PDA

View Full Version : The Storyline....

Tratos
03-07-06, 16:58
Has completely stopped...again?

Nothing new in the mags in ages except necasary articles for the latest patch to make sence and didnt anything ever come of the spider sub-storyline?

HIOB
Regant
Genotoxics
Intelligent weapon convoy stealing using mutants
BD being pissed at TG/TS
NeXT being bullied by TT and CA
Neocore's daily business and projects
Missing runners
DoY bots turning against Dome factions
Neo/Ressi StockX issues
Ironhead

To name just a few also did the biometric ID cards ever go anywhere too?

EDIT: Some of these may have been mentioned ingame but i've not been ingame for the last couple weeks since i've been out and had exams and such like but i'd of thought the mags might be updated if anything did happen :(

SnowCrash
03-07-06, 17:05
It is still going forward. The content team is currently working on a new timeline segment for further events. We currently have the so called summer hole where the population is lower and not much people are around and so the efforts have been a decreased a little bit. But expect more exciting story content in the near future.

Tratos
03-07-06, 17:09
Good to hear SnowCrash, I have to say your increased presence on the forum (and new position as Community Manager?) has given some quite usefull information in the last few weeks.

Hopefully i'll be back ingame once everything kicks off again.

SnowCrash
03-07-06, 17:15
The position is not really new. I am doing this job for quite a while but i am currently concentrating my efforts in this area a bit more. ;)

Tratos
03-07-06, 17:18
The position is not really new. I am doing this job for quite a while but i am currently concentrating my efforts in this area a bit more. ;)
I see, well good luck as it's going rather well thus far.

RusSki
03-07-06, 22:42
We currently have the so called summer hole where the population is lower and not much people are around and so the efforts have been a decreased a little bit.

Am i the only one who is bothered by that?
Maybe everyone should just not pay for or indeed play the game at all during the "summer hole".
Then the content team wont need to do any work at all.

Doesnt this create something of a vicious circle.
Less ppl play, less effort is put in for those remaining. So less ppl play.

I see what ur trying to get at. That ppl are doing stuff during the summer when its far too nice to be sitting in.
But it must have some degree detrimental effect on player base.

unreal
04-07-06, 02:49
We currently have the so called summer hole where the population is lower and not much people are around and so the efforts have been a decreased a little bit.I'm quite unhappy reading that too. So similair to what Russki has thought about, does this mean that the people PAID to progress with the storyline and its related content are just watching TV/doing other useless things because it's Summertime?

From what I've seen over the last few months the majority of the population decrease (specifically speaking about Terra here) is absolutely nothing to do with the fact Summer has arrived. That's probably a plausable judgement for Mars though, mostly because of the World Cup being in Germany, but people are just fed up for the most part.

I don't know about Germany or other countries but in England we don't just lie down, do less work and put in less effort when we're paid to do a job just because it's Summertime. Why not create the content now and add it at the end of Summer when hopefully the population increases again? It seems like the most simplistic of logic to me.

LiL T
04-07-06, 04:45
Erm he is right about the summer hole actully, same thing with all online games even eve-online i have noticed a sharp drop in people online. Which makes things rather boring over there but can be a bit more noticeable in neocron since it does not have that many players.

John Wu
04-07-06, 09:11
Am i the only one who is bothered by that?
Maybe everyone should just not pay for or indeed play the game at all during the "summer hole".
Then the content team wont need to do any work at all.

Doesnt this create something of a vicious circle.
Less ppl play, less effort is put in for those remaining. So less ppl play.
exactly what I think.

I've given up to follow the 'storyline' long ago, because the progress is just way too slow. some spiders here, regant popping up there, and lots of silence inbetween. not that interesting.

Heavyporker
04-07-06, 09:30
Yeah, worrisome for me since I just STARTED playing again, dammit.

SnowCrash
04-07-06, 10:10
It does not mean that people are just lying around, watching TV. As I already said, the content team is currently developing a new content package. The "decreased effort" was aiming towards the frequency of in-game events. And I have to recall it again, you are paying your subscription fees for using our service which includes payment of the employees, data center costs, maintenance of the servers and so on. Not just for game content.

No other game is providing so much event related content like Neocron does. Just look around the MMO landscape and name me one MMO which has own story related webzines and a content team which provides the players with regular live content.

John Wu
04-07-06, 10:13
you serious? neocron has more "regular live content" than all other mmorpgs? have to take your word on that since I dont play any other, but can't really believe it...

SnowCrash
04-07-06, 10:24
Yes, I am serious. The emphasis lies on live content which means regular in-game events, support of player-hosted events, etc. etc.

silent000
04-07-06, 10:37
you maybe right, but i also do play RF Online ( feel free to flame me :D ) but they also have a monthly issue magazine that you pay a monthly subscription for all about in-game banter and stuff like that, a little different from neocron but still i ad to say it :P

John Wu
04-07-06, 10:50
Yes, I am serious. The emphasis lies on live content which means regular in-game events, support of player-hosted events, etc. etc.
still can't believe that .. having less events than we do would mean next to nil ...

Brammers
04-07-06, 11:12

I would like to see some examples of "in-game events" that happened in June, for all of us here to see and talk about. (As I've not been around much ingame - so I can't comment.)

NAPPER
04-07-06, 11:18
how many gms are they in this game and how many per server just wondering

Tratos
04-07-06, 11:47
WoW has far more ingame events than Neocron the only difference being is that alot of WoW's events are triggered by the ingame time and not by GMs as they're built into the game to run and function at certian times ensuring they happen frequently and on time.

They also have supported community events: http://wow-europe.com/en/community/events.html

Plus each (main) patch brings in new content such as new armour sets, dungeons, monsters and quests which is about every month or two.

Also WoW and EvE both have webzines spanning multiple pages each month.

Any details on the new content package?

SnowCrash
04-07-06, 13:23
Unfortunately Neocron's technical system doesn't support triggered in-game events like WoW has, so this is being dealed with by the Gamemaster team. And their are doing a great job, no doubt.

The new story content package will focus more on global conflicts as the current content is concentrating on alliance internal conflicts. But I cannot give you any more details at the current time.

Another content package we are planning is what you can call dynamic dungeons. Several dungeons with small single quests are being pepared and the entrances to them will das be set dynamically within the game world by the Gamemaster team for a short time. This will provide a much better availabilty for all players and give a more dynamic feeling.

Current active events are e.g. the spider invasion and the faction objectives. Both event packages are involving players quite much but the success always depends on how much player are actively taking part. And this changes from month to month.

John Wu
04-07-06, 13:33
so in your book some spiders spawned from time to time and "faction objectives" make neocron stand out among all mmorpgs in terms of events?
most of the time I'm trying to not give KK a hard time in the forums, although I say what I think needs to be said .. but this is just hilarious .. even for KK standards.

the thing about dynamic dungeons sounds good though.

anyway, whats the deal with the faction objectives? haven't heard anything about that. I'm black dragon .. what would my objective be?

SnowCrash
04-07-06, 14:10
The spider event and the faction objectives are the major events which are currently running. Besides that there are random events either hosted by the GM team or by players quite often. Not to forget the various faction assistants who are encouraging and supporting players at their roleplay

What I wanted to say is that there is no other MMO which has an extra live content team which provides players with new live content and roleplay support regularily.

And if you want to know more about the Faction Objectives you should have a look at this anouncement (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131888)

Tratos
04-07-06, 14:13
Unfortunately Neocron's technical system doesn't support triggered in-game events like WoW has, so this is being dealed with by the Gamemaster team. And their are doing a great job, no doubt.
I wasnt challanging the effort of the GM team as they do their job well when events are done - i was simply challanging the inaccuracy of your statement of...

No other game is providing so much event related content like Neocron does.

EDIT: Just read your above response - i see what you're getting at now.

Current active events are e.g. the spider invasion and the faction objectives.
Both seem to have fizzled out - the spider event was said to run within a 6 week time frame and judging by the Webzines, not alot has happened on the Faction Object front although i've not checked ingame mails - last i heard of the Fallen Angels objective Xabi Owlson was a bit pissed off and closed all the TH services then nothing since.

