PDA

View Full Version : Is this game still active?

Point357
26-07-06, 21:39
I was thinking of getting this game because I like the cyberpunk genre (currently playing a very similar game called Face of Mankind but its been going downhill recently) however I seem to be jumping into this game 4 years late.. are there still a lot of players in this game? or is it now slightly dead and slow?

I ask this because the click2pay service form is screwed up and not working, the alternative looks like it will work but I dont get the free trial with that. which would mean I would have to buy the game before knowing if I will like it, which is a bit of a leap.

Can anyone tell me how many players are in a server at a time? or a players account of an average day in neocron?

Cheers.

eprodigy
26-07-06, 21:56
It's a bit slow right now even moreso then usual, around 150ish players on the english server. the number can't be compared to other games, it's a very playable number for this game, hey my accounts still active after all these years.

I'd definetly try to see if you can get the issue with Click2Pay worked out, it's a lot different then FOM, it has a lot of non pvp components like other MMO's but it does have a large focus on the pvp and NC's is some of the best.

aKe`cj
26-07-06, 22:04
Just outa curiosity ... the last time I looked at fomk was beta2 and I was shocked by the state of the game at that time - seeing as their aim was to not only copy but outscore Neocron in many regards - imo they failed :)

Anyhow if the "style" of fomk suited you, you'll love NC. Playercounts are currently rather low - but I expect things to move again once the summer-break is dealt with. When talking about NC playercounts one has to consider that unlike the usual mmorpg, NC is a boost with as little as 400+ players - due to the way the gameworld is designed.

Right now the playercounts are low ...and by low I mean low for Neocron: 150'ish at prime-time (this must be a historical low btw).

Still, I'd encourage you to try it - and if you like it level a char so you're prepared for the wave of returning & players at late Sept / early Oct.
Major parts of the game are currently subject to redesign and with the next big patch (labled evol 2.2 - contains a rework of the entire PvP / PvM part afaik) a rise in pops is guaranteed.

If you can, dont go for the 10day trial. 10 days are not enough to get an impression of Neocron, as the learning curve is pretty steep. You can get NC boxes at retailers (germany/uk ..cant tell bout the us) for very low budget nowadays .. and they include a manual, worldmap as well as a full month of free playtime. Risking the 5 bucks is certainly worth it. I might even have an unused key ...well somewhere :p

edit:
did you see some vid's already? They might be able to give you an impression of what NC looks like .. but I am sure the athmosphere will suit you as you are familiar with fomk (most vid's are a lil outdated tho and do not reflect the latest gfx boost we saw last december)

Point357
26-07-06, 22:26
I would have noticed it in stores (I live in scotland 5 minutes away from a PC World store), but they dont seem to stock it.

this game really doesnt seem to want to give me an easy way to pay :\, now its wanting me to send money by post over to America.. which kind of defeats the purpose of a credit card.

Ive got plenty of money at the moment, so Ill try and just buy the game, if it lets me.

unreal
26-07-06, 22:27
And hopefully if you do try Neocron out, and decide to play on Terra, message me on unrael, I'll give you a helping hand, if you need/want it. :)

BunnehGRRL
27-07-06, 05:32
I never noticed an issue with the low population. Usually, I find loads of people, it's just not like WoW full of kiddos trying to kill the Nth npc to get 'teh l00tz d00d!!!!ONEONE!!' I think NC has a future if KK turns this thing around to survive the WoW clones because it looks like the future of MMOs isn't big production, high population servers, but rather niche market with small companies tailoring to individual sets of players. NC has that basic concept behind it. It was rarely hyped, always stuck close to its original ideas, and only adding on through time rather than just demand. I doubt KK is going to pull the plug on the game after this long, and considering its comparable 'foil' company Nevrax is in deeper 'ish' than KK by far.

-- Bridget

Richard Slade
27-07-06, 13:04
And FYI,
we all know FoMK is a big ripoff of NC to begin with
try the game and start as a 'pro-city' faction and walk around for a bit,
notice something about the architecture...? :angel:

Vampslord
27-07-06, 17:22
Playercounts are currently rather low - but I expect things to move again once the summer-break is dealt with. When talking about NC playercounts one has to consider that unlike the usual mmorpg, NC is a boost with as little as 400+ players - due to the way the gameworld is designed.....a rise in pops is guaranteed.....

