PDA

View Full Version : Cronalyser!

Nidhogg
22-07-06, 21:32
What is Cronalyser?
Cronalyser is a tool that notifies you whenever key events happen. It does this by monitoring any number of simultaneous data streams, e.g. Neocron log, mIRC log etc. Here are some examples of what Cronalyser can do for you. With some imagination you could apply them to other games or general chat applications, but why you would want to play anyone else’s game is beyond us so we’ll restrict the examples to Neocron.
You are a constructor of sublime weaponry but you don’t have the time or patience to watch all the chat channels for people asking for construction services. You may even be running another character in a different client window. Cronalyser can play a custom sound and pop up a system tray alert balloon whenever anyone asks for a constructor, even if they use any one of many slang names for either the act of construction or the item they would like constructed.
You already have a chat log stored in your logs folder but that file contains anything that anyone has ever said and searching it is a pain. You’d like to generate another chat log that only contains topics you’re interested in or anything spoken by your clannies.
You’d like a loud claxon to sound and a message to pop up from your system tray saying “OMGWTFPWN! OP H4x00red!!11oneone” when someone hacks a layer of one of your captured outposts (well, you might be annoying like that)! You hate it when you miss that little text warning that disappears off the top of your chat window so quickly goddammit!
You’d like to keep an eye on your mIRC or other messenger system while you’re playing. If someone mentions something you’re interested in you want to know about it immediately.
You’d like to search one or more log files that you’ve collected for something. You can’t remember exactly what it was and a simple text search just isn’t working for you.
On a completely different note, you might want to monitor your system’s output and error files for critical errors and be notified immediately.
Cronalyser and its user manual can both be downloaded from the Neocron downloads (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=39) page.

Note that this was written "in my spare time" so to speak and is therefore supported on an "as is" basis, independently of the Necron product itself. If you find any bugs (likely!) or have any comments or suggestions please direct them to me, and not to the usual Neocron support channels. Please read the user manual before posting any questions as it contains lots of useful information.

Hope you enojy it. Thanks!

N

/edit - BTW, Cronalyser needs the .NET Framework 2.0 to be installed in order for it to work. It's also been tested against the beta version of .NET 3.0 (previously known as WinFX).

Mr Kot
22-07-06, 23:28
Installed.

It's a tradeskiller's dream! Thanks, Nid :)

$ir Mafia
23-07-06, 00:11
That´s cool, thx

:)

Bishop Yutani
23-07-06, 00:19
very cool. Thanks, KK

Dribble Joy
23-07-06, 02:02
*spaff*

calim
23-07-06, 04:00
my god dot net should be downloaded :(

Download Size: 22.4 MB

Sorry i'll not use this software ... but thank for submit it !

John Wu
23-07-06, 04:12
are you on a 14k4 dialup line or what? or is dot net the problem?

Scanner Darkly
23-07-06, 04:54
This sounds like a real boon, thanks Nick.

calim
23-07-06, 11:29
@John : i'm a bit malicious, sorry ...

In fact, i don't like to install all that sort of microsoft stuff on my computer... I'm trying to not :lol:

Neally
23-07-06, 12:41
@John : i'm a bit malicious, sorry ...

In fact, i don't like to install all that sort of microsoft stuff on my computer... I'm trying to not :lol:

Yes but.... .NET Frameworks is something you'll have to need someday :rolleyes:

I like the idea Nid.

calim
23-07-06, 13:50
Yes but.... .NET Frameworks is something you'll have to need someday :rolleyes:

I like the idea Nid.

That's the first time i need it :rolleyes: (maybe the last!?).
I think i'll install it to see, but it's because i'm curious ^^

Tratos
23-07-06, 15:30
So that's where you've been, lol! Nice tool Nid!

nellus
23-07-06, 16:45
Sounds good NId, ill download it and give it a whirl when i get home on wednesday.

Bishop Yutani
23-07-06, 17:06
cool stuff, nid. Didnt notice it was all you, or my post in-thread wouldn't have been to KK. :D

Anyway, the only issue i can see here is that i'm not sure how you would set it up to look for specific tradeskilling requests. I think we can turn this into something really cool --aproaching player shops-- if we implement some things.

And Nid, I dont want to make it seem like i'm bashing your work. I like it and i'm going to use it, but i was on the crapper this morning and i had an idea, so i'm sharing. (not the crap, the idea) O_o

For example, if i need a poke and cant find anyone to help, i can set up the program to look for people talking about poking, but since there is no specific keyword for people who are poking vs people who need a poke, i'm at a loss. Some people say, "Anyone poking tl115?" and some people say "poking tl115" -- opposite meanings for almost the same keywords.

Also, if i did have a service i was offering, whether it be a shop or a service, i have to be logged into neocron, have it minimized, and have cronalyser on.

So here's my suggestion, which requires 2 things.

1) Standardize the request language. Just like "WTT", "WTB", and "WTS", we need a keyword that suggests you NEED a tradeskill service (or any other service) versus OFFERING that service.

