14-07-06, 18:29
Its becomeing my Realm! muahahahah shame no1 plays it :( i cant boss no1 around

NAPPER
14-07-06, 19:06
Its becomeing my Realm! muahahahah shame no1 plays it :( i cant boss no1 around

you couldnt even if you wanted to andy lol

Pantho
17-07-06, 06:23
tbh I think they delete the server, transfer chars/items, but make Capped chars reset xp to 160m in there 2 main skills...

Prevent woc whoring.

Apocalypsox
17-07-06, 07:34
hurhur...pantho if they do that i would LOVE to see how many times our characters login screenshot gets deleted and how many times we turn PURPLE again :lol: i liked being purple tbh...

unreal
17-07-06, 07:46
heh, They should turn Neptune into a Planetside style server. Pretty similair to what Pantho said, make everything (especially vehicles) free, mostly available various NPCs, even rares, but possibly not artifact ones. Get rid of SI completely unless you're using LOM pills. Now that's what you call a PvP server. ;)

Nerf the firing rate of the Crossbow on that server, or simply remove it and its mission NPCs. Since everything is mostly free, people won't be whining or humping a PPU either (unless it shows how truly gay they are) because they don't want to lose their 2 slot blessed deflector, that they're seemingly so poor to replace.

calim
17-07-06, 09:20
I'm not sure that make available all items of the game would be a good thing for the RPG part of it. Secrets and "wait for" take a huge part in the game interest.
I think it's not compatible. Neocron stays a MMORPG/FPS and built around an idea "you need time and friends to get what you need".

Riddle
17-07-06, 14:05
neptune?....

RusSki
17-07-06, 14:17
I'm not sure that make available all items of the game would be a good thing for the RPG part of it. Secrets and "wait for" take a huge part in the game interest.
I think it's not compatible. Neocron stays a MMORPG/FPS and built around an idea "you need time and friends to get what you need".

At what point was neptune (the pvp server) meant to be an rp server?

You still have the other servers to pretend your a transexual, a robot or whatever, if u want to rp.

heh, They should turn Neptune into a Planetside style server. Pretty similair to what Pantho said, make everything (especially vehicles) free, mostly available various NPCs, even rares, but possibly not artifact ones. Get rid of SI completely unless you're using LOM pills. Now that's what you call a PvP server. ;)

YES!

unreal
17-07-06, 14:30
I think it's not compatible. Neocron stays a MMORPG/FPS and built around an idea "you need time and friends to get what you need".Then why was Neptune created?

Neptune was supposed to be a more PvP orientated server compared to normal, yet all they did was make earning experience a tiny bit faster, and toned SI down a tad. Both are good things, but what's the point if noone wants to level or earn a load of cash, then do endless tech farming all over again, to get their rare weapons and implants? Not to mention, you'll need a researcher AND a constructor when you only have two character slots. That's the reason it still has 0% population to this day.

The problem with the Neocron servers at the moment is most people hug their paraspamming PPU's, or purposely clip whore their way to killing their enemies (or "allies" these days, since the low populations made it a free-for-all). The only non-gay fighting you see is usually at the Military Base, and I'd rather suck off a horse than play there with all the zone whoring, clip whoring, and lag damage you get so frequently. Also, Summer time has arrived, which makes things twice as bad, since noone will be on.

There needs to be a more global place to fight, and don't say NeoFrag, because it's a pile of wank for the most part. Maybe a large simple duelling arena should be added, instead of the clipwhore maps.

That's why the whole "free" idea was brought up, to try to entice people away from that lameness, and to stop them caring about losing their inexpensive items. "oh no, I lost my 2 slot blessed deflector, i'm going to cry!"

Edit:
At what point was neptune (the pvp server) meant to be an rp server?

You still have the other servers to pretend your a transexual, a robot or whatever, if u want to rp.Biatch for posting that before I clicked submit. lol 11/f/phillipines tbh (stay the frig away Mr Kot!). :p lol I think it's sad that it's come to this point though. At one time you could get a good fight anywhere, and now you just can't. Which is why people are still asking about Neptune and hoping something comes of it.

SnowCrash
17-07-06, 14:42
Neptune was meant to be the true pvp server. Unfortunately it wasn't accepted as we had hoped. There are plans for this server but I cannot give you any details yet. More in due course.

