PDA

View Full Version : [OT]10tacle's new shoot?

netster
16-07-06, 22:56
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=35528&mode=thread&order=0

ashley watts
16-07-06, 23:12
OMG, Thanks for making our game like that :mad:

Apocalypsox
16-07-06, 23:14
for fucks unholy sake...someone bitchslap Tentacle and tell them to give our god damn game those graphics before they make some god damn ELF mmo

unreal
16-07-06, 23:16
It's not "new" as such, it's been in development for way over a year or two now. Screenies look sexy though. I can't wait till Alan Wake comes out. lol

Heavyporker
16-07-06, 23:22
Wait, that's an MMO? I thought it was singleplayer.

Shitfucking jizzslurping buttpunchers.

I want that same quality of graphics for Neocron, dammit. The graphics alone would dropkick Neocron into contention for top 20 MMOs, instead of like.... 3009445th place right now.

Grrrrrr.

RogerRamjet
16-07-06, 23:24
What.

The.

Fuck.

naimex
17-07-06, 00:32
What.

The.

Fuck.

Fuck.

The.

What.

... looks nice.

CMaster
17-07-06, 00:40
OMG! FIFA2007 has awesome graphics! Someone bitchslap EA and have them make The Sims (one, not two) look like that!
But goddamn, it sounds unoriginal (evlelon that is). Play MMOs as elves! Doing elvy stuff! in their happy ways!

aKe`cj
17-07-06, 01:46
a) It's singleplayer
b) It's 10tacles #1 project, budget lies arround 20-30 million euros. They aim to ship a AAA game and they need to make sure its a financial success... there's simply more elve-fetishists out there.
c) 10tacle Asia has started work on a nextgen sci-fi MMO - they'll get kinky gfx as well.. not quite the u3 engine .. close enough tho'. Due to ship in 2008.
d) Porting NC2 to a new engine is probably more work than a complete redesign. In short: stop going on about it, it is simply not gonna happen.

oh .. and "new shoot"? They've been developing Elveon FOR AGES.

Tsukasa
17-07-06, 01:49
if you want neocron 2 to look like that then just sit down and do a full remodeling and reskinning of the entire game and submit it to Reakttor and they may even update the game to look like that. If you do a good enough job they may even be willing to give you a free month of game time!!! ^_^

Heavyporker
17-07-06, 02:28
Wait, what? 20-30 million euros?

What the fuck?

That's *more* than enough to turn Neocron into some sort of ungodly juggernaut on the MMO scene.

CMaster
17-07-06, 09:27
No, not really.
Neocron is a poisoned name. And the fact is 10Tacle expect to see this money back in relativly short term - an MMO, especially a cyberpunk one isnt the best bet for that.
But its just like when people say "OMG somebody should just buy Neocron off KK and do it right". It doesn't make ANY sort of sense for anybody to do that. What does Neocron have that would be worth aquiring?
A succesful brand name? Nope, more negative conotations than bad, and people feel they have already tried it
A good engine? Nope, first thing most players want an external investor to replace
Quality content for porting? Not really. The graphics models, while some are quite good are relativley low poly-count, hence unlikley to be of use in a different engine. The levels, ditto.
A substantial existing userbase? Looking at the populations, more like a small and looking at the forums, bitter one
Original, useful Intellectual Property: Well, the story and background are KKs unique IP, as are some of the systems within. However its all fairly derivative cyberpunk/post apoc/rpg stuff. A team could develop their own quickly enough.
Good infrastructure? A few server clusters in germany, connected to a line with frequent network issues. Nothing US side at all

If people wanted a cyberpunk FPSMMO, they should just make their own - it makes nil business and even less artistic sense to buy Neocron. That isn't to say its a bad game however - for all the problems, something deep down makes us love it. It could do with investment - maybe 10T will provide that, but I suspect they are happy enough to see it slowly slip away. But dont expect some megabucks to descend from the sky and buy NC and make all the problems go away. That simply won't happen. You may see an NC rival released one day however.

giga191
17-07-06, 10:04
haha so true cmaster. Why would someone buy the game, when they would have to re-make the whole thing anyway. Neocron isn't a real FPS anyway, the bullets track you. In fact, if NC was an FPS, blizzard could turn WoW into an FPS in one day ^^. Just add some hit boxes and a reticle as a targetting system and it's just as good an FPS as nc.

EDIT: altho to be fair, plasma shots do work like an FPS, most guns don't, so it kind of makes me wonder why they would put that kind of strain on the game if they aren't gonna use it for every gun.

jini
17-07-06, 10:34
Giga, matey, bullets track you for added effects they have made bullets speed slow. They could have made them run as in reality but then what's the point? You wouldnt see anything out of them. Neocron is an 1PS as well as a 3PS and what's making us loving it is the amount of skill required to play this game. This is the true success of the game and its uniquness: the thing you login and you dont know/cant tell if today you are in shape for pvp or suck (of course you know, I never suck ;) but anyway :D), not to mention the freedom of moves you have with it

giga191
17-07-06, 10:52
Giga, matey, bullets track you for added effects they have made bullets speed slow. They could have made them run as in reality but then what's the point? You wouldnt see anything out of them. Neocron is an 1PS as well as a 3PS and what's making us loving it is the amount of skill required to play this game. This is the true success of the game and its uniquness: the thing you login and you dont know/cant tell if today you are in shape for pvp or suck (of course you know, I never suck ;) but anyway :D), not to mention the freedom of moves you have with it if nc worked like a normal fps, as in you just send the information about which angle you shoot at, you would never hit anyone due to the shitty netcode. Instead the way it works now, is that you send the information about which player you are targetting and the server just records the dmg

jini
17-07-06, 12:19
yes but this is how it should be and in reality, because people can't dodge bulets. They can dodge other people's aim however. What I mean to say is, that bullets travel very fast

giga191
17-07-06, 13:18
i just don't understand why this game would need more system resources/BW than any other mmorpg, while the only difference is the targetting system. there's not really any good excuses for the 2 second lag that we experience in this game

aKe`cj
17-07-06, 14:57
i just don't understand why this game would need more system resources/BW than any other mmorpg, while the only difference is the targetting system. there's not really any good excuses for the 2 second lag that we experience in this game

in other mmo's you dont have the liberty to move your target-lock arround that freely ...you have a target locked until you lock something else. In NC it can be off and on and off and on a hundred times within a minute. Thats a big difference - dont you think?
I am not saying however, that this should be an excuse for the client/server inaccuracy (that was introduced in nc2 along with what was suspected to be anti-hack measures). NC's netcode has been a lot better at earlier times - less secure tho.