Perhaps if you wanted a poke, you could say something like "!NeedPoke NC tl90" in the trade channel, which a person who pokes could add to his cronalyser to watch for people in need of his services. (i'm thinking of IRC fileserv triggers). And if you're advertising your poking services, people who need pokes but can't find any could look for a keyword like "!Poking" or something to that effect.

Other keywords could be !CSTing, !RESing, !NeedCST, !NeedRES, etc.

The same logic of keywords could be applied to a player shop, where a shop-keeper could publish a list to the forum or his/her website that showed what they had for sale, along with a keyword for triggering the seller to know that someone was looking to buy. So if i had a shop that sold pistols, someone in-game could "call me" via Cronalyser when they needed my shop by saying something like "!Bishop's_Pistol_Shop" or some other pre-set trigger. Then i could pop in and see what they wanted.

After-thought: Along with the trigger, you'd need to list extra information, like the TL of the item, or your location, but you get the idea...

2) Have the servers convert the Trade-channel logs for each planet into RSS feeds. Modify Cronalyser to pick up RSS feeds, and you instantly have a way for people who arent logged into the game to pick up triggers as described in part 1. This would be much more realistic for player shops and services because having NC running in the background all the time is kinda unrealistic given the music and sound thats playing (I know it can be toggled :rolleyes: ), the bandwidth used/wasted on both the client and server sides, and the fact that your system probably can't be playing another game while NC is minimized.

The idea of RSS feeds on chat logs could be extended to the top 5 clans, player help channels, service and all the others too.

With the two suggestions implemented, you essentially have Player Shops which have been begged for since the dawn of time :) All with a very small (relative to initial ideas) impact on the game code. This will keep lots of people interested in the game because they have a reason to log in every day, AND keep people from having tradeskill Alts because now people who are needing services can actually get it when they ask for it.

Discuss.

CMaster
23-07-06, 17:25
I believe I started (although others may have also come up with it independently "WTH" - Want To Hire as a looking for a skiller phrase. The germans of course use "Suche" - search - for pretty much everything. They "search" for an item or "search" for someone with a specific skill. "looking for" would be the english way of phrasing it.

And natually this tool would be best if it didn't need NC running.
Oh, and I've often thought that certain clans already seem to have a tool running, that when an op of theirs gets hacked, they all get text messages. They'll go from 2 online or so to 15 in a few minutes.

Codrum
23-07-06, 17:56
Would be cool if there was a program that could monitor NC chat messeges without actually being logged in, or maybe KK could add it as a feature of the launcher?

Tried to run the cronalyser thing but i got some error messege, it may be that i dont have the framework thing, i'll have to look sometime but im too lazy atm......

System
23-07-06, 18:32
doesnt work for me, I keep getting the error that I dont have .NET Frame 2.0 but I do, but good job on it anyways

Skusty
23-07-06, 21:58
Sexy. Nice. :D

Scanner Darkly
23-07-06, 23:12
So that's where you've been, lol! Nice tool Nid!

Now I reckon he did the community a good turn, so don't go calling him a tool ya hear!

:angel:

Nidhogg
23-07-06, 23:17
No, he was saying I have a nice tool which, of course, I do. ;)

N

/edit - @System, go into your registry and tell me what key you have in the following location (ignore the "default" key, the one you want is just a number):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0]

Mr Kot
23-07-06, 23:20
Oh, and I've often thought that certain clans already seem to have a tool running, that when an op of theirs gets hacked, they all get text messages. They'll go from 2 online or so to 15 in a few minutes.
http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/Loretxt.jpg

:D

CMaster
24-07-06, 01:03

So there really WERE FF spies in TFC. Traitor!

Tratos
24-07-06, 12:29
No, he was saying I have a nice tool which, of course, I do. ;)

N
Well i walked right into that one :( :p

calim
24-07-06, 13:21
tail -f console.log | grep "CLAN>.*Outpost.*under attack" && sendopsms

:angel: :D

Riddle
24-07-06, 13:25

:lol: LOL... opps nearly laughed out loud at work!

*nice work Nid always on the side of tradeskiller improvements in game or addons :)

NAPPER
24-07-06, 14:12

:D o_O

lol its better then phoning everyone i guess 8|

ive always wondered how ff have so many on in so little time

naphead
24-07-06, 18:01
I'd like to know how to control Winamp while playing NC2. I saw someone talking about it in chat channel, but I didn't catch it all. Does anyone know how this is done. I would like to switch songs, pause, fastforward, etc. winamp while ingame.

I will check this tool out Nid.

Mr Kot
24-07-06, 22:19
Woo.. found another handy use:

Make a rule to look for "You have been killed by" and you can announce on vent who got you without repping or waiting for a rezz :)

Nidhogg
24-07-06, 22:51
Another tip is to create rules that play appropriate sounds for when you change from one zone type to another. E.g. a warning sound when you enter a zone that you will lose SL for killing other runners.

N

Kayztah
25-07-06, 03:10
I want to use 2 rules with different sounds,
but each rule is playing the same sound. o_O

Any suggestions for my problem? :angel:

Pantho
25-07-06, 07:52
Nid, can you make it announce when your clan is mention or you name in alliance?

