PDA

View Full Version : MotU Tournament: Registration

Chenoa
02-07-06, 17:36
HERE IS THE WEBPAGE FOR THE TOURNAMENT (http://entry.neocron.com/contest/MotU/)

- Next Step : The registration !

(Thx Mokoi !!!)

MotU - Announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134045)

MotU - Timeframe, the Com voted for July / August (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134502)

(the mail to the hoster will follow laters !!!)

=REMUS=
02-07-06, 18:24
count me in on terra with my tank REMUS

Chenoa
02-07-06, 18:52
count me in on terra with my tank REMUS

You should read the page and fill out the registration there =)

unreal
02-07-06, 19:14
Ah it's so strange seeing anchors that aren't orange on the forum. :p I think a little piece of information should be added: When will registration end? It's always best to set a deadline, so that people know they need to make up their minds by a certain date. :)

aKe`cj
02-07-06, 19:18
When will registration end?

Pre-Fights : Starting middle of July

13 days to go.. at the very max I'd say... no?
Probably even less.

=REMUS=
02-07-06, 19:18
You should read the page and fill out the registration there =)

I realise i'm in all likelyhood being quite dense... but I can only find an application form to be a host *cries*

EDIT: ok i am dense....

aKe`cj
02-07-06, 19:22
HERE IS THE WEBPAGE FOR THE TOURNAMENT (http://entry.neocron.com/contest/MotU/)

try it without the color-tags - there's the link you've been missing ;)

=REMUS=
02-07-06, 19:31
since i'm obviously special needs, is there any chance of a handicap bonus ;)

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 20:02
Ah it's so strange seeing anchors that aren't orange on the forum. :pAhaha, it took me quite some time to actually find out where the link was. :lol:

Anyway, are they events gonna take place at the same time? Because i'd love to enter on my mars tank aswell.

Also, can i sign different characters up?

Skusty
02-07-06, 21:23
I'm in. :p I'm gonna get so pwned.

giga191
02-07-06, 21:51
omfg get rdy to be pwned.

what's a ladder anyway? that's not knockout style is it?

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 22:20
omfg get rdy to be pwned.

what's a ladder anyway? that's not knockout style is it?
Haha i so bet my first fight is gonna be against you and then i'm out.

Except if you sign your tank up!:lol:

Chenoa
03-07-06, 08:31
Quote from the webpage :

IMPORTANT: Every Runner can take part with just one Character / Account at this tournament. Disregard of this rule will result in a disqualification!

Pantho
03-07-06, 09:32
Im in, man i suck atm, Sorted out my Pe . But its Healing Light, and feels different than Exec?

Wait are Hybrids Allowed? Because i see a Monk choice. And no1 saying otherwise.

See no Evil
03-07-06, 10:50
Chenoa : When I read your message, one character / account, I understood 1 character per account whereas it is 1 character max, 1 account max.

giga191
03-07-06, 10:50
so is a ladder the one with points?

SorkZmok
03-07-06, 11:17
Yeah, what about hybrids? And what about foreign buffs? Because then you can just leave all the other classes out of it and let the hybrids have a go. o_O

Mokoi
03-07-06, 13:47
so is a ladder the one with points?

I am sorry if the term "ladder" caused confusion here.
If you like, you can interpret it as "tournament plan" - it will certainly be designed as a knockout tournament, similar to the worldcup knockout phase.
I hope thats precise enough for you - if there is a different term that is more to the point, simply let us know and we will change it. ;)

giga191
03-07-06, 16:24
so if the best player faces the second best player in the first round, then the second best player won't be in the top five, even though he is better than the other 4 who win?

CMaster
03-07-06, 16:48
so if the best player faces the second best player in the first round, then the second best player won't be in the top five, even though he is better than the other 4 who win?

Thats the way of tournaments. An english Ladder isnt really fair either, and a leauge would just take too long.

giga191
03-07-06, 17:14
Thats the way of tournaments. An english Ladder isnt really fair either, and a leauge would just take too long. knockout only works when there's 1 winner.

SorkZmok
03-07-06, 23:25
Ugh, so many PEs signing up for it. I don't like that. :(

Brammers
04-07-06, 11:33
The tournament will be lead by "Solid Rock", "Brammers" and "Blarun" on terra. Please ask this runners by further server related questions.

Ok, not that I can anyone anything at this point in time, not even the dates!

=REMUS=
04-07-06, 23:24
*gulp* and i'm the only tank so far, I better re-sub and have a go at capping con before the tourney starts...

Doc Holliday
05-07-06, 08:36
*gulp* and i'm the only tank so far, I better re-sub and have a go at capping con before the tourney starts...

man. i wish i could enter just to pwn you then retire and bask in my glory.....

From a safe zone :P

=REMUS=
05-07-06, 12:34
man. i wish i could enter just to pwn you then retire and bask in my glory.....

From a safe zone :P

hehe! bring it doc... :p

Doc Holliday
06-07-06, 07:43
hehe! bring it doc... :p

i would love to buddy i really would. still a few months from now and i might just be able to get in properly but no promises. i dont no about fighting but i could sure come say hi.

Okran
07-07-06, 16:25
Ak damn, that rules me out before its even started!
My Rifle spy would get wasted without stealth. If only I was a Pistol user instead :( Pistols do more damage, and have less req's so I could use a PPR cpu for more defense. Damn it!

Brammers
07-07-06, 17:04
Ak damn, that rules me out before its even started!
My Rifle spy would get wasted without stealth. If only I was a Pistol user instead :( Pistols do more damage, and have less req's so I could use a PPR cpu for more defense. Damn it!

Go and Register and give it a try! You could stealth away, and snipe him from a distance*. ;)

* That's if the rules allow that sort of thing.

yuuki
07-07-06, 18:06
could you please put the link to the registration along with some basic information in the launcher?
there are lots of ppl in game who don't read the forum but would like to participate in that kind of event when asked about it, so i guess there will be even more not knowing of it :angel:

SorkZmok
09-07-06, 14:37
could you please put the link to the registration along with some basic information in the launcher?
there are lots of ppl in game who don't read the forum but would like to participate in that kind of event when asked about it, so i guess there will be even more not knowing of it :angel:
Yeah, i'd love to see it on the launcher and if possible ingame aswell. Send out mails, put up advertisements or just get a GM to announce it on trade-nc every once in a while.

aKe`cj
09-07-06, 14:47
Yeah, i'd love to see it on the launcher and if possible ingame aswell. Send out mails, put up advertisements or just get a GM to announce it on trade-nc every once in a while.

You're slow dude ;)

Important News:
MotU registration
The registration for the Masters of the Universe Tournament has started ! Read more information here in this thread. Deadline for the registrations is Friday, 14th july ´06 !
07/08/2006 06:51pm

Dribble Joy
10-07-06, 18:36
I might come back from my self-imposed PvP exile for this, though a first round knockout is inevitable.

What about a seeding system to avoid 'good' people going out early?
Though how you would determine who's seeded what would be a nightmare.

zii
11-07-06, 03:59
I did send in an Email for Neptune but I suspect it got lost in the post, or Neptune doesn't count as a server any more. Ah well. I cannot say that I am surprised.

yuuki
11-07-06, 04:47
afaik there are no events on neptune

silent000
11-07-06, 05:12
a PvP tournament not on a PvP server? =/

SorkZmok
11-07-06, 17:48
What about a seeding system to avoid 'good' people going out early?
Though how you would determine who's seeded what would be a nightmare.
I couldn't really think of a fair way to avoid the good people fighting each other right in the first round. It would not be fair for everyone no matter how you set it up.

The only way i could see is making it like the football worldcup with groups where everyone would fight each other and then the best 2 would get further. But that would simply take too long i guess.

Could be doable though, maybe 3 or 4 groups, depending on the amount of people and then have one of those groups fight it out each day until we get to the finals on the last day. Dunno. :rolleyes:

@Edit
And to those guys about Neptune:

GET OVER IT, NEPTUNE IS DEAD FFS!!1:lol:

Chosen One
14-07-06, 11:09
Im in! :D *crosses fingers*

silent000
14-07-06, 18:05
Kid Kapow is gunna be my bitch!

SorkZmok
14-07-06, 18:13
There's only 3 on the list that i'm a bit afraid of. The rest is cake. :lol:

Don't really know all of em though.

silent000
15-07-06, 09:11
Wasnt the registration ment to end yesterday :cool:

Chenoa
15-07-06, 11:29
Yes its closed. We´re working on the ladder now. The next thread with timeline and more info will follow as soon as possible, keep an eye on it =)

/close