PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 & Paypal

muaddib913
29-06-06, 13:18
Umm just a quick question, ive been having issues with click2pay so I was wondering if paypal is acceptable?

or does anyone have any other form of online payment methods.... I do have a visa credit card but click2pay dont bloody well think its valid 8|

Spermy
29-06-06, 13:24
Umm just a quick question, ive been having issues with click2pay so I was wondering if paypal is acceptable?

or does anyone have any other form of online payment methods.... I do have a visa credit card but click2pay dont bloody well think its valid 8|

Could be on your banks end.

Anyhow, try going through the paybycash option, there's plenty of credit card choices in there.

muaddib913
29-06-06, 13:39
its not on my banks end, cos I've succesfully played WoW with this card and thats in the US. Might try looking through one of the paybycash options. It does seem cheaper for some wierd reason.

RaekOne
29-06-06, 13:48
deffinately not your card
click2pay are notorious for being crap
paybycash worked good for me when i played :)

pabz
29-06-06, 13:50
Jinis suggestions

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134506

Tratos
29-06-06, 14:27
http://checkout.google.com

I wonder...

muaddib913
29-06-06, 15:10
@ pabs, I dont have sufficient access to view that thread :( whats it say in there?

@tratos, wtf is google checkout? is it legitimate and will it work?

Brammers
29-06-06, 15:13
Here is Jini's post.

ok, I wanted to help a friend reactivate his account and finally tried the click to pay hell. I followed all the options that were available, and I want to share with you my experiences and also what I did and it finally worked (actually it may help some people reactivate, while we wait for the supposed payment change)

First of all I think that kk has gone to all these rigourous procedures because it couldnt afford or didnt want to get involved with a special department that would do the actual creditability checking of its customers CCs.

Personally I hate those services, because all of them keeps a small commission for the service they provide and they also deny interest which is gay, which is basically a means to authorize a valid CC, and then transfer the payment from the customer(you) to the company(kk).

Without getting into a lot of details, I found two services that I liked:
1. Western Union: although not entirely electronic, you have to go to their rep in the country you live and fill a special "QuickPayment" form you can easily get the job done. However I couldnt use this service because in my country it wasnt allowed a human to pay a company. Only transfers between humans, but this is very Country specific so it might work for your country.

2. Neteller: this service works and is also very fast (fully electronic). It works best if you own a CC, but you can also wire the fund (which is not electronic, you need to go to your bank). This works as follows:
i. you get an access account, in which you can deposit cash with the already mentioned ways(they keep a commission of 3.9% per deposit, with minimum deposit or 15 euros. Accounts aren't getting ANY interest whatsoever).
ii. once you have deposited those funds, you can reactivate and do the actual transfer in minutes from your neteller account to paybycash/kk immediately if you do the transfer within working hours.
However, in order to open an account with them, you need to prove your identity (you send them a photocopy of your CC with your address, which take a couple of days to process). Once this is done you are ready to use the service. So, it's just a 48 hour delay provided you have a CC.

Hope this helped

Tratos
29-06-06, 15:14
Google Checkout is basically Google's own PayPal. It wont work with Neocron but i simply posted it as a random musing at the possibility of the new payment system we're supposed to be getting.

Aslo, this is the post pabs linked too.
EDIT: See Bram's post, he just beat me too it!

muaddib913
29-06-06, 15:17
cheers... hmmm going to have to think about this methinks....

Going to take a while though no matter what I do.