PDA

View Full Version : MotU Tournament - Schedule !

Pages : [1] 2

Chenoa
16-07-06, 11:33
Visit the MotU webpage (http://entry.neocron.com/contest/MotU/)

It´s done: the schedule for the pre-fights for the MotU Tournament is complete.
On the website you can find information on all dates, times and fights (thx Mokoi!).

The event hosts will have a meeting on monday to get further information
(event hosts, check your mail please!).

If you have more questions, feel free to post them here. Otherwise we´ll see the first fights on wednesday on mars.

Here (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10770) you can find a table containing the global timeline.

Links :

MotU - Announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134045)

MotU - Timeframe, the Com voted for July / August (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134502)

/edit : additional rule 19.07.06
Short decision by GMs and hosts:

Everyone who wants to take part in additional the MotU, can now send a registration to contest@reakktor.info with :
- Name of Charakter
- Server
- Name of Account
- Class
- eMail Adress

You will be put on a reserve list and have to be at all group fights if possible
If a fighter will be missed, we will take a substitution from the reserve list - mail by mail.
Who will mail first, will be the first substitution !

Pls tell this the others, who dont read the forums regularly.

Changes inside the Motu current schedule are only possible, if BOTH send a mail to me with the registered eMail early enough before the Fights starts (12 hours before)!

===============================
First Substitutions for Terra arrived ::
(Take a look always here, will add the next here!!!)

- Evil Monkey Kid (PE)
1. Wolfclaw (Tank)
2. Fiese Drecksblase (Tank)
3. Kame (Tank)
4. Supatheft (Monk)
5. Dribble Joy (PE)

Remember : You can only join , if a registered fighter will be missed !!!! And you have to be available on all fights if possible. If you wont be online the next sub. will take part !

SorkZmok
16-07-06, 13:11
Shit, it's gonna be hard to win my group. o_O

Pantho
16-07-06, 16:09
My groups easy.... Real fucking easy

BUT The only days i work is Saturday/sunday ( Until 23:30 CEST), Chenoa i tried to PM you but your inbox is full -

Please Can i be moved from my group or removed from the competition

yours Depresingly Pantho'

-edit kid, was that sarcasm?

Young Jeesy -vs- Landlord
Kid Kapow -vs- Landlord
See no Evil -vs- Young Jeesy
Kid Kapow -vs- Young Jeesy
See no Evil -vs- Landlord

Who is 2 hard outa that lot?

gamefreak
16-07-06, 16:11
yay, easy group :lol:

Chenoa
16-07-06, 16:14

BUT The only days i work is Saturday/sunday ( Until 23:30 CEST), Chenoa i tried to PM you but your inbox is full -

Lol, PM Box was full since 5 minutes ;) Cleared.

Have to check it , will answer you tomorrow. But IF ! - then only because of work is a really good reason ;) In general we cant move everyone now =)
:angel:

Cadgar
16-07-06, 16:17
good luck to Kid, spy 4tw :>

RusSki
16-07-06, 16:37
Some good groups there. Good to see only 2 or 3 monks in there (iirc who ppl are).

On first glance i can say ash watts is toast, groups 3 & 5 should have some good fights.

Cmon Kid Kapow.

In the finals vs GMs i predict serious ownage from Kapow, Zeke & Zeltarg.
Its tough to call the other groups. Maybe Smokey, Todesengel and sinesp.

How is it decided which gm fights which group winner?

Best of luck to all players

Chenoa
16-07-06, 16:44
How is it decided which gm fights which group winner?

Best of luck to all players

Depends on, which GMs will be available on these dates, will get the info about within the next days.

giga191
16-07-06, 16:47
Who is 2 hard outa that lot? see no evil perhaps?

Pantho
16-07-06, 16:56
Possibly. Silent hunter hurts him ^^

Errr, I liked my group. how about you jsut change there day, lol :p

ahh well . i probly end up against Zeltarg would be my worst fear, Probly kid next. then Zeke...

Zeke is powerful buy he hasnt PVP'd much this year

unreal
16-07-06, 17:18
Foreign-Buffs are strictly forbidden.
The use of AoE weapons of any kind is prohibited
The use of stealth-tools is prohibited.
What about electroshockers and freezer weapons? There's no rule about not using those, but they'll turn a fight from being quite difficult into something that's considerably easier, especially if it's the electroshocker being used. I'm curious to see what Ass Warts LOMs to this time. If he LOM's back to MC or Hybrid (if he hasn't already) he'll have quite a hefty advantage unless a new rule is added. :p

Is there any specific reason why the fights for each group are 3 or 4 days apart? Seems like quite a long delay between just 6 short duels. If you blink the occasion will be over. Apart from that, GJ on the progress.

Are there any reserved substitutions? Some people are bound to not turn up, maybe because of the simple reason that they might have forgotten about their fight or like Pantho, have to work on that particular day. Substitutions would be a good thing, especially when you think that the person waiting to fight won't have an opponent. I'd hate to be on the end of that. ;)

silent000
16-07-06, 17:33

yours Depresingly Pantho'

-edit kid, was that sarcasm?

Young Jeesy -vs- Landlord
Kid Kapow -vs- Landlord
See no Evil -vs- Young Jeesy
Kid Kapow -vs- Young Jeesy
See no Evil -vs- Landlord

Who is 2 hard outa that lot?

Excuse Me?!?!?! Thanks you very much, your too hardcore for everyone on that list! I best be scared =/ I dont personally care who i am put with in this event im here to have fun but i am also here to win, so dont underestimate me or the rest of the ppl in outr group, basically pantho keep it to urself and stfu!

giga191
16-07-06, 19:48
ahh well . i probly end up against Zeltarg would be my worst fear, Probly kid next. then Zeke...
only if kid uses slasher, for some reason he can't aim xbow ^^

RogerRamjet
16-07-06, 19:53
I probably should have found time to participate.

Polish up the ol' Pain Easer.

SorkZmok
16-07-06, 20:24
only if kid uses slasher, for some reason he can't aim xbow ^^
Haha yeah, i even gave up trying. I just use it for the occasional monk now or to finish people off when i can't be arsed to reload the slasher again. :lol:

And Pantho, See no evil is one pretty good xbow PE. He's got nice aiming.

Pantho
16-07-06, 20:40
Yea yea, i missed his name , happy :p....

He still takes unsual amounts of dmg from a Silent Hunter.

See no Evil
16-07-06, 21:44
I have a few questions :
_ Is there a drug limit or we can take 10 drugs if we like ??
_ I know I won't be able to play the 13 of August for the GM final, so, in the case I win in my group (but maybe Kid can help me out with this problem :p ), what will happen ? Do I have the right to give my fight against GM to anyone (even not in the Motu) or will it be the 2nd in place that will do it ?, can we delay the GM fight ?, do I win a price anyway ?

silent000
16-07-06, 22:22
you win some hardcore bum luving from urs truely!

Pantho
16-07-06, 23:17
hehe Me and See No evil was playing at El farid... your right he does have good Xbow aim....

Then my stupid Stealth tool broke as i got ass rapped by people, luckey my Exec didnt drop tho.

unreal
16-07-06, 23:25
What about electroshockers and freezer weapons? There's no rule about not using those, but they'll turn a fight from being quite difficult into something that's considerably easier, especially if it's the electroshocker being used. I'm curious to see what Ass Warts LOMs to this time. If he LOM's back to MC or Hybrid (if he hasn't already) he'll have quite a hefty advantage unless a new rule is added. :pThanks for updating it. You could have said something though instead of doing it on the quiet. ;)
The use of items thats inflict freezer, para- or electricshock type damages is prohibited.Ass Warts is now out of the equation. :D

Pantho
17-07-06, 00:51
If Para was allowed. id lom my PPU and use a Dex 50 pistol , or a Laserblade ....

lol.... Funny a ppu entering...

Infact one could enter a /30 Monk for the hell of it ^^

giga191
17-07-06, 09:59
_ Is there a drug limit or we can take 10 drugs if we like ??
you can take 10, but most fights it won't make a difference, the better player will still win

Brammers
17-07-06, 11:22
Some rule questions:-

1. Is Damage Boost allowed?
2. Some players /set self_kill 1 and get rezzed before their fight to clear their drugflash and reset their drug timing - is this self-killing and rezzing allowed?
3. Some fights, can go on for a long time (Usually Hybrids or PE's) is there a time limit per fight?

Durandal|AI
17-07-06, 12:02
1. Is Damage Boost allowed?

DB is allowed (chenoa wrote it in the german thread)

2. Some players /set self_kill 1 and get rezzed before their fight to clear their drugflash and reset their drug timing - is this self-killing and rezzing allowed?

why shouldnt it be allowed? (never been in a pvp tournament where it wasnt allowed)

3. Some fights, can go on for a long time (Usually Hybrids or PE's) is there a time limit per fight?

good Q (*remembers the last pe vs pe fights he had seen*)

unreal
17-07-06, 12:06
To set some sort of standard, before every fight, both players should be forced to kill themselves so they can buff themselves personally. That way you can be certain they don't have level 2 or 3 PPU buffs that their friend game them before the fight starts (ie, an unfair advantage). Or, a better idea, would be that a PPU is there to specifically hand out the level 3 buffs of choice to both players, that way the fights will last longer and most likely be more entertaining for everyone involved.

Shame that damage boost can be used by anyone with any weapon. It'll make the fights shorter, and in some cases unfair. Ass Warts vs Zeltarg with crossbow, shelter, and damage boost? We know who the loser will be. ;)

Tratos
17-07-06, 12:08
How come all this MOTU stuff has been carried out in the Commuity Talk forum and not the Events forum? Or is it proving the point that very very few people go that far down the forum? :p

Durandal|AI
17-07-06, 12:16
Shame that damage boost can be used by anyone with any weapon. It'll make the fights shorter, and in some cases unfair. Ass Warts vs Zeltarg with crossbow, shelter, and damage boost? We know who the loser will be. ;)

use anti drugs? is it really _that_ hard? ...

SorkZmok
17-07-06, 12:32
use anti drugs? is it really _that_ hard? ...
Most classes can hardly spare 1 QB slot for anti drugs. And once that drug is used you gotta stand and open the inventory to pop more.

Not to mention the drugflash. My mars tank gets a flash and starts to move randomly after 2 anti drugs taken in a short amount of time.

Some PE setups are overpowered with a DB imo, especially the Xbow ones. But tbh, i don't really care about it, the more they cast the more time i got to hit em. Right, Jini? :lol:

Brammers
17-07-06, 12:41

why shouldnt it be allowed? (never been in a pvp tournament where it wasnt allowed)

The reason I asked, is when Tratos and myself was running the Natural Selection, a few people asked to be rezzed after killing themselves to clear the drugflash. Naturally a few people complained about time-wasting... :wtf:

Durandal|AI
17-07-06, 12:50
well that are the same ppl that "need to relog" before they can fight ;-)

Pantho
17-07-06, 12:51
*Memories*

Me and a certain Judge PE, Dancing through 2 shots of Redflash at Fight Night withr tratos

CHENOEA BABY!