NAPPER
17-07-06, 14:51
More in due course.

cant you even give a date when your going to say somthing bout it ???
or dont you know whats going to happen to it and is that why you cant say anything bout it ?

unreal
17-07-06, 15:27
Unfortunately it wasn't accepted as we had hoped.The changes that were made to Neptune would be better off being applied to every other server really. It would make playing those servers that bit more enjoyable, compared to sitting around spending more time being bored; ie, doing the levelling grind or sitting around waiting for tonnes of SI to shift after teleporting somewhere (or similairly, dying).

Good to hear something is being planned, but bleh, "plans" and "in due course" are seen all too often. The changes that were made to Neptune to begin with were minimal and I won't expect these plans to be considerably larger in comparison. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

I can't see how almost no progress has been made where Neptune is concerned though, for a whole 7months or so. It shouldn't take THAT long to be able to tweak a few settings here and there. What's been happening?

[ edited ]

calim
17-07-06, 17:23
Then why was Neptune created?

Neptune was supposed to be a more PvP orientated server compared to normal, yet all they did was make earning experience a tiny bit faster, and toned SI down a tad. Both are good things, but what's the point if noone wants to level or earn a load of cash, then do endless tech farming all over again, to get their rare weapons and implants? Not to mention, you'll need a researcher AND a constructor when you only have two character slots. That's the reason it still has 0% population to this day.

The problem with the Neocron servers at the moment is most people hug their paraspamming PPU's, or purposely clip whore their way to killing their enemies (or "allies" these days, since the low populations made it a free-for-all). The only non-gay fighting you see is usually at the Military Base, and I'd rather suck off a horse than play there with all the zone whoring, clip whoring, and lag damage you get so frequently. Also, Summer time has arrived, which makes things twice as bad, since noone will be on.

There needs to be a more global place to fight, and don't say NeoFrag, because it's a pile of wank for the most part. Maybe a large simple duelling arena should be added, instead of the clipwhore maps.

That's why the whole "free" idea was brought up, to try to entice people away from that lameness, and to stop them caring about losing their inexpensive items. "oh no, I lost my 2 slot blessed deflector, i'm going to cry!"

Edit:Biatch for posting that before I clicked submit. lol 11/f/phillipines tbh (stay the frig away Mr Kot!). :p lol I think it's sad that it's come to this point though. At one time you could get a good fight anywhere, and now you just can't. Which is why people are still asking about Neptune and hoping something comes of it.

Ok, that's not what i mean in fact. but i globally agree.
What i say is i'm totally against the (any) PvP server and these derivate (like i've red here) from the *begining*. You're right about the problem is *deeply* stuck in neocron itself, the code and balance.
actually, they can make as many PvP servers they want, it'll bring to the same results.

more ! In a conditional future, when balance would be done and generals game mechanisms would be fixed. UI revisited. With all of these i don't see the point to make a server PvP or not with all items available - it makes a no sense for me, or it's called another game. (like they did with "fallout tactics").

The way they transformed pandore to a money-waste PvP-server is burning me. Make neocron it's destined to be before trying to transform it quickly and dirtly to a called "pvp server" !!

calim
17-07-06, 17:33
Neptune was meant to be the true pvp server. Unfortunately it wasn't accepted as we had hoped. There are plans for this server but I cannot give you any details yet. More in due course.

The good point is that now, you know why it wasn't accepted as you had hoped ! There was huge signs to predicate it ... I spoken enough about past. I look forward but i'm still a pandore's player it's not erasable (does that word exists?) ;)

Pantho
17-07-06, 18:18
ooo Double poster.

They wont give the plans away, because what if it is a item transfer/char transfer every1 would go over capp, 2 chars .

unreal
17-07-06, 19:29
One more thing Calim. Even if the "free" sort of changes were implemented on Neptune (although I would think it's highly unlikely for that one), or whatever else that's going to make it more PvP orientated, it doesn't mean you can't role play on it. I would both like and dislike a PvP server.

People go on about role playing, but I rarely see any of that in-game. The only role play I see is something that's turned into a story on the forum or a Neocronicle/VotR article. The last role play I saw was Average Joe pretending to be a pirate on Captain Pugwash, and that was months ago now.

Making Neptune fun to play on means my hard earned characters on Terra would go to waste (as they currently are doing anyway, not been able to find decent fights lately and I don't do the whole pointless levelling for no reason thing). But if it means people who love to PvP from both Mars and Terra end up in the same place, to be able to fight each other, I'm all for it.

