PDA

View Full Version : After 6 months..

Neally
29-07-06, 14:01
Hi,

Although I have been only playing only a few hours yesterday, after 6 months of non-activity, as you guess, I have negative comments to say, but i wanted to make it clear at first, i'm not blaming Reakktor nor 10Tacle (even if they are really the sux :p ). Also, I do know the big efforts of Reakktor that has been put in making a balanced game, and then realize the big work it represents.

I will, of course, past the "BIG" Marketing problem, to begin with something I think important in a game like Neocron2, the PvP system.

The PvP System

I got disappointed to play in front of the City Mercs entrance base again, and there's something we should worry about, why do we play there now ?...My answer would be "Because there's a safe zone near, so players don't waste time in loosing items they can't affort". What I think is, Neocron's world is big, and that world is mostly used for hunting, and OP Wars then. Now I wonder, what would happen if you would lose items in OPS zones, I guess I got an idea about it but well. This all to say maybe a player should not loose an item when he gets killed, but still loot a reward for the other player he has been killed by (and for those who will say "It easy then, you just have to create 2 chars, and kill one during hours to get a lot of things", I would say lower is the level of the who you kill, lower is the reward, but even for killing a high level you may not get 5 millions NCredits.)

To me the PvP System needs changes, even if it's not the opinion of everyone, the PvP and OP Wars system should be reviewed, to make it more fun even for someone who's doing RP.

The FSM System

Ok there some people won't agree with the idea, because every people choose his faction, so he should gets a special items for being in that faction another people can't have an access to. I remember back in Venus the FSM System being different, for those who remember, the advantage of being in a faction was to get a certain amounts of items, for a lower price, but that items could be bought by others players.

The FSM System should be also reviewed in details, the idea is interesting, but its actual concepts is not really cool, and usually annoying.

The "Special Effects"

Although with Neocron Evolution 2.1 a few graphics details changed, I still think it's not the best. Of course new weapons are cool, but i think there should be more "Special Effects" when you shoot, when you heal, when you cast a shield, when you stealth, etc...I don't know if my explanations are clear, but there's a global missing of special effects that would make the game greater.

Special effect could be added to the game, to make it look like even better.

"Slow" ?!

I think there a lot of threads have been discussed about the balancing problem, there i'm not talking about the balancing system, but about how slow is gonna be PvP after 2.2, because I have seen APU cast reduced, reloading weapon system also got nerfed and is slower than it used to be.

All those details makes PvP slower, and I don't know about how good it is to make it slower for most of PvP'ers of Neocron. Maybe, ignoring the balance part, we could give up freq, a bit lower dmg, and then more max Health for every classes.

I don't think Balance System needs a change, its being changed as well, just change the global speed of PvP.

I just wanted to make it clear, that's the things that should be changed, for me, in Neocron2. The first impressions of my "come back" weren't so good, but again, i'm not blaming Reakktor, who are trying to do a good job with the Balancing thread.

Speedball
29-07-06, 14:37
Welcome noob, if you need help ig or if you have questions about neocron >>DM me

Neally
29-07-06, 14:38
Welcome noob, if you need help ig or if you have questions about neocron >>DM me

stfu little running ball :(

ZoVoS
29-07-06, 14:39

hehehe

silent000
29-07-06, 15:00
Lol ummm just shut up and play WoW

Speedball
29-07-06, 15:29
Lol ummm just shut up and play WoW
dont talk like this to my intypiti Neally!
he just show what's wrong with neocron as he could show what's wrong with you. Problems HAVE to be showed. Btw you suck.

silent000
29-07-06, 16:22
The things he stated arnt problems at all! They are personal opinions of what HE wants the game to be like, what the hell is wrong with FSM?!?!

Heavyporker
29-07-06, 16:37
Hey, I'm fine with the FSM thing, too.

I mean, the "annoyance" thing you mentioned might totally disappear if the playerbase was just a bit bigger.

Neally
29-07-06, 16:51
The things he stated arnt problems at all! They are personal opinions of what HE wants the game to be like, what the hell is wrong with FSM?!?!

Yes, that was my opinion of course. But you gotta admit that fightning all the day in front of the city mercs entrance may become boring as well, and as i said, we know why players choose to PvP there.

About FSM, it's nothing more than annoying to have to ask others factions for stuffs etc. The FSM idea came from Venus i think and I think it's not so right at the moment. But yes, that's my opinion as i said, but about PvP i think everyone would like to see a change.

Speedball
29-07-06, 17:13
hey it's a forum, not a place where you expose you're opinion ! OKAY ?
:rolleyes:

LiL T
29-07-06, 17:42
The PvP System

I got disappointed to play in front of the City Mercs entrance base again, and there's something we should worry about, why do we play there now ?...My answer would be "Because there's a safe zone near, so players don't waste time in loosing items they can't affort". What I think is, Neocron's world is big, and that world is mostly used for hunting, and OP Wars then. Now I wonder, what would happen if you would lose items in OPS zones, I guess I got an idea about it but well. This all to say maybe a player should not loose an item when he gets killed, but still loot a reward for the other player he has been killed by (and for those who will say "It easy then, you just have to create 2 chars, and kill one during hours to get a lot of things", I would say lower is the level of the who you kill, lower is the reward, but even for killing a high level you may not get 5 millions NCredits.)

Maybe a mission setup by faction leaders would be better, like go patrol J-01 and up to 16 people can take the mission. Yeah a bit like FOMK but who gives a shit, it would be much better than all the ganking at MB.

eprodigy
29-07-06, 19:38
playershops!

rob444
29-07-06, 20:09
anti-asshole protection 1.3 (not refering to thread starter!)

Apocalypsox
29-07-06, 20:33
Carebear.

IceStorm
29-07-06, 22:27
About FSM, it's nothing more than annoying to have to ask others factions for stuffs etc.So maintain three accounts - problem solved!

Speedball
30-07-06, 02:10
Now I know it's not only on terra.
The commnity suxx since nc2 :angel:

Philchow
30-07-06, 02:34
You sux more than me Speed btw. :'(

Bisous ! :)

Edit: Neri, go smash their asses in game.

Speedball
30-07-06, 02:35
You sux more than me Speed btw. :'(

Bisous ! :)

kikoo bisous!
No you suxx more than (KAIN) !

Neally
30-07-06, 18:31
Maybe a mission setup by faction leaders would be better, like go patrol J-01 and up to 16 people can take the mission. Yeah a bit like FOMK but who gives a shit, it would be much better than all the ganking at MB.

Whatever it is, getting inspired of others games can be done, unfortunately that's something Reakktor won't do. Fightning all the time there at MB can be really annoying, that's why players should not loose any of their items anymore, of course people will say that "YOU are a carebear roflroflrofl", but I have been PvP'ing since a long time, and that's just what I see again, you guys fightning in a place, that's just UGLY comparing to all the places there can be in Neocron's World (/respect citymercs :angel: ).

Bredahl
31-07-06, 04:36
erm..

if you dont like to be a zonewhore, then just go somewhere else.. like pp3 or p2.. both can be pretty fun (just let ppl know that you are there), well as anti that is.. heh
gotta love when there come 5 monks or something like that after you :D

giga191
31-07-06, 13:58
I mean, the "annoyance" thing you mentioned might totally disappear if the playerbase was just a bit bigger. i think most things could be fixed with a bigger player base, KK could hire more devs and they could fix more. Actually i'd be very happy with the way NC is if there were just some more players

Tratos
31-07-06, 14:37
The balancing stuff needs doing and well to get the game back on it's feet technically and fix some of the ancient bugs and the really really weird issues with completely seperate and random things changing others when the game is patched.

The old band-aided cross referencing code base is rather tangled around and in on itself if im reading into it correctly and some of the balancing addresses this.

