PDA

View Full Version : Do people still go on adventures in Neocron?

Heavyporker
13-07-06, 16:57
Lately it seems that all people do is grind (exp.. either from ress/cst or rhinoing) or go on the occasional OP raid.

Whatever happened to going to exotic locales for fun, like the Apparition Cave, DoY Tunnels, or Gaya/Regants.

I mean, jeez, I see way too much soloing of several underground locales.

The word "mmorpg" loses way too much meaning here. It looks like people aren't even trying (aside from me).

Think we can change that? What if we announced neutral group-ups in advance, where we could try a really hard location for the fun of it. Apparition Cave comes readily to mind.

COLD
13-07-06, 17:28
well, I've been having some "mis"-adventures, while trying to log in here of late. 50/80 bugs, random synch's to middle of zones, and my favorite....the 18 slotted melee 3 boost that puts me at -180 freeload :rolleyes:

err, sorry about ranting ;)

Ya I'm game for something different. Sooo tired of leveling.

Bishop Yutani
13-07-06, 17:42
it seems like with such a low pop that no one is doing what i'm doing, which is why it usually seems like a single player game.

The last several times i've played i've been on a walking tour of the map to tag all GRs. No vehicles, no genrepping, just running. I usually dont see ANYONE while i'm out there.

Occasionally someone whizzes by in a tank or something, but they never honk or wave :(

Uho
13-07-06, 17:55
Well if they would like make woc disks drop like once in a life time instead of never more popel might be running around instead of farming mobs in ceres labs...

lets see 20 ppl atleast 24/7 in ceres labs from overall
90% pop means theres like 70 players aside of the ones that are not in ceres labs...

also FF is in vacation in amsterdam :P

so theres not gonna be any op fights either for a bit
unless we all log in with gprs or smth uber clipwhore
connection from amsterdam and play with my laptop :P

unreal
13-07-06, 18:27
Lately it seems that all people do is grind (exp.. either from ress/cst or rhinoing) or go on the occasional OP raid.I think you're mostly referring to the way people just level in the same few places, which makes me go slightly off topic with the following example but I know how you feel. TFC and most other people I played with on Terra did nothing but level. It's been happening for god knows how many months, and is still happening now. I don't see the point in levelling to just do more levelling, or hunting for techs that will build rares that will be used for PvP occasionally (aka, every couple of months).

People level in those places because you get the best amount of XP for the effort involved. High XP, minimal effort. That's how things are always done. If anyone really wanted to they could level or have an "adventure" in places like that, it just requires a few people and a PPU.

Good PvP without Parashock spammage is what the game is missing at the moment, and along with Summer being here, it makes for minimal population.
I would rather see PvP get-togethers rather than levelling get-togethers. At least the rare official events should bring in some fun.

Edit: You got your hardware sorted out?

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-06, 18:29
I always walk around when Im bored looking for cool things, a thing I'd like KK to do is to place a patch and secretly toss in a small map or two and not tell anyone

Hell-demon
13-07-06, 18:30
who says they dont? ;)

Heavyporker
13-07-06, 18:32
Pft. I couldn't give a crap about PvP gettogethers. Fuck, there's one going on RIGHT NOW and it's STICKED!

I'm talking about get-togethers for the fun of it. Perhaps for the chance to get cool loot, loot that you just don't see very often. Energy Soulblades and Ultimas and Experimental Slotters fit that definition.

Leveling... why the hell do people even grind exp specifically for WoC?! Shit! I've heard *nothing* but bitching about how sucky WoC items are!

Uho
13-07-06, 18:33
Im sure there are tons of places not many people know about.....

there are some in nc and some in doy...

been there dun that :P

one of them was lately patched with a fence so u cant go there anymore dunno why....

lately dunno whats lately 1 year? :P

Tratos
13-07-06, 18:34
who says they dont? ;)
Me.

I read the patchlog. [/hopes and dreams]

:p

CMaster
13-07-06, 18:40
who says they dont? ;)
Mr. Patchlog.txt says so.

