PDA

View Full Version : WoC Disks

=REMUS=
01-07-06, 14:56
Basically i'm getting to the stage with my apu&PE where I can start thinking about WoC disks & quests now.

Now i've just been fannying around solo leveling ALOT, doing a bit of pvp every now and again and it hasn't even crossed my mind to learn about the WoC disks since they were introduced properly while I was taking an extended break.

So could anyone link me to some info since i've given up trying to search on here and synergy :/

I'm also going to start leveling my tank again soon, are they still gimped and have they been "allowed" any new items recently appart from the tron pa?

CMaster
01-07-06, 15:05
http://nc.synergyxr.net/info/skills/#woc
Look harder :P

=REMUS=
01-07-06, 15:49
I salute your observational skills my friend, cheers ;)

EDIT: I didn't look at the link before I offered congratulations, I have actually already looked at that guide! I wanted to know how to get the disks and if there were any mission guides (I did find the mission guide on the hand gun and rifle woc epic...)

Uho
01-07-06, 16:38
Simple how to get woc disk?
take divorce, and go camp ceres labs for 4 months.

very simple :O

hint prototypes drop them from 1 out of 4000 kills

CMaster
01-07-06, 16:50
There is no WoC mission. YOu just show up at the temple with your disk, cash and xp.
To get the disk you need to kill Prototype Ceres somethings from one of the two types of ceres labs sub levels (one type is presently closed).

landofcake
01-07-06, 20:18
Remus you have a good signature

=REMUS=
01-07-06, 20:19
ahhh ok, thanks for the info.

anyone care to sum up the tank class atm?

Fero
01-07-06, 21:23
sum up tank class?
Unplayable in my opinion.
They dont do proper damage. cannot heal .slow as hell with weapon out.
Spys/Apus/PEs kill 'em quite fast.(sum of everything written above).

btw .. woc disk drop rate is far from normal in general. Survival solely depends on ppu buttplug. WoC needs to be a mission not grind in hopes of lucky drop.(i hate farming for something that has a very little use ingame, but supposed to be "high level content") i would like to speak to a clown who came up with that idea. :mad:

::edit:: typos

solling
01-07-06, 21:26
tanks are sadly underpowered atm but in the new balancing thing said to be out soon they have balanced all classes including tank
tanks get psi removed but get some other nice toys to play around with including a healing device

heavy tanks have it rough these days but if u r a good tank u can actually kill some at least of all the xbow/slasher people out there. in op fights ur aim have to be VERY good as ur prolly frozen for the most time and ppus dont really unfreeze u as they have better things to do fondeling their apu.

melee tanks have it less rough they are actually good in op fights can take apus down very fast so get a little more attention from the ppus

with the heal nerf tanks did become more fun to play at least in op fights since u will be able to if u can aim to actually kill people

solo its like before ur heal sucks ur damage is kinda ok
spy/pe heals are good their damage is better then urs(slasher xbow is mostley used now a days) the few judge pes around are actually a pleasure to fight :D
and almost all apus have a ppu up their ass

hope that sums it up for u

=REMUS=
02-07-06, 01:14
shit.

Pantho
02-07-06, 03:16
shit.

well said, im making a Judge pe for fun..

But i have a HL/Dissy pe 2, (Spy using Xbow soon, CS still outputs alot of dmg if u can aim and dev)

Xeno LARD
02-07-06, 10:27
shit.If you can aim well, tank is still much fun to play. THough i gotta admit they're quite shafted these days with the runspeed nerf, rather low dmg and the fucked healing.

Love teh CS. :)

ZoVoS
02-07-06, 11:08
If you can aim well, tank is still much fun to play. THough i gotta admit they're quite shafted these days with the runspeed nerf, rather low dmg and the fucked healing.

Love teh CS. :)

remus can aim well =]

giga191
02-07-06, 11:22
healing.

i think the tl10 heal is one of the huge problems atm, if all classes had to use the current tl3 heal as it is now, the balance wouldn't be that bad (in terms of 1 vs 1 pvp).

Apocalypsox
02-07-06, 11:51
i think the tl10 heal is one of the huge problems atm, if all classes had to use the current tl3 heal as it is now, the balance wouldn't be that bad (in terms of 1 vs 1 pvp).
people would also be wasting a slot on something that doesnt even necessarily heal 10 points on most characters. better to use a medkit.

