PDA

View Full Version : NC and Linux, revisited

MrTrip
28-07-06, 19:52
Since the old thread was locked...

Did anybody ever find a way to make Neocron connect to the server? That was the problem we were having as of late...

I really want to get this going on my box at work...if we can play Counter-Strike: Source, we can freaking play Neocron. :lol: :mad:

MrTrip
30-07-06, 20:20
Well its nice to see there is a lot of support for this....jeeze we need more Linux users here....

Wine 0.9.18 and 0.9.17 AND 0.9.16 won't even load the game (I think it has something to do with the "re-write" they did to the DirectDraw support) .15 I believe will, but after character selection it has a heart attack.

rob444
30-07-06, 20:44
lol, if I remember correctly, you did manage to get into the login screen but were unable to connect? I'm no linux expert or anything but is it possible that wine doesn't support winsock?

MrTrip
30-07-06, 22:26
lol, if I remember correctly, you did manage to get into the login screen but were unable to connect? I'm no linux expert or anything but is it possible that wine doesn't support winsock?

Cedega didn't allow it to connect, but Wine allowed it to connect, go to character selection screen, then it crashed out complaining about DirectDraw error something blah blah.

MrTrip
03-08-06, 03:59
So, I used WineTools to create a fake windows directory, then installed DirectX and all that fun stuff, but it will still not work....It craps out. :(

I saw some tutorials on NC1 in Linux, but that really doesnt help, it did however get me to the character selection screen, and thats a start right?

Tsukasa
03-08-06, 04:55
just run a dual boot and install xp as a secondary boot OS

Bishop Yutani
03-08-06, 14:21
MrTrip, get it working on my gp2x (http://www.gp2x.com) and i'll give you a cookie ;)

psychowar
03-08-06, 20:59
i give you a hint: it doesnt work ;)

i wasted shitloads of time for it...

SizZLeR
05-08-06, 23:11
just run a dual boot and install xp as a secondary boot OS
:lol: exactly my thought too, why bother so much with getting it to work on Linux, im running NC under windows and it works just fine. :D

zii
05-08-06, 23:21
Would like some more info. I tried running NC with Codeweavers' Crossover (Wine) on FC5 and only got it to install, but so far I cannot get IE or QT to run, so NC might be far too problematic.

How are you installing this into Wine? (I'm quite unfamilar with Wine unless I'm in a bar)