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 11:07
I want to use 2 rules with different sounds,
but each rule is playing the same sound. o_O

Any suggestions for my problem? :angel:
Hmm, this is a bug I thought I'd fixed in testing. The same applies to the balloon tip. The problem is that all of the rules are compiled together into a single large regular expression in order to optimise the search. However, it's not therefore immediately obvious which rule has matched when a hit is found and it's this matching logic which is at fault. I'll fix it hopefully later today.

@Pantho - yes, that's easy to do. Check out the user manual for a couple of examples that introduce rule syntax, but here's a hint...

Here's an example line of chat:
07-25-2006 10:00:45 > ALLIANCE> John Doe : I won't rest until all of ClanX is dead!

Assuming your clan is called "ClanX" then the following rule would work:

^.*ALLIANCE>.* : .*ClanX

If your clan has a number of nicknames then you could either do this:

^.*ALLIANCE>.* : .*(ClanX|ClanY|ClanZ)

Or you could create a group called MyClan with all the names in it and then change your rule to:

^.*ALLIANCE>.* : .*%MyClan%

The advantage of the group method is that it's easier to add and remove new alternatives, and you only have to do it once if you've used it in more than one rule.

N

Pantho
25-07-06, 11:19
Sweet im going to download it then... just im forever getting Black or some1 going "Panto XXX nib is shouting you on trade". and tbh.... who reads everyline

calim
25-07-06, 11:34
hey, i hope highlight feature will be implemented into the game when the chat system will be reviewed before the cronalyser becomes a full part KK's project selled within the gamebox ^^

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 11:34
Sweet im going to download it then... just im forever getting Black or some1 going "Panto XXX nib is shouting you on trade". and tbh.... who reads everyline
Precisely. That's why Cronalyser was developed. :)

N

/edit - @calim. Cronalyser isn't technically a Reakktor Media product (the word "product" has various legal connotations). It's just a freebie tool that you can choose to use or not. It won't be distributed with the product.

Tratos
25-07-06, 11:39
/edit - @calim. Cronalyser isn't technically a Reakktor Media product (the word "product" has various legal connotations). It's just a freebie tool that you can choose to use or not. It won't be distributed with the product.
I think people are just taking this to be ever so slightly more official due to the STORMie developer :p

calim
25-07-06, 11:54
I think people are just taking this to be ever so slightly more official due to the STORMie developer :p

Oh yes !

@nid : understand that's it's not reproach. This project is very good ! I'm just so demoralized that this is the "Community Liaison" who makes the more interesting enhancement to neocron i saw since a long time !!!!
I'm so afraid that that stays as a third party software !!! It makes me climb walls, i promess.

Can you understand that it can be scaring for us, neocron's long time players ?

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 12:46
You shouldn't read anything in to it that it was me who wrote it. As I said at the top I only did it to keep fresh with the latest developments in, er, development. ;) I'm glad you like it though!

@Kayztah - the bug has been found and fixed. A new version (1.0.1.1) will be uploaded to the servers at some point and I'll let everyone know when it's available. Until then, the version that's there works fine unless you want multiple sounds or balloons. There's no crash, it just plays every active rule's sound and the last rule's balloon.

N

calim
25-07-06, 13:48
You shouldn't read anything in to it that it was me who wrote it. As I said at the top I only did it to keep fresh with the latest developments in, er, development. ;) I'm glad you like it though!

N

Note that this was written "in my spare time" so to speak and is therefore supported on an "as is" basis, independently of the Necron product itself.

That's why i understood you written it :S (also, maybe because my english understanding is not as good as i thank :P )

netster
25-07-06, 14:03
great work guys, that will make alot easier on my sms-service for ff members.

TBH: will there ever be some kind of offline-client for ... dunno, get the clanchat stuff written on a RSS or a blank html-file(like XYZ-op layer1 down or something like an outgame worldmap)?

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 14:23
Version 1.0.1.1 is now online at the usual place (check my sig). This version fixes the issue with multiple sounds and/or balloons described above.

If you run this on top of 1.0.1.0 you'll notice that everything appears to have been reset. Do not be alarmed! Just exit Cronalyser, go into your documents and settings -> <user> -> Application Data -> Neocron Utilities -> Cronalyser folder and copy everything from the 1.0.1.0 folder over to the 1.0.1.1 folder and restart. You can delete the 1.0.1.0 folder if you wish.

/edit - another option is to just rename the folder from 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.1.1 before you run the new version for the first time.

@netster - I've been asked this by someone else too and it's highly unlikely that we'll get off-line annunciation of chat channels. The intention is to encourage people to play, not sit offline until something happens. ;)

@ Bishop Yutani - I'll write a more detailed reply to your PM later today when I get some free time.

N

Riddle
25-07-06, 15:20
Why is it? We see one of the best ideas for in game communication of events etc. which will noteably change gameplay for runners and in a welcome way!! Come from you NID? and as a third party tool , no offence but why not developed in game by the KK team?

