PDA

View Full Version : Login/Syncronization Problems

unreal
20-07-06, 01:14
Since I've been playing Neocron today I've had severe problems with the server (you might be thinking "eh that's normal" but I mean more than normal :p). When attempting to login first of all with the correct username and password (haven't made any typing errors), it begins the usual connect procedure, but then just returns back to the username/password entry form. Earlier a few "Connection abort" messages were being thrown in now and then too.

If I'm lucky enough to actually login, I'll typically be stuck in permanent sync. When I first decided to login, I counted being stuck in sync 15 times in a row. Then I connected successfully, and being in J02 I ran East to zone into J03, then guess what happens? I get stuck in permanent sync, and the same login problems repeat themselves.

As far as the zoning is concerned, it's not the rubber band effect, I have vSync on, and also don't have any active file transfers or anything that would whore away my bandwidth. After doing a few quick tests, I found packets aren't currently being lost on their journey to the server and back, and visa versa. The pings are also a healthy 40-50ms.

Yesterday, when on another account, the username and password was unchanged and 100% correct, yet I tried logging in, and got the message that the account didn't exist, twice in a row, then I got a few of the problems described above, before being able to login successfully.

Grolsch mentioned just now that he had the exact same sort of problems yesterday. Anyone else been experiencing the same thing?

aKe`cj
20-07-06, 01:21
known issue - kk is looking into it. (stated by chenoa a few ago)

unreal
20-07-06, 06:12
I gather it's Chenoa's most recent post in the German section then?
Hier wird definitiv nicht gespammt !

Die Probleme sind bekannt und in Arbeit, Server sind aber eigentlich alle wieder da !
Wenn was wichtiges sein sollte, gerne hier posten, ansonsten NO SPAM !
Here becomes not definitive spam!

The problems are well known and in work, servers are however actual everyone again there! If what important should be, gladly here post, otherwise NO SPAM!Would be nice if someone could do a decent translation of this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134822) so it makes sense (Thanks if you do!). Even better if Nidhogg or Chenoa can say something.

PS. It seems to be back to normal now anyway. (Touch wood)

Bozz-Von Mel
20-07-06, 18:34
I had the same problem about 3 months ago. Never had a resolution. I thought my ISP may have been blocking me, but he said no. My connection is rather weak, but it worked for the first couple months before suddenly coming to a halt.

eprodigy
20-07-06, 19:03
yeah yesterday was horrible syncing problems. had to relog almost every time I zoned or GR'd.

unreal
20-07-06, 23:33
Hmm, it's started happening all over again. Username and password is correct, no error messages being shown, I attempt to login, and it throws me back to the username/password screen every single time.

unreal
21-07-06, 07:55
Was finally able to login earlier, and a while ago, but yet again it just started happening. It happened three times just now (06:40 BST) before letting me progress to the server list, then the ordeal started over again, currently unable to login. I guess from receiving no official message here it's being shrugged off as one of those Level3 connection problems that usually go away?

The connection problems we all continually suffer should get a seeing to at some point. All the people I know on Terra have noticed the problems seem to becoming worse, and to me that's all too clear right now. I used to be one of the lucky ones who rarely got syncronization problems, only one in about 10 of my logins were bad, but these days that number has increase dramatically, to about 5 or 6 out of 10.

Now the new problem of not being able to login when I want to is going to peev me off quite a bit more.

Riddle
21-07-06, 09:33
Unlucky m8 :( Hopefully they will sort it for you :angel:

Bozz-Von Mel
22-07-06, 05:19
I couldnt play for a couple months because of the constant sync. It finally came up a couple days ago and I re-activated one account. I still have about a 1100 ping at best. Lets see how it goes.

unreal
29-07-06, 11:34
Shame no officials responded here about the worsening issues, especially where me and others were having issues just logging in to our accounts with the correct username/password. We haven't even told to email the Helpdesk yet at the very least, heh.

Along with the balancing, is anyone working on improving the way we're able (or more specifically these days, unable) to login and syncronize to the server successfully? ie. Some resyncronization loop to request missing/bad data until we recieve all of it would only be a "bandaid" to the problem, as it could still take quite a while for some of us to login, but, it would make things a lot easier and less annoying for us in the meantime.

Login --> Stuck in sync --> Yay. Relogin --> Stuck in sync again --> Fucking yay. Repeat that process several times and you're having lots of fun. The screenshot I attached from yesterday is an example of what I just described; which most of us have to put up with pretty much all day long when trying to play Neocron. Something that should take 10minutes (like going to the FSM to buy something for someone) ends up taking more than 30minutes.

I would have thought being able to login effectively and reliably is even more important than balancing the classes. What good is balancing if you can't login half the time? Hopefully at least one person will look into it at some point.

calim
29-07-06, 12:35
388 437 777 NC ? My god .... It's good to be unreal ...

Nidhogg
29-07-06, 13:11
Shame no officials responded here about the worsening issues,
The forums aren't part of the support service so writing threads instead of emailing helpdesk@neocron.com serves little purpose other than to gather experiences from other customers. That's ok but there's no point then complaining that you're not getting official support if you don't first contact our support people.

N

Mighty Max
29-07-06, 13:38
If you are having synch problems regulary on your system, it might not be wise to log out in an overloaded appartment, as this will definately increase network traffic on login.

