PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Spika DaHypa

Kevin Ray [ZPr]
25-06-06, 03:38
Hello i am new to NeoCron. I play FoM so i got into this game by Spika DaHypa who played FoM atm. I wanted to see if anyone knows him and if maybe he can reply to this post. anyone can log onto our ventrilo server too.

IP: Dallas7.NationVoice.com
Port: 3830

Everyone welcome. and Spika DaHypa get on :)

Rachius
26-06-06, 00:25
I played FoM up until about two months before they went "retail" (Amusing that Opiate, one of DPS' devs played NC Beta with me, through to retail. Those who forget their history, however...) and there were a few people called "Spike", but I don't remember any Spika at all.

If this is your first time in Neocron, keep your wits about you - there's been a shortage for a while now.

And by "a while now" I mean "about four years".

Kevin Ray [ZPr]
26-06-06, 05:17
I have never played a game with such bad graphics im gonna keep playing FoM its way better and im rank 6 in EC so....

Xeno LARD
26-06-06, 07:20
I actually think NC looks better than FoM. Not to mention the gameplay. FoM is terrible. I really don't get how anyone can play it. o_O

RogerRamjet
26-06-06, 12:07
The NPCs do need upgrading to NC2 skins mind you :rolleyes:

Pantho
26-06-06, 12:35
The NPCs do need upgrading to NC2 skins mind you :rolleyes:

SiG..

A maxim KK should adopt:- "If it aint broke, dont FUCKING BREAK IT!!!"

Yes Roger, :p

Brammers
27-06-06, 13:21
']I have never played a game with such bad graphics im gonna keep playing FoM its way better and im rank 6 in EC so....

New user with 2 Posts, comments like this and I get a bit suspicious...

Although I do agree with what RogerRamjet says.

I've played FoM briefly, and tbh I was not impressed with the graphics at all. It's probably down to the dated graphics engine they are using.

NC2's engine is dated in places, but outside with the NC2.1 engine, some places really do look great!

Gameplay - NC vs FoM, can't comment, as I've not played FoM enough.

Rachius
28-06-06, 21:24
I've played both FoM and NC1/2 extensively, and although FoM during the early stages of open beta (before the engine upgrade) was excellent, it is now more of a chore to play the game.

Kevin Ray [ZPr]
29-06-06, 20:48
FoM is the best game lol get rank and all. Also they have done some very very good new patches and graphics are way better maybe you should try it again

Faceofmankind.com

Also get on our ventrilo if you need help.

IP: Dallas7.NationVoice.com
Port: 3830

Kevin Ray [ZPr]
29-06-06, 20:51
Also the box version will be hitting shelves soon so we expect allot more people than there is now ;) plz feel free to get on our ventrilo server

Rachius
04-07-06, 18:22
You must not have played the game back during beta when it was a joy to play. Since the engine upgrade, it may look better, but the game is nowhere near as fun to play. Later this week I expect I'll have some spare time, and since I used to play NC with Opiate (a Duplex dev) I'm probably going to give FoM a months sub and have another go, but I very much doubt I'll stay.

Getting rank doesn't make the game instantly fun. I've been everything up to rank six (AC, LED, MotB, and BOS - you won't remember AC, they and AE were deleted to make way for VI)

What makes FoM fun is the people you play it with. With the engine upgrade and the ensuing slew of bugs they introduced, a lot of people left (during beta), and from then on it got a trickle of new people in as all the old good people left (or accepted GM positions, like Thunder and Smoker)

And as a final point, graphics dont make a game good. NC in beta had worse models than it does now, but it was a lot more fun. Ditto for FoM.

Kevin Ray [ZPr]
17-07-06, 06:27
no one knows spika dahypa ?

Apocalypsox
17-07-06, 07:32
No one knows him, or wants to help YOU when you degenerate our game so dont expect any help from us Fanbois who have played this game for about 4 years.

Also FoM sucks. plain and simple. maybe you shoulda played NC to something more than rank 5 before you started calling it bad.

Fear apocs occasional flame of DOOM!

zii
19-07-06, 05:11
Hear fucking hear. :D