I am no longer working next weekend ^^

Sicknotes , :/ .... 3rd week ive been ill

Brammers
17-07-06, 12:55
well that are the same ppl that "need to relog" before they can fight ;-)

That's one of those stupid game bugs - most PE's have to relog/zone after being rezzed to get their weapons to work again. ;)

silent000
17-07-06, 13:01
*Memories*

Me and a certain Judge PE, Dancing through 2 shots of Redflash at Fight Night withr tratos

CHENOEA BABY!

I am no longer working next weekend ^^

Sicknotes , :/ .... 3rd week ive been ill

Oh Noez! Fuking get betta u slag and get to work ;)

silent000
17-07-06, 13:04
I do wanna see that fight against Problem Child and Sinesp. Problem Child can be fuking evil wens hes got into his mood and sinesp is a crazy motherfuka and no matter how hard u try and get out of his aim u cant :P.. The only promlem is one is using a slasher and the other uses a judge, so best to luck to both of them and i just dont wanna be on vent when one of em looses :(

Durandal|AI
17-07-06, 13:05
so another Q - who will be the cameraman? ;-)

silent000
17-07-06, 15:10
so another Q - who will be the cameraman? ;-)

Very good question Any takers or i can convinse my bitch ass clan to do it

See no Evil
17-07-06, 16:16
To be honest, you should have scheduled the GM fight the same day as the group fights. Making it on a different day is 2 more chance that people can't log on the day the GM VS fighter fight is scheduled. Moreover, the fighter will be "hot" once he has won the group fights which give him more vchances to win against GM.
What do people think of this ?

What will the GM be allowed to do during the GM fight ? Will they play the same character as normal fighter (PE, spy, monk or tank) or they will have special advantages ??

Dribble Joy
17-07-06, 16:48
Curse Pipex. Curse BT. Curse them for their lack of speed at getting me netbound.

Bastids.

Oh well, I doubt I would have got anywhere.

SorkZmok
17-07-06, 16:53
To be honest, you should have scheduled the GM fight the same day as the group fights. Making it on a different day is 2 more chance that people can't log on the day the GM VS fighter fight is scheduled. Moreover, the fighter will be "hot" once he has won the group fights which give him more vchances to win against GM.
What do people think of this ?

What will the GM be allowed to do during the GM fight ? Will they play the same character as normal fighter (PE, spy, monk or tank) or they will have special advantages ??
Actually, the GMs are the last people i worry about. There's quite a few pvpers on the list that will give me more trouble.

At least from the GMs i fought, i only know one who's a decent pvper. Being a GM doesn't necessarily mean they all pvp...

That one guy was evil though. DB sanctum + slasher is pretty mean when the guy got decent aim. :lol:

Pantho
17-07-06, 18:16
Some1 asked a good Question over trade today.

Is DB Sanctum An AoE Spell.....

SorkZmok
17-07-06, 18:34

If it's allowed i can already see a fuckload of PEs lom to it just for the duels. And that would be the end for all tanks and spies who dared to enter. o_O

aKe`cj
17-07-06, 18:45

I'd say it is an "AoE weapon" as you cannot draw it in a safe-zone and it has an "area of effect". Healsanctum (etc.) however is not covered by the rule, as it is no weapon (can be drawn in safezones).
Thats the way I understand it.

The use of AoE weapons of any kind is prohibited

Carrot Muncher
17-07-06, 21:36
Would i be able to register in the competition because when you were taking entries i was on holiday. :angel: :angel:

unreal
17-07-06, 21:39
Hopefully they'll think about having substitutions reserved for people who fail to turn up, or something along those lines. I hope to god they don't assume every single person will turn up, that's just nasty logic. It would be not so good on the opponent left standing there either. Fingers crossed then. :)

Carrot Muncher
17-07-06, 21:50
Yeh i was thinking that as well having some people who want to participate but didnt sign up as subs or summin like that

unreal
17-07-06, 21:56
The substitution character accounts might have to be checked upon though. The character trying to become a substitution could possibly be an alternate character of someone who officially lost their fight already. If that happened, it wouldn't be a good thing. :)

Chenoa
17-07-06, 22:21
The Meeting with the hosts is ended , the following thing are we talked about :

To CHANGE the group / date, you have to find yourself another Runner who will agree to change with you! Then i need from BOTH the acceptance via the registered email - 12 hours before the fight will start!

- DB Sanctum is forbidden !

Procedure of the fights :
- if you are in the Arena - selfkill, GM will rezz you.
- Buffs before the count, heal during the count allowed
- the fighters have to say "ready"(rdy) via ZONE Chat
- the count is from 5 back to GO
- if a fight will take longer then 10 min, it will be stopped, and starts again WITHOUT Heal !
- if 1:1 and both fight would take over 10 mind, the 3rd will be WITHOUT Heal !
(but this situation is really rare!!!)
- if you get a fatal, it depends on, if your opponent will agree to restart the fight. ONLY then !

The Arena will be open one some days to train, the announcement for it i will post here.

If i forgot something, the event hosts can help also here, thx.

SorkZmok
18-07-06, 00:33
Thank god DB sanctum is not allowed. :)

Pantho
18-07-06, 00:55
Thank god DB sanctum is not allowed. :)

Shame ^^

SorkZmok
18-07-06, 01:34
Shame ^^
Heh, there's no drug limit so PEs still have the best chances by far to win the tournament. :)

Brammers
18-07-06, 02:31
Hopefully they'll think about having substitutions reserved for people who fail to turn up, or something along those lines. I hope to god they don't assume every single person will turn up, that's just nasty logic. It would be not so good on the opponent left standing there either. Fingers crossed then. :)

Most groups have 4 fighters, with each fighter having 3 fights, so if 1 fighter doesn't show, the fights can still go ahead, just there is one less fight for each fighter. (The person who doesn't show, gets zero points) - That's what I think will happen, I'll let Chenoa comfirm this.

However, what does one do in a situation when only 1 fighter in the group turns up? Does that person qualify straight to the final unchallenged?

See no Evil
18-07-06, 02:35
What happens if I win group fights and I can't be on the 13 of August for the GM fights ??

Pantho
18-07-06, 02:49
Chenoa , -

2 People from clan - Skullcult was on holiday during the sign up -

Whats the chances of there being late editions into group 6? (or any ^^)

Chenoa
18-07-06, 07:16
Chenoa , -

2 People from clan - Skullcult was on holiday during the sign up -

Whats the chances of there being late editions into group 6? (or any ^^)

No, the registration was about 4 weeks, and announced everywhere, sorry.

Pantho
18-07-06, 08:02
No, the registration was about 4 weeks, and announced everywhere, sorry.

Yea, its k.... There fault tbh ^^.....

Evil monkey kid was in germany..... fool shoulda stayed in england , hehe.

Voodoo Magic was out fondling Barnester probly.

unreal
18-07-06, 13:19
Most groups have 4 fighters, with each fighter having 3 fights, so if 1 fighter doesn't show, the fights can still go ahead, just there is one less fight for each fighter. (The person who doesn't show, gets zero points) - That's what I think will happen, I'll let Chenoa comfirm this.I know, and that's why I'm hoping they'll allow substitutions. If one person doesn't show up, that's 3 less fights than there should have been. A bunch of people were either on Holiday or just didn't get chance to sign up, and would love to take part in the event, it only makes sense that substitutions should take the non-showups place. If not, then that's pretty sad.
No, the registration was about 4 weeks, and announced everywhere, sorry.Doesn't it make sense to add a 4th person to Group 6, so all groups are the same size? Group 1 fight this Saturday, and Group 6 fight on 9th August. It won't be a big deal adding one player to Group 6 at this moment in time?

Chenoa
18-07-06, 14:10
I know, and that's why I'm hoping they'll allow substitutions. If one person doesn't show up, that's 3 less fights than there should have been. A bunch of people were either on Holiday or just didn't get chance to sign up, and would love to take part in the event, it only makes sense that substitutions should take the non-showups place. If not, then that's pretty sad.Doesn't it make sense to add a 4th person to Group 6, so all groups are the same size? Group 1 fight this Saturday, and Group 6 fight on 9th August. It won't be a big deal adding one player to Group 6 at this moment in time?

Nope, would be unfair to the others, who wanna join belated too.

With the substitutions ive to overthink means, to talk to the event hosts / orgas...

HINT:
Today evening we´ll open the Arena for all to train, of course WITHOUT GMs ! The entrances will be in TH 2, Plaza 1, MB 1, Doy 6.

You can train voluntary - so have a look at your belts !
But i ask you all for no PK there, or you would stop the fun of others !

unreal
18-07-06, 14:29
Nope, would be unfair to the others, who wanna join belated too.Surely it's unfair for the people in Group 6 that only get 2 fights instead of 3 like everyone else then? I'm not quite sure why everything has to be so strict here when it's just a simple duelling event, especially since there's an opening in Group 6 for someone to join in and have fun. That's what events are supposed to be about in the first place, having fun. But at the end of the day, AFAIK it's you that has the final word. :)

Good to see you're thinking about substitutions, although it should have been thought about from the start. It's a simple fact that there's always at least 1 or 2 people that won't be able to turn up for whatever reason, the timezone differences playing a major role there. Maybe you could count the Group 6 slot as a substitution then, when the time comes? :p

Let's hope there's lots of strippers in the arena. ;)

Safunte
18-07-06, 15:12
Actually my account with smokey the bear expires today, and seeing as how the payment companies totally suck i dont think i'll have my account back in time for saturday's fights. Go ahead and give Smokey the Bear's spots to Voodoo Magic.

silent000
18-07-06, 16:09
awww u betta turn up or atleast some1 take his place i dotn wanna have only 2 fights =/

Dribble Joy
18-07-06, 16:15
So... there's going to be a new zone or something for this?

If so please make sure it's as fps friendly as possible.

I'd gladly take a sub with someone who can't play, but it depends on whether THRICE CURSED Pipex get their act together.

Pantho
18-07-06, 16:32
Voodoo Magic has agree'd to Take Smokey the Bear's place. If this is ok with Chenoa..

I do beleive voodoo is gonna DM him lateron

Brammers
18-07-06, 16:38
So... there's going to be a new zone or something for this?

If so please make sure it's as fps friendly as possible.

I'd gladly take a sub with someone who can't play, but it depends on whether THRICE CURSED Pipex get their act together.

It's the underground complex zone that gets used for storyline events a lot. With the rest of the event hosts, we saw the MotU zone last night, and I got a a rock solid 90FPS on my Geforce 7800GT card. The zone is a indoors zone, not an outdoors zone.

The MotU zone is based a lot on the design of the Natural Selection arena, and I know how much trouble Tratos and Phase went through to get a good high FPS on that! ;)

Safunte
18-07-06, 16:51
EDIT::: posted late.

Safunte
19-07-06, 03:16
Okay seriously, since nobody wants to switch it over to Voodoo magic... can you at least let me use my tank? I'll end up losing because tanks are gimped like what but hell, at least let me have fun with the competition... i hate using my pe but my tank wasn't setup durring registration.

any objections to me using my tank? (Safunte...)

unreal
19-07-06, 04:56
The MotU zone is based a lot on the design of the Natural Selection arenaSeems pretty much identical to that Natural Selection arena to me. Even the beer can chair that got spawned for me is still there, after Phase accidentally spawned a lil bastard (or some similair instant-raype mob, can't remember exactly what it was) and instantly killed my unbuffed Spy and two other people. :p

I was hoping there was going to be a bit of effort put in to the duelling area to see something a bit different, so it wasn't identical to last time. Ah well, maybe next time then. Just drawn a quick example (see attachment) to show how simple the changes can be. It doesn't have to be anything complex, just requires a bit of patience to remove old items and place the new ones.

