PDA

View Full Version : Login problems (Terra)

Napalm82
09-07-06, 12:14
For some reason i cant log onto Terra atm.

Everythime i tryo to log on i get the servers (Terra,neptune,mars so on) select Terra and boom, fatal error, this happens every time.

tried a filecheck, rebooting and selecting other servers, the other servers works fine, but then again i dont have any chars there.

Anybody had simmilar problems before?

- Nap

SizZLeR
09-07-06, 12:37
Sounds like it shd be somewhing regarding whatever loads in Terra that differs from the other servers, maybe chr data or profile images?

Try and create a chr at one of the other servers, then log into that one and see if it crashes.

Maybe try to reinstall NC2 :)

aKe`cj
09-07-06, 13:10
try renaming / removing the folder X:\neocron2\defs\Terra(ENG)

If that doesnt help, I'll say its a gfx issue ... your client doesnt like drawing the models. Try out the other dx-mode, make sure your drivers - including chipset drivers - are ok.

Napalm82
09-07-06, 13:18
If possible i would try to avoid re-installing since i cant find my CD's and downloading it would take a lot of time.

Tried making a char on one of the other servers, under char creation it crashed when i was about to determine the look of my char, possible some corrupted texture files which for some reason dont show up in the filecheck?

Im currently at a loss since i havent had many troubles with NC, well besides the bugs now and then.

The wierd thing is it worked flawlessly yesterday and i havnt installed/removed anything from my system.

- Nap

aKe`cj
09-07-06, 14:04
feel free to send your log's to spam[at]akedo.de (not the console.log please ;) )
I'll see if I can find out where the issue comes from.

Also.. did you change the dx mode for a try, as suggested ?

Napalm82
09-07-06, 14:34
Im such an arsehat, changing the DX worked, i do however now get the chars full body in the char select screen.

Know why DX9 suddenly stopped working?

Thx btw guys, i would probably just have thrown my computer out the window :lol:

- Nap

Tratos
09-07-06, 22:25
Perhaps try forcing your client to redo the model precache?

It's a setting in one of the inis i think - shrug- lol

blackpheonix
09-07-06, 22:35
For some reason i cant log onto Terra atm.

Everythime i tryo to log on i get the servers (Terra,neptune,mars so on) select Terra and boom, fatal error, this happens every time.

tried a filecheck, rebooting and selecting other servers, the other servers works fine, but then again i dont have any chars there.

Anybody had simmilar problems before?

- Nap

hey havent seen u about on terra since i joined all of 5 months ago :P