PDA

View Full Version : lot of ppu casts failures

calim
02-07-06, 20:39
Hi,

I haven't played my ppu for one month, i just returned to the game (with patch 157), and i think i noticed that i have more casts failures than before.
example to reproduce: at start no spell is selected. I select spell 1 (heal), and click the mouse button shortly after. 90% of the time it fails. Why ?
It happened before, but not systematically ... or maybe i haven't noticed it so much before ^^

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 21:22
It's a bug i hate. I get it on my spy alot, i switch to another spell, try to cast it but i just wave the arm around and have to wait a few seconds before i can actually cast the spell.

The only way to get around this is to wait some time after switching before you start casting the spell, about half a second is enough already.

Still a pain in the ass if you're in a fight trying to heal to fast. :(

CMaster
02-07-06, 21:24
It got worse longer ago than Patch 157. A few months ago I guess it got incredibly frustrating for me to PPU with the near-constant wavey handsness. STupid, stupid bug, especially as you have to wait until the raving has finished (typicallly longer than a sucessful cast would be) before trying again.

pabz
02-07-06, 22:31
Seems okey to me ;)

calim
03-07-06, 00:56
Seems okey to me ;)

seems neocron's entrails are very complicated :P

calim
03-07-06, 09:16
Can we have an official statement on this issue ? Aim is to know if it's considered as a known bug.

calim
04-07-06, 09:40
anyone else has noticed this problem, particulary fond these time ?

yuuki
04-07-06, 11:09
i have this bug as well and it does also affect my hn items. but for me this didn't occur during the last patch, but has been that way for a while already :(

NAPPER
04-07-06, 11:22
i got it when i played the other day on my tank i cast my heal and then it went to my br1 then bk to my heal and it didnt even cast anything does it still sound like you are reloading when you swap spells

Brammers
04-07-06, 11:26
If the netcode is having a bad day, I get problems with mis-casts, waving hands etc.

One thing I've noticed a lot is, if I go from an outdoors area to a indoors area, I get a lot more mis-casts. It seems I have to change spells and cast a little slower.

NAPPER
04-07-06, 11:33
yeah it works alot better if you can take your time but you havnt got much time when your on red health lol which is nealy all the time lol

calim
04-07-06, 12:25
If the netcode is having a bad day, I get problems with mis-casts, waving hands etc.

One thing I've noticed a lot is, if I go from an outdoors area to a indoors area, I get a lot more mis-casts. It seems I have to change spells and cast a little slower.

Right, this cast issue depends on where you are ... i noticed that too.

unreal
04-07-06, 18:59
I don't really agree with that; I (and everyone else I know) get miscasts no matter where I (and they) are. With this problem as bad as it is, playing any combat character is like a big gamble on whether you're going to live or die. At least the clipwhoring is so bad at times that you or them can't even be targetted, which helps that bad situation go a bit smoother.

calim
05-07-06, 01:46
I don't really agree with that; I (and everyone else I know) get miscasts no matter where I (and they) are. With this problem as bad as it is, playing any combat character is like a big gamble on whether you're going to live or die. At least the clipwhoring is so bad at times that you or them can't even be targetted, which helps that bad situation go a bit smoother.

Are you trying to say that what we've noticed is only "in our heads" ?

(and everyone else I know)

Speak for yourself unreal, it could be a good start i think !

calim
08-07-06, 13:38
And to illustrate what i speak about, here it is a video.
There are two casts in it, the first fail and the second success.

cast problem in video (http://mhamant.free.fr/healproblem.avi)

calim
09-07-06, 04:15
Up ;)

calim
12-07-06, 11:14
ok i will send my comments and this video to helpdesk@neocron CC bugreport@neocron.com

calim
18-07-06, 10:42
ok i will send my comments and this video to helpdesk@neocron CC bugreport@neocron.com

Done last week. Waiting for an answer.