PDA

View Full Version : Prey

rob444
29-06-06, 03:03
3D Realms released a demo of their upcoming title 'Prey'. I tried it out both in singleplayer and multiplayer and really enjoyed it. Really weird stuff, you can move your spirit out of your body and do some kinky stuff. Multiplayer is pretty cool with all the gravity walls and portals. GFX is pretty damn nice with some really nice performance as well (their old engine back in the 90's almost looked like the Quake 3 engine made by ID software and with awesome performance, I wonder why they never released the game back then - was worth the wait imo).

So what do you guys think about the game (if you've tried it)?

Scanner Darkly
29-06-06, 09:57
Haven't tried it but seen a few videos of it. Looks fantastic: very interactive / deformable world and I like that pet hawk (owl?) that flies around with you. Also this is the first game I've seen where you can make your alter-ego puke (by changing the gravity around in that insane room).

I don't have the hardware to do this game justice right now...

Reminds me a little of what Duke Nukem 3d could have evolved into, some of the lines sounding just like ole Duke.

CMaster
29-06-06, 14:00
Wow, this really isn't varpourware?
I remember first hearing of Prey back when Hexen was coming up to release. Since then the name has surfaced now and again but never shown itself to be anything more than faked screenshots. Now there may actually be a game called Prey coming out? Novelty. What next, DNF?

Sylow
29-06-06, 14:20
Wow, this really isn't varpourware?
I remember first hearing of Prey back when Hexen was coming up to release. Since then the name has surfaced now and again but never shown itself to be anything more than faked screenshots. Now there may actually be a game called Prey coming out? Novelty. What next, DNF?
I heard they are just working on converting those games for the phantom console... :D ;)

rob444
29-06-06, 14:26
Hehe.

Old prey: http://www.imhz.com/videos/Prey_E3_1998_IMHz.avi
New prey (you need an account): http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8802

A lot has changed :).

Skusty
29-06-06, 14:34
That suit he's wearing in New Prey. ( The screenshot ) reminds me of the snipersuits in bf2. :lol: