PDA

View Full Version : Drug Flash Lag

Archtemplar
09-07-06, 00:32
When ever my characters suffer from drug flash, about 95% of the time I get a staggering 1.5 FPS. Is this a common problem? I never had the problem durring NC1 and the main menu gives me super lag as well, but only after I log out at least once... I'm looking for a quick fix as not having a drugged up char could cause me some future grief.

I figure it has something to do with my display driver, because if I switch it from "(D3D9) RADEON X700 SERIES" to "(D3D7) Primary Display Driver", it seems to fix it, but it messes up the resolution of the game and is just hard on the eyes. Also, the config option seems to revert back to normal after i quit the game too... :wtf:

HARDWARE
AMD Athelon 1.0ghz
1.0GB DDR RAM
RADEON x700 Pro
Creative Sound Blaster Pro!

aKe`cj
09-07-06, 01:29
the resolution is set independent from the dx mode. You can use the same resolutions in dx7 as in dx9.

For one, I'd make sure you have AF and AA deactivated ..basicly all gfx-card settings should be set to performance. The problem you describe is neither common nor is it unknown. Looks like a few misfortunate share it ... so far I still have to hear about the definite cause and fix.
My guess is, that it has to doo with the tekktoniks weak performance when it comes to drawing sprites. Usually leads to massive fps loss and in combination with enforced AA you can end up with single digit fps.

If you do find a way arround this problem, other than switching to dx7 (it will still work as solution for the time being... try to set the neocron.ini write-only once you've changed resolution and dx-mode accordingly), then please post it here and share your insights ;)

Other than that... try talking to the friendly folks at tech@neocron.com - they might happen to know a solution.