PDA

View Full Version : Big request

=REMUS=
05-07-06, 12:58
I know this is a big request but could anyone lend me a ppu over friday/sat? I need to start capping my tank for the motu event.

It's not as if i'm going to steal anything, I can team so your char gets xp and we can work out some sort of payment for the service as well if required.

Let me know via pm plz!

Thanks!

Nidhogg
05-07-06, 13:10
What, precisely, is your plan for capping your char, such that you also need the loan of a PPU?

N

=REMUS=
05-07-06, 13:16
1)i get shot by mobs
2)i shoot at the mobs
3)ppu heals me/rezz's me when i die?

Nidhogg
05-07-06, 13:25
You're going to play both chars simultaneously?

N

Tratos
05-07-06, 13:41
You're going to play both chars simultaneously?

N
Two PCs or Dual Logging?

Alot of people do it for Rhinoing (driver/repairer and gunner) and fire mob hunting (attacker and PPU waiting behind a cliff/in a building).

Heavyporker
05-07-06, 13:42
I don't really approve of this...

... method.

But then again, people call me carebear.

rob444
05-07-06, 13:54
Do I understand this correctly? You want someone to give you their username & password so you can play on their ppu?

=REMUS=
05-07-06, 14:51
two pc's and yeah thats what i hope rob444 ;) i've been given access to peoples accounts before and i would ask certain peeps personally but i've struggled to keep my other account sort of secret. I suppose i'll ask around once i re-activate my tank account this sat.

payment can be in ingame items or even a little RL cash via paypal (not sure if that offer is against forum rules nid)?

Nidhogg
05-07-06, 15:03
If it's a one-off non-commercial transaction then I don't have a problem with that. However, I do have a responsibility to remind people that they should never share their account details with anyone, for whatever purpose.

N

=REMUS=
05-07-06, 15:07
Thanks niddy!

well it would be pretty silly of me to steal with such a public advert and i'm hardly going to delete their chars...

sanityislost
05-07-06, 15:08
remus dude, i may be able to hook you up with a mate accounts

but its not active and the ppu mostly likely has fuck all
Best i can do, sorry mate :/

SiL ..:..

SorkZmok
05-07-06, 17:33
I got a ppu on one account but it's not setup as i never play him and i'd actually never give out account details.
Even to ppl i know quite well from the game. Just 1 person knows my details and that's a guy i really trust. :)
There's just been too many shit things goin on with account sharing and stuff...

=REMUS=
05-07-06, 20:15
I can understand that, god knows its happened to me and kk did nothing to compensate me. But i'm not that bothered, it's not physical/worth much.

remus dude, i may be able to hook you up with a mate accounts

but its not active and the ppu mostly likely has fuck all
Best i can do, sorry mate :/

SiL ..:..

ace! thats np sil, he only needs basic stuff anyway tbh ;) i'll stick a 3 month sub on it if he'll let us have it for a bit.

see what you can do and pm me :D

Mr Kot
05-07-06, 21:26
Why can't you just ask ingame for the use of a ppu's services?

It's not like you have to be operating the ppu yourself O_o

CMaster
05-07-06, 22:08
Why can't you just ask ingame for the use of a ppu's services?

It's not like you have to be operating the ppu yourself O_o

My only conclusion from the fact that he isn't happy to have somebody PPUing for him is that he is doing something erm, of questionable legitimacy? Otherwise, surely someone else playing the PPU would in fact be preferable to dual logging.

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 00:03
*sigh*

This really is what the community is down to now isn't it.

Ok so now I feel as though I have to explain myself even though it should be obvious.

PPUing while specifically leveling con is very time consumeing and therefore I can rely upon myself moreso than another person to stay on for an extended period. I am PC'less atm and I am going to a lan party on friday that I have been invited to in order to kick start my tank for the motu so I can focus on training my pvp skill and setup and I would prefer to definately have a ppu since friday is traditionally a social night and if they have to cancel i'll be fooked prolly. I will also be teamless therefore the ppu won't get xp which won't be much fun for them since I think i'll level quicker that way.

There was another reason but I just got distracted by a flat mate -_-

Happy now?

:mad:

Mighty Max
06-07-06, 00:31
PPUing while specifically leveling con is very time consumeing and therefore I can rely upon myself moreso than another person to stay on for an extended period.

Guess no, not happy.