If only mods where allowed from the community maybe this game would move along a little faster ;)

I miss NCPro :p

But seriously, Seems people are loving this great idea!

*applause

calim
25-07-06, 16:07
Why is it? We see one of the best ideas for in game communication of events etc. which will noteably change gameplay for runners and in a welcome way!! Come from you NID? and as a third party tool , no offence but why not developed in game by the KK team?

If only mods where allowed from the community maybe this game would move along a little faster ;)

I miss NCPro :p

But seriously, Seems people are loving this great idea!

*applause

Ouf ! I'm not alone to think that ^^ (and to ask myself if nidhogg is the author or not !?).

Kayztah
25-07-06, 17:56
I just checked the new version,
the keywords are listed in Cronalyser, but it doesnt play any sound !

:wtf:

Thx 4 help :angel:

Pantho
25-07-06, 18:09
Nid... Thats sexy. (Until clan m8s spam my name.... ignore list ftw)

And yes... It did take me 5 mins to find out how to turn sounds on....

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 18:10
I just checked the new version,
the keywords are listed in Cronalyser, but it doesnt play any sound !

:wtf:

Thx 4 help :angel:
Make sure you've ticked "Play Sounds" in the Rule menu and that your audio's not muted. ;) This definitely worked before it was uploaded. :p

I might default both of those settings to "on" in the next version.

N

Kayztah
25-07-06, 18:13
Sure i checked this, but i doesnt play any sounds.... o_O

Then i tried the same with the old Version, and it worked....

I'll check if i can find my error...

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 18:15
Anyone else having problems playing sounds?

@Pantho - you can create rules that only detect hits when certain things aren't in the line. This means you could create rules that ignore clan members talking about you and only let you know when a "stranger" mentions your name.

N

/edit - Sounds only work in "Free running" mode btw...
/edit2 - Do you get search hits in the output window? If you don't then there's an issue with your rule(s).

Kayztah
25-07-06, 18:26
Here's my Checklist, tell me, if theres a point i forgot:

Cronalyzer is running: OK
G:\Programme\neocron2\logs <-opened: OK
console.log ticked: OK
selected: Free Running: OK
Start Search selected: OK
Rule selected: OK
Play Sound ticked: OK
Sound File works: OK
Sound is not muted: OK

Everytime i say a keyword in Neocron2, it is listed in the Cronalyzer.exe
but without playing a sound...

Kayztah
25-07-06, 18:53
Found in CronalyserConfig.xml (1.0.1.1):

<ConfigName>soundAlertsEnabled</ConfigName>
<ConfigText>False</ConfigText>

If i turn it into True it works fine !

/Edit:
I think, you all renamed the 1.0.1.0 Folder to 1.0.1.1
and i used the new created Folder from Cronalyzer!

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 19:07
Yep, I mentioned that on the previous page. ;) Can I just check, is everything ok for you now?

N

Kayztah
25-07-06, 19:13
Everything works fine now!

For me - but if you use the first time version 1.0.1.1
you can't hear a sound, because the sound is still disabled by default !

So im sorry to say it, but i think you have to upload a new version ;)

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 19:38
I've cleared all config from my system, re-downloaded and run and I don't have any problems. It's natural that all the config will reset back to their defaults (sound and balloons disabled). Copying the config files from the old directory to the new one should rectify that problem, or simply re-selecting the option to play sounds.

I want to hold off any further changes until I get more information so if anyone else is having similar problems then please let me know.

N

/edit - Still, it's a lesson learned. I might put in an option to detect old config and ask the user whether s/he wants to automatically import and upgrade it to the new version.

netster
25-07-06, 20:16
@netster - I've been asked this by someone else too and it's highly unlikely that we'll get off-line annunciation of chat channels. The intention is to encourage people to play, not sit offline until something happens. ;)
not to be offensive or to say something stupid, but me as a hardcore neocrack-junkie .... would like to see something offline.. from work for example ;)

i dont mean something big or hell,lots features .... but for example: a moderated(+muted) irc-channel for offliners would be cool.... HELL with this tool + a free account, i could do it alone now with a neocron2-minimum requirement client+ircclient to push your data from your tool to the irc-client....

erm..... u know what i mean? :/

(sry to be offtopic a bit or 2bits)

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 21:47
I only have control over Cronalyser I'm afraid. I could probably develop something that could convert search hits into an RSS feed paving the way for a third-party to offer the functionality you require, but no more than that.

N

Mr Kot
25-07-06, 22:07
I can't get sounds to play either :(

The config.xml says True, the checkbox in the application is ticked, the soundfile is defined... but i just get the balloon on the hit, with the usual 'balloon' noise.

Should the application itself be able to play wav files, or does it load up mediaplayer or something? I have mediaplayer to play wavs by default.

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 22:14
Can you email me the WAV you're trying to play? -> milner@reakktor.com. Thanks.

N

/edit - Cronalyser does not require any other software to play sounds.

Mr Kot
25-07-06, 22:20
Mailed.

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 22:37
The WAV format acts as a wrapper. Cronalyser can only play uncompressed PCM WAVs, but the one you sent me is actually a compressed mp3 file wrapped in a wav. I'll see if it's possible to support this format in the future.

