PDA

View Full Version : Log out timer.

Safunte
11-07-06, 04:31
the "ten second" logout timer is... well not accurate. It relies completely on the users FPS at that time. Tested it out while fiddling with my video card settings and well, at around 35 fps it takes around ten seconds to log out... and of course the time your char just sits there like a retard getting hit. However, when i pumped my fps up to 1000+, the ten seconds became somewhere between one and two seconds... this seems like something that should be fixed... but then again, who cares, not too many people play with 1000+ fps anyway because of that rubber band BS.

Apocalypsox
11-07-06, 04:34
my first question... WHAT THE UNHOLY FUCKAMAZOID DID YOU FEED YOUR FUCKING VID CARD TO GET MEMORY HUNGRY NC TO RUN AT 1000 FPS WITH!?!?>!? FUCKING NITROGLYCERIN!?!?!? :D

second...what kind of a fucking system are you running 8|

oh and this high FPS gets you a major rubber band theory is bullshit. i get about 14 FPS constant and i get horrid rubberband effect.

Safunte
11-07-06, 04:38
Raedeon 9800XT... pentium4-3ghz... 768mb ram... its nothing all too incredibly special... especially with the new stuff thats been comming out, but when set right pretty much anything can get good fps. (and for the love of god, dont watch the synchronizing screen when you have a ton of frames, its a gaurunteed seizure)

Apocalypsox
11-07-06, 05:32
Rofl seizures are fun! (SARCASM!!!!111!!!) well my video card was a quick fix POS we bought at walmart so...thats why im getting a new one for 125$ :D

IceStorm
11-07-06, 06:21
Alt-F4 works well...

You still don't "log out" when you log out. It takes around 15 seconds for your char to dissappear.

Apocalypsox
11-07-06, 07:20
ive found your char stays ingame for about a minute after logging out.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-07-06, 07:59
alt-f4s could sometimes kept me in for minuites at a time.

now I gotta see what FPS I get in NC ;)

IceStorm
11-07-06, 08:06
I'm almost positive it's not a minute. I'm not that patient. When I have to switch between characters I don't think I'm waiting a minute for my other me to see myself log out so that another self can log in (two PCs).

Asurmen Spec Op
11-07-06, 08:11
the ALT-F4 closing from what I saw gave different times, usually pretty low but Ive had my trader stay on for two-three min many a times

IceStorm
11-07-06, 08:39
Ive had my trader stay on for two-three min many a timesI'll try later this week. God knows I'll be flipping between logins often enough.

calim
11-07-06, 10:09
be carefull with Alt-F4 ! I was using it before i had a big file corruption and the game unable to launch (back to desktop after login).

About 1000fps maybe for the "syncronizing ..." screen , otherwise it's hard to believe ! 8| Screenshot ?

Nidhogg
11-07-06, 11:34
You shouldn't use ALT-F4. Anything can happen if you pull the carpet from under an application's feet. Also note that the time you stay on-line from the client's point of view isn't necessarily the same time the server keeps you on-line, mainly to stop people cheating.

N

Safunte
11-07-06, 11:55
it takes approx 30 seconds for your char to disappear... thats the closest number i could get to when switching accounts all the time =)

calim
11-07-06, 12:01
You shouldn't use ALT-F4. Anything can happen if you pull the carpet from under an application's feet. Also note that the time you stay on-line from the client's point of view isn't necessarily the same time the server keeps you on-line, mainly to stop people cheating.

N

I have a technical question, answer only if you can/want :)
Is it possible to catch ALT+F4 and map it to the same effect than a push on ESC ? Or maybe map it to a confirmation dialog !
If someone really wants to kill the game, he'll should have to call the task manager (like Ctrl+Alt+Del), then choose the process, then kill it.
I think it's more coherent that way, because currently it's too easy to fuck the game litteraly.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-07-06, 13:39

N

True Niddy, you shouldnt ALT-F4.
But we're stupid like that ;)

giga191
11-07-06, 14:46
I have a technical question, answer only if you can/want :)
Is it possible to catch ALT+F4 and map it to the same effect than a push on ESC ? Or maybe map it to a confirmation dialog !
If someone really wants to kill the game, he'll should have to call the task manager (like Ctrl+Alt+Del), then choose the process, then kill it.
I think it's more coherent that way, because currently it's too easy to fuck the game litteraly. i'd rather keep my alt f4ing, it's good for when your standing red sl in a safe zone and you suddenly die for no fucking reason, while the guy who was watching you the whole time and starts hacking your belt. dunno if it's haxoring or some lame bug, but i won't be playing again for a while :\

dunno where i would be without alt f4.

IceStorm
11-07-06, 15:00
You shouldn't use ALT-F4. Anything can happen if you pull the carpet from under an application's feet.I'm sorry, but ever since Patch 157, NC hasn't been under my feet most of the time. Between the move-from-inventory-oops-where-did-it-go? bug and the login-with-six-epics-completed-on-a-no-epic-char-oh-and-missing-GG-inventory bugs being back, I can't see Alt-F4 being a major problem if you don't do something stupid like Alt-F4 in the middle of combat.

And if Alt-F4 was so bad, why doesn't KK do something about FREs? How exactly does an Alt-F4 differ from an FRE? Are you telling me KK coded the client to tell the server when it shits the bed?
Also note that the time you stay on-line from the client's point of view isn't necessarily the same time the server keeps you on-line,Unless the clients talk to each other without going through the server, it's fairly easy to verify the time it takes for the server to disappear one's char if one has two PCs. Frankly, with the current population, I don't know how anyone plays this game without multiple concurrent logins.

Pantho
11-07-06, 15:36
i'd rather keep my alt f4ing, it's good for when your standing red sl in a safe zone and you suddenly die for no fucking reason, while the guy who was watching you the whole time and starts hacking your belt. dunno if it's haxoring or some lame bug, but i won't be playing again for a while :\

dunno where i would be without alt f4.

Wondered Where you had been Giga,

Wasnt your WoC PA? you lost was it.

ps, What safezone?

rob444
15-07-06, 20:28
Sorry to bring up an old topic but yeah I've noticed it too. There are things in the game that are or were affected by it as well. Ever wondered why you can't equip your gun even if SI is gone? Simply because SI is out of sync between the server and client.

And that Alt+F4 feature can be catched by watching the WM_CLOSE/SC_CLOSE messages thus hammering that carpet to the floor under the application ;).

Mr Kot
15-07-06, 20:32
i'd rather keep my alt f4ing, it's good for when your standing red sl in a safe zone and you suddenly die for no fucking reason, while the guy who was watching you the whole time and starts hacking your belt. dunno if it's haxoring or some lame bug, but i won't be playing again for a while :\ Look after your SL then :rolleyes: