PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

ArcAngel_Slayer
17-07-06, 11:49
I recently realised that I just wanted to place some implants in, well I'm a pistolPE and I've devoted all my xp on combat releated skills.

Now I've heard about drugs that can temporarly boost individual sub skills eg Nightshade which is for implanting right?

well I have very low level implants I want to place in, where is this available? and is there another way, I've also heard of memory loss drugs how do these work? do I loose anything from using these?

The only reason I'm asking this is because so far I haven't been able o get a poke. not many seem to be on.:(

Cheers guys!

Arc

silent000
17-07-06, 13:18
basically lol "NightShade" isnt the right drug its Nightspider that helps u with poking skill, and if u want to poke urself go buy a personal implant tool and spec some skill into the skill 'Implant' in Intelligence The memory loss 'implants' u are reffering too are not implants they are called LOM pills which makes u loose a small amount of XP and takes 5 skill points off of the skill u want to remove and its free to spend anyway u want afta that.

Hope that helped :P

John Wu
17-07-06, 13:22
nightspider is one of the few drugs thats only available from black dragon fsm - so either find yourself a dealer or buy some samples and recycle them yourself.

Riddle
17-07-06, 13:33
Your probably gonna have to spec some points if you want to be self sufficient in "poking" i.e implanting.

As a PE your Max int is base 60 iirc, so an implant glove is a little way off I would assume because it has a 60 INT requirement.
An implant glove is worn as you wear a psi glove but gives a +15 Implant bonus.

As above post the drug you need is Nightspider gives +16 Implant and is a ten minute drug. Not available in shops but many runners have it. (can be recycled/BP'd).

You'll need a Personal implant tool and Gel as your implant levels increase.

As for LOM(Loss of Memory) Pills.
Available in shops but cheaper at OutPosts allow you to redistribute points into different skills.

The pill will, in exchange for a slight loss of XP release 5 points to redistribute.

However if you are very close to the previous level it will not release points on that pill but will on the next.

They are not really a good idea at low levels due to this plus you must have 5 points in that skill to release, so if you have only 3 points in a skill you must put it up to 5 before the pill will release 5. IT WILL NOT release 3.

Hope this helps

silent000
17-07-06, 13:38
What he said ^^^ :D

unreal
17-07-06, 14:08
The pill will, in exchange for a slight loss of XP release 5 points to redistribute."Slight" depending on the level. I wouldn't class 1million or so XP per LOM pill at level 100 as "slight". ;) But considering he's a PE, his int will overcap extremely before he gets close to capping dex, and won't have to worry about the loss there.

PE's can't really afford to have too much poke skill, depending on the weapons you'll need quite a lot of weapon lore, and quite a lot of psi use to cast your spells quickly, which won't leave many points spare.

You won't really need to aim for the 115 implant skill required to stick MC5 implants in, especially if you're still low/medium level. Aim for about 64 implant skill. As mentioned already, Nightspider gives you 16 implant skill. Another thing worth having (not only because of the hacking/agility increase) is the Spy booster 1, which will give you an extra 4 to implanting.

64 + 16 + 4 = 84 = The highest TL of the non-mc5 implants. :)

Later on, depending on the implants you're using, you'll be able to use the Implant Glove, which will help getting you closer to 115 if you decide to go down that road, or simply allow you to stick with the 84 overall skill, letting you free up more points for either weapon lore or psi use.

If you're gonna be picky, as everyone should be as a PE, you could lose 1 implant skill to drop down to 83. 84 skill is required for the Special Science CPU, and you won't be needing that if you're a combat character.

ArcAngel_Slayer
17-07-06, 14:14
Thanks for the tips guys,

Appreciate it!:D

Arc