PDA

View Full Version : Salvage not working?

Dimreeper
12-07-06, 12:07
Has any1 managed to get the salvage tool to work recently?
whenever i use it the process starts and once complete the item has dissapeared but nothing comes out??

am i doing something wrong or wot?

SorkZmok
12-07-06, 12:17
I salvaged 2 vehicle keys yesterday, was working fine.

The only thing i know thats broken is salvaging rhino keys, can't do that atm.

Brammers
12-07-06, 12:55
Has any1 managed to get the salvage tool to work recently?
whenever i use it the process starts and once complete the item has dissapeared but nothing comes out??

am i doing something wrong or wot?

What TL is the item you are salvaging, and what is your recycle skill? If your recycle is the same or just above the TL of the item, you risk getting very little or nothing back.

Also some things do salvage into nothing, usually anything that can't be made from chemicals.

P.S. What was you salvaging?

Ozz
13-07-06, 19:35
I have a problem with salvage :

My char has 97 in rec skill (100 with buff)
I use a salvage tool TL 90.
I use Rec fluid.

But I am not able to salvage garbage from Warbot (energy generator ...).

Those garbage gave me chems last time i played, 1 year ago ...
But today i have this mess : you can't salvage this item (or something like that)

Could you explain me what's this problem ? Is it normal ?

Thank you for your help !

Ozz
23-07-06, 09:34
Nobody can help me ?

Apocalypsox
23-07-06, 17:39
most salvagers have about 120-150 rec skill i think...you need quite a bit of rec skill to salvage most stuff

Ozz
23-07-06, 19:42
I think if it was a skill problem i would not have any messages but no chems.

Scanner Darkly
23-07-06, 21:57
This may or may not make a difference, but why not try salvaging at a mine (OP) like Gabanium (usually open to and bonus to all) or any allied owned mine. Those extra skill points might do the trick!

Voodoo_Magic
26-07-06, 14:24
you NEED 100 rec for salvaging anything

Ozz
26-07-06, 17:44
I have 100 in REC and a Tool TL 100 and it doesn't work with garbages :)

If someone is able to salvage energy generator for example (or could give me an other example of garbages) please give me your Rec Skill, tool ect

Bozz-Von Mel
29-07-06, 05:51
Salvage would have some usefullness if it was used for disassembing 0 slot or worn out rares. Perhaps giving 4 or so rare parts back. I heard long ago that this was the plan, but the one time I tried it (a couple years ago) I only got chems and weapon parts in return.

Pantho
29-07-06, 09:31
Salvaging Rhino keys is broken atm... Maybe everything else is, has any1 ELSE tried it...

netster
29-07-06, 11:39
But I am not able to salvage garbage from Warbot (energy generator ...).

u cannot salvage warbotjunk,but u can recycle it to ammo+stuffage.
salvaging works correctly atm.

expamples ... salvaging = splitting a weapon to some weaponparts, recylcing = reproducing junk to ammo or drugs

and u get useless junk (wires and stuff), when u salvage a rare.

Ozz
29-07-06, 17:14
Thank u Netster.

In fact, The Neocron Team has written me than the salvage behavior was changed some patches ago and than we can't salvage garbages ....

I found than Rec skill was a good thing in order to salvage garbages and with chems to make other objects with them for example.

With those changes i think that Rec skill is now useless :(

But thank u for your help !