PDA

View Full Version : Should i start panicing too?

SorkZmok
12-07-06, 19:59
Right, i just broke NC.

At first it was just one account, now it's all of em. No matter what server or account, as soon as it tries to load the character selection screen i get a fatal error.

If i try to resume to the last character i get a shor synch screen and then a fatal error.

Help! File Check found nothing, reboot didn't help. And i appeared right out of nowhere, no crash, no error, just suddenly it all broke.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!1one

NAPPER
12-07-06, 20:12
reinstall nc thats what i had to do

Mighty Max
12-07-06, 20:12
Restart & check again
Defrag & check again
Reinstall & check again

If that doesn't help, grab you hitchhikers guide and. The green words on it are quite hybnotic *g*

Don't panic

Heavyporker
12-07-06, 20:17
But these words only apply when you have your peril-sensitive goggles and your towel.

Napalm82
12-07-06, 20:22
I had the same, changing to DX7 fixed it all...and got me some nifty GFX bugs like the missing chest.

- Nap

Mighty Max
12-07-06, 20:26
But these words only apply when you have your peril-sensitive goggles and your towel.

You see, a hitchhiker never leaves his towel alone. It's allways to be carried with you. That's why it is missing in my first post between the "and" and the "." *g*

He shall take his own one

jini
12-07-06, 20:52
ok, first of all, don't panic.
the trick here is -i think- to try and login at least one of your characters, but not those that are broken.
try login in one that you got a lot time to login, and if you finally login, then logut and wait reasonabl time and start logining in those that are broken

SorkZmok
12-07-06, 21:43
I can log in in dx7, still none of my characters work in dx9. I tried all of em, about 15. :lol:

Might try and reinstall my gfx drivers, maybe that's causing it.

FPS in dx7 are shit though, i need my leet FPS back!

Mighty Max
12-07-06, 21:49
Try deleting "models.tmp" and let DX9 redo the precaching.

SorkZmok
12-07-06, 21:59
Try deleting "models.tmp" and let DX9 redo the precaching.
OMG, usually i can't stand you because you're quite a carebear but right now i love you. Thank you so much. :lol:

Thread can be closed.

Nidhogg
12-07-06, 23:00
Closed by thread starter. Good work, MM!

N