Safunte
19-07-06, 05:19
Seems pretty much identical to that Natural Selection arena to me. Even the beer can chair that got spawned for me is still there, after Phase accidentally spawned a lil bastard (or some similair instant-raype mob, can't remember exactly what it was) and instantly killed my unbuffed Spy and two other people. :p

I was hoping there was going to be a bit of effort put in to the duelling area to see something a bit different, so it wasn't identical to last time. Ah well, maybe next time then. Just drawn a quick example (see attachment) to show how simple the changes can be. It doesn't have to be anything complex, just requires a bit of patience to remove old items and place the new ones.

good concept unreal but... exits in each city = easy infiltration of the cities which just isn't cool.

oh and, event .... uhm... running people.... let me use Safunte instead of Smokey the Bear.

Pantho
19-07-06, 05:35
Unreal you nib, its not the same Arena as NS...

Its in the same zone yes. but not the same arena..

This zone was setup ages ago for a GM ran event, NS just latched a spare room at the back... Infact if you go into the arena and look around you will see the fight night stage..... in a different place.

Try follow the BLUE POWER STATION poles Unreal...

+ There are Refree chairs..... 4 of them. Stuck on a wall fairly high inside the arena...

unreal
19-07-06, 05:40
exits in each city = easy infiltration of the cities which just isn't cool.Well, yes and no. It's probably a bad idea in the sense you can travel to those places without SI for free (not much different than GRing from your apartment for 500nc though eh?), but you'll have to run to the event sector, then all the way through through it to get to the exits (assuming they would be in the same place), which would take the same sort of time as waiting off SI.

You'll only be "infiltraiting" it in the same way you would without those exits being there. You still have guards, with their almighty para. You'll still zone whore in and out of sectors to wait off Para. So it doesn't make much of a difference really.

They'll no doubt be removed afterwards, and with the current populations taken into account, it won't really make much difference there either.

The other solution would be to place them inside a HQ closest to those main city sectors. That would help prevent that so called infiltration. Although, some of the GR areas are silly, like the CA HQ for instance, which doesn't have any guards camping it. The BT HQ is even worse in that respect. You can genrep in as a Biotech enemy, wait off SI, then run through the HQ without being shot.

Speaking of which, I wonder if that bugged guard is just outside the BT HQ. It insta-killed me and Pantho that time. lol

Archy
19-07-06, 05:41
- In case of a participant suffering from a FRE or any other severe implications, the fight 'can' be repeated. This solely depends on the opponents decision. Otherwise: bad luck!

bwahahaha , not only the tournament imho is a joke since everything is unbalanced but thats just plain wrong hahaha. sad sad sad

unreal
19-07-06, 05:57
Try follow the BLUE POWER STATION poles Unreal...I've ran through the entire sector, there are two doors each blocked by a huge energy generator type thing, one of them has blue power stations leading to it. All the other doors lead to the NS area. Furniture bug?

Edit: Killed the Neocron process, relogged in the first time, same problem, killed Neocron again, relogged in the second time, and it turned into the blue power station. :p It's not bad, similair to the picture I drew, except the fighting area is tiny. Are the fighters all midgets in this tournament? I vote for Ass Warts to win because his tank will Sumo belly flop the rest. :wtf: lol

Pantho
19-07-06, 06:58
hehe Unreal admitting he is wrong.... wow

Anyways any1 now what class REMUS is,.

and PS. i was wrong about cream cracker , the fucker hurts. we had a practive. 2 rounds, score was 1:1 . so gonna be a good close fight :)

-edit, yes i now he is a tank, mc/hc/ or hyb?

unreal
19-07-06, 07:21
eh? Being on the receiving end of the endless amount of bugs in this game doesn't mean I'm wrong. Near enough everything I said there is still valid.

I guess you've never placed something like a chair in your apartment and had it spawn into a random item, staying the same until you relog in. I once placed a pillow when starting to make my newbie shop, and watched it place as a full-sized Warbot Titan. If only it was for real, would make a nice addition to my Warbot army. ;) Meh, enough said. Gonna finish eating my bacon butty then I have work. Woohoo.
i was wrong about cream cracker , the fucker hurtsEveryone that uses a Crossbow hurts. :p

Durandal|AI
19-07-06, 09:55
Okay seriously, since nobody wants to switch it over to Voodoo magic... can you at least let me use my tank? I'll end up losing because tanks are gimped like what but hell, at least let me have fun with the competition... i hate using my pe but my tank wasn't setup durring registration.

any objections to me using my tank? (Safunte...)

nope, you have to use the char that you registered

Pantho
19-07-06, 10:13
well, wot i ment is, dam the fucker can aim :p...

Anyways yea unreal, i got a TH appartment full of invisible Cactus....

I just ran around with a object removal tool and got 5 Cactus from randomly clicking....

Chenoa
19-07-06, 10:45
Short decision by GMs and hosts:

Everyone who wants to take part in additional the MotU, can now send a registration to contest@reakktor.info with :
- Name of Charakter
- Server
- Name of Account
- Class
- eMail Adress

You will be put on a reserve list and have to be at all group fights if possible
If a fighter will be missed, we will take a substitution from the reserve list - mail by mail.
Who will mail first, will be the first substitution !

Pls tell this the others, who dont read the forums regularly.

Changes inside the current Motu schedule are only possible, if BOTH send a mail to me with the registered eMail early enough before the Fights starts (12 hours before)!

/edit : The reserve list you can see in the first post of the thread, there it will be updated if we will get new substitutions

Brammers
19-07-06, 10:47
- In case of a participant suffering from a FRE or any other severe implications, the fight 'can' be repeated. This solely depends on the opponents decision. Otherwise: bad luck!

bwahahaha , not only the tournament imho is a joke since everything is unbalanced but thats just plain wrong hahaha. sad sad sad

If you think it's wrong, please sugguest a better way, and the hosts (Myself, Durandal|AI and Solid-Rock) will ask Chenoa about it.

Also, I'll be getting my PPU out for rezzing, in the arena on most nights - just watch out on Trade NC for the ads. It will be between 7 and 10pm BST

Chenoa
19-07-06, 12:27
First Substitutions for Terra arrived ::
(Take a look always in the first post, will add the next there !!!)

1. Evil Monkey Kid (PE)
2. Wolfclaw (Tank)
3. Fiese Drecksblase (Tank)

Remember : You can only join , if a registered fighter will be missed !!!! And you have to be available on all fights if possible. If you wont be online the next sub. will take part !

unreal
19-07-06, 14:53
@Chenoa: Good job. :)
Anyways yea unreal, i got a TH appartment full of invisible Cactus.... I just ran around with a object removal tool and got 5 Cactus from randomly clicking....I wonder if I could repeat that, and end up with 5 WOC disks. :D

Safunte
19-07-06, 16:02
Changes inside the current Motu schedule are only possible, if BOTH send a mail to me with the registered eMail early enough before the Fights starts (12 hours before)!

So does that mean you want me to send 1 or 2 emails to change which char i'm using? and seriously, who would object to fighting a tank with balance the way it is...

aKe`cj
19-07-06, 16:14
So does that mean you want me to send 1 or 2 emails to change which char i'm using? and seriously, who would object to fighting a tank with balance the way it is...

what she said is: if you want to swap seats with someone else in the tournament, you can do so - but only if both agree ..thats why each player sends in ONE mail with the swap request. You are not free to change the account or character you're participating with.

Safunte
19-07-06, 16:38
You are not free to change the account or character you're participating with.

in all honesty... why not? And its char not account.

Durandal|AI
19-07-06, 16:44
cuz its not our fault.

you signed in with a char you wont play? shit happens? why should we change the rules?

aKe`cj
19-07-06, 16:45
in all honesty... why not? And its char not account.

because. :)
You could try deleting your char and leveling another class with the given nickname ...good luck :p

yuuki
19-07-06, 17:47
i think it's pretty beauraucratic not to let one change his own character when he forgot the account is expiring b4 the tournament. especially as he asked for that some time ago and thus wouldn't be at an advantage if he does so :mad:

silent000
19-07-06, 18:26
I think it wud be just fine for hi mto change his chars, hes fiteing me and you can ask pantho and REMUS if thye mind, but i certainly dont, and thats all that metters ;)

Brammers
19-07-06, 18:39
@Safunte - You got a couple of options.

1. Get your account active for your first fight on Saturday with the account that has Smokey The Bear on it.
2. Swap with another fighter for a later fight, and get your account active in time for the re-sheduled fight.
3. Email Chenoa and get on the reserves list with a different character and account that will be active - the downside is, you may not get to fight, but it's better to be in with a chance, than no chance at all. ;)

P.S. Just realised something, Safunte - check your PM's.

silent000
19-07-06, 19:07
Why the fuk does no1 PM me, :( cmon ppl PM me!!!

Safunte
19-07-06, 21:31
I'm not going to lose/change my spot, i actually managed to get my account reactivated without problems (go figure). I never wanted to make this big of a deal out of anything but when i'm getting emails saying its literally impossible to change the char i'm using then i just have to call bs. Telling me no is one thing... but to lie is just pathetic.

Brammers
19-07-06, 22:44
Ok it's been asked whether the Devourer can be used. It is allowed, as it's not an AoE weapon. (It may look like an AoE weapon when it's firing!)

unreal
19-07-06, 22:48
Which buffoon thought the Devourer was an AoE weapon? Not someone who's been playing for a long time I hope. lol

silent000
20-07-06, 00:19
you shud take it out neway just cus its evul! EVULLL

Pantho
20-07-06, 03:07
Safunte, just dont show up...

Then Evil monkey kid can take your place :D...

That could be a fair fight, Exec PE v Exec PE lol....

Safunte
20-07-06, 03:12
no i'll just use smokey, or the long term friend who uses my account when i'm not on. unless thats against the rules too... geez... or i could be cool and show up on safunte and if my opponents say no then oh well... one of the three.

aKe`cj
20-07-06, 11:45
no i'll just use smokey, or the long term friend who uses my account when i'm not on. unless thats against the rules too... geez... or i could be cool and show up on safunte and if my opponents say no then oh well... one of the three.

You signed up with one account and one player-name given. No where does it say you are allowed to change the registration - you're only free to swap places with other registered chars. Noone is entitled to take part with any other character than the one registered... it's perfectly normal that you have to play smokey ...

but when i'm getting emails saying its literally impossible to change the char i'm using then i just have to call bs. Telling me no is one thing... but to lie is just pathetic.

You can log whatever char you like - you can not participate with any char you like - telling you so is the truth because its NOT YOU who makes the rules, aight? ...jezuz :rolleyes:

P.S:
Someone took footage of the fights on mars yesterday - if you haven't seen the arena yet - there (http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=2002426&postcount=83) you go

silent000
20-07-06, 11:49
Damn ppl he only wants to changes his char ;)

Brammers
20-07-06, 12:13
Damn ppl he only wants to changes his char ;)

But is it fair to his opponent, who is expecting to fight a PE, and ends up fighting a Tank?