Have a look at the things not allowed (support policities)

Levelling constitution by repeatedly damaging yourself (either directly or indirectly)

Now think about your "specifically leveling con", and that you won't be really playing your own toon but let him take damage you heal with the PPU ....

LiL T
06-07-06, 01:16
nvm read the rest of the thread now, its a bit clearer of his intentions me thinks ..

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 01:47
Guess no, not happy.

Have a look at the things not allowed (support policities)

Now think about your "specifically leveling con", and that you won't be really playing your own toon but let him take damage you heal with the PPU ....

I ment specifically condition is hard to level.

Well I have capped str... so if I were to go out and act as the "tank" for a group and specifically try and attract mob aggro I would be breaking the rules :wtf:

Well if a gm has nothing else better to do than harass me in my preperation for the motu contest, then so be it but i really can't do anything about it.

I really don't see why some people feel the need to chime in and make a concerted effort to try and disrupt/stop this even though niddy has already had a look and deemed it a reasonable request. Hell even when I cap con... I am going to have to be extremely lucky to even get in the top 5 of the event simply because I am going to play a gentank, prolly the reason why i'm the only tank on terra currently up there...

:mad:

slith
06-07-06, 08:44
[ edited ]

Both isn't really important compared to other problems ig. I don't mind if someone feels the urge to powerlevel his con, I know that's damn annoying as a tank. Good luck not getting catched tho ;)

SorkZmok
06-07-06, 10:37
Oh god.
Where did he say he's gonna do that? This is about people shooting themselves with AOE or whatever weapon to get con xp.

Where as for example hugging the doom harbinger with a ppu up the ass is completely legit.

Mighty Max
06-07-06, 10:45
Funny how they all bitch about conlevelling with self-damage but at the same time playing 3+ drug chars and *** to get rid of drug effects

The funny thing is that you expect us to cheat to some level - why? I never did the described one. Too bad, no calmed conscience for you

@ZorkSmork,

He was talking about playing both chars by himself at the same time, to level specifically con. Because he don't think anyone would stay hours with him at this job:

I can rely upon myself moreso than another person to stay on for an extended period.

Nidhogg
06-07-06, 11:40
Settle it down and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He knows the rules regarding exploits. Speaking of which, in here the rule regarding exploits is that we don't discuss them...

N

Spermy
06-07-06, 11:41
Seriously, quit the bitching, lest I throw small children at you!

http://simpler-solutions.net/pmachinefree/images/uploads/crying-child.jpg

It is possibly a slightly long winded, and retarded way of levelling con, or any other level for that matter, but if he wants to beat against a brick wall, let him.

I know a few people in this post who've followed those methods.

Either give the guy a PPU or don't.

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 12:21
i capped con in the doy tunnels on my tank BEFORE i capped str... capping con is terrably boring and some times u just have to go sumwhere where u will take a right beating (tank soloin doy tunnles FTW... although i did end up with the most terrable xray energy pure con set up ever and had to lom)

so having a ppu on hand to heal u while u run around armourless ^_^ its quite nice... but it isnt gona take a few mins and boom ur capped... it takes FOREVER ¬_¬ and tbh i duno many ppus who would want to sit there all day casting heal just so he can power lvl... does that realy sound like fun for u?

Spermy
06-07-06, 12:36
i capped con in the doy tunnels on my tank BEFORE i capped str... capping con is terrably boring and some times u just have to go sumwhere where u will take a right beating (tank soloin doy tunnles FTW... although i did end up with the most terrable xray energy pure con set up ever and had to lom)

so having a ppu on hand to heal u while u run around armourless ^_^ its quite nice... but it isnt gona take a few mins and boom ur capped... it takes FOREVER ¬_¬ and tbh i duno many ppus who would want to sit there all day casting heal just so he can power lvl... does that realy sound like fun for u?

Capped the last of my con in regants before tanbk heals were shafted. Now kids, that is torture.

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 13:06

Yeah if you read one of my other posts thats why i'm asking for a ppu account so I can do it myself, I know it's mind numbingly boring thats why i'll be duel logging on two pc's next to each other ;)

Spermy
06-07-06, 13:46
Yeah if you read one of my other posts thats why i'm asking for a ppu account so I can do it myself, I know it's mind numbingly boring thats why i'll be duel logging on two pc's next to each other ;)

Yeah. ABout that.

I can think of few places it'd be possible to do this in a legit fashion. You'll be spending a lot of time on that PPU - meaning tanky-boy is going to be standing alone.