Regardless of this, im not trying to bash a KK response as i appreciate members of the KK team taking time out to come and post on the forum, infact it's refreshing to have the community manager actually being involved with the community - i hope that this is taken as constructive criticism.

SnowCrash
04-07-06, 14:47
As I already said, the success of such events always depend on the participation of players. And if players are not participating, then event is hardly becoming a success. Besides that we are still encountering players who are consciously disturbing events and dealing with such players costs working time.
I do not want to excuse anything but there are always difficulties you have to deal with.

I am always open for criticism as long as it stays constructive. And so far I am quite pleased...with this thread at least. ;)

Brammers
04-07-06, 15:32
anyway, whats the deal with the faction objectives? haven't heard anything about that. I'm black dragon .. what would my objective be?

I don't play a Black Dragon, but as an Fallen Angel, I heard about my faction objective via the ingame email. I don't think all factions have a objective running at the same time. Or try contacting your Faction Assistant, I notice the list of assistants (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133634) has changed recently.

Most players wont tell you what their faction objective is, but in this dark world on Neocron, sometimes a member of the faction will sell out the faction, and pass on the information to an enemy, who may or may not find the information valuable!

John Wu
04-07-06, 22:42
As I already said, the success of such events always depend on the participation of players. And if players are not participating, then event is hardly becoming a success.
well .. I was there when regant was running around in the dome .. damage boosted him, and he ran away - not really exciting. I was there when the spiders were seen the first time and killed some. when I hear "there's spiders in sector xyz" now, I dont bother to go there - been there, done that... the success of an event is not only up to the players, its also up to KK to make them interesting enough to make players participate.

Mighty Max
04-07-06, 23:20
You should try to explain what you want.

Currently your post just sounds like you went to these places just to have your prejustice proven, without motivation to look ahead.

So you db'ed Regant himself, and he ran. Where did he ran off to, and why was he there? Maybe his objective was not to fight you ...

Sure, events have to be interesting, but i really don't see how someone can obtain your interest to a story if you don't (want to?) notice things that take more time then a quick fight.

=REMUS=
04-07-06, 23:44
I sent a big fat list of ideas in but I didn't even get the satisfaction of rejection and got no reply.

RusSki
05-07-06, 00:41
The "decreased effort" was aiming towards the frequency of in-game events.
Can any player of moderator tell me how many of these ingame events have occured in the last 2 months?
It CAN include player hosted events but only ones relervant to the story and that had some kind of EGM support.

Feel free to list them.

I'm just trying to build a picture in my mind of how the story line has been progressing and at what kind of pace.

I don't play a Black Dragon, but as an Fallen Angel, I heard about my faction objective via the ingame email. I don't think all factions have a objective running at the same time.

Ok i dont expect or even want you to tell me what the faction objectives actually are, but i know they have been running for a while now.

Have all factions had their own objectives run at some point by now? Or still only a select few factions?
My crahn char doesnt have any mails about faction objectives nor does my DRE noob.

Thanx.

John Wu
05-07-06, 00:59
You should try to explain what you want.

Currently your post just sounds like you went to these places just to have your prejustice proven, without motivation to look ahead.
no, my post sounds like I went to those places and won't go there again if the story/event doesnt develop - having spiders spawned around me maybe is fun once, but thats it. without some background and further developments it just gets plain boring. maybe I'm not getting the whole picture - in this case feel free to enlighten me.

So you db'ed Regant himself, and he ran. Where did he ran off to, and why was he there? Maybe his objective was not to fight you ...
again - I'm not saying Regant should have fought me. I'm saying that this event didnt have any deeper meaning to me, since he was just babbling something and then disappeared after I db'ed him. haven't heard of him after that.

Sure, events have to be interesting, but i really don't see how someone can obtain your interest to a story if you don't (want to?) notice things that take more time then a quick fight.
this sounds more like you are the one who's just here to have his prejudice proven. if you knew me ingame you'd know that I'm not just after a quick fight.

I explained what I don't want - maybe you can take some time and figure out what I want from that ;)