Put it another way. Say we have a boxing match, Joe Calzaghe vs Ricky Hatton. They study each other's strength and weaknesses. They prepare tatics to beat each other, and they train for the fight, expecting to fight each other, only Hatton finds out that Joe Calzaghe's lost brother Mike Tyson turns up in his place.

Now is that a fair fight?

Pantho
20-07-06, 13:22
Now is that a fair fight?

Yea, :) I think it would be fair

(PS i know fuck all bout boxing, Infact lets just go with, i know fuck all)

silent000
20-07-06, 13:25
Well letz say he can change his char if all his opponants allow it? im one of them and im ok with it and pantho and remus can say summit then maybe

Pantho
20-07-06, 13:39
Well letz say he can change his char if all his opponants allow it? im one of them and im ok with it and pantho and remus can say summit then maybe

Doesnt matter what we say,

Im just glad there is no monk or xbow PE in my group. Long as he does enter one of those ill live :)

Brammers
20-07-06, 14:19
Yea, :) I think it would be fair

(PS i know fuck all bout boxing, Infact lets just go with, i know fuck all)

Ok remove the word boxing, and read it again!

The point I'm trying to make is, "It it fair to fight someone different, when you was expecting someone else, who you already prerpared and trained up to fight."

I don't know much about boxing either. What I know the fighters train for months knowing who they are going to fight, talk tough, psyc each other up etc.

So Smokey the Bear and Pantho, where's the fighting talk then? ;)

Pantho
20-07-06, 15:43
Brammers, i new what ya ment

Safunte
20-07-06, 17:17
Brammers what you've been saying all makes perfect sense. But honestly... I've been fighting them more on my tank than my pe in the past week =) so they'd be more prepared to fight him anyway =). I dunno i'll just use the pe and try to put up a good fight as so the spectators dont get too bored.

StevenJ
20-07-06, 22:44
I do wanna see that fight against Problem Child and Sinesp. Problem Child can be fuking evil wens hes got into his mood and sinesp is a crazy motherfuka and no matter how hard u try and get out of his aim u cant :P.. The only promlem is one is using a slasher and the other uses a judge, so best to luck to both of them and i just dont wanna be on vent when one of em looses :(

Holy crap. I'll have the mute button ready :P I wouldn't miss that fight for the world.

Pantho
21-07-06, 00:05
not sure if Sinesp will show, not seen him ingame for ages

silent000
21-07-06, 00:43
He has said to us that he will show, but yeh like u said he hasnt been around much, but he is still alive he was on vent 2 days ago? cant remeber

Pantho
21-07-06, 00:58
ah k kool, im the only Hitech pe in my group

*1137*

unreal
21-07-06, 06:17
I don't see how switching characters makes any difference to the fight at hand. Personally I think if one character is unable to fight for whatever reason, they should be allowed to switch it with another one on their account. It makes absolutely no difference to the fight, for reasons mentioned below. They took the time to apply to be in the event in the first place, at the very least officials should be thankful they're going to turn up to take part in it and have fun, regardless of the character they decide upon using.

If the character originally entered can't be used for an acceptable reason (for example, losing their implants or items that can't be replaced so quickly (such as an SA or DS) should be accepted, because it screws their character up, whereas, "I lost my helmet" isn't really a good reason, it's a cheap and easily obtainable item), officials should let them use a different character. As long as they're contacted a generous amount of time before the fight is to take place, so as the people in charge know he's supposed to fighting, it should be perfectly acceptable.

The only slight problem this would cause is making Chenoa (or whoever it may be) have to change the name of the character listed on the fighting schedule, and of course let the Event Referees or anyone else who should know about the change, well, know about it. This at the very most should take only a matter of seconds or few minutes to complete.

Anyway, we're about a day and and a half before the Group 1 fights begin, so nothing will probably come of character switching for people in Group 1, it's a bit too late now perhaps.
But is it fair to his opponent, who is expecting to fight a PE, and ends up fighting a Tank?

Put it another way. Say we have a boxing match, Joe Calzaghe vs Ricky zHatton. They study each other's strength and weaknesses. They prepare tatics to beat each other, and they train for the fight, expecting to fight each other, only Hatton finds out that Joe Calzaghe's lost brother Mike Tyson turns up in his place.

Now is that a fair fight?You say they're "expecting" to fight a PE. What difference does it make to switch to a Tank? They don't know what weapons the PE is using, or what type of resists he has. The PE could have been using Pistols, then LOM to Rifles or something else before the fight.

Anyone who has fought a PE has fought all the other classes at some point in time. You don't need preparation for duelling a specific class, the only thing you need is aiming practice and performing an effective routine.

For example, my routine to try and get a head start against someone who is physically stronger and more of a damage sponge (ie, A Tank or some character with PPU buffs) than my most frequently used PvP character is (Unrael, my Pistol Spy) goes like this. Offload a full round of my Slasher, then depending on whether I can afford to reload or not, I'll switch to an alternate weapon quickly, usually the Crossbow so I don't need to reload as much as I would need to using another weapon.

You can't really refer to Neocron duels as a boxing match in that sense. Apart from simple fighting styles, there's not much in terms of tactics you can unleash in a fight that's in such a small area. It's simply about being able to run around in circles hoping your opponent will miss you, while trying to land hits on your target.

As a boxer you would study your opponent for hours, days or weeks in advance, because you're fighting a real person who has a different style of fighting. For example, different opponents will have different ways of blocking shots, landing punches, etc.

In Neocron, duels such as these just don't work like that. You can't block shots, and you can't hit your opponent any differently or land one almighty punch that will knock them out (unless you're Tyler Durdon of course, with his Holy Lightning h4x :p). You just hope the person is unable to hit you because of the way you're running around them.

Pantho
21-07-06, 06:50
Actually i now what weapon each of my Openents are using unreal, apart from REMUS as i have never seen him online...

And i rly dont mind safunte changing his alt, but his only reason is - He doesnt want to play that alt.

unreal
21-07-06, 07:36
Actually i now what weapon each of my Openents are using unreal, apart from REMUS as i have never seen him online...So tell me what difference it makes to the fight, apart from you possibly cheating before hand by LOMing your constitution accordingly, or stocking up on particular resist drugs to help win the fight (I'm not saying you do that obviously, I'm just using it as an example of how it could change things).

But, nothing is stopping them from changing their weapons at the last second, or LOMing from one weapon type to another (such as going from Rifle to Pistol, or Heavy to Melee, etc) before the fight for that matter. Then there's simply switching the type of ammo they use, to do different types of damage. All those things change the "expectations". Changing the character class has exactly the same effect. We all know how to battle different classes, as mentioned All these duels will boil down into the usual run around trying to hit each other until one of you dies type of deal.
And i rly dont mind safunte changing his alt, but his only reason is - He doesnt want to play that alt.That point is clear, and so is mine, and that is, character switches should be allowed within reason. I'm not saying Safunte should be allowed to switch characters simply because he doesn't want to play the one he picked, I just gave my opinion about switching itself since it's been disallowed entirely. Once again, it's something that seems too strict. There obviously has to be rules in any sort of event, but not ones that take things too far. It's only a duelling tournament, where the goal is to have fun; the rules shouldn't be progressed to a standard such as that of government legislation (tiny bit of exaggeration with "government legislation", but it explains the point nicely). ;)

Carrot Muncher
21-07-06, 08:39
Thats only if everyone shows up :P
otherwise i will kick your ass pantho

Pantho
21-07-06, 08:47
Carrot muncher wishes :)

yuuki
21-07-06, 09:36
i think that some peeps will adjust their con setup for the tournament, e.g. loming out por if not facing a tank and these would be screwed if someone draws a devourer.
so it is reasonable to have to stick to a class and not change it on short notice, but safunte asked for changing his char like 2 weeks ago i believe and not allowing that is what i can't understand. :(

Durandal|AI
21-07-06, 09:46
well yuuki

i cant understand why he doesnt manage it to get his char ready?

unreal
21-07-06, 09:57
i think that some peeps will adjust their con setup for the tournament, e.g. loming out por if not facing a tank and these would be screwed if someone draws a devourer.
so it is reasonable to have to stick to a class and not change it on short notice, but safunte asked for changing his char like 2 weeks ago i believe and not allowing that is what i can't understand. :(If you think about it, a substitution is basically the same thing as requesting to switch your character. It's not expected that your scheduled opponent won't turn up for the fight. The class of the substituted character will most likely be different to the one they were expecting to face (ie, could be the same class, but different setup, or just different class to begin with). So "why shouldn't they be allowed?" is all that can be asked. This is something I should have already mentioned, but I've already rambled on in this thread too much as it is, as usual. :p

silent000
21-07-06, 12:38
Well no1 knows my setup NO1 i tellz you, im either LOMing to melle or heavy combat, muhhahaha........

SorkZmok
21-07-06, 13:00
Well no1 knows my setup NO1 i tellz you, im either LOMing to melle or heavy combat, muhhahaha........
I've been thinking of getting me a holo suit and some lowlevel hc cannon. :lol:

But i'd love to get a woc 3 pa so no fooling around for me. :)

Pantho
21-07-06, 13:02
If i win a Woc 3 PA, im gonna sell it *_*

yuuki
21-07-06, 13:39
ya, right after the tournament off to yo's :p

silent000
21-07-06, 14:59
Oh yeh wtf it nva occurced to me there was gunna be a prize :D ill get me a woc pa then :D or a special spy setup that makes me use a CS tbh

giga191
21-07-06, 19:03
If i win a Woc 3 PA, im gonna sell it *_* due to the laws of supply and demand, i'll gladly buy it for 1nc ;)

Dribble Joy
21-07-06, 19:42
Well I can't make the Group 3 round, but I'll turn up at the others.

silent000
21-07-06, 21:42
You can watch Pantho pwn me :D

Dribble Joy
21-07-06, 22:08
If he doesn't turn up you can pwn meh :p.

Pantho
21-07-06, 23:24
unless i fall asleep, ill be there :)

silent000
21-07-06, 23:29
hey i still mite not be there yet, if i get rang up which is a maybe on a sat nite then ill go out so yeh i dunno :P

silent000
22-07-06, 04:07
Sry for posting again but can some1 plz tell me what time my fight is plz in group one its 9:00pm CEST weneva that shit is lol

Dribble Joy
22-07-06, 04:30
CEST = 1 hour in front of BST (UK is in BST atm).

edit: doh.

Yeah, means 8pm.

Pantho
22-07-06, 04:31
lol, 8pm in England... i think

Pantho
22-07-06, 04:42
Group 1 (Saturday, July-22-2006, 9pm CEST) (8pm BST)

Round 1

Remus
-vs-
Smokey the Bear

Should be good, not seen Remus on the server before.... Cant find out anything about him so *gulp*

Round 2

Pantho'
-vs-
Cream Cracker

Me worries, practice fights was 1:1. Lets rock

Round 2

Remus
-vs-
Cream Cracker

Cream cracker will win, i hope he loses so to give me more chance tbh (Cruel to be kind)

Round 3

Smokey the Bear
-vs-
Pantho'

Duel'd this guy in NF, i hope he manages to change his char.... Wont be fun if not.

Round 3

Remus
-vs-
Pantho'

All i now is he is a tank, and i cant aim, lets hope he is HC or ill cry.