ROFL.....
No offense, but players have been saying the same thing since before NC2...lol
It's a cycle. For every disenchanted vet (such as myself) who realizes the truth and quits, 5 starry-eyed noobs will join up. Eventually, they will remove the blinders from their eyes, get their forum accounts bannzored for flaming KK, and quit; making room for the next cycle.
It is a fun game, granted, with lots of potential. Potential doesn't mean anything. My brother had lots of potential, he's 36 and living in mom's basement.
How's them FRE's treating y'all?

hnlecter
27-07-06, 17:25
I bought my copy over ebay, it was cheap as anything. The populations are rising and there are a certain new influx of players.

Vampslord
27-07-06, 17:33
The populations are rising and there are a certain new influx of players.

As I said, it's a cycle. At any given moment in time, there is a frustrated player who's seriously contemplating un-installing.

BunnehGRRL
27-07-06, 19:15
You can say that about any MMO and that's a problem. It's easy to complain about the game's lack of population, but the reality is most folks prefer fantasy over scifi and scifi over cyberpunk. And that's the facts. KK did an okay job, and I do agree they need to iron out some issues such as the payment system and that fatal error problem, beside those issues the game can be fun. I just wished I had more time to play anymore. :(

-- Bridget

eprodigy
27-07-06, 19:30
I think thats true for any game.. certainly NC can leave you more frustrated then most though. :p

What IS a horrible cycle is the "the populations are low but as soon as <NEW PATCH X> comes out it will go right up". Is the populations going to go up a bit? Probably. Up and down, until a few months and we're saying the same thing about the next patch.

aKe`cj
27-07-06, 21:02
No offense, but players have been saying the same thing since before NC2...lol
For every disenchanted vet (such as myself) who realizes the truth and quits, 5 starry-eyed noobs will join up. Eventually, they will remove the blinders from their eyes, get their forum accounts bannzored for flaming KK, and quit; making room for the next cycle.

No offense... but how 'bout you go fuck yourself?
I've been with NC since the first betas and not everyone who believes in Neocron is a whiney cunt. On the other hand, not everyone who quit is either - Neocron has a lot of rough edges and I am certainly not saying the game plays as smooth as a AAA title. Just because you chose to flame NC after you quit doesnt mean anyone else does as well. The truth is that you play NC when you like it and you quit when you've had your share or have to move on. Thats perfectly normal with any MMO - what I cant stand tho' are the bitter farts who return and discredit a great game that -as a fact- does entertain a lot of ppl... calling them "5 starry-eyed noobs" for liking NC is blatand ignorant from you.

oh.. jfyi: FRE's have gotten A LOT LESS frequent.

Richard Slade
27-07-06, 21:10
Also, those disenchanted vets seem to come back every now and then

*COUGH*

anyways *Meepmeepzoom*

silent000
27-07-06, 21:24
Ive played for over 2 years and i have no intention of leaving this game for a while yet.... Best game i have eva playd (watch me get flamed)

BunnehGRRL
27-07-06, 22:22
*flames silent with pink feather boas and carebears*

-- Bridget

Bredahl
27-07-06, 23:27
Ive played for over 2 years and i have no intention of leaving this game for a while yet.... Best game i have eva playd (watch me get flamed)

why should you get flamed? it IS the best ever! :D

ArcAngel_Slayer
27-07-06, 23:33
I played Fom for a long time,

Don't get me wrong it was a good community mostly, apart from a few lunatics and sycos "YOU WILL DO WHAT THE PD SAYS YOU SHOULD DO!!!" still can't shake the dressing down I got when one of my commanders killed another commander for no reason, so I stunned and arrested him and got demoted!

At least I sent him to prison with all the mad terrorists behind bars that night"wooohahahahahaha!!!"

Anyway it went down hill after the last beta patch... boy did they screw up that game, when it went to release the forum dropped to 10% if that!

Well Neocron rules and is everything every other mmogg with fluffy rabits and elves is not!!!

Arc:D

silent000
27-07-06, 23:44
why should you get flamed? it IS the best ever! :D

I always get flamed :(

Bredahl
27-07-06, 23:46
aww :(

Vampslord
28-07-06, 03:27
No offense... but how 'bout you go fuck yourself?

blow me, homey

Nidhogg
28-07-06, 10:30
Enough.

Yes the game is still active. Thread closed.

N