PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Official Notice

Trent
30-06-06, 17:38
Could one of the moderators give a brief synopsis of the rather extraordinary notice about KK being accused of favoritism? I'm mostly a solo player who is usually out of the loop when it comes to these types of rumors. I'd like to get the straight story. O_o

Trent (Indigo Black)

Mighty Max
30-06-06, 17:39
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134547 ?

Trent
30-06-06, 18:37
But I'd like to know what prompted the announcement. 8|

Thanks!

Trent (Indigo Black)

aKe`cj
30-06-06, 20:52
Afaik it was triggered by a massive defamatory campaign staged by individuals of the german community, against a german team member... thus you would not have taken notice of it.

Trent
01-07-06, 02:28
It amazes me that there are people out there who think this way. Personally, I can't think of a reason a business owner would want to deliberately antagonize a segment of the paying public - but hell, what do I know?

Thanks again!

Trent (Indigo Black)

RogerRamjet
01-07-06, 15:05
Its favouritism concerning volunteer GMs i think, been going on on Terra for a while, constant accusations/whining etc.

unreal
01-07-06, 21:47
heh, well, it does appear like there's some truth behind it, and no I'm not saying there is (no doubt it will be interpreted that way). An example being the day the Ion weapons you get out of hacknet got patched in.

[Edit: descriptive paragraphs removed so I won't get banned :p]

There are a few other examples similair to that, but no matter what happens you won't get rid of that sort of behaviour where volunteers are concerned, unless you get to know those particular people weeks or months in advance and know they'll keep their integrity, even to their friends.

Logging in-game moderator/helper messages and actions is one way of helping to prevent that, and should be mandatory really when you think about it. Official representitives (and their respective unofficial characters too) should have their activites monitored at all times, to make sure they're treating people properly, not revealing certain information in-game (which is where their unofficial characters come in), and of course, not abusing their specific powers.

You know what they say, there's no smoke without fire. I'm not saying there is any fire though, obviously.

Trent
01-07-06, 23:30
... An example being the day the Ion weapons you get out of hacknet got patched in.

I stopped several years ago and just started again so I wasn't here when that happened - but I'm amazed that even after all this time the whinning still goes on...

But, your point is well taken.

Trent (Indigo Black)