PDA

View Full Version : NC wont fecking load.

Pantho
30-07-06, 11:40
Ok, It crashed yesterday, then it just gave me a blank black screen on load up... File check - OK
Re-install - I get the flash screens its stop at the Loading screen (Medical warning screen)

Tottaly wipe all files, re-install, problem still exists..

Any ideas?

LiL T
30-07-06, 11:55
Damn sounds bad, try reinstalling drivers for your video card and other things, maybe a system restore might help if you have that switched on. If nothing works your prolly gonna have to reformat :(

Pantho
30-07-06, 11:59
well i do need to do a format, but tis pissed off...

Ill update my vid drivers after work.... might work

aKe`cj
30-07-06, 12:11
did you deinstall nc properly or did you simply remove the folder?
did you reinstall NC properly or did you c&p old files, such as preused patch-files? Did you switch to the alternate dx version for a try? vsync enabled? tried a different resolution? tried windowmode?

Nidhogg
30-07-06, 14:07
Did you try deleting models.tmp and forcing a recache?

N

rob444
30-07-06, 14:30
This might sound awkward and I doubt nc2 is built up this way, but I know some games uses the temp folder to put in temporary data which the game can read from later. And this temporary data might have gone corrupt and it will seriously fuck up the game. Always worth a try to remove all temporary files, you never know :p. ( C:\documents and settings\your_username\local settings\temp - might want to put on show hidden folders. )

Mr Kot
30-07-06, 14:56
Try switching to DX7 if it's a model caching problem.

Btw, i disabled the splash screens long ago.

Apocalypsox
30-07-06, 17:52
pantho when i was fuckering on about this the other day, i had to restart my PC. RESTART!

Pantho
30-07-06, 23:43
Try switching to DX7 if it's a model caching problem.

Btw, i disabled the splash screens long ago.

Yea, i had them disabled. when it happend, If there disabled it just crashes again.

Hmm Nid..... When i said i Deleted the WHOLE folder a dn re-installed im fairly sure it will have deleted that file with it :p...

Ive Deleted'd it, Even re-install'd ona DIFFERENT HD, DX7, Diff resalutions SX9, window Mode.... Hell i even Rapped it....

I also tried Copy'ing it over my network

Pantho
31-07-06, 00:11
That average joe nib, made me install Omega ATI drivers.... It hard crashed my PC during installation. now it works 100% wtf lol....