Round 4

Smokey the Bear
-vs-
Cream Cracker

Cream cracker ftw on that one as well...

If i understand this right, each round is 3 fights...

If you win the first 2, you get 3 points. (3:1)

If you win 1 lose 1, win final. you get 2 points (2:1)

So each person plays 9 fight each, meaning 36 fights.
giving a total of 27 possible points for White wash wins

Lets say after all the bullshit its 10 mins per fight. thats 6 hours.... Thats gonna on on pretty dam late

-addition , What if its a draw. ive seen a few duels where both parties die at the same time.

Dribble Joy
22-07-06, 07:30
Well if tonight's little practice run was anything to go by, if I got subbed for someone who didn't show, none of you have anything to worry about.
My skills have never been worse, a truely pathetic display of PvP nibbery.

Pantho
22-07-06, 07:54
Yep, i felt sorry for him *hides*

Cadgar
22-07-06, 08:04
If i understand this right, each round is 3 fights...

If you win the first 2, you get 3 points. (3:1)

If you win 1 lose 1, win final. you get 2 points (2:1)

to that point you are right, but after it you just talked bullshit.

4 guys in 1 group, so everyone has to fight 3 guys. which means the maximum of points you can reach is 9 when you win every duel 2:0

and btw if you win the first 2 fights out of 3, the third will not be played

Dribble Joy
22-07-06, 08:30
I would try to make excuses about how I was playing at about 2-6am, high on far too much tea and cigs, after getting up at 3pm after going to bed at 2am after not having any sleep for 60 hours ad I was feeling dog rough.
But I won',t no excuse for what happened in that place.

edit: And the fact that everyone else was also up well into the morning too....

Chenoa
22-07-06, 08:53
Sry for posting again but can some1 plz tell me what time my fight is plz in group one its 9:00pm CEST weneva that shit is lol

Click me, to see what time is for you 9pmCEST (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=7&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=37)

Pantho
22-07-06, 08:53
ask people about my sleep patern.... arg

Doc Holliday
22-07-06, 09:08
ive seen remus play on both tank and pe and i know he used to be very good. as for now i have no clue as its been sooooo long ago but i will vouch he should do ok.

(remus i will expect my check in the mail to the usual address for this shameless plug ;) )

Raz2006
22-07-06, 09:29
I'd say I'm the rank outsider for my group, being a judge spy and all, but maybe I'll do good.

Worried most about Seratoz, standing still I can take an assload of HLs, but running around it always seems like I die after 3 :) The fight against him is going to be dependant entirely on my aim. And it's bound to be possibly the shortest match in the whole tournament?

Don't mean to sound big headed, but I'm not too worried about Zeke, only ever fought him once, and he lost, and refuses to fight me since, so, we'll see.

I'm just glad I've not got any tanks in my group, for obvious class-related resist problems :P

Can't wait till the fights though, I think the most fun will be against Mafdet :)

Pantho
22-07-06, 09:38
well did REMUS used to be MC or HC... Coz if he is HC ill kiss my ass goodbye already

Dribble Joy
22-07-06, 09:43
Worried most about Seratoz
I hate fighting APUs. Make one mistake and you are dead. Prefer slightly longer duels :p.

silent000
22-07-06, 11:38
well did REMUS used to be MC or HC... Coz if he is HC ill kiss my ass goodbye already

I think either and im dead melle is crazy and im nto gunna say why i hate H-C ;)

Pantho
22-07-06, 11:39
i ment to say, if its MC. lol

HC i dont mind, if i see him with a dev on his back, ill do a little belt change. and if he is MC ill throw por belt on.

Raz2006
22-07-06, 22:05
I'm watching the MOTU right now and it's a joke.

People keep diving in the arena and shit, and not sitting down.

Smokey got DQed over a rule that was made up apparently, at the start of MOTU, and said in Zone chat that was spammed to hell.

He chucked his ammo on the ground because he was overloaded, and a GM took it, and he climbed out of the arena to get some more drugs, and came back, but got DQed before he could even fight.

What the hell was he meant to do, if he didn't have his drugs or ammo, without leaving the arena? And I think it's stupid that because Blarun/Brammers decided to make up a new rule and risk it not being seen by any of the competing runners by saying it once in Zone chat....and then DQ smokey for it, just like that, no warning.

They could have just set kill'd/rezzed him again, but nah, they had to DQ him.

Blarun or Brammers if your reading this, put all the fucking rules in the RULE LIST before any more people get DQed for shit they didnt know, please.

Dribble Joy
22-07-06, 22:10
Can't say the quality of the fighting has been awesome so far....

Pantho
22-07-06, 23:10
I won, but in a fucked up way

Durandal|AI
22-07-06, 23:17
well pantho, if they cant follow the rules.. well.. sad but true

silent000
22-07-06, 23:26
Ive been banned for 3 days :( but pantho awesome fight dude u ********** me ^^ but surely i cant get banned for killing a normal runner? newayz pantho ur an excelent fighter!

And brammers and the other dude cant remeber ur name, i did that cus u DQd me and smokey for the SHITTEST reason! i got DQd for leaving the arena for ammo wen the fight twas ova, and if i didnt there would of been NO fight.... and im still not sure why smokey got DQd but the MoTU suckd with u being there!

Nidhogg
22-07-06, 23:28
You were temp banned for ignoring repeated warnings and disrupting the event. Don't make the same mistake here on the forums.

N

Durandal|AI
22-07-06, 23:30
And brammers and the other dude cant remeber ur name, i did that cus u DQd me and smokey for the SHITTEST reason! i got DQd for leaving the arena for ammo wen the fight twas ova, and if i didnt there would of been NO fight.... and im still not sure why smokey got DQd but the MoTU suckd with u being there!

we already made a statement earlier in the event

Fight = 3 rounds - you left after round one, so DQ

regards

bla

silent000
22-07-06, 23:30
I got banned for killing a normal runner and i didnt get ANY warning what so eva! i was beign decent till rbammers decided to be a noob

Durandal|AI
22-07-06, 23:31
it was a Event

no PK on events - and - you killed a "normal" runner whicht was an event host at this time

Nidhogg
22-07-06, 23:32
Take it to PMs, guys. Keep this thread clean.

N

Pantho
22-07-06, 23:44
[ edited - ignoring officials is a good way to get banned as two people found out in-game. No more warnings. ]

Soz nid, didnt see your post, i nvr read the second page

Cadgar
23-07-06, 00:04
[ edited - 3 day temp ban. This is what happens when you ignore warnings. ]

Pantho
23-07-06, 00:07
Wasnt just brammers k , was 3 judges deciding it. and im sure it wasnt those who banned u....

Nidhogg
23-07-06, 00:23
Discussion of in-game bans is not permitted here on the forums. The rules are clearly stated on ZONE chat before the event starts and aside from that you should always follow all instructions from the GM team immediately. If you don't do this not only will you be liable to a temp ban but you can be sure that you are disrupting the event for everyone else.

Now, please restrict discussion to the event itself.

N

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 00:27
The Vids will follow later, got some Problems with them (they are getting a way to dark after converting it..)

silent000
23-07-06, 00:59
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
23-07-06, 01:08
I find it not in the least surprising that the two people who ignored warnings and received temporary bans in-game have done exactly the same thing in the forums.

N

Raz2006
23-07-06, 01:27
The rules are clearly stated on ZONE chat before the event starts and aside from that you should always follow all instructions from the GM team immediately.
N

Well, this is about the event itself, and clearly stated is debatable, as there was about 25 people talking in zone chat at the time these new rules were stated, the people coming up with these rules should have made sure that the people competing knew this new rule, which should've been on the rules list anyway, shouldn't it? And could whoever is responsible, PLEASE put it on the rule list, before we have any more nights like tonight.

Pantho
23-07-06, 01:27
nid, oh Nid lovable Nid... When will we get a list of fighting GM's?

Nidhogg
23-07-06, 01:30
As I have stated, if you have a query about the rules then address it to Chenoa. It is not the responsibility of the GM team to ensure that people read instructions when they are given to them.

N

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 01:31
Well, this is about the event itself, and clearly stated is debatable, as there was about 25 people talking in zone chat at the time these new rules were stated, the people coming up with these rules should have made sure that the people competing knew this new rule, which should've been on the rules list anyway, shouldn't it? And could whoever is responsible, PLEASE put it on the rule list, before we have any more nights like tonight.

thats not our fault. ppl got told (from KK officials and GMs) that they should not usw zone chat

sorry man, i even got not read as i wrote alone there.. so..

regards
blarun

€ uploading the vids right now

yuuki
23-07-06, 01:44
actually 4 dms would have been enuff to ensure the participants get to know this new rule.
and tbh the only thing that spoiled the event (apart from fps) was your reluctance to be a lil bit cooperative.
at the very least you should have let both participants of the last round fight it out and not kust tell them both were disqualified

Dribble Joy
23-07-06, 02:01
Well the first round was bound to have teething problems....

Lets hope people generally know the deal in the later stages.

Pantho
23-07-06, 02:13
lol. I had to have some1 Throw me drugs into the arena....

Although, how hard would it be to spawn a Item vendor in the corner maybe.

Safunte
23-07-06, 06:24
i'm pissed off. DQ half of hte contestants and well, where is the actual event?

Way to fuck up one of the potentially best events thought up... especailly for running it before balancing. One might want to consider ADDING TO THE RULES PAGE, or perhaps DMING THE COMBATANTS before any future duels. Anyways i'm going to take 3 day or so break from NC for a family function... yeah.. thats it...

Pantho, if you love me, pick chenoa.

Nid, double check your rules list before editing this all away. Its not against any of the rules.

Edit: someone PM me if you have some fraps =)

Pantho
23-07-06, 06:31
I saw Jehd throwing Grenades around after the fights. but w/e.....

Its over with Safunte.

Raz2006
23-07-06, 06:38
I agree about the fact that the last round should have been a rematch if both people were DQed, its meant to be fun, and a rematch is a damn sight more fun than no fight at all.

And I'm talking about the decision made by Blarun and Brammers, as I'm almost certain Solid Rock wasn't included in that, as I was on vent with him at the time..

I think the rule should be, if a competitor leaves the arena, they must set kill self after returning to the arena. The idea of carrying 3 loads of ammo and drugs into a fight, is almost impossible on some setups.

Like for instance, my Judge using Spy, lets say I have a three 10 minute fights, and fire 185 shots every minute, thats 5550 shots..which is 139 clips, which weighs 69.5, I can not carry that much ammo into a fight on a spy, so my class restricts me from being able to fight in the MOTU? Doesn't sound awfully fair to me.

Thats like Smokey today, whos an HC PE, and anyone whos had an HC PE knows they can carry virtually nothing, as they have to spec all hc, no transport, and their ammo weighs a ton. So why not let him get ammo somehow between his fights, rather than putting him at a disadvantage because of his class/weapon choice?

Pantho
23-07-06, 06:44
I do dis-agree with you there fork, (Although i agree;d it was unfair).

But im using Executioner right, i cna only cary 4/5 of each drug and 20 clips... Thats it.

But HC PE Can carry an obsene amount tbh... He only needs to cap TPC lol..

