PDA

View Full Version : Mr jones quest question ( spoiler alert )

Castagere
22-07-06, 05:44
When i go to talk to the hooker,these guys show up.She asks me to get em. Sorry if this seems silly but,do have to kill these guys and won't the cops show up and waste me for attacking in the city ? And i notice they are 10/10 lvl'ed mob. I'm 1/9,won't they waste me?

eprodigy
22-07-06, 06:52
you can shoot as much as you want in the city, cops dont care. except for safe zones but you can't pull the weapons there anyway.

they will just kill you if you have very low soullight, but i'm guessing those guys are red to you so you wont lose SL.

it might be a tough fight. i've done that mission on a new tank though and the newb grenade launcher worked fine I think.

Castagere
22-07-06, 12:41
What is soul light for anyways ? Also they surround the girl. Won't the launcher kill the girl too?

yuuki
22-07-06, 13:40
the girl is invincible :p

sl is something that is supposed to stop ppl from random pking (doesn't work ofc :D )
the higher your sl the harder your belt is to hack. if your sl drops below -32 or so you'll loose your safeslot and drop 5 items instead of 1 when you die. oh and guards will start shooting at you

Scanner Darkly
23-07-06, 21:38
Also -32 SL will list you on the Citycom NCPD bad boy list, which reveals your location to other players. I guess that can be a perk if you're evil ;)

vices
24-07-06, 10:14
Also -32 SL will list you on the Citycom NCPD bad boy list, which reveals your location to other players. I guess that can be a perk if you're evil ;)
Afaik I am usually still on the list until I reach -15 SL where the non-faction guards (DOY security guards, copbots) don't shoot anymore. Then again I'm not 100% sure it's -16 where they list you or if it's -32

NAPPER
24-07-06, 10:19
Afaik I am usually still on the list until I reach -15 SL where the non-faction guards (DOY security guards, copbots) don't shoot anymore. Then again I'm not 100% sure it's -16 where they list you or if it's -32

i think its -16

Pantho
24-07-06, 10:23
aye -16 and DoY/Canyon gaurds still own your ass

-32 and CM and Pro city gaurds are soft and squishy still

NAPPER
24-07-06, 10:30
Why is it that doy guards kick ass when they fire on you but when city admin guards shoot you it doesn’t hurt as much

Scanner Darkly
24-07-06, 18:15

My mistake - I'm a good guy you know! ;)

Riddle
25-07-06, 10:03
won't the cops show up and waste me for attacking in the city ?

That quest iirc is in Pepper park where there are no police! They don't patrol more static really.

Ever thought of getting the help of another runner? they can help you kill them and you still complete the quest :D Who said you had to go alone ;)