PDA

View Full Version : Xp in Neofrag?

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 20:44
What is the RP reason for why chars can't earn xp in neofrag since as far as i can see you are gaining valuable combat experiance even if there arn't many penalties for dieing.

Ok so it can be exploited but you can do it far more easily by shooting yourself with a ppu in the courner of some ones appartment?

At least you can have fun while xp'ing in neofrag despite it's bugs!

Thoughts?

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 20:56
because when ur in neofrag that isnt ur character anymore =\

which is why its nice to go in drop all ur uber 5 slot stuf walk out and let ur friends fight u with the same weapons your using =\ i asume u dont get exp because kk made it so that you couldnt mess ur character up in there because ur character isnt actualy in there... its just a snapshot.

dun thinks its rp reason just a safety one

aKe`cj
06-07-06, 20:58
When you enter the neofrag - a complete copy of your molecular structure is created - it's arguable if you even 'exist' while in NF .. as you are somewhat trapped in that virtual space until your physical structure is recreated from the previously made copy upon exit.
Whatever happens to you while inside doesnt matter, as an exact reproduction is being created upon exit, including the fart that was on its way to the rear when you entered.
It's similar to the Genrep System if you like.
Does this mean you could use the GenRep or NF System to produce exact clones of a person? Certainly not... apart from your physical component there also exists a soul ..and the soul cannot be read, written: reproduced. Once your body is destroyed the soul floats arround, waiting for your body to reappear. If for some reason, your body is not being restored - your soul keeps floating arround - from time to time interuppted by weird magicians, enslaving it for their evil intentions. This is where the soul itself is manifested in the physical world: A soulcluster. Some manage to escape the spastic dances of them blue scorcerers and seek refuge in a stinky wormtunnel, condamned to a restless existence.

makes sense? :p

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 21:00
When you enter the neofrag - a complete copy of your molecular structure is created - it's arguable if you even 'exist' while in NF .. as you are somewhat trapped in that virtual space until your physical structure is recreated from the previously made copy upon exit.
Whatever happens to you while inside doesnt matter, as an exact reproduction is being created upon exit, including the fart that was on its way to the rear when you entered.
It's similar to the Genrep System if you like.
Does this mean you could use the GenRep or NF System to produce exact clones of a person? Certainly not... apart from your physical component there also exists a soul ..and the soul cannot be read, written: reproduced. Once your body is destroyed the soul floats arround, waiting for your body to reappear. If for some reason, your body is not being restored - your soul keeps floating arround - from time to time interuppted by weird magicians, enslaving it for their evil intentions. This is where the soul itself is manifested in the physical world: A soulcluster. Some manage to escape the spastic dances of them blue scorcerers and seek refuge in a stinky wormtunnel, condamned to a restless existance.

makes sense? :p

omg noooooooooooo

i killed my daddy =[ he was floating aimlessly around a worm tunnel then pow. few clips of a cs and he went poof... i though the smell of old spice aftershave was familiar *crys*

see now u made me cry... bully

Mighty Max
06-07-06, 21:03
You don't level con in Neofrag, because you don't actually get hurt in neofrag. In a simulation you don't get hurt, or did you ever got SI after dieing in NF?

Let me guess, you didn't find the PPU? I must be a fool for thinking you tried something bad.

aKe`cj
06-07-06, 21:19
Let me guess, you didn't find the PPU? I must be a fool for thinking you tried something bad.

ahh come on mighty...dont spoil it. He's just interested in RP tbh :p

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 21:21
You don't level con in Neofrag, because you don't actually get hurt in neofrag. In a simulation you don't get hurt, or did you ever got SI after dieing in NF?

I mean a rp reason like aKe`cj very amuseing explanation, ok so you arn't there but your mind is and it is learning from the experiance.

I don't understand why the servers can't reccord xp generation inside nf and apply it to your charecter afterwards?

aKe`cj
06-07-06, 21:28
I don't understand why the servers can't reccord xp generation inside nf and apply it to your charecter afterwards?

a) because there is no logical reason why it should be like that
b) because you cant have the pro's without the con's (SI, IMP drop, beltdrop, ammo reduction..) - otherwise you could also implement a "cap all stats" button.
c) because NF is ment for PVP. You dont PvP to improve your skill-values. Thats whats PvM is for.
d) because applying dmg to yourself repeatedly in order to lvl con is regarded as a breach of the RoC
e) because you can pick up a weapon, get PPU support and level in a designated level area - fighting mobs.

thats nuff reasons, no? :)

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 21:40
I just feel as though you should get xp however small, for all combat... it also allows you to level without a ppu. Maybe i'm just subliminally bitter because i've spent so long dueling in there with nothing to really show for it! Actually thats bollucks some of the most fun i've had in nc has been in neofrag with friends.

I think it would be really fun to have nf as a potential leveling area, and if it became popular there would be less chance for exploiters to get chance to ply their trade.

Might also keep the pk'ers happy and limit their wrath on the people who need to level alone.

aKe`cj
06-07-06, 21:48
Jezuz... now you even say you want the XP gain in order to level ALONE in NF. If I make the suggestion to run a few TL150 Missions for the purpose of reaching INT 20, I'll surely get edited by teh nidster ... I'll try not to :angel:
btw... if you're looking for a neofrag with xp-gain and less bugs, try the regular gameworlds and cope with the SI :rolleyes:

There's plenty ways to cap a tank solo that do not include exploiting - I know cause I've done it before.. solo.

Mighty Max
06-07-06, 21:50
It's perfectly possible to level to woc without any ppu support. Done that several times.

It takes time and some effort, sure, but that's the deal with stats driven games.

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 23:15
Jezuz... now you even say you want the XP gain in order to level ALONE in NF. If I make the suggestion to run a few TL150 Missions for the purpose of reaching INT 20, I'll surely get edited by teh nidster ... I'll try not to :angel:
btw... if you're looking for a neofrag with xp-gain and less bugs, try the regular gameworlds and cope with the SI :rolleyes:

There's plenty ways to cap a tank solo that do not include exploiting - I know cause I've done it before.. solo.

No you nipple, I mean you get xp for shooting each other in neofrag, i've completely capped 4 tanks 2 spies and quite a few pe's during my time in nc since final beta and i've only used the rhino repair bug to cap a monks dex which got deleted anyway... i'm past caring if i get banned for admitting using an old/exploit btw.

It's a raw idea and a basic one at best, insulting me isn't productive or clever just useless. Personally with the amount of experiance I have of nc, I am quite sick of killing mobs and i'm sure quite allot of the more experianced runners are to. The only reason i'm comming back properly now is for duels, not killing people who are hunting using leveling weapons...etc or infact for leveling for any other purpose appart from stam booster and ammo pocket money and capping my con. I'm also pretty pathetic in outpost warfare except on an apu.

I also do not have the time to sit down 4 hours a day to cap a tank... solo. I am also not interested in exploiting, which is quite annoying me. Why would I risk being caught exploiting and getting my account banned if i'm prepareing for a competition with that account???

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 23:19
It's perfectly possible to level to woc without any ppu support. Done that several times.

It takes time and some effort, sure, but that's the deal with stats driven games.

this was actually ment as a seperate topic max, just seems like a more interesting way to level/a break from normal mob bashing.

LiL T
07-07-06, 16:28
You wanna lvl con fast on a tank, then gun a rhino for someone killing grim chasers, there is plenty people out there looking for a gunner.

Spermy
07-07-06, 18:08
=REMUS= - It's hard to see what you're getting at. There is no real sense in awarding XP for ANY kind of activity in Neofrag. It'd be too much of an easy ride.