PDA

View Full Version : Non-Le'd Low Level Runners & Soul Light

Zheo
26-07-06, 18:53
Yesterday afternoon, I was chasing some pro scum through the military base, when I got to the zone line I killed them HAHA... or so I though but no, I noobie non-le'd runner happened to either be there or to zone just as i fired because my rounds hit him instead and killed him (one shot), I then dropped down to -36 sl. The way I see the sl system it's to stop allied killers right?

So why not remove the penalty for killing noobie runners (below rank **/30). This would mean that if some arse create a 0/2 so he could make people lose soul light, it wouldn't work. We know you can replace your LE before level **/30 so they would only have their selves to blame if they keep getting pk'd! You *could* argue against it but it's fairer then the system we have now which can be exploited and IS exploited I have seen runners constantly come to the mb zone line just to make people lose soul light, they have no chance of fighting a capped character hell I took on two noobie **/46 and **/51 at mb without breaking a sweat! So what chance does a rank /30 stand? ZIP! zero! nadda!

So don't tell me "Yeah but..." I want to hear "YEAH THATS A GODAMN GREAT IDEA!"

Roc-a-fella
26-07-06, 19:12
So why not remove the penalty for killing noobie runners (below rank **/30).

IMO the LE is a retarded idea to let people hide behind but removing the SL penalty would just promote noobie PKing :wtf:

Durandal|AI
26-07-06, 19:16
open your eyes and stop whining..

msressi
26-07-06, 19:18
I fully agree, if a noob takes out his le for the purpose of giving other runners neg SL......that is erm well shitty (excuse the word)
And yes it is being done all the time

Durandal|AI
26-07-06, 19:20
mb sync laming != pvp

just leave the zone line - open your eyes and you wont have any problems

Zheo
26-07-06, 19:21
open your eyes and stop whining..

Open my eyes to someone spawning infront after i fire? Yeah that'd help I'd actually see the bullets hit them before they die and maybe after they day I will finish turning, in the hopes i dont hit them.

And about noob pk'ing they can PUT THE LE BACK IN, and since they can it is THERE choice, keep le in, or take it out and get pk'd, if you take it out your going to die one way or another specially at mb!

NAPPER
26-07-06, 19:50
How many times does this happen not a lot and you thought well that’s shit?
So let it rest its not going to change anything to do with the le

rob444
26-07-06, 20:43
I consider it being lame by creating 0/2's, take out the LE to then getting hit by pvp:ers.

However, you shouldn't blame your SL lost on others, it was you who were not careful enough and unfortunely you'll just have to deal with it. :/

Zheo
27-07-06, 06:43
I consider it being lame by creating 0/2's, take out the LE to then getting hit by pvp:ers.

However, you shouldn't blame your SL lost on others, it was you who were not careful enough and unfortunely you'll just have to deal with it. :/

Hard to be careful when someone zones in just as you fire, or runs into your line of sight. Remember you don't actually have to kill them, just hit them once, then other people can kill them.

slith
27-07-06, 08:27
Ever heard of bad luck?
Sure, the SL System is shitty. But what happened to you is just bad luck.

unreal
27-07-06, 09:36
It's not just bad luck, way too many people have alternate characters on one of their alternate/trial accounts purely for this reason. They create a newbie, and just take the out LE and run around getting in the way of everyones fire to make people lose their SL, which means they have easy belt hacks when those people die, or red SL belts that won't need to be hacked.

Toilet-Duck used to have a (capped) City Merc PE purely for being a cunt at the MB zone line. He wouldn't carry anything droppable apart from basic armour and possibly his hacktool (if it wasn't the Jones reward that is), which are easily and cheaply replacable. He would just get in the way, and try hacking all the belts he could find. If people wanted to kill him, or shot him accidentally, they'd lose 100 SL and 50 CM symp.

Even Gunnar had a CityAdmin all-epic character, Bugs Gunny or something close to that name, that used to be there purely to make pro-city people lose all their SL by having to ally kill him when his Black Dragon friends were raiding NC.