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 12:10
Yeh, just check the amount of pistol PEs and APU hybrids these days. TL 10 is a pain in the ass.

:mad:

unreal
02-07-06, 12:13
i think the tl10 heal is one of the huge problems atm, if all classes had to use the current tl3 heal as it is now, the balance wouldn't be that bad (in terms of 1 vs 1 pvp).In other words, we would have no decent heal without a PPU buttplugg? That move would make things even more pro-carebear than they already are. ;) An uncapped TL10 heal (ie, that of a Spies (setup for Shelter of course) skill level), seems to be how the TL10 heal should be overall. It doesn't heal too slow, or too fast.

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 13:11
In other words, we would have no decent heal without a PPU buttplugg? That move would make things even more pro-carebear than they already are. ;) An uncapped TL10 heal (ie, that of a Spies (setup for Shelter of course) skill level), seems to be how the TL10 heal should be overall. It doesn't heal too slow, or too fast.Yep, that's exactly how i'd like to see the TL 10 heal. It's just too much now, especially with all those clipping issues and the bugged health boxes. A PE with a TL 10 heal running needs so damn many hits to finally die, not funny anymore. o_O

unreal
02-07-06, 13:24
The only problem is, nerfing the TL10 heal any more means a terrible nerf for the Spy and even the Tank too. To make things more balanced and fair, the TL10 heal should be like the old TL3 heal in terms of capping. Spies, PE's, and Hybrids were all able to use it well and got the same results as each other.

Maybe somehow taking Psi Power out of the equation in regards to certain spells would help make hybrids more balanced too. At the moment, Monks get too much of an advantage when being a hybrid thanks to Psi Power helping with increasing damage/cast speed.

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 14:13
The only problem is, nerfing the TL10 heal any more means a terrible nerf for the Spy and even the Tank too. To make things more balanced and fair, the TL10 heal should be like the old TL3 heal in terms of capping. Spies, PE's, and Hybrids were all able to use it well and got the same results as each other.

Maybe somehow taking Psi Power out of the equation in regards to certain spells would help make hybrids more balanced too. At the moment, Monks get too much of an advantage when being a hybrid thanks to Psi Power helping with increasing damage/cast speed.Yeah, i'd put the capped TL 3 to 5 or 6/tick and the capped TL 10 to 7 or 8/tick. That way it should be ok again.

it wasnt even that bad before they broke the heals. :lol:

=REMUS=
02-07-06, 15:45
remus can aim well =]

thanks for the vote of confidance ZoVoS ;) still got my old 4 slot cs waiting to be dusted off :p

I never really used to bother with healing while dueling as a tank so a crap tl3 heal or an opponant using a good tl10 heal isn't important to me, allot of tanks did... but I never really followed trends and followed my own set style of beliefs in reguard to the resist and game systems.... which were proberbly wrong tbh but I never really liked to associate myself with super clans (except for TA, SSC and DarK (sorry if I forgot someone) which with all due credit forged the way in setups.

hehe I just remembered when i used to host fight night and I creamed kramer two times in a row, a little rank 30 noob came up to me and asked me how I won wearing pa ;)

oh the memories :)

Is it me or has the tank class always been neglected? The spy class admittedly for a fairly long period of time where quite frankly a joke class in terms of their combat effectiveness, seems tanks are even redundant as damage soaks now really.

Personally I think I will just level my tank when I re-activate that account and wait for this so called "balenceing" to occour before I put my name back on the line in pvp.

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 16:27
Whenever you feel like practicing in NF, give me a shout via trade-nc, i got an hc tank too that i'd love to play again. And i need some serious practice with him as i haven't even logged that guy in ages. :)

=REMUS=
02-07-06, 18:21
sounds good to me, i've heard you are pretty good.

i'm a bit shitter than evileye if you have ever dueled him.

SorkZmok
02-07-06, 20:10
sounds good to me, i've heard you are pretty good.

i'm a bit shitter than evileye if you have ever dueled him.
Dunno if i actually fought him.
But on a good day if i had some time to get into it i can beat pretty much everyone.

Except for Gunnar on his goddamn new setup. :lol:

giga191
03-07-06, 10:49
In other words, we would have no decent heal without a PPU buttplugg? That move would make things even more pro-carebear than they already are. ;) An uncapped TL10 heal (ie, that of a Spies (setup for Shelter of course) skill level), seems to be how the TL10 heal should be overall. It doesn't heal too slow, or too fast. then delete ppus