Doesn't mean someone responsible shouldnt look into the login timings/code.

calim
29-07-06, 13:40
The forums aren't part of the support service so writing threads instead of emailing helpdesk@neocron.com serves little purpose other than to gather experiences from other customers. That's ok but there's no point then complaining that you're not getting official support if you don't first contact our support people.

N

Why ? You don't want other players to see what's it's going really anoying and bad for the game ? It's upseting me ! We all need official notes about this problem - this is a general problem - sync issues, suddent deaths after relog and better. You know all of this and we don't need to send individual mails to helpdesk for that, just an official note, here. (anyway it's a chance to get an answer from the helpdesk ...) Don't say that's it's for logistic and administrative reasons ... And i still think a public bugtracker is the answer to that, even if it can bring more exploiter.

EDIT - and what about increase debug level ( mean, increase verbosity when syncing ) so maybe players can see themselves if it's client or server ? Or just display an error code, i don't know !!!

unreal
29-07-06, 14:16
388 437 777 NC ? My god .... It's good to be unrealheh, yeah, I wish I had that much cash. :p
The forums aren't part of the support service so writing threads instead of emailing helpdesk@neocron.com serves little purpose other than to gather experiences from other customers. That's ok but there's no point then complaining that you're not getting official support if you don't first contact our support people.I wasn't asking for support, I was asking for confirmation as to whether or not Reakktor have noticed it or even care about the matter, since Chenoa apparantly mentioned something on the German forum after someone probably mentioned the same thing as me, which unfortunately I can't read, since I don't know much German.
If you are having synch problems regulary on your system, it might not be wise to log out in an overloaded appartment, as this will definately increase network traffic on login.Happens wherever I am, no matter how many runners/mobs/objects are in the locale. I just happened to be in my trophy apartment at the time of the screenshot I attached. It was a nice screenshot to show, not just because of the sexy trophies, but because I was sync bugged and appeared to have 388million in cash. :rolleyes:

After buying a PE PA3 for that person, I switched back to the character I was originally on, which was sat at crp and the usual sync battle started all over again. The only things nearby were a single fire mob that's still stuck inside the wall and has been for a couple of days now, and Darkana who seems to spend 24/7 researching on her monk. :)

Nidhogg
29-07-06, 15:01
Why ? You don't want other players to see what's it's going really anoying and bad for the game ? It's upseting me !
How does my saying that it's fine to gather public opinion to see if the problem is widespread equate to me not wanting other players to see?

@Unreal, you're not understanding my point. The people who will know whether we've noticed a problem are manning our support desk. You say you're not asking for support but that's precisely what you are asking for. Have you emailed helpdesk yet?

N

/edit - if you were having problems with a car you'd bought, would you:

a) Stand outside the garage and ask people walking in out whether they'd had similar problems, mumbling all the while that no one's come out to talk to you,
b) Go into the garage and ask to speak to someone who can help?

calim
29-07-06, 15:11
How does my saying that it's fine to gather public opinion to see if the problem is widespread equate to me not wanting other players to see?
N

a player who gather public opinion for this kind of issues is also, most of the time asking for support...
And to answer the gathering, i'll say i have syncing problem, like many other players : do i need to open an helpdesk ticket ? Do you ask for every players having this issue to open an helpdesk ticket :lol:

( what you quoted is not all that i wrote !?)

unreal
29-07-06, 15:29
The difference being, the people in the garage will probably be able to help. This isn't so with the past experiences I've had from the Helpdesk. I don't want some copy and pastable response off someone who isn't going to answer my question properly in the first place. And that's not meant as an insult, it's just the experience I've had with them. On the good side, I've had one good response and that's when Click2Pay started a load of hassle randomly saying my credit card was now invalid when it simply wasn't.

The word "support" in this context is always defined as helping (ie. helping someone with a problem). I'm not exactly being helped here, I just want to know if Reakktor see these issues as a problem, and whether they're doing anything about it.

PS. The people walking in and out of the garage could be working there, or just happen to know the answer to the question. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
29-07-06, 18:57
Do you ask for every players having this issue to open an helpdesk ticket :lol:
Yes please. The more people who contact us the more chance we've got of finding a connection which might help us provide a resolution.

N

Bozz-Von Mel
30-07-06, 06:03
I did contact the help desk and got an answer. However, it seemed to be a general resolution which did not address the issue. I was sent to the same help page that I was using to try to resolve the issue on my own. I tried to give as many details as I could. I found a thread like this could be helpfull in hope that someone had a similar issue.

leomaxwell973
24-09-06, 01:34
iam having simmalar issues, for your confirmation, i dont really understand it seeing as how npcs load, enviorment loads, i can chat and watch other palyers move yet i cannot. but i guess ill just wait for a reply from the help desk, i just hope it dosnt take so long that ill have to start crying about a refund.

P.S. Bozz-Von Mel are you a 13f?

NAPPER
24-09-06, 01:40
i had the same prob on mars i crashed i couldnt get back in agem till i restarted my pc and then everything was fine

Trivaldi
24-09-06, 11:03
Please do not bump old threads, there is a thread based on the current connection problems here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135851). leomaxwell973 please don't cross post and continue to use your previous thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=135861), thanks.

Thread Closed.

Triv