It's a good idea Zheo, but it won't help against the problem as a whole, it would only stop the newly made characters being able to grief others in areas like MB entrance, which is a good thing at least. You'd just see people levelling their character up to the required rank, so they can continue doing it. Getting from */2 to */30 on any class takes almost no time at all.

Personally I think the fighting should be forced away from MB entrance in some way (suggested a few things in previous threads similair to this) to help against the situation. The MB entrance is so small that you'll end up shooting any ranked ally at some point, there's no way of stopping it, unless you pause for a huge amount of time before taking shots.

IMO the LE is a retarded idea to let people hide behindWhy does everyone always say the same old bull? Yes, we're all going to rip the LE on our newbie levelling characters so we can be shot in the back by some prat who thinks he's 1337 for killing someone who's on 1/3 health, not to mention being half his rank or just not set up for PvP.

The LE is one of the best features Neocron has to offer. Things would be like FoMK (I think that's the game I tried last year) without it. Every ignorant bar steward will run along and kill all the newbies for the sake of doing it, instead of being helpful. That obviously won't help Neocrons population at all.

For starters, it's the reason I didn't play FoMK for more than 25mins. The very same thing I described above happened to me 4 times in the space of 15minutes, along with all the experienced people I saw not giving a toss about replying to some newbie.

Pantho
27-07-06, 10:33
Many people remove there LE chips at 0/2

I myself remove EVERY chars LE at 0/2

Well apart from nibs i make to do Mr Jones epics then delete......

Voodoo Thief removes every alts LE at 0/2

Evil Monkey kid removes ever alts LE at 0/2

Thats 3 of the Noob Killing Ally Killing Skull Cults, that remove there LE at 0/2... No idea bout the others....they dont make to many nibs.

eprodigy
27-07-06, 10:39
I think a better idea is, you can't pull LE until /30 :angel:

I'm half joking, but I can't really think of a point to removing it before then. I don't even remove LE's from my chars until I cap them, theres just no point. I'm not going to be doing any pvp until I cap that char, why slow that down by getting killed while I level. Taking out your LE at 0/2 doesn't make you hardcore, it's not like you could do anything if attacked. And the age old LE debate, it's a great feature, NC already scares away 9/10 new players as it is.

giga191
27-07-06, 10:49
or KK could just stop making plasma weapons do dmg to none targetted players, and maybe that could stop eating system resources if you don't have to calculate what dmg is done by stray shots

NAPPER
27-07-06, 11:04
this post started by someone zoning in to the lawless zone of mb how was he to know that someone was firing his wapon on the other side

and you reason i think that many people pull they le out so early is cos they have friends called ppus to help them power lvl

Mighty Max
27-07-06, 11:28
or KK could just stop making plasma weapons do dmg to none targetted players

- wouldnt change anything if someone runs just into your aiming and gets targeted
- is this not a bit too carebear for you?

Skusty
27-07-06, 12:32
LE is great for lvlers, tradeskillers and hunters.

But this seems pretty ok.

Richard Slade
27-07-06, 14:21
Remove zones, I say :rolleyes:

Pantho
27-07-06, 14:32

impossible with NC

Richard Slade
27-07-06, 14:35
impossible with NC
That's what they said about Berlin some years ago too

NAPPER
27-07-06, 14:55
you cant change the le without changing the game thats 6more months lol

zii
28-07-06, 01:49
Many people remove there LE chips at 0/2

I myself remove EVERY chars LE at 0/2

Well apart from nibs i make to do Mr Jones epics then delete......

Voodoo Thief removes every alts LE at 0/2

Evil Monkey kid removes ever alts LE at 0/2

Thats 3 of the Noob Killing Ally Killing Skull Cults, that remove there LE at 0/2... No idea bout the others....they dont make to many nibs.

Likewise. The first thing I do is remove the LE. I cannot enjoy NC with one in.

Scanner Darkly
28-07-06, 02:23

If MB was all one zone, with guards enforcing no weapons in certain parts of it (GR room and around the shops, the parts that are a safezone atm) it could actually be a fun zone to play in again - but then where would all the zone jockeys get their kicks?