Hell-demon
13-07-06, 18:42
Have you seen everything in Neocron?

really?

Like the ruins with the wierd flags....

The secret pasages in Outzone....

The main sewer network in NC.....

The hidden entrance to NC....

Theres more but...meh

Asurmen Spec Op
13-07-06, 18:54
I spent hours in the Sewers

Hell-demon
13-07-06, 18:59
Yuhuh and what about in the game? :rolleyes:

Tratos
13-07-06, 18:59
Have you seen everything in Neocron? really?
Like the ruins with the wierd flags....Yup :p The high textures on the flags look cool but not much info on the associated group :(

The secret pasages in Outzone....Yup :p

The main sewer network in NC.....Yup :p - A Few times, had secret outposts in on Venus ;)

The hidden entrance to NC....Indeed - Damn spiders are annoying ;)
And ofcourse the BYB :D Although i did find a new somthing a month or so ago - there's a cool fallen submerged warbot out in the grasslands which is nice touch.

silent000
13-07-06, 19:07
All hail the BYB!!!

Apocalypsox
13-07-06, 20:23
im planning a glider expedition to the top of the volcano. :D

CMaster
13-07-06, 22:01

Which one?

I've been pretty much everywher, seen pretty much all there is to see I imagine in NC. I havent been to a few of the inaccesible zones - Crystal Caves 1, Worm Tunnels 5, DarK Metal and the GM rooms. I have visited a few levelling areas now gone. I've seen most of the little easter eggs and hidden places. I've mapped the goddamn mainsewers.

You know how the neocronicle had an article about missing runners a bit ago? Well, they almost all went missing in places I tend to base events I've run around. The reason - to get people going to places that aren't visited a lot. That was the recurring theme with those articles (I checked out a good few of the places mentioned in the article by the way, nothing had changed there).

As for adventures? Yeah, when I played NC properly, I used to do it fairly often. I'd drag other people with me generally. We'd go huntinh things like y-reps at Ceres mine, just because it was fun and different. Or scour the northern desert chasing after the Shali'hud (well, Hazard Worms). DoY tunnelsare one of my more favoured hunting grounds, Worm Tunnels (mostly Apparition) makes an entertaining trip every few months and Juggernat Facility is just classic. Back when you didn't need a PPU for it, we even used to go on PPU-less forays into Gaia. Hvent really played NC properly in a long while. Havent logged in for over a fortnight. But my very brief attention span for the grind means when/if I do play, I'll always be doing stuff like that - and fighting other people - rather than chasing theoptimal levelling path. Heh, in fact one of the last things I did in game was go Graves on APU/PPU. Sure, its easy on a droner - but this was fun cos it was different. Hell, I even raid the OZ9 Crahn Church, or the Secret HQs to clear out the evil enemy guards from time to time.

But seriously - if anybody knows of a place I havent been (thats accesible) or a mob I havent killed (that spawns naturally, although I do have a lousy datadisk :P, or a little feature I likley havent seen, I'd be interested to know. No wild rumours though - lets see some screenies or concrete info).

silent000
13-07-06, 22:16
Cream Crackers clan appt, it is the most sacred and most secret place of all! It holds in it the cabinet of love posistiond on top of the table of despair, and every so often you will see the rare glimpse of the legendary Cream Cracker awake, but you will only see him for a second as his lightning fast reflexes sense you and hes gone! Dont Blink u mite miss the legend himself!!!

unreal
13-07-06, 22:22
but you will only see him for a second as his lightning fast reflexes sense you and hes gone!aka, stealth whore? ;)

Apocalypsox
13-07-06, 22:48
i dueled cream on Warbot yesterday in neofrag :rolleyes:

Riddle
14-07-06, 09:56
I was in an unheard of clan in NC1 of RL mates and thats all we did explore the game go hunting without the emphasis on XP per hour but on where we hadn't been and FUN.

Even sat with the wee crabbies on the beach and watched the sun go down.

Was great fun to explore places we'd never been but as a consequence I have seen like cmaster most every area in game.