N

Mr Kot
25-07-06, 22:40
Doh, should have checked... my bad :p I'll tweak it and save it as a PCM WAV

Useful info though, in case others get only certain sounds to play.

/edit: saved as ADPCM wav now and it works a treat :)

Nidhogg
25-07-06, 22:51
Sweet, good news. :)

N

Mr Kot
25-07-06, 22:55
For the curious, the wav file i am using to announce outpost hacks can be found here. (http://www.wavsource.com/sfx/sfx2.htm) Just look for the file "Klaxon". It should wake you up ;)

Don't forget to convert it tho.

Bishop Yutani
26-07-06, 03:01
NIDDY, you said RSS! I read it!

You da man. As far as i know, no other MMO has an "offline" component. Neocron with Cronalyser could be the first.

Definately a feature worth advertising.

aKe`cj
26-07-06, 07:33
i dont mean something big or hell,lots features .... but for example: a moderated(+muted) irc-channel for offliners would be cool.... HELL with this tool + a free account, i could do it alone now with a neocron2-minimum requirement client+ircclient to push your data from your tool to the irc-client....

For that task you dont even need the tool - mIRC is perfectly able to read/write files itself. If there was a high demand for an IRC custom-channel echo, I wonder why no-one made it so far. :confused:

Apart from that, I dont think a RSS output for Cronalyzer is of much use.

Pantho
26-07-06, 09:01
i dunno... RSS feed for when you outpost gets attacked. even when you not signed in *_*

Doc Holliday
26-07-06, 09:58
nice work from the reports here.

I do have to admit the program to send texts to ff members was pretty funny as well. that is really dedicated to the game :p

RogerRamjet
26-07-06, 15:41
i dunno... RSS feed for when you outpost gets attacked. even when you not signed in *_*

Dont like the idea of that at all.

Bishop Yutani
26-07-06, 16:01
Apart from that, I dont think a RSS output for Cronalyzer is of much use.

I'm surprised to hear someone say that being that so many people complain about being bored with the game and not wanting to log in. With an RSS feed, they'll be able to know immediately when there's a special event, an OP being attacked, someone needs a tradeskiller, someone's badmouthing their clan, etc.

And they can even keep an eye on what goes on during off-peak hours while at work, or even when stuck at the parent's house for the holidays :lol:

IMO, it would keep people engaged and interested.

Spermy
26-07-06, 16:13
Would it be possible, say, to give cronalyser the ability to connect to the game servers, and monitor chat that way? Thinking of it as a passive logger? or, failing that connect to a shared webspace?

Over at SSX, we have a webchat that interfaces with our IRC channel. Using that to post comments in our #NC channel would be a godsend.

==========

This is by far one of the most useful and well documented tools I've seen. Wicked job.

Nidhogg
26-07-06, 16:20
Nope, sorry. Remember that Cronalyser is an independently-developed client-based tool to use alongside Neocron and other products that produce log files. There's no capability for it to be used as a tool for exposing server chat to the public.

Besides, the real value is in what Cronalyser can do for the logged in player based on his immediate surroundings (e.g. local chat, zone chat etc.) and you wouldn't get that from the server. What is local or even zone chat from the point of view of an entire server?) If someone wants to do that they could log a character into a safe zone and expose the results for public use by tagging something onto the log file that Cronalyser itself produces containing all the search hits.

N

Spermy
26-07-06, 16:22
Nope, sorry. Remember that Cronalyser is an independently-developed client-based tool to use alongside Neocron and other products that produce log files. There's no capability for it to be used as a tool for exposing server chat to the public.

Besides, the real value is in what Cronalyser can do for the logged in player based on his immediate surroundings (e.g. local chat, zone chat etc.) and you wouldn't get that from the server. What is local or even zone chat from the point of view of an entire server?) If someone wants to do that they could log a character into a safe zone and expose the results for public use by tagging something onto the log file that Cronalyser itself produces containing all the search hits.

N

Roger, roger nid.

Darkana
26-07-06, 17:25
NIDDY, you said RSS! I read it!

You da man. As far as i know, no other MMO has an "offline" component. Neocron with Cronalyser could be the first.

Definately a feature worth advertising.In regard to "openess" AO kills every other MMORPG I have seen so far. For example the public channels are accessible from a chat server, which you can connect to using a special client. That means you can chat ingame (except the channels which need game server feedback, see note from Nidhogg) without having to start the real client. Infact, based on this, there have been connections to IRC channels and even cross-server-connects; channel bots with tons of functionality like in IRC and so on. I dunno if anyone made the "OP" attack messages available to RSS feeds or short messages, but looking at what exists it's a small step if you want to have it.

Brammers
26-07-06, 18:49
Sorry an RSS feed of ops being actively being attacked is pointless, due the way RSS works. RSS feeds are "pulled" from a server by a RSS reader when they are needed, usually at a set time interval of say every 30 mins.

So in order to make sure you catch your op being hacked, you need a RSS client that checks the hacked ops RSS feed every 30 seconds? That's a lot of bandwidth, server resources etc when you got 200+ people checking the feeds.