(the drug to let him use dev gives hc i think. so yea tpc)

Raz2006
23-07-06, 06:49
With 60 strength, is that all that easy? And he was carrying 8 drugs aswell, to use the dev.

And whether or not he personally could, don't you think its rediculous then, that you can only carry that much into your fights?

Unless that rule gets changed I guess we're going to have to LoM to more transport, eh?

And Exe ammo is like 0.4 each, whereas plasma cannon ammo is i think 0.6? And he was carrying Dev ammo, and has less transport than you, because you only need resist force and transport.

Pantho
23-07-06, 07:02
With 60 strength, is that all that easy? And he was carrying 8 drugs aswell, to use the dev.

And whether or not he personally could, don't you think its rediculous then, that you can only carry that much into your fights?

Unless that rule gets changed I guess we're going to have to LoM to more transport, eh?

And Exe ammo is like 0.4 each, whereas plasma cannon ammo is i think 0.6? And he was carrying Dev ammo, and has less transport than you, because you only need resist force and transport.

Actually no.... He has more Transport.. Strenght level greatly alters your Transport. also He gets Move-on and Marine... i cant use either which both give +str +TRA +FOR

http://nc.synergyxr.net/setups/?setup=298

ok, its made in like 5 mins, but its a setup 114 resist force. 165hc, and 170Max load.

Thats with a TPC Setup.. But with a DEV you would et 180 max load because of extra strenght. PLUS Herc Pawnage.

And thats my last words on the matter.....

-EDIT , My setup only has 65trans.

http://nc.synergyxr.net/setups/?setup=183

Dribble Joy
23-07-06, 07:11
Currently, DJ carries (bar her weapons, spells and armour), about 50 clips of ammo, about 30 drugs (or more), a few armour parts from hunting, a couple of techs, about 20 sta boosters, about 6 BPs, a variety of junk that I can't be arsed to dump and a a few bits of armour that I dunno what I carry about for. And still has about 45-50 free load and 114 FOR.

Safunte
23-07-06, 07:20
its pure HC, needed to get decent aiming on dev. And no herc, thats for people who use CS + no ppr. Amount smokey can carry = 2 medis, his spells, his guns, his armor, 5 stam boosters, 3 psi boosters, and 5 of each drug. With all of this, it leaves about enough for 10-15 clips of ammo.

I see where the rule about leaving could be a good one, but honestly all it takes is a kill and a rez after reentering. Oh and... it was against the rules for spectators to be out of seats, i still see them running around ingame...
Anywho, strike 3(that i remember) for me, glad i'm not done with NC completely :lol: *digs his own grave*

Pantho
23-07-06, 07:30
ok.. sigh

180hc

170 free load.

"plz note Force/peirce is kept beloow 200 for good reasons)

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 08:21
the vids are up

you can find them HERE (http://tempstorage.ultimate-hq.info/Terra/Round1/)

Safunte
23-07-06, 08:34
Its over with Safunte.

What the fuck does that mean?

I was simply saying they better not let the next groups get fucked over so badly by their less than poor decision making.

Or if you're trying to be lame about winning the group, dont let your head grow to much... my e-penis is larger.

unreal
23-07-06, 08:50
I'm not too fond of the decisions today either and there really should be some practice before Group 2. Looking at it today, they appeared to have talked about what was going to happen, but seemingly didn't practice it. Things were dragging along a bit, and some of the little things went straight out the window.

For example, there were 5 GM's there (that I could see). The players are asked to both kill_self ready for the fight. Yet only one GM was doing the rezzing one after the other, which means time could have been saved if another GM started doing the rezzing on the second person at the same time as the first.

The people messing around on the boxes and running around inside the arena weren't being dealt with fast enough, and instead, they were picking on people that were standing up far away from the arena and a couple actually got warped out for standing up far away from the arena. This sort of incident is where the line should be drawn.

Jehn (Tan) sat there nibhealing one of the contenders for a good 5minutes before any official did anything about it. It didn't help that some chairs have a terribly awful view of the fight (ie. some are positioned with the fence in the way) and that people were forced to sit on them.

That's something that should be swiftly improved for Group 2.
I think the rule should be, if a competitor leaves the arena, they must set kill self after returning to the arena. The idea of carrying 3 loads of ammo and drugs into a fight, is almost impossible on some setups.To make it easier, perhaps an ammo vendor and goguardian could be placed inside the arena as well in the corner? If it comes to it (although I doubt it will), people trying to hide behind the goguardian/ammo vendor would be disqualified.

Edit: Just scrolled further up and Pantho said the same thing about the ammo vendor. Oops. :p

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 10:30
To make it easier, perhaps an ammo vendor and goguardian could be placed inside the arena as well in the corner? If it comes to it (although I doubt it will), people trying to hide behind the goguardian/ammo vendor would be disqualified.

they are not allowed to go to a gogo for 2 reason

First - the time it takes
Second - the lost tactical advancement (look if pantho had the chance to get to a gogo after his first fight against smokey.. well then the devourer would have been nearly useless)

Chenoa
23-07-06, 11:05
Rules on the Webpage updated !!!
So no one can say anymore he couldnt read the ZONE chat or something like this !

Raz2006
23-07-06, 15:38
Doom to those of us who can't carry 3 rounds worth of ammo, then. Nice.

Maybe I should reroll as a PE, like everyone else, just so I don't get picked on by the rules at the MOTU event.

Or maybe I should use an Xbow because the ammo weighs less, or hell, maybe both!

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 15:42
i played every class

never got any transport problems..

perhaps your "perfect pvp setup" isnt that perfect hm?

Raz2006
23-07-06, 15:53
Don't even try and talk smack about my setup, when you dont know anything about it.

I am a Judge using Spy, and for some rediculous reason, plasma pistol ammo weighs 0.5.

As I said earlier on, 139 clips weighs 69.5 and thats how many I'd need if I fired constantly for three 10 minute matches, now go and make a spy setup that caps force resist and doesn't have trouble carrying all that ammo, armor, and 9 drugs.

I still think the rule needs changing, or at least relaxing, so someone could give me some ammo, even if its just a GM spawning a couple clips and throwing them on the ground?

Safunte
23-07-06, 15:59
Rules on the Webpage updated !!!
So no one can say anymore he couldnt read the ZONE chat or something like this !

Learn how to use dms when you make up new bs rules. Make it a fact to DM EVERY COMBATANT in the future to inform them of the new rule with all its horrid glory.

- Your are not allowed to leave the arena while the duel is in progress, this includes leaving the arena for ammo or any other items. Make sure you take enough ammo for 3 rounds with you.

First off, gramar check. Second off, lets say i was using tpc .6 weight, 227/minute, 30 minutes. that makes 6810 possible shots in 3 fights. At 40 shots per clip this makes you need 171 clips of ammo... and at that .6 weight, thats 102 points of free load gone, ntm drugs, bones,imps,spells,armor,gun,boosters,medis. God forbid you carry something like a dogtag, you might just not be able ot move at all after that.

This Event was designed to see the best of the best in regards to peoples combat setups/ability to use them. I think everyone that went decided for themselves who won, only difference here is i dont get to kill chenoa, and i dont get whatever BS prize thats made up since one hasn't even been thought of yet. just like the officials decided who won as they threw out the DQs without consideration of a rematch if the opponent was okay with it.

Use some fucking logic before you implement new rules, especially with how you communicate them to the ONLY 4 PEOPLE WHO NEED TO KNOW. not the entire fucking zone whos blabbing away making zone incredibly pointless to read.

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 16:03
Learn how to use dms when you make up new bs rules. Make it a fact to DM EVERY COMBATANT in the future to inform them of the new rule with all its horrid glory.

nope

just stop spamming the zone chat and listen to the event hosts

its not that hard i think..

Raz2006
23-07-06, 16:09
just stop spamming the zone chat and listen to the event hosts

Smokey didn't say shit in zone chat, so why bother telling him that?

He can't stop people spamming in zone chat, and he wasn't doing it himself, so what was he meant to do?

And what I find most annoying is, Smokey would have won his group, with maybe even 9 points! But he didn't because he got DQed for a rule hardly anyone knew in his first fight, and the judges found it fitting to just announce Pantho' as the winner rather than letting Cracker and Smokey fight and give everyone else a chance.

And I'd like to request that the GMs do something about FPS problems with slower computers in there. My computer whips the "Recommended Stats" but I get 14-20 fps in the arena, which will give me a disadvantage against anyone with a better computer than me, a possible fix would be to remove the skulls, and simplify the arena by removing the boxes that the chairs stand on, and have them floating in mid air?

Brammers
23-07-06, 16:30
Smokey didn't say shit in zone chat, so why bother telling him that?

He can't stop people spamming in zone chat, and he wasn't doing it himself, so what was he meant to do?

And what I find most annoying is, Smokey would have won his group, with maybe even 9 points! But he didn't because he got DQed for a rule hardly anyone knew in his first fight, and the judges found it fitting to just announce Pantho' as the winner rather than letting Cracker and Smokey fight and give everyone else a chance.

Smokey got disqualified twice because he broke the rules twice. It was stated clearly on zone chat at the start, and repeat several times to remind figthers that fighters were not allow to leave the arena during their fights.

It is certainly not fair on the fighter if he follows the rules and his opponent breaks then.

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 16:37
And I'd like to request that the GMs do something about FPS problems with slower computers in there.

lol

what should they do? buy you a new computer?

Raz2006
23-07-06, 16:38
It was stated clearly on zone chat at the start, and repeat several times to remind figthers that fighters were not allow to leave the arena during their fights.

Here we go with the "clearly stated" nonsense again....

Me, Smokey, and everyone else on my vent missed this "Clearly Stated" rule, while we were all reading the chat so it obviously wasn't "Clearly Stated" enough.

Err, no? Maybe one of the things I suggested? Or maybe they should make a stupid comment about it, like you just did, instead?

Safunte
23-07-06, 16:40
And I'd like to request that the GMs do something about FPS problems with slower computers in there.

lol

You're not event host material.

Smokey got disqualified twice because he broke the rules twice. It was stated clearly on zone chat at the start, and repeat several times to remind figthers that fighters were not allow to leave the arena during their fights.

It is certainly not fair on the fighter if he follows the rules and his opponent breaks then.

perhaps you could of asked the fighter if it was alright with him that his opponent wasn't disqualified... who knows, maybe some people actually wanted to see a fight at an event based on dueling.

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 16:49

Me, Smokey, and everyone else on my vent missed this "Clearly Stated" rule, while we were all reading the chat so it obviously wasn't "Clearly Stated" enough.

07-22-2006 21:16:09 > Evil Monkey Kid : i used my last drugz then you said self kill lol
07-22-2006 21:16:24 > Pantho' : grrr
07-22-2006 21:16:30 > ZONE> Brammers : Will fighters please have drugs, armour, and anythging for their fight. Once in the arena you may not leave until the fight is over
07-22-2006 21:16:33 > Smokey The Bear : STFU AL
07-22-2006 21:16:33 > Smokey The Bear : lol
07-22-2006 21:16:49 > ZONE> Brammers : Ok fighters rdy?
07-22-2006 21:16:55 > ZONE> Brammers : Hold
07-22-2006 21:17:01 > aehm
07-22-2006 21:17:10 > nachdem smokey draussen war - waere ein neuer rezz angebracht
07-22-2006 21:17:11 > TEAM> Brammers : Go?
07-22-2006 21:17:19 > ZONE> Smokey The Bear : RYD
07-22-2006 21:17:26 > ZONE> Brammers : Ok ready?

just learn to read guys, wheres the spam? WHERE is it?