In NC2 I used take noobs to areas they didn't realise where there!
but a game that once seemed vast and mysterious became small and mapped in my head. It needs to double in size now! :D

but then even wow becomes small when you been most everywhere.

slith
14-07-06, 11:02
[...]but then even wow becomes small when you been most everywhere.Could be the fact that WoW actually is small, just over-dimensioned.

As for the adventuring: I used to do that quite often, but after ~4+ years of Neocron there isn't much left to explore.
There are very nice places in Neocron never to be visited (or to be fought in - i'd so love a fight inside the outzone or somewhere in the wastelands in a forest). It's kinda sad.

But well, theres nothing to do there. No fighting, no looting. And if you fight, you'll have a harder time getting your belt back or back into combat. So why go there if theres CRP/El Farid/MB/Pepper?
Partly the fault of Carebear-Savezone-o-Cron and the importance of PPUs tbh.

SorkZmok
14-07-06, 18:15
Have you seen everything in Neocron?

really?

Like the ruins with the wierd flags....

The secret pasages in Outzone....

The main sewer network in NC.....

Theres more but...mehAlright, someone give me a hint where those ruins are, right now i don't know if i've been there yet.

Apart from that, i've pretty much seen everything. And killed it. :lol:

Hell-demon
14-07-06, 18:30
Have you met the german drom farmers? ;)

silent000
14-07-06, 18:33
My mate has even made a 'Special' 5 slotted rifle just for hunting droms.... :D

CMaster
14-07-06, 18:40
Have you met the german drom farmers? ;)
Yup. They can even, under certain circumstances give you a mission - it doesnt work mind.

Hell-demon
14-07-06, 19:37
spoken to the looney in plaza who says "I'm too sexy for my shirt"?

Asurmen Spec Op
14-07-06, 19:52
I used to spelunk in people.....

:P

Hell-demon
14-07-06, 22:18
Yes, until the restraining order :rolleyes:

zii
14-07-06, 22:49
Would love to go caving, and find new places, but I've run out the new places (which isn't a real problem), and seldom find people to cave with (I need a new gun - anyone want to sell me a SpeedGat?). In fact, I cannot seem to find any OP wars. The last one I found was someone ninjaing Grants', and I was the only one to turn up. No one hangs out in PP on Terra these days, but whenever I log onto Mars I seem people hanging out in PP quite often. There must be more to this than killing newbs all the time at MB. :angel:

Kalonji Faya
23-12-08, 12:31
Which one?

I've been pretty much everywher, seen pretty much all there is to see I imagine in NC. I havent been to a few of the inaccesible zones - Crystal Caves 1, Worm Tunnels 5, DarK Metal and the GM rooms. I have visited a few levelling areas now gone. I've seen most of the little easter eggs and hidden places. I've mapped the goddamn mainsewers.

there are crystal caves 1 ? where are they ? in the zones next to cc2 and cc3 ?! I'll take a look to find it tonight ^^ I went to Crystalm caves yesterday to loot bat queen bones for a clanmate so I went with him on my PPU, that was fun, coz that was different ! And everytime I get bored doing the same thing, I try to find another way of having fun in NC ! looking for hidden place is one of'em ^^

kalonji

Dribble Joy
23-12-08, 13:12
*Coughs from dust coming off the thread*

L0KI
23-12-08, 13:49
there are crystal caves 1 ? where are they ? in the zones next to cc2 and cc3 ?! I'll take a look to find it tonight ^^ I went to Crystalm caves yesterday to loot bat queen bones for a clanmate so I went with him on my PPU, that was fun, coz that was different ! And everytime I get bored doing the same thing, I try to find another way of having fun in NC ! looking for hidden place is one of'em ^^

kalonji

Dude;

Bumping the 10 month old wedding thread was bad enough....

But 2 1/2 years????

How the hell did you even find it???

Trivaldi
23-12-08, 14:00
Rather than bump 'ye olde worlde' threads please create a new one for such topics as bumping is only good for one thing.

Confusion.

Triv.