Maybe the engine can't handle a zone that big, who knows, you know this is the best solution.

Kame
28-07-06, 06:25
The staiircase should defenetly be a safe zone, and same with th CM HQ.

The NPC you need to kill for epic shold be moved to MB sector 3 wich should be non-safe.

Then the fighting would take place outside by the guards near the zoneline.
The nibs could run out and benefit from the guard's support and there should also be a gogo at the ASG.

Small changes that could do a lot to the game.

Question is, the staircase are a small sector with no open space and little mobs. Could a busy zone like MB support a constant stream of pvp action ??

LiL T
28-07-06, 07:26
The staiircase should defenetly be a safe zone, and same with th CM HQ.

The NPC you need to kill for epic shold be moved to MB sector 3 wich should be non-safe.

Then the fighting would take place outside by the guards near the zoneline.
The nibs could run out and benefit from the guard's support and there should also be a gogo at the ASG.

Small changes that could do a lot to the game.

Question is, the staircase are a small sector with no open space and little mobs. Could a busy zone like MB support a constant stream of pvp action ??

Ha why don't we just make everything a damn safezone :mad:

That what you suggested is not going to help, the pking will just take place outside.

unreal
28-07-06, 07:57
That what you suggested is not going to help, the pking will just take place outside.It won't help the LE problem in this thread, but it would make MB a better place to PvP. J01 is more suited for PvP with it's large amount of open space, compared to a constant horde of people zone and clipwhoring up and down the small stairways at MB entrance, most of it being done purposely to avoid death. MB entrance is a queer place to fight. I remember when Ass Wart (or his brother) used to think I never PvP'd because I never humped the MB zoneline the way he did.

As Shrek would no doubtedly agree: "Better out than in I always say".

It also makes no sense that fighting should be allowed to take place inside the MB entrance. The City Mercs are just going to sit there and allow fighting on their own doorstep, along with the killing of their own runners, day in day out? I think not. That sort of activity should be moved outside to J01, and in a storyline sense, it should be enforced by the guards. I would prefer to see all of MB unsafe, and have the guards act similair to the Trader Union guards, by shooting all neutral/hostile runners that wield a weapon.

carecare
28-07-06, 10:01
I like this idea from unreal.
It is good for the roleplay and it solves problems

LiL T
28-07-06, 10:14
Letting the gaurds fire on people with there weapons out i can see as being realistic, though it would take even more fun out of this game. But noone being able to draw weapons at all pffft, do we have an imaginary force field up in citys in real life stoping people from shooting or punching people...

unreal
28-07-06, 10:47
How would it take the fun out of the game? You think watching people cheat death by purposely clipwhoring, then zoning into a safe zone on low health is "fun"? It's not how the game is supposed to be played, and I certainly wouldn't call it PvP. I pitty you if you would rather run around in that lame zonewhoring hole instead of J01.

There needs to be a better place for people to start gathering in. J01 just outside the Military Base should be one of them at least. Most of us can't be bothered running to remote places, which is probably why people still hump MB entrance.

PS. Oops @ The name I wrote as the author of that quote in my last post, sorry Kame. :p Was meant to type LiL T.

Spermy
28-07-06, 14:37
How would it take the fun out of the game? You think watching people cheat death by purposely clipwhoring, then zoning into a safe zone on low health is "fun"? It's not how the game is supposed to be played, and I certainly wouldn't call it PvP. I pitty you if you would rather run around in that lame zonewhoring hole instead of J01.

It's not going to change. The overiding factor here isn't the fact that people can't win, it's quite the opposite. People can't lose. It's safe, and they're lazy. Safe, easy activites, and lazy people don't mix well.

The only forseeable fix here is to make it hard work for people to zonewhore ( Monitor the number of zones in a short space of time, excessive whoring = punishment?) Which I can't see happening. OR

Don't make it safe. We got on perfectly well when MB wasn't a safezone, and if it's access to NPCs thats the issue, then move em.