PDA

View Full Version : Comp Upgrade Help!

Drevious
05-07-06, 22:12
Alright, im gettin back into NC and i wanto upgrade my comps performance so i get better FPS cause i get some lag in NC just runnin around..Here are my specs

768MB DDR SDRAM

80GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

RADEON 9200

If anyone has any advice plz let me know, im pretty noob with computers :lol:

Drevious
05-07-06, 23:23
Sry double post.. this is my processor?

2.0 GHz AMD athlonxp 2400+

Spermy
05-07-06, 23:50
Lose the radeon.

And try turning off antialiasing. That sometimes helps. If it's lag, then it's the data transmission more than anything. If it's chug, it's most probably RAM, at least in my experience. Looking at it though, the comp seems perfectly adequate.

Silly question, but any P2P proggies running in the background?

Drevious
06-07-06, 00:04
How do i turn off this anti thing? I was frustrated earlier cause i havent played since the beginning of NC2 and they used to have so many options... now theirs detail and brightness wtf? Cant even turn force fog OFF.

What kind of gfx card would be good for NC? Do you have any reccomendations..

And no, im a sticklar about progs running in the background while im playing games :angel:

nobby
06-07-06, 00:37
I recommend you give your current card to a charity shop, then buy a BFG 7800 GS card.

nuff said :) for a healthy NC experience!

Drevious
06-07-06, 00:41
lol i just looked one up.... 300 is kinda steep for a gfx card but im sure i would run on like 100+ fps lol

nobby
06-07-06, 00:43
I can find it for £210 :) not £300 :p

Drevious
06-07-06, 00:53
Really? Where? I found one for 300+ USD

Also... do you know howto toggle that antialiasing thing IG?

IceStorm
06-07-06, 02:00
I don't think AA is enabled on the 9200 by default. Assuming you're using Catalyst Control Center, Antialiasing is a submenu under 3D. When you expand 3D, you'll see it. I believe you just have to set it to Application Controlled to turn it off. NC won't enable it.

The 9200's pretty old go. A 9800 Pro, 6600GT, X850, or 7800GS/7900GS would help. You're a bit limited as you're still using AGP. If you want to do a complete system upgrade (CPU/RAM/Vid card), wait another three weeks. Intel and AMD will be in something of a pricing war come July 23/24.

Drevious
06-07-06, 02:16
I really have no idea howto change options in my gfx card... what is 3D?

Or catalyst control center rather

Apocalypsox
06-07-06, 03:21
Drev you can change all the old options in the Options icon on the login screen before you actually log in. they just moved all the controls.

Drevious
06-07-06, 04:20
No.... i checked there their are only a few options there also, and most are the same as F11

IceStorm
06-07-06, 07:40
If you installed ATI's drivers, right click the background in Windows. Choose ATI Catalyst Control Center. If that option doesn't exist, right click the background, choose Properties, then the Settings tab, then the Advanced button, then the Catalyst Control Center tab, then click the ATI Catalyst Control center button.

Drevious
06-07-06, 22:42
Just another noob question, where do i go to change what programs start upon startup

Also when i right click background i have something called Hydravision, is this as good as catalyst?

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 22:52
Start
Run
"msconfig"

and i advise for best NC preformance close every process even explorer on the controle alt del, process tab

then run the launcher via the run option under file. then close taskmanager and u will have a totaly clean neocron expiriance

IceStorm
07-07-06, 03:42
Hydravision??

When's the last time you updated your drivers?

Use the alternate method. The older control panel for ATI's drivers I no longer have installed. I'm pretty sure there's a 3D tab somewhere in there, though.

Drevious
07-07-06, 04:39
I just updated them today... and where do i find this 3d?

IceStorm
07-07-06, 05:39
You should have Catalyst Control Center, unless ATI's split the drivers for the 9200 series. If you had to install .NET framework to use the drivers, then you have the Catalyst Control Center.

3D should be where I listed it earlier, either go into Display Control Panel, Settings, click Advanced, or right click the desktop and choose Catalyst Control Center. There should also be a system tray icon for ATI which you can right click and choose Catalyst Control Center from. Once the control center is loaded, choose View, Advanced View, then click the + next to 3D, Anti-Aliasing, and check off "let the application decide".

Drevious
07-07-06, 05:47
didnt see anything about anti-alisiang but i set everything to performance ;)

Drevious
08-07-06, 18:01
Ok, just that i dont like error messages everytime i startup i get this message saying...

"AtiSServe failed to provide requires Interfaces!"

Wtf?

Drevious
09-07-06, 22:57
And now im getting random restarts? Wtf i hate technology.

Apocalypsox
09-07-06, 22:58
And now im getting random restarts? Wtf i hate technology.

No, Technology hates you :lol:

my guess is that it wants new drivers now...and is doing what my comp did...

Apocs comp: RAWR FEED ME NEW DRIVERS OR I SHALL F DISK YOUR HARDDRIVE RAWRRSZZ!!