PDA

View Full Version : Repairing question

Castagere
24-07-06, 12:45
How can you tell if you high enough in lvl to repair something ? I can repair a knife but not a sword. It would be great to know before you buy something. Are there npc's that repair for you or do i have to find another player. Man i love this sword for close combat if i don't take out mobs fast enough with my launcher.

NAPPER
24-07-06, 12:54
You need like for a tl 17 sword you will need at lest double and a higher tl repair tool then the item

What you going to be when you grow up lol
hc (heavy combat)
mc (melee combat)

if your melee just use swords you will not need any in hc but if you want to use a tank put 106 in hc I think or i might be thinking of something else but I think its that you need 80 str as well

NAPPER

Riddle
24-07-06, 13:27
You need like for a tl 17 sword you will need at lest double and a higher tl repair tool then the item

What you going to be when you grow up lol
hc (heavy combat)
mc (melee combat)

if your melee just use swords you will not need any in hc but if you want to use a tank put 106 in hc I think or i might be thinking of something else but I think its that you need 80 str as well

NAPPER

O those nasty hybrids :p cap POB and CS and gun a rhino... :cool:

NAPPER
24-07-06, 13:57
yes but for somone making any char for the frist its hard

Darkana
24-07-06, 15:09
Yeah, Castagere, you should consider making a choice between H-C and M-C combat. For "melee" range/single target combat you can always switch to your Lasercannon if you are going H-C.

Melee tanks are easier to play in some regards, but they lack the versatility of H-C tanks. Going hybrid is possible, but requires some knowledge about the game to get it done "correctly".

Anyway, back to your original question: You should consider carefully if you are going to learn repair or not. It drains skillpoints from DEX, which you need for agility, maybe some vehicle and recycle skill and T-C, hightech combat. Adding repair skill to the mix results in lowering the max. possible for others, e.g. agility will suffer a good deal. I would strongly suggest to leave the repair skill out and find others who are more capable of doing it. This may take some time, however a 80/120 condition is nothing to worry about (if it goes close to 0/xx you should really consider visiting a repairer, though :)).

As for the repairing itself: You need a repair tool and repair skill and, depending on the TL of the item, repair lube. To repair an item of TL N you need N/2 (rounded up) repair skill; however having more repair skill will result in better repairs. During the process the max. condition will get lowered and the current condition raised (up to the max. condition). The repair takes place in the processor window.

NAPPER
24-07-06, 15:21
plus if you go melee you can spare the dex points but if you go hc i wouldnt risk it you need all the speed you can get tbh to carry them cannons and flamers

to lvl good at str 40 to 50 go to the mb hut at j01

Castagere
24-07-06, 21:50
Thx guys,i'll go HC. Sometimes mobs get in close though. What do you do if that happens? Risk taking damage from your own weapon?

eprodigy
24-07-06, 22:43
only some weapons do splash damage (area of effect/AOE weapons). most HC weapons wont hurt you no matter the range.

SizZLeR
25-07-06, 02:27
Speaking of AGL, how much is a "good" value or shd i rather ask, when doesnt it pay to put anymore pts there?

Currently one of my tanks have a little more than 100 agl and like 80 atl, he's ok fast, but if it get him like 1/4 faster if i add like 20 pts, id go for that. :D

Darkana
25-07-06, 10:08
Thx guys,i'll go HC. Sometimes mobs get in close though. What do you do if that happens? Risk taking damage from your own weapon?If you only use your grenade launcher, then yes, take the risk; you can also try to back up and get enough distance to the mobs again. Other choice is to have a secondary weapon ready (your Lasercannon for example) and pull that out; it won't harm you at all, but everything you shoot at with :D

Castagere
25-07-06, 17:42
Hi Darkana, Last night i did what you said to do and it worked great. So i use grenade launcher for range and laser for close work. Great weapons thanks alot for everything.