If RSS feeds was "pushed" directly from the server to the clients, then yes a active list of ops being hacked RSS feed could be done, but to date I have not seen or heard of RSS being used this way.

Bishop Yutani
26-07-06, 20:49
very true brammers, but email is the same as rss - your client goes out and checks for it. The difference is that your RSS aggregator does it every 30 minutes, while your email client every 5 seconds.

We just need to decrease the amount of time in between updates to something nominal. Maybe 5 minutes would be good.

@ Darkana - oh well, it was worth a shot. :D

aKe`cj
26-07-06, 21:35
I'm surprised to hear someone say that...

Think again - having cronalizer RSS output is not of any use. Having an IRC or telnet or whatever based stream of your clients console.Log and clanies running cronalizer would. Instead of hooking cronalizer on their own console.log they'd use your generated output to track ig chat with their own search criteria while not having to log in. RSS is not made for live-streams ...its for news/ events & info with a lower frequency... creating an RSS output for each chatline ( multiple RSS feeds per minute) would be very stu..ineffective.

However - this is not really what the tools was intended for I guess and the possibility of streaming your console.log to the public was always there - no one ever bothered about it tho' ;)

Brammers
27-07-06, 00:21
@ Bishop Yutani - You check for email every 5 seconds? Think your system-admin is going to have a few words with you! ;)

Now I did look back to your first post in this thread. Sure you can make Cronalyser pick out WTS/WTB/WTT adverts, and maybe filter it off to a RSS feed, but there needs to be a fair amount of post-processing to make sure the advert is only shown once, and is selling something relevant. Also you would need NC to be running almost 24/7 on a spare PC and account.

However there isn't a suitable post processing output option in Cronalyser. I don't know what Nidhogg's plans are for the project are, but some way of allowing post processing add-ons would be needed.

P.S. Nidhogg - Feature request please! Could there also be an option to play a TTS (Text to speech) phrase when a rule is triggered?

Nidhogg
27-07-06, 01:05
However there isn't a suitable post processing output option in Cronalyser. I don't know what Nidhogg's plans are for the project are, but some way of allowing post processing add-ons would be needed.

P.S. Nidhogg - Feature request please! Could there also be an option to play a TTS (Text to speech) phrase when a rule is triggered?
Heh, version 2.0 will have add-in support. The user will be able to associate a rule with an add-in selected from a list of all installed add-ins.

The add-in itself will be a .NET assembly that you can drop into the Cronalyser config folder which will be picked up at runtime. The add-in will need to implement a specified Cronalyser interface, including methods for providing the name and author of the add-in, a form that Cronalyser will invoke when the user wishes to configure the add-in etc. It will also have to implement a single event which will be fired when a sucessful hit occurs. The custom event handler will be passed the line of text that matched the rule as well as the rule object (which contains the rule text as well as the sound and balloon information) and then it's up to the add-in to do whatever it wants with it.

Examples that have been requested include calling a web service to translate the line into German, English etc. convert the line to an RSS feed, call a text to speech interface... ;)

No timescale for V2 yet though as I'm currently working on a different but related aspect of Cronalyser.

Thinking longer term, V3 will probably separate the presentation layer from the business logic layer and expose the internals to allow users to customise the front-end. This could be just to wrap a cool Microsoft Expression GUI on top of it or to seamlessly integrate Cronalyser functionality into a larger composite application. This is a long-term aim.

N

/edit - bear in mind that this is a personal, spare-time hobby project, so no complaining when I don't implement mechs or V2 doesn't appear for ages. ;)

Bishop Yutani
27-07-06, 01:24
Brammers, well true it is enterprise conditions where outlook would check for mail every 5 seconds, but even if you were dealing with your ISP's mail, your client would still be checking every 30 maybe 60 seconds or so. Still plenty of time to make it in for an op fight, no?

aKe - i'm not sure i see the difference between putting the chat log into an RSS feed or irc/telnet. You're not proposing that the person who's offline is able to chat BACK into the game, right? I mean, while we're dreaming, we could ask for Nid to port NC2 to xbox360 and nokia phones too :D

We could debate it forever, though. Lets see what Nid has in store for the next version, and i'll continue to push him to make my ideas work. :lol:

Pantho
27-07-06, 06:01
Everytime it loads i get a error nid...
'C:\Documents and Settings\Pantho\Application Data\Neocron Utilities\Cronalyser\1.0.1.1\CronalyserRules.xml' because it is being used by another process.

Ill Delete the rules see if it works a second time...

worked for a day or two, then i closed the program when i reboot'd.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Pantho\Application Data\Neocron Utilities\Cronalyser\1.0.1.1\CronalyserRules.xml' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at b.b()
at p.aq(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Cronalyser
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.1
Win32 Version: 1.0.1.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Pantho/Desktop/Cronalyser.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

Nidhogg
27-07-06, 10:28
Can you email me your XML rules file and a more detailed description of what's happening and when? I'm not sure from your post whether this happens when you start Cronalyser (beginning of your post) or when you close it (end of your post). If anyone else has seen this problem please let me know.

