PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

ArcAngel_Slayer
18-07-06, 17:45
To edit the ingame sounds without effecting the game?

I've done this for a few other games. (admitedly not MMO's)

I just had the thought that I could change some of the music in the clubs to tracks I like? :D

I know this is pointless but I'd like to do it. it wouldn't be effecting gameplay so if figure it would be ok. it depends wether the system checks the integrity of all the files.

Have any of the mods got any ideas? Don't want to waid in and get my account suspended for editing a sound file.

Also is it possible to allow music to run in say in an apartment?

I think it would be pretty cool to allow yourself to play some of your favourite tracks while repairing your armour?

I know a simple solution would be to put media player in the background!:rolleyes:

Arc

SorkZmok
18-07-06, 17:47
Some time ago people were allowed to change ingame models and sound and things but after quite a few hacks came out of that, KK changed the rules. You are not allowed to change anything anymore, not even the hud or the crosshair.

Wish they'd release some official mods or would test and allow several player made ones, there's some neat huds, crosshairs, item gfx and even sound mods around.

:(

Roc-a-fella
18-07-06, 17:50
There used to be this cool thing.... yeahhh, the helpdesk button in the top right corner was citycom and could be brought up anywhere and it still had the "Last Location" fo runners box after they removed it :eek: That was fun :angel:

LiL T
19-07-06, 00:20
Your not allowed to change sounds but I'm pretty sure you are allowed to edit the music track list, I have never done that my self i use winamp while playing . But it really needs a mod to post here to say if its allowed or not but I'm pretty sure you can change the music, just nothing else.

Editing ini files are allowed and changing the music only needs to change the ini file to point to what ever track you want played........ I think :p so it would be best you have a mod tell you its ok, PM nidhogg

SorkZmok
19-07-06, 02:52
There used to be this cool thing.... yeahhh, the helpdesk button in the top right corner was citycom and could be brought up anywhere and it still had the "Last Location" fo runners box after they removed it :eek: That was fun :angel:The hacked citycom, right. I still know a fuckload of people whining about getting banned for using it. Stupid idiots tbh, hacking is hacking no matter what. :)

LiL T
19-07-06, 03:01
I see some trouble tonight :lol::lol::lol:

Uho
19-07-06, 04:13
[ edited ]

Pantho
19-07-06, 04:26
Your kidding right...

They got new accounts already...

Those fuckers never stay banned.

ZoVoS
19-07-06, 07:46
mods were.... alowed... or rather just ignored a long time ago... before kk took the strong stance that no modifications could be made to the game because people were taking libertys

Asurmen Spec Op
19-07-06, 07:53
We can all blame the hackers for our lack of custom things, thank you asshats.

giga191
19-07-06, 12:20
Your kidding right...

They got new accounts already...

Those fuckers never stay banned. ofc not, they are KK's biggest source of revenue

Nidhogg
19-07-06, 12:47
I'll remind you one time of SnowCrash's warning (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134775), especially the part about being banned for discussing exploits or those banned by exploits on the forums...

Don't say I didn't warn you.

N

Roc-a-fella
19-07-06, 21:07
I only used it to greif people i really didnt like at the time :angel:

Once they caught on i removed it so there was no trade keke lala :lol:

EDIT; What i meant to say is, hacks are bad. People who use hacks are bad. And those people are very, very bad people.

Asurmen Spec Op
19-07-06, 22:06
I'll remind you one time of SnowCrash's warning (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134775), especially the part about being banned for discussing exploits or those banned by exploits on the forums...

Don't say I didn't warn you.

N
well the primary discussion is can he change the club music sounds. We just jump around alot ;)

ArcAngel_Slayer
19-07-06, 22:39
yep, bounce here there and everywhere!

As its not exploitabe, or majorly game changing.

Out of pure curiousity can it be done?

Arc

Asurmen Spec Op
19-07-06, 22:51
yep, bounce here there and everywhere!

As its not exploitabe, or majorly game changing.

Out of pure curiousity can it be done?

Arc
I highly doubt it honestly, KK has a zero tolerance policy twords game modification. they dont even want the HUD or Crosshair being changed.
It might be different for the music things. But youd have to ask the niddy

aKe`cj
19-07-06, 23:07
there was a similar question on the german boards quite some time ago (concerning the rpos hum it was).. the answer was simple, clear & crisp: NO MODIFICATIONS.

I havent seen any public statement that this has changed in the meanwhile.. so I guess the answer to your question is no.

Nidhogg
19-07-06, 23:52
It's permitted to change the bgmusic.ini file to point at other tracks if you wish.

N

ArcAngel_Slayer
19-07-06, 23:58
Thanks Niddy!:D

I'll give it a go!

EDIT:/ wow thanks thats really simple to do!, I wasn't expecting it to be that simple!

Thanks again Niddy

Arc

CMaster
20-07-06, 00:00
It's permitted to change the bgmusic.ini file to point at other tracks if you wish.

N

Heh, beaten to it. BUt yeah, thats the legit way of changing your music, and in fact the easiest. THe amount of people who go around replacing their music files despite this being availble shocks me.