Speedball
31-07-06, 14:44
erm..

if you dont like to be a zonewhore, then just go somewhere else.. like pp3 or p2.. both can be pretty fun (just let ppl know that you are there), well as anti that is.. heh
gotta love when there come 5 monks or something like that after you :D
olol I play a mmorpg and when I want to have a fight I schedul my enemies

Neally
01-08-06, 00:02
olol I play a mmorpg and when I want to have a fight I schedul my enemies

Not really the problem imo. Why would 5 monks just come for 1 person to Pepper Park ? oh...and If only of those guys would do a 1v1, ah but i forgot, it's better to own a poor guy to get his items than to loose ours. (don't take it as it is my case, I have been playing in Pepper Park and things always has been like that)

Why would you hack an item from a belt ?

1. I need that "random" item that'll probably not be used and will stay in a cab for 4 years until Neocron 3 is out

2. I'm hacking that belt because it is higly annyoing the other player who's crying to get it back (and it makes me feel teh PoWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAaaaaaAaaaaa)

LiL T
01-08-06, 11:59
Not really the problem imo. Why would 5 monks just come for 1 person to Pepper Park ? oh...and If only of those guys would do a 1v1, ah but i forgot, it's better to own a poor guy to get his items than to loose ours. (don't take it as it is my case, I have been playing in Pepper Park and things always has been like that)

Why would you hack an item from a belt ?

1. I need that "random" item that'll probably not be used and will stay in a cab for 4 years until Neocron 3 is out

2. I'm hacking that belt because it is higly annyoing the other player who's crying to get it back (and it makes me feel teh PoWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaAaAaaaaaAaaaaa)

I've dropped entire belts and inventorys, yeah it sucks but thats the penalty for being a dick, which i accept. When you lose a fight dropping one item from your belt is the reward for the other player/players and thats the only reward they get.

If you don't like it (it has been this way since release) then use the LE chip provided.

Speedball
01-08-06, 13:44
I've dropped entire belts and inventorys, yeah it sucks but thats the penalty for being a dick, which i accept. When you lose a fight dropping one item from your belt is the reward for the other player/players and thats the only reward they get.

If you don't like it (it has been this way since release) then use the LE chip provided.

he ment that no one want's to drope an items, and so no one fights alone, and everybody bring mates (mostly the ROCKS class of the month)
Neally is an awesome lone fighter... (but still a noob tbh!!1)

giga191
01-08-06, 14:28
and so no one fights alone, and everybody bring mates beeeep

FALSE

Speedball
01-08-06, 15:01
beeeep

FALSE
almost everybody.
The Majority.

beeeeeeep good answer

Neally
01-08-06, 17:27

I have been PvP'ing a lot in Neocron, the problem isn't that i'm not happy about MYSELF getting items lost, but the real problem is, players won't fight with me if they could loose their items. (oh, and yes, they all could put LE on, oh but wait lol ! we are talking about Terra !!!! :rolleyes: )

oh and btw, don't talk about my PvP. I have won the UBER IMPORTANT Tank PVP on Pandora !!! 8| :rolleyes: :p

LiL T
01-08-06, 20:06
I have been PvP'ing a lot in Neocron, the problem isn't that i'm not happy about MYSELF getting items lost, but the real problem is, players won't fight with me if they could loose their items. (oh, and yes, they all could put LE on, oh but wait lol ! we are talking about Terra !!!! :rolleyes: )

oh and btw, don't talk about my PvP. I have won the UBER IMPORTANT Tank PVP on Pandora !!! 8| :rolleyes: :p

Ah, I don't think that dropping items is the thing that stops people pvping, I think its more about dieing and having to get poked. With low populations its a real pain in the arse dieing sometimes and you can be waiting for a poke for a long time.

I really wish the faster SI etc on neptune could be used on the normal servers.

Scaramanga
01-08-06, 20:30
Low pops and character imbalance.
If KK gets the latest project to work right then both of those problems should be sorted. I for one will definitely be taking a look once they are implemented.