N

Pantho
27-07-06, 10:37
i had to Delete the all of the *.xml , apart from the 2 Groups i had made.
It was when i open'd the program... i deleted them and re-made the rules the problem hasnt happend again... only had 2 rules.

^. : .*%clan%

^. : .*%chars%

^. : .*direct

:O thats 3 rules lol.

%clan%

had my clan name, and there abbrications

%chars%

Had my char names.

Brammers
27-07-06, 11:00
We could debate it forever, though. Lets see what Nid has in store for the next version, and i'll continue to push him to make my ideas work. :lol:

Yeap, we could debate this forever. ;) I forgot about Exchange, but I have a feeling the Exchange server tells the Outlook client, but I don't know for sure.

@ Nidhogg - I like what you are planning. Guess I'll have to wait for V2 for the plugin support.

Also I had an exception raised while opening one of the D3D log files by accident last night, I'll send more information when I get back to it.

Nidhogg
27-07-06, 12:05
There will be another v1 release at some point with much tighter exception handling. This will be necessary as a precursor to v3 because it won't be the case that you could just pop up a message box, you'd have to provide a means of throwing them out to whatever application is utilising your code.

BTW, at some point in the near future I want to move this discussion over to http://www.cronalyser.com as it's somewhat off-topic for these forums. I'll set up a faciliy to let people contribute to the roadmap process, report bugs, share rules and groups etc.

N

Tratos
27-07-06, 12:40
Joomla! Site Wooooooo!

Ahem, the new features sound good - is it possible to get Cronalyser to run over a network as in getting it to bring the triggers from one machine with Neocron to one without? Even when im in game i sometimes dont pay attention to the chat channels so the other machine i run MSN on and such shouting at me with such things as "OMFG LOOK AT THE MAP YOU STUPID TIT" would be cool. :p

Nidhogg
27-07-06, 13:10
Cronalyser's file watcher will work over a local area network. Just browse through "My Network Places" or map a drive to a share on the Neocron machine. Cronalyser itself can be installed on any machine with the .NET Framework 2.0 or later - it doesn't need Neocron to be installed.

N

Tratos
27-07-06, 13:25
Cool, thanks Nid.

Pantho
27-07-06, 14:33
Cronalyser's file watcher will work over a local area network. Just browse through "My Network Places" or map a drive to a share on the Neocron machine. Cronalyser itself can be installed on any machine with the .NET Framework 2.0 or later - it doesn't need Neocron to be installed.

N

sweet

RogerRamjet
27-07-06, 18:34
Roger, roger nid.

Huh?

:confused:

Nidhogg
28-07-06, 01:11
www.cronalyser.com is now up and running. It's not perfect by any stretch (there's an issue with the FAQ not being accessible) but it should be enough for now.

There's a fairly neat support system installed on the site so please use that from now on to log any bugs. If I'm at my PC you should be able to kick off a live chat too. No abuse, or else! :p

N

Doc Holliday
28-07-06, 07:47
Thanks for the new sig. :)

Tratos
28-07-06, 11:51
Nice looking website! the banner area is funky although the actual top banner where it reads cronalyser is a bit iffy to read. If you need any assistance with Joomla! send me a PM as i've been using it for a while although i assume you probably wont :p but dont be discouraged by the terrible appearance of my website, lol

EDIT: ahem, the page isn't XHTML nor CSS valid, cough... *flees teh hammer of Nid*

Brammers
28-07-06, 12:24
Welcome to the Joomla club Nidhogg. ;)

*Looks at XHTML problem* Ok so where are these <strong> tags in the source that the validator is picking up? I think the validator isn't quite working right...

P.S. Likewise if you need any Joomla help, send me a PM as well.

Edit: P.P.S. The FAQ section/catergory - Is both the section and catergory published in the admin backend?

Riddle
28-07-06, 12:24
Nice website Nid, time to get yourself on the NC webring :)

Tratos
28-07-06, 12:34
Odd, i dont get a reading for wrong <strong> tags! Just the really anal problems caused by apostrophes and missing alt tags on images. That one really gets on my nerves!

Nidhogg
28-07-06, 13:06
I've completely replaced that Cronalyser logo (which was naff) with something a little more restrained. Some of the XHTML errors are in my FAQ section which is still WIP, the others are in the template itself. I'll sort them out when I get a minute.

If any of you Joomla gurus can suggest some decent reading it would be appreciated. The documentation appears to be woeful so far and I've just winged it in order to get where I am now. Before I can add any real content I'll need a much better handle on how the whole thing works. ;)

Still, it's not bad for an evening's work.

N

Skusty
28-07-06, 13:15
Nidd, aint it, V.I.P? Not W.I.P. :lol:

Tratos
28-07-06, 13:20
WIP being Work in Progress Skusty :p

Brammers
28-07-06, 13:50
If any of you Joomla gurus can suggest some decent reading it would be appreciated. The documentation appears to be woeful so far and I've just winged it in order to get where I am now. Before I can add any real content I'll need a much better handle on how the whole thing works. ;)

Still, it's not bad for an evening's work.