You can stand him in any dungeon - until you get the "I don't care about red SL" Hardcore geezers in, and that comes sooner than most people like to admit.

The only safe route is the illegit method. Which is well. Illegal innit?

You may be able to compensate them for time using thier PPU - but I don't think you could compensate them equipment lost, or for that matter - equipment you lost on the tank while trying to defend the unplayed PPU.

I'm not questioning the methods, what I am doing though is questioning whether or not it can be done. The whole affair looks like it won't survive contact with other players.

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 17:43

=P i know i was mearly pointing out to other people that nobody would sit there that long to help =P hell i wouldnt sit there n ppu my gf for that long, knowin how long its gona take u ^_^ id rather sleep on the sofa

=edit= and it would be quite easy with group moduels and sanc's running the ppu need never get hurt... especialy if u take sumwhere where few people go like a deserted doy tunnel.... dont go to the caves or something stupid because ur bound to get nailed by a pker =] lvl 2 tunnels should be deep enought to keep u safe =\ and tbh u can clear a lvl 1 tunnel withough the ppu lol. so getting down there should be easy enough and ull avoid any spies/pe's using stealth to get fast shortcuts from one zone to another on the top floor

so long as you zone a buffed tank down first then draw the closest mobs, zone the ppu down climb the ladder and hide and run back tot eh ladder for re buffin =\ (just hope u hack and recycle.. oh and repair cos anything u have down there takes a battering...)

RogerRamjet
06-07-06, 17:49
Unfortunately Remus, i severely doubt anyone in this community trusts another enough to let you access their account.

My only suggestion is to find a friend with a PPU.

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 20:59
Agree'd, I also wanted to see what the community reaction would be as well.

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 21:03
Agree'd, I also wanted to see what the community reaction would be as well.

=] well i would give u mine but the only account i have anything near to a ppu on

A : isnt registered
B : it terrably undercapped
C : is currently a hyb :S although i supose with 3 def chips a psi core and a drug to use the upper lvl pa u could use all the holy modules but i dobut they would be at a decent %age

=] if i played a ppu ^_^ you could by all means

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 21:11
haha thanks anyway man ;)

I was quite quietly pleased with the helpful replies, makes me want to play properly again :)

ZoVoS
06-07-06, 22:29
mhmm maby ice will lend u it... he dont play nemore does he? i think his stuf is gone but his characters are still left just totaly stripped

=REMUS=
06-07-06, 23:22
Can you get in contact with him? If I can't get a ppu by tomorrow then i'll not bother going to the lan.

ZoVoS
07-07-06, 02:51
Can you get in contact with him? If I can't get a ppu by tomorrow then i'll not bother going to the lan.

if he comes online tummorow ill ask =] im in all day =P so u never know

RogerRamjet
07-07-06, 11:55
mhmm maby ice will lend u it... he dont play nemore does he? i think his stuf is gone but his characters are still left just totaly stripped

His stuff is gone.

Mine however is on Ice's characters, lol.

Doc Holliday
07-07-06, 19:51
just go in a dungeon with no armour on and team the ppu so he gains somethin out of his time. sit still and let him heal constantly and you will level con fast especially the chaos caves remus but i fear here im preaching to the choir as you already know all this having played the game longer than i have ;)

i would do it for you if i could. try asking around for my bro if he is on. kid twist is the one your lookin for. i dunno. he might do it but its not deffo depends if he is even on at all. slim chance but heh. gl with it.

=REMUS=
08-07-06, 14:55
thanks very much for the offer doc i really appreciate it, decided not to go to this weeks lan but I will attend next week and just do the best i can.

ZoVoS
09-07-06, 02:24
thanks very much for the offer doc i really appreciate it, decided not to go to this weeks lan but I will attend next week and just do the best i can.

ron | je kan toch niet werken met dit weer... says:
errr tell him he can PM me if hes interested in buying my acc real cheap,

erm... he thinks his characters are still there. best way to check before activating a account woudl be clicking character transfer and seeing if the acount spots are filled

Drevious
09-07-06, 05:58
The time you spent posting on this thread you could have capped several chars and completed every epic.

=REMUS=
09-07-06, 11:57
Yes i'm sure I could... :wtf: Well if you actually read the thread rather than trolling, you would understand that I don't have a PC atm and I wanted to secure a PPU for definate during a period of about 24 hours while I was participateing in a lan party.

What am I saying... you proberbly have read the thread... :rolleyes:

Go away.