look around for FO3 stuff and it looks like it has been canned. I hope someone picks it up again.

Anyone know if it has or if the old team is working on it under a different name?

Black Isle (Fallout's developers) went terminated by Interplay quite a while ago. Reportedly many former BI employees are now at Obsidian who made KOTORII and are apparently working on Neverwinter Nights 2.

The rights to produce Fallout 3 are currently owned by Bethsenda (lots of thing, but notably the Elder Scrolls eries (Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion). They paid a very large amount of money for the Fallout liscence, so it is generally assumed they are working on it, with the intent of making it a smash as big or even bigger than Oblivion.

Apparently Interplay has withheld the rights to a Fallout MMO however. Presumably the intent would be to sell this (for an even vaster amount of money) to pay off some of Interplay's creditors.

Koshinn
05-08-06, 05:23
http://www.duckandcover.cx/

The best place for Fallout stuff.

Basically, FO3 started production as Oblivion was ending production. FO3 has also made appearances in this year's and last year's E3 as a poster and that's about it.

Oblivion was and is a GREAT game. It'll probably be considered one of the best, if not the best game of '06. The group that made Oblivion is making Fallout3. It's gonna rock.

Strife
09-08-06, 00:48
Huxley looks great, but i'm pretty skeptical since it looks like a real amatuer dev team.

Did anyone have any links to it saying darkfall with allow player looting?

giga191
09-08-06, 10:30
Did anyone have any links to it saying darkfall with allow player looting? after reading all the Q&As, i've gotten the impression that devs will do whatever they can to have full-player looting ingame. It's made so that there is a timer on the corpse of dead players so that for an amount of time only the player who killed the other player can loot the corpse and after that anyone can. With mobs you can run over to an ally's kill and loot it straight away (not 100% sure but i think it's like this) but you can then kill that player without taking a sympathy hit for your faction. Another cool thing about this game is that you can choose to kill anyone at any time (although in the main cities for each race there are guards that will attack you if you are attacking another friendly player for no reason). One of those reasons being that they have attempted to pick-pocket you and you've realised and decided to attack them :lol:. However, guilds can still choose to go to war with guilds of the same race and once the war is accepted you can kill members of the other guild without consequences.

The aim of guilds can be a variety of things and they will have a lot of freedom. They can build a town near some valuable resources for money, hire some guards to defend the town and they will have to defend the town from enemy players trying to cause trouble or other guilds who are either going to attempt to capture your town or just burn it to the ground. Towns/houses have to be built on pre-set locations to stop it from ruining the gameplay for other players and to stop it being built on important features. However, there will still be loads of locations you can build on, in a variety of places (mountain tops, fields, caves, underwater caves, islands etc) that will suit anyones needs. Other things that guilds can do includes building ships that can fit the entire clan on, to participate in naval combat where they can take over other player's ships and whatever items they have on the ships, or they can be used launch attacks on towns near the sea. Basically, guilds can do whatever they want :p

As for solo players, the devs have felt that it's important to allow people to do most of the things that guilds can do but on a smaller scale. They can build houses, camp roads to attack trade caravans, go on mad pking sprees, build smaller ships for trading, travelling or do whatever they hell they can think of doing with a ship. They can also be various different tradeskills that will be very viable since players will lose their stuff quite often and need replacements and their items also decay with use.

Other cool stuff:

Mounted combat
Stealing other races mounts after you've killed the player
Killing mounts :p
Farming (yes on a farm)
Stealing from farmers
Breaking into peoples houses
No massive grinds, players level skills as they use them, but a newly made char is still viable in combat
No hugely overpowered weapons that will decide the outcome of PvP
Gear is visible on your character, if you possess something valuable on you then you will be a bigger target for enemy pkers
There are consequences for your actions and you will soon gain a reputation among players and NPCs if you are too evil
Being evil is viable but is a harder than being a goodie goodie ;)
Wind has an affect on arrows and sailing
No radar showing players or mobs
Players are alerted if there is another player close by if his scent is being blown towards him by the wind
Stealthiness will be useful for sneaking up on other players, hiding in talls grass or attacking during the night will be a wise choice.
Visibility is handled by the servers to avoid giving an advantage to people with low graphics settings or any kind of cheating
Choice of clothing will play a part in how visible you are, if you want to be stealthy you should choose dull none shining clothing and weapons
Weather will play an important part in visibility and weather will not just be spontaneous, meaning that if it's raining on one part of the game the wind eventually blow the rain to other parts of the world
Last but not least - player skill will be the deciding factor in combat, there is no auto targetting and it's fast paced combat.
That's about it, and yes i am bored at work :\

Strife
10-08-06, 13:23
I'm semi-following the game, in the sense that I really haven't read shit but active in a clan that's waiting for the clan beta.

Just CBF to read all the shit on games anymore, so many disapointments/recycled games/carebear games.

Ultima Online will forever be a legendary MMO for the PvP rules and balance they had. 10 years later, the games still pretty populated on retail, and probably populated just as much of player run servers. Just didn't really have the staff I guess to take it to the level Everquest did with pleasing the people who liked to...well, be a carebear.

giga191
10-08-06, 14:43
I'm semi-following the game, in the sense that I really haven't read shit but active in a clan that's waiting for the clan beta.

Just CBF to read all the shit on games anymore, so many disapointments/recycled games/carebear games.
i doubt the features will be as good as promised, but as long as the devs are trying to aim at the PvP community it will have a chance to be brilliant.

Darkana
10-08-06, 16:23
Giga, I just read through the small interview, I picked some stuff out:

Also remember it is an easier task to defend than it is to attackWrong, unless they build in game rules to support the defenders. Otherwise they will _always_ be at the short end of the stick.

We want battles that are epic, and we want everyone to have a place in this.With my limited knowledge about all this the 'epic' battles I heard or read of went poof at some point, because the server hardware couldn't cope with this.

When you hit 0 hea/l/th you fall to the ground, you are not dead but can not move or release. You can be revived at this stage by a healer or the enemy can finish you off. [...]He doesn't say anything about other options, means if you die early in a big fight you are supposed to lie around on the battlefield then? ...

Warcry- Will there be paralyzing attacks?

Darkfall Team- Yes but these will be on a timer and will be balanced for the sake of fun PvP.bwahahaha :p

But well, lets see how it will fare once it's actually up and running :)

giga191
10-08-06, 18:16
Giga, I just read through the small interview, I picked some stuff out:

1) Wrong, unless they build in game rules to support the defenders. Otherwise they will _always_ be at the short end of the stick.

2) With my limited knowledge about all this the 'epic' battles I heard or read of went poof at some point, because the server hardware couldn't cope with this.

3) He doesn't say anything about other options, means if you die early in a big fight you are supposed to lie around on the battlefield then? ...

bwahahaha :p

But well, lets see how it will fare once it's actually up and running :)
1) I think that they are referring to the fact that defending a town would be easier than attacking it

2) i'm not a real fan of epic battles where i end up being insignificant :( i'm more than happy with a medium sized battle of 20vs20

3) You have the option to release back to whichever town is your home town, but this just means that the players can stop people from getting rezzed.

obviously the devs like to hype up there game a bit, but i still think the pvp rules are going to be cool