The main problems right now aren't really inbalance or bugs, although they're annoying, it's certain things that make PvP pointless and frustrating at the same time, and therefore have a serious impact on the population. An example being Parashock (same old tune is starting), for whatever reason the devs want to keep it in-game, even though everyone but the people who want easy kills (maybe those people are the developers! o_O lol) hates it.

It makes the only PvP we can find incredibly boring. Most of the people I speak to say they hate it, then you see them or their friend on a PPU using it later on. If you can't persuade the community from not using it the best thing is to remove it or change it drastically. The preceding of the two should be reserved most definitely for Parashock. ;)

Surely making a simple change like that is good for business and therefore the population too.

Anyone who might know, has there been a poll about who likes or dislikes Parashock, and other such items, and whether they should be removed or changed? Might be something in the balancing forum but I've not kept up with that lately, for obvious reasons.

calim
17-07-06, 20:18
...or whatever else that's going to make it more PvP orientated, it doesn't mean you can't role play on it.

I didn't say that. But if you ask i would say i prefer roleplay on a no-pvp oriented server. (But i didn't say i'm a full roleplayer :P)
For example i don't like the idea of safe zone and locked slot absence.

The fact is i'm not playing neocron for the PvP side. But i don't say i don't like it.

NAPPER
17-08-06, 05:14
so any chance we could know any more on this subject at all please

Fero
17-08-06, 05:41
Amusing thread.
Neptune aside ... we all crave damn patches and damn updates.
Some of Neptune's changes need to be put on regular servers.
Si reduction and xp gain are first.
Rares need to drop more so people can easily have replacements. Better Slot chances are good too.
We all saw that there is quite a few new people hang around. i sure hope they have plans on loosing those LEs soon. God forbid, if they have "LEd till woc" idea in their heads.
Remove SI from loms ... leave xp loss. People dont need to waste time .. they lose xp already. I see nothing bad in fine tuning ones setup in few minutes instead of few hours.
Fix damn Nefrag ... should i mention Wargames location for doy o_O ? Seriously ...how long was it closed ?

KK needs to do something to promote PeeVehPee.
Simplicity is a bliss,so devs need to Simplify runners life :)

Rawr. I hate time sinks.

NAPPER
17-08-06, 05:54
Amusing thread.
Neptune aside ... we all crave damn patches and damn updates.
Some of Neptune's changes need to be put on regular servers.
Si reduction and xp gain are first.
Rares need to drop more so people can easily have replacements. Better Slot chances are good too.
We all saw that there is quite a few new people hang around. i sure hope they have plans on loosing those LEs soon. God forbid, if they have "LEd till woc" idea in their heads.
Remove SI from loms ... leave xp loss. People dont need to waste time .. they lose xp already. I see nothing bad in fine tuning ones setup in few minutes instead of few hours.
Fix damn Nefrag ... should i mention Wargames location for doy o_O ? Seriously ...how long was it closed ?

KK needs to do something to promote PeeVehPee.
Simplicity is a bliss,so devs need to Simplify runners life :)

Rawr. I hate time sinks.

they cant do lom pills with out si cos this is what it was like in nc1 one they was a ppu the next day threy was a apu and ect

i think it would be kool if they could change the low lvling spots to the mercury xp gain but it would piss shit loads of people off if they was to get woc the hard way then thye next day you could get it in half the time.

rares need to drop more so people can easily have replacements. Better Slot chances are good too.

i like this idea to more this to the other servers

i think they should make it the france server again

Fero
17-08-06, 07:29
I still fail to see a problem in lom pills change for better.
Person chooses to change class. How is that any of KKs business? why restrict time frame on top of xp loss?
You do know that each pill takes away 800k exp, right? multiply that by sixty, which is a usual amount of pills you need to eat in order to lom main skill.
48 mill of exp lost ... Runner must gain that back in order to recap, unless overcaped heavily. Being heavily overcapped, proves that person spent a lot of time leveling character.
I see no reason in SI on pills, even if Loming was epidemic in NC1.

There are few small little things that can be changed to bring more joy for a casual and hardcore NC player. I doubt that item properties and loot drop values are so hard to change ... even Exp gain most likely is based on one global formula.