PDA

View Full Version : to answer the **weird bug** post below

boreal
30-06-06, 16:17
i hear that the NC2 serveur got a weird bug a few month ago

1. all the guy made BEFORE the crash are bald (can't remember how to say **whitout hair** in english, jsut send a help tiken in game to get hair back

2. all your **black box** are a other form of bug (i have it me too) and you can't do nothing about it, you can't do ether change the stuff they say bellow (ex. 2 of my caracter are black box, before the crash they are GUY and they where CM, now they show as GIRL and in TG ???)

3. SYN is bad for the few houres you play them at the start (like 50 HP bug, you log off then log on and wait) it took me a couple of time before i was able to play like before

i think it cover all what you have say, if you got other question, gonna try hard to answer :D

rhinodriver
Daakutenshi
Silencehunter
Geisha supreme

Mr Kot
30-06-06, 22:32
1. You said it all really. Before the balls-up 18 months ago, we all had doybots, uplinks and green PEs on our heads. The fix involved wiping all objects on heads, including our precious wigs. Bald heads can be fixed ingame.

2. Toons made before the server hiccup don't show an avatar now. Same with mine. New chars are ok. My various male chars all show as female psi monks now :( They're ok ingame.

But CM to TG?? The login screen doesn't even show factions, so how can this be? Are your ingame factions screwed? If so, you need to mail helpdesk@neocron.com

3. I've had that too for the last month and i'm positive now that it's definitely to do with ISP. NTL users have put up with it for ages, and i was always fine with Tiscali until the 24th May. What was special about the 24th May? This was the day Tiscali performed "network enhancements" in my area. Since then, my connection is totally fucked and i get login issues ALL the goddamn time. One particular ISP connection problem was so bad i had to complain to Tiscali until they finally admitted one of the settings at their end needed tweaking. That problem was fixed, but i still get terrible trouble getting a first response from any remote server and NC is a pain to log in to.

Now that more and more people are complaining about these problems, including people who said it was fine ages ago, that suggests to me that ISPs all over the world are performing "network enhancements" and royally screwing things up in the process. I stand by the motto: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

CMaster
01-07-06, 00:08
Bandwidth shaping perhaps?

Tubby
01-07-06, 00:11
Is it me or is the client launcher not working o_O

nvm sorted now :)

Croatoan
01-07-06, 01:44
Hey Mr. Kot...

The reason I know that my TT guy is now CM is because I was able to log in with him, and when he appeared he was in a CM apartment, instead of his posh Via Rosso flat. Since my post the GMs have been very helpful and I have been able to get all my characters logged in and working.

The faction switch isn't necessarily a bad thing for me. I still possess the old clan key from my clan back in the day, and it is CM. So that just means that all my chars will now be able to join my clan! Sweet.