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 16:51
You're not event host material.

well, you think you are? so why am i doing it hm? cuz noone (except brammers and solid) wanted to do it

Raz2006
23-07-06, 16:52
So that's when you said it? After Smokey was in the arena? Thats even better...

So, he's in the arena, and about to have to set kill, and lose the drugs he'd just put on, so he needs to leave the arena to get some more, not his fault.

And Blarun, don't ask us why you're allowed to do it, I sure as hell don't know after that immature little comment about my FPS request...

just learn to read guys, wheres the spam? WHERE is it?

And where are the repeated times you supposedly said it? That looks like once to me, and as I said, Smokey was already inside the arena when you said it. Slightly late to be making up a new rule, imo. And I'm sorry maybe we should keep our eyes peeled for these new rules that fly out of nowhere just as the first fight is about to start?

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 17:10
true

but was the fight started? NO it wasnt

so he was allowed to get out at this point - but he didnt want to - so not our fault if he cant read a single line stated by an event host

Raz2006
23-07-06, 17:14
so he was allowed to get out at this point

Read what Brammers said again, please.

Will fighters please have drugs, armour, and anythging for their fight. Once in the arena you may not leave until the fight is over

Once in the arena, not once the fight has started.

So, by your own rule, Smokey was now trapped in the arena, not having been told what he'd need before he climbed inside.

Chenoa
23-07-06, 17:20
This Event was designed to see the best of the best in regards to peoples combat setups/ability to use them.
You are more then only wrong. THIS EVENT was made for having a great time - FUN ! Thats why i dont tell you the prizes.

Rewards : These wont be disclosed to the public yet. all I can say is: there will be a selection for the winners !
(Fun & honour should be the prime reward anyway!)

And btw. You all should stop flaming the Event hosts, they do very much work voluntary and only getting flames.... i´m a bit wondering why 2 servers accepted all rules and have had great fights, much fun on the event and only a few peoples here not, same arena, same rules, some same event hosts! - think about !

- GMs can´t change anything for better fps, also me, pls notice it!

Now you should go back to the topic and stop the flame etc !

Pantho
23-07-06, 17:22
I 100% agree its not the event hosts fault -

Zeltarg
-vs-
Ashley Watts

I gotta see this.

Raz2006
23-07-06, 17:50
i´m a bit wondering why 2 servers accepted all rules and have had great fights, much fun on the event and only a few peoples here not, same arena, same rules, some same event hosts!

I've heard people were climbing in and out of the arena inbetween fights on the german server without any problems. That means they didn't have this silly rule about carrying all your equipment in at the start of the fight.

GMs can´t change anything for better fps, also me, pls notice it!

And yes, GMs can. If the arena was slightly less cluttered, then people would get better fps, less boxes, removal of the skulls, possible removal of some of the other pointless junk left outside of the arena, for instance.

And we aren't flaming the hosts, we're disagreeing with their decision, and just because only me and safunte are posting about it doesn't mean we're the only ones who disagree with their decisions, either.

This is still perfectly on topic, as the topic is the MOTU event.

Faid
23-07-06, 18:15
I would like to know why exactly this new rule was implemented, surely it couldnt have been to save time? Foreign buffs couldnt be an issue due to kill self / insta rez by a GM. So why exactly? Maybe someone decides to switch out a weapon or armor to better adapt? I dont see the problem in that. The only thing I can think of is the GM's simply didnt want to rez. But I dont know exactly why they made the rule up just before the first fight, thats why Im asking. The fact that the rule was poorly stated kinda really sucks as well, couldnt one of the five gm's there have stated this rule in their little "GM Announcement" font broadcast on all channels. Rather than a Non GM character stating it on an already cluttered Zone chat, which could easily have been missed by anyone.

So could one of the officials of this particular event [ edited ] plz answer to why exactly the new rule was implemented?

aKe`cj
23-07-06, 18:23
And yes, GMs can. If the arena was slightly less cluttered, then people would get better fps, less boxes, removal of the skulls, possible removal of some of the other pointless junk left outside of the arena, for instance.

Sorry dude... but obviously you dont have a clue about what a few polys do to your fps. Please compare the polycount of a SINGLE player-model to the 10-20 models you're asking them to remove. Those models wont have any impact on your FPS... removing all spectators would.. bould meh - you cant be asking for that, eh?
Compared to earlier pvp events (Tristar) the frames are very nice and I can see the GM team put quit some effort in providing a fps-friendly arena.

cl0wn
23-07-06, 18:42
I've heard people were climbing in and out of the arena inbetween fights on the german server without any problems. That means they didn't have this silly rule about carrying all your equipment in at the start of the fight.

If this is true it would be good to get an official reply to this, I would like to know why the german servers get different rules to the english server. :mad:

StevenJ
23-07-06, 18:44
If this is true it would be good to get an official reply to this.

Agreed, it's an important point. Heresay is one thing, can we pls have the official opinion?

Pantho
23-07-06, 19:55
Sorry dude... but obviously you dont have a clue about what a few polys do to your fps. Please compare the polycount of a SINGLE player-model to the 10-20 models you're asking them to remove. Those models wont have any impact on your FPS... removing all spectators would.. bould meh - you cant be asking for that, eh?
Compared to earlier pvp events (Tristar) the frames are very nice and I can see the GM team put quit some effort in providing a fps-friendly arena.

Wrong your aim scrolls along the Podium, you get massive FPS crash and mouselag... Especially when every1 is running around

aKe`cj
23-07-06, 20:07
Wrong your aim scrolls along the Podium, you get massive FPS crash and mouselag... Especially when every1 is running around

How about you read my post again? The playermodels have a much higher polycount compared to the boxes. adding / removing a single player-model makes up for all boxes near that arena... of course the FPS drop when you have 20+ playermodels in your vis. Try it when the zone is empty and see how notable the FPS drop is !

Durandal|AI
23-07-06, 20:07
If this is true it would be good to get an official reply to this, I would like to know why the german servers get different rules to the english server. :mad:

they got the same rules

Brammers
23-07-06, 20:13

I'm clearly impressed, that everyone on your vent missed that.

So, by your own rule, Smokey was now trapped in the arena, not having been told what he'd need before he climbed inside.

If he said to us, "Ahh erm I need ammo for 3 rounds", then we would had considered it. However he choose to leave the arena after the 1st round of his fight.

The rules are exactly the same on the German servers.

Now I think myself Durandal|AI have said the same thing over and over again. Last nights fights is history. The next fights are on Tuesday. Now I'm off to Mars to watch the fights where people have no problem with the rules.

Nightwolfx
23-07-06, 20:15
they got the same rules

They do not have the same rules i turnd up for the mercury event and their arena is more FPS friendly and i saw multiple contestants leaving the arena on the 2nd round!

Brammers
23-07-06, 20:41
They do not have the same rules i turnd up for the mercury event and their arena is more FPS friendly and i saw multiple contestants leaving the arena on the 2nd round!

Last time on this subject, the rules are the same on all servers.

As for Mecury being more FPS friendly, there was less people on Mecury than on Mars or Terra.

Raz2006
23-07-06, 20:54
If he said to us, "Ahh erm I need ammo for 3 rounds", then we would had considered it. However he choose to leave the arena after the 1st round of his fight.

Nope, were you even watching? Evil Monkey Kid never fought Smokey the Bear, he left before the first round.

Chenoa
23-07-06, 21:00

Nice what you heard, but it isnt definitly true ! The first round on mars was every time closed with a fence - no one came outside !!!

And the rules are all the same on all 3 servers, so you all should better stop complaining and don´t pay too much attention to rumors.

Pantho
23-07-06, 21:50
lol. Thats a dam good point.

Smokey said he left for ammo... He never shot any ammo

Nightwolfx
23-07-06, 22:08
i belive (i may be wrong) that smokey had put his ammo on the floor tempoarily and a GM pikd it up? am i right?

Volvic
23-07-06, 22:29
[ edited - don't evade your ban, especially just to call us liars. :rolleyes: ]

Skusty
23-07-06, 22:35
I was in finland so i could not Particapate. :(

Raz2006
24-07-06, 05:27
i belive (i may be wrong) that smokey had put his ammo on the floor tempoarily and a GM pikd it up? am i right?

Yep, smokey threw his ammo on the floor, and a GM picked it up, because he couldnt climb on the boxes with all that ammo that he has to carry because of that stupid rule.

And smokey didn't leave for ammo the first time, it was for drugs, because he used his drugs, then had to set kill, and hadnt brought extra drugs, because until he got into the arena, the rule didn't exist.

Pantho
24-07-06, 08:08
Meh w/e its done with...

Lost my exec, so WTB Frame of Exec. or can use this crappy one.

SorkZmok
24-07-06, 10:28
I really can't understand that people aren't abled to carry enough shit for 3 fights.

I'm a pistol spy with quite high resist force and still i can carry enough ammo for 2 guns, 10 RF/NS/Beast, at least 5 anti drugs of each kind, stamina boosters, psi boosters, 3 belts and a few spare spells and other shit to fight long enough.

And that thing about 3 fights for 10 minutes each, firing shots constantly...sorry, bullshit. It barely ever takes more than 5 clips to kill someone, at least when i'm using my slasher. Add 2, maybe 3 Xbow clips to that and either me or my opponent is dead. That would be 15 to 20 clips at maximum for 3 duels. Drugs at the start of each duels, so bring 4 of each if you have to sett killself once. If you need to take about 543621 drugs just to be abled to fight that's your fucking fault. It's not the drugs, it's the skill anyway. :)
Done.
So don't try to make up shitty excuses.

On the other hand, not allowing people to leave the arena is just plain stupid aswell.

At least put a fucking gogu in there somewhere. What's so hard about that? I really can't see it giving any advantages. And if someone tries hiding in it ban him for that. Not for leaving the arena just to be abled to keep on fighting. o_O

And on the pking at the event, everyone knows it's not allowed and will at least get you teleported away from the place.

Pantho
24-07-06, 11:50
Well SkullCult did wait until the END of the event to have there wicked way.... :)

I think ppl got the idea to run when Cyber Medic holy DB Santum'd

Edit - now that i think about it.. We are a violent group. the 3 RP meetings we ever held (FA only) All ended in bloodshed...

Nightwolfx
24-07-06, 11:52
Cream Cracker carrys is a pistol spy and he carrys 10 of each drug 13 anti damage boost 25 clips of slasher 45 clips of xbow 3 green drag 3 poion resists potion 5 stams 5 psi boosters rep glove and imp gel :cool:

Nightwolfx
24-07-06, 11:54
Well SkullCult did wait until the END of the event to have there wicked way.... :)

I think ppl got the idea to run when Cyber Medic holy DB Santum'd

Edit - now that i think about it.. We are a violent group. the 3 RP meetings we ever held (FA only) All ended in bloodshed...

Yeh pantho eXL even manages to come down we killed quite a few and just as i was about to kill the rezzing ppu got kicked from server and was banned :D

Nidhogg
24-07-06, 12:19
Ok, let me just finish this up here.

1) silent000 - evading a ban is a serious offence. Your evasion account is permanently banned and your main account has had its temp ban reset so it starts again now. Any more evasion accounts will result in your main ban being extended and I will make it permanent if I have to.

2) Discussing bans is not permitted. It stops right now.

3) I don't want to hear any more whining about what happened the other night. The rules have been made clearer and the whole thing is in the past. Deal and move on.

N

Raz2006
24-07-06, 15:32
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
24-07-06, 16:09
@Cadgar - same deal for you. Volvic is perm banned and Cadgar has its 3-day ban reset starting from now.

The rules apply to you, whether in-game or on the forums.

N

yuuki
24-07-06, 16:40
[ edited - I said it was over.]

yuuki
24-07-06, 16:51
i don't see why a proposal i made concerning spawning and despawning things has nothing to do with future matches

Nidhogg
24-07-06, 16:55
As I have said a number of times so far on this thread, address your rule change requests directly to Chenoa by PM or email. They're not up for discussion here on the forums.

N

Chenoa
24-07-06, 17:23
There is now a box INSIDE the Arena , where you can put the ammo you dont need during the fights !

Safunte
24-07-06, 17:37
[ edited ] <---erased by nidhogg

EDIT::: I'd still like to keep the part of my post that was a thank you to chenoa for listening and doing something about it.

And the part that says that Pantho shouldn't be the only one saying just drop it because he won by default and doesn't want any resistance on that matter.

Brammers
25-07-06, 11:03
Zeltarg
-vs-
Ashley Watts

I gotta see this.

And you will. Tonights fights feature:-

Tyler Durdon
Zeltarg
Chosen One
Ashley Watts

Place your bets, and see you all at 20:00 BST/21:00 CEST/15:00EDT/12:00PDT (Other time zones here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=25&month=7&year=2006&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=83))

unreal
25-07-06, 12:26
There is now a box INSIDE the Arena , where you can put the ammo you dont need during the fights !There's just one problem there. What if the ammo/drugs get cleaned up by the server? Maybe this is a good excuse for another GM to stand inside the arena and pick it up and hold it, and therefore when the time comes, time can be saved by having both players rezzed by both GM's respectively at the same time.

Brammers
25-07-06, 12:40
There's just one problem there. What if the ammo/drugs get cleaned up by the server? Maybe this is a good excuse for another GM to stand inside the arena and pick it up and hold it, and therefore when the time comes, time can be saved by having both players rezzed by both GM's respectively at the same time.

I'll warn the fighters that the ammo/drugs may get cleaned up by the server. The box is there for both fighters, so there is a risk in using the box for storing your ammo and drugs.

unreal
25-07-06, 13:31
Another thing worth mentioning. It's an easy opportunity for people to griefplay as well. The opponent could steal the other guys ammo/drugs, so when the time comes, he could get an easy win, since the opponent won't have his extra ammo/drugs and get disqualified. If there's enough room to place a usable box inside the arena, surely there's enough room to stick a goguardian they can use instead. It would solve all these problems.

giga191
25-07-06, 13:38
hopefully my new power supply will have arrived by tonight, 15v going thru 12v lines is bad and so is 0.2 volts too much on my vcore

Dribble Joy
25-07-06, 13:39
The problem with a gogu, is that you can have anything in there beyond the drugs and ammo allowed in the box. Fighting an APU? Ditch your inq and stick on the duranium/nit in there. Though clearly a gogu stops people pinching other's stuff as said.

Which option is the lesser of the two evils I am unsure of.

Brammers
25-07-06, 13:57
Another thing worth mentioning. It's an easy opportunity for people to griefplay as well. The opponent could steal the other guys ammo/drugs, so when the time comes, he could get an easy win, since the opponent won't have his extra ammo/drugs and get disqualified. If there's enough room to place a usable box inside the arena, surely there's enough room to stick a goguardian they can use instead. It would solve all these problems.

As I said above...The box is there for both fighters, so there is a risk in using the box for storing your ammo and drugs. It's down to the fighters whether they choose to use the box or not.

unreal
25-07-06, 14:16
@Dribble: Give an example of such an item? They haven't said you aren't allowed to place things like armour/whatever inside it. They'll have to be more specific about what can and can't be placed there, if that's the case, even though there's nothing that can use during the fight that makes it unfair. A goguardian inside the arena is going to have very little impact on the duels themselves, or the fairness of them.

Changing armour after predicting what type of damage you're going to recieve before the fight begins is probably the only real tactic available to you apart from nibbuffing your opponent during the fight. Each person is only going to fight the same opponent once. At the very least, it makes the fight last a tad longer and therefore be more interesting.

Both contenders will be able to do the same as each other if they wish, but in general, it probably won't happen. We all have the same average setups, to get good resists in all areas. Changing a bit of armour here and there won't make too big a difference.
Fighting an APU? Ditch your inq and stick on the duranium/nit in there.It takes the APU a whole second to switch to his Fire Apoc or Poison Beam once he's noticed his Holy Lightning is doing less damage than it generally would, and begin zapping away. :rolleyes:

Edit: @Brammers: An unneccessary risk where opponents can easily get their opponent disqualified. Unlucky for Judge Spies or similair then, or basically any class that can't use lightweight crossbow ammo, or psi boosters. I guess it's up to Chenoa and the other people in charge.

Pantho
25-07-06, 15:15
Safunte..... I really dont like you saying that. i welcomed a re-match and oposed the Kicks from the event fully.... Its no fun winning if i dont get to fight.

Brammers
25-07-06, 15:29
Edit: @Brammers: An unneccessary risk where opponents can easily get their opponent disqualified. Unlucky for Judge Spies or similair then, or basically any class that can't use lightweight crossbow ammo, or psi boosters. I guess it's up to Chenoa and the other people in charge.

How do you see, that it's possible to get an opponent disqualified by using this box?

I can only see that opponent A foolishly puts in his ammo for rounds 2 and 3 of his fight in there, opponent B steals it, as I said it's the fighters choice to a) carry all the ammo needed for 3 rounds, or b) Risk using the box.

Granted it would be unsporting to steal an opponent ammo, but that is the risk of using the box.

yuuki
25-07-06, 15:32
Place your bets, and see you all at 20:00 BST/21:00 CEST/15:00EDT/12:00PDT

erm so you're gonna take our bets this time like avi did on mars? :D
oh and personnaly i'll just put so much ammo into the crate that my opponent can't move if he steals it :p

giga191
25-07-06, 15:42
maybe you should be disqualified if you can't fight without the use of a box :lol:

Brammers
25-07-06, 15:43
erm so you're gonna take our bets this time like avi did on mars? :D

Sorry I won't be, but I'm sure there will be other bookies taking bets tonight, watch your local chat, as I did see a few runners taking bets last time.

Durandal|AI
25-07-06, 15:45
hehe not me yuuki

i dont have enough money on terra for that :-/

yuuki
25-07-06, 15:54
oh, what a pitty, for me as a hiroller the money was a lil low last time, but i can cope with that :p

unreal
25-07-06, 16:25
How do you see, that it's possible to get an opponent disqualified by using this box?You explained exactly the same thing I did in your next paragraph, which means it's so mind dumbingly obvious how it's going to be possible.
I can only see that opponent A foolishly puts in his ammo for rounds 2 and 3 of his fight in there, opponent B steals it, as I said it's the fighters choice to a) carry all the ammo needed for 3 rounds, or b) Risk using the box.

Granted it would be unsporting to steal an opponent ammo, but that is the risk of using the box.Not everyone has the transport of a Tank, so it's not just the "fighters choice". They're going to have to "foolishly" store (and therefore "risk" unneccessarily their place in the Tournament because of disqualification) their ammo/drugs/items for the second or third fight in the box because they aren't allowed to leave the arena to get them from a Goguardian, since they can't carry it all at once.

Unsporting is an understatement. Parashock is unsporting, but people still use it in-game at every turn, why? They see it as an easy win solution. That's exactly what can and most likely will be done here, and to say the least, it shouldn't even be added into the equation. It's absurd.

It won't guarantee that someone wins all their fights, but it can guarantee that someone will lose at least one or two of their fights from not being able to take part, which would help someone else get points that could push them across the finish line. Of course this is unfair, and a form of cheating. All those overly strict rules that were decided upon at the start were meant to be there to keep things fair and organised, but now it's going in the opposite direction.

Anyway, I think I've gone on about that enough now as it is, hopefully what I've been talking about won't happen during the event. Can't wait for the fights in Group 2. Zeltarg > Ass Wart. :p

Brammers
25-07-06, 16:44
You explained exactly the same thing I did in your next paragraph, which means it's so mind dumbingly obvious how it's going to be possible.Not everyone has the transport of a Tank, so it's not just the "fighters choice". They're going to have to "foolishly" store (and therefore "risk" unneccessarily their place in the Tournament because of disqualification) their ammo/drugs/items for the second or third fight in the box because they aren't allowed to leave the arena to get them from a Goguardian, since they can't carry it all at once....etc...etc...etc.

This is my last post on this subject.

Now the rules say "- Your are not allowed to leave the arena while the duel is in progress, this includes leaving the arena for ammo or any other items. Make sure you take enough ammo for 3 rounds with you. " So far, it seems only 1 or 2 out of 15 runners so far in MotU had issues with carrying ammo for 3 rounds.

If the fighters dump the ammo in the box, and loose it, thats not our problem. That's their choice for taking the risk of using the box. As I stated in my first post on this subject I will warn runners at the fights.

Durandal|AI
25-07-06, 16:52
funny thing is

the germans do not have such problems..

unreal
25-07-06, 16:58
There's no point quoting the rules, I've read and understood what they are, and some of them, such as this one, are unbelievably fatuous; the entire reason a handful of problems have ascended before us. I'm off to sweat my arse off outside. It's 4pm and it's still 30C, way too hot especially when there's no wind. :o Good luck with the event later. Or should I say, good luck Ass Wart (that's Ashley Watts btw). :p

Brammers
25-07-06, 17:17
There's no point quoting the rules, I've read and understood what they are, and some of them, such as this one...etc

Most of us are here to have fun at the MotU, something which seems to clearly missed you...

P.S. Are you actually a contestant in the MotU? I don't spot you or any of your alts that I know.

Raz2006
25-07-06, 17:50
Oh damn I'm going to have to 'risk' the box, because I'm so foolish to be using a lower TL weapon than most spies.

Unrael is, I believe, an observer, as I was on saturday. And if anyone has their ammo stolen, what are you going to do about it, DQ everyone? People want to see fights, and have fun, but it's hard to have fun, when the rules seem to go as far as restrict what class/weapon type you can use. Like for instance, an HC spy should be able to enter and compete like anyone else (and lose, but nonetheless) but they wouldn't because of this weight restriction.

IMO, the best way to deal with it would be to put a gogu so high up that you have to stand right underneath it to get anything out of it, so it can't be hidden behind?

Thanks for the box Chenoa.

Pantho
25-07-06, 18:13
they can make gogo's the Size of a beer can in the corner of the room...

Anyways im looking forward to tonight - And Brammers Skullcult will be on BEST Behavour :D

(Even War-barney, i was rdy to kill him myself last saturday, to be fair, he did just lose all his inv/imps to a bug)