N

It took myself and Tratos a little while to figure the in's and out's of Joomla when it was setup on the THN a year ago. Here's a few links to get you started.

The Joomla FAQ Forum http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?board=49.0 Thats got quite a few good stickied posts.

One thread that is definatly worth reading is Anna's Joomla tips - http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,5503.0.html These tips were written before the Joomla/Mambo split, so there are some old references to Mambo, and some older plugins, but it is still 95% relevant.

Nidhogg
28-07-06, 14:48
Thanks, I'll take a look at that this evening.

N

Skusty
28-07-06, 21:15
Nidd, i got a question, will you use this program to scan chats for stuff that is against the rules? I just got a thougth about this.

Nidhogg
28-07-06, 22:08
Nidd, i got a question, will you use this program to scan chats for stuff that is against the rules? I just got a thougth about this.
The topic has come up in conversation. It's a theoretical possibility but it's not my department so I can't say "yay" or "nay".

N

Nidhogg
30-07-06, 18:05
Nice website Nid, time to get yourself on the NC webring :)
Added. ;) The site is now pretty much complete. There are forums for registered users as well as a single (moderated) support forum that unregistered users can access.

N

RogerRamjet
30-07-06, 18:34
The topic has come up in conversation. It's a theoretical possibility but it's not my department so I can't say "yay" or "nay".

N

Would this mean even conversations in direct/clan/buddy would be monitered, if it was implemented?

Skusty
30-07-06, 19:29
I ment Public chats. Not private chats. Otherwise we could sue Reakktor for invading peoples privatelives.

By the way, what's with the option " I'm interested in using it with WoW" in the poll?

Nidhogg
30-07-06, 19:35
As far as I'm aware there are no plans to use Cronalyser on server chat logs.

@Skusty - Cronalyser will work with any program that outputs a text log file. Part of the reason for Cronalyser is to get it into wider distribution as a means of pointing people back at Neocron. ;)

N

-FN-
01-08-06, 01:07
Made Cronalyser.com active on the webring :)

Is there a place of example or possible predefined rules that I'm missing? I was hoping to find them in the manual, but didn't see any.

Generic rules/groups for all tradeskiller types, clan-related activities, etc would be helpful for those of us with very little free time :(

Also, I saw the alert abilities of play a sound and use a popup - how about send an email? Most cell phone/SMS/Pager services have an email counterpart. I'm not sure how FF does their "Text Msg on Attack" thing, but it'd be handy for the rest of us :p

PS - What is the Cronalyser good for if I synch out after alt+tabbing for a few minutes *sigh* :(

Mr Kot
01-08-06, 02:28
I'm not sure how FF does their "Text Msg on Attack" thing, but it'd be handy for the rest of us :p
Dude, if you're referring to that pic i posted, it's not for real. I was taking the piss :p

Would be handy though ;)

-FN-
01-08-06, 02:55
Dude, if you're referring to that pic i posted, it's not for real. I was taking the piss :p

Would be handy though ;)
Well the reality of it is if you can send the event from Cronalyser to an email address that is a mailing list of people's Cell Phone Txt Msg Email addresses... instant Txt Msg from console log. calim quoted it easiest with his shell script line, but unfortunately NC doesn't run in Linux :p

Nidhogg
01-08-06, 10:25
Emailing or texting will be the kind of thing you could do with an add-in in version 2.0.

If anyone has any example rules or groups then feel free to either send them to me or, better still, create an account on Cronalyser.com (http://www.cronalyser.com) and submit a news article containing the information directly.

N

Pantho
01-08-06, 16:08
I cant run it over a network... I can find the log file over network places. But it just doesnt work.... Select the rule , click free running, nothing.

Nidhogg
01-08-06, 17:08
Make sure you've enabled the global options to displays balloons and play sounds on the rule menu. Also make sure that your rules are ok.

Are you monitoring a Neocron chat log or some other file? If the file is locked then Cronalyser will be unable to monitor it.

N

-FN-
02-08-06, 03:29
I was gonna ask this on the cronalyser forums, but I guess it's more of an NC question...

I'm assuming this is best used having NC minimized and going about your business on your computer. Is there anything I can do to stop NC from Synching out when alt+tabbed? Portmapping or something? Maybe an .ini file setting?

I'm really digging the Cronalyser, but I'm hitting this real limit in it's usage.

PS
Please add a preference to be able to minimize the application to the system tray ;)

Nidhogg
02-08-06, 10:57
It's not necessarily for running with Neocron minimised. The idea is to draw your attention to certain important events when you don't have the time to watch the chat window. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about Neocron syncing out and can only advise contacting tech@neocron.com for assistance.

N

/edit - do you have Windows configured to give priority to foreground tasks? It could be that when you minimise it Neocron is being starved of resources.

/edit2 - The minimise to tray idea has been asked for by a couple of people now and in all honesty I was going to include it in V1. It'll probably go into v2 now though. Please post the request in the Cronalyser forums - go on, be the first. ;)