PDA

View Full Version : random parashock fix

ZoVoS
23-06-06, 18:50
-=EDIT=- DAMIT THIS WAS MENT TO BE IN GENERAL FOURMS -=EDIT=-

was sitting down stairing at the ceeling thinkin what to wear when i go out tonight and for some reason a random parashock fix came into my head

make parashock acumulative like a damageboost is

only make it wrok different. scrap all the current effects and instead do the following

low lvl parashocks 1-3%
medium lvl parashocks 15-20%

meele shocker 15%

freeze weapons 20%
rare freeze weapon 30 %

holy parashock 50%

and what they do instead is when cast it takes down a persons Agility and Athletics by a certain %age and the 3 different lvl drugs remove a certain percentage

Low lvl drug removes 100% but takes 3 seconds to work
medium lvl drug removes 40% but takes 1 seconds to work
high lvl drug works instantly and removes 10-20% a dose

^_^ just an idea, i cant remember any weapon requiermnets or item requiermnets having athletics or agility ( apart from meele weapons but i never found it effected them that much either :S )

i know we have had 100001 parashock threads over the years but if there not gona remove it how about that?

Pantho
24-06-06, 01:02
Just remove from Copbots, im happy

aKe`cj
24-06-06, 01:12
I say boost efficiency of ALL Parashocks by 100% ! :angel:
No need to remove a working feature from the game.

... but please, please, please - make them PvM only

Pantho
24-06-06, 01:55
ROFL tbh

Apocalypsox
24-06-06, 02:33
ive never saw the use of shocker weapons...maybe i should buy a thunderstorm and hunt pantho with it :D

Bredahl
24-06-06, 03:37
I say boost efficiency of ALL Parashocks by 100% ! :angel:
No need to remove a working feature from the game.

are you fucking stupid or something??! para is one of the biggest pvp killers ingame! :mad:
god i hope you ment that as a joke.. :wtf:

EDIT: BAH!!! didnt see that damn grey shit ^^
hehe not even funny ;)

AND im drunk :D

LiL T
24-06-06, 06:10
are you fucking stupid or something??! para is one of the biggest pvp killers ingame! :mad:
god i hope you ment that as a joke.. :wtf:

EDIT: BAH!!! didnt see that damn grey shit ^^
hehe not even funny ;)

AND im drunk :D
hrhr was gonna have a go at him my self :D

Apocalypsox
24-06-06, 07:05
ur boath drankursd!!11@ *hic* learn to see the little greyish purple writing folks ;)

aKe`cj
24-06-06, 10:27
pantho even quoted it to make it easy :p

but well... I'm serious. KK already stated somewhere, that they plan to keep Para ingame .. which I genaerally support. It's a somewhat different feature, yet most para items are too weak to be used in PvE. Therefor I'd like to see a major boost of Parashocks ... but with a limitation to PvE/PvM. In an FPS oriented PvP-environment, everything that severly unbalances the "duel" and degrades one of the participants to prey, does not serve well in terms of fun, fast paced gameplay and is a smack in the face of playerskill. I like Para .. I want to see the effect boosted and I do not want to be able to affect other players with it. Don't "REMOVE PARA".. make it PvE. :)

Xeno LARD
24-06-06, 10:58
ive never saw the use of shocker weapons...maybe i should buy a thunderstorm and hunt pantho with it :D
The thunderstorm is quite effective i gotta say. At least it was the last time i saw someone using it.

Freezer pistols are wank though. But they look neat now. :lol:

rob444
24-06-06, 20:13
Parashock needs to be fixed? What have I missed? :P

ZoVoS
24-06-06, 23:20
The thunderstorm is quite effective i gotta say. At least it was the last time i saw someone using it.

Freezer pistols are wank though. But they look neat now. :lol:

*kisses his rs1 rarepart thundrestorm* my ickle baby

Pantho
25-06-06, 02:20

Ud Still die Baby :), Whats the name of u FA Bitch ur making me

giga191
25-06-06, 09:25
My idea is better

When you get paraed it could create 2 psi manipulation effects, the para one that lasts however long it lasts now, and a second effect that lasts for 5 mins that stops you from being paraed again before it wears off.

Koshinn
25-06-06, 10:22
My idea is better

WoW badages/shields ftw?

Sick
25-06-06, 12:46
para is never gunna get removed haha, i dunno why you all bitch about it, it doesnt KILL PvP, it makes it less dull and straightforward...

use anti para drugs, if you cant be bothered, then you deserve to get killed

dont get me wrong i hate being para'd on my apu, but i use a drug, and im fine... why cant you do that?

ya big girls :P

John Wu
25-06-06, 14:58
para is never gunna get removed haha, i dunno why you all bitch about it, it doesnt KILL PvP, it makes it less dull and straightforward...
para makes PvP less dull? you serious? use antidrugs?

I guess you never fought a ppu/apu team. by the time your antidrug kicks in you lost about 2-300 hp. how many antidrugs you carry in your qb? try opening your inventory and popping an antidrug while an apu has a go at you.

para makes PvP dull and straightforward - db, para, kill, who's next?

few weeks ago I was fighting 2 tanks and 1 spy with ppu support, and I did well - because I was better. then I got para'd, and without stealth would have been dead in 3 seconds. way to go - who needs skill, when you have para.

anyone here experienced PvP in early neocron, when all para weapons where as efficient as holy para is now? now THAT was fun huh? :rolleyes:

by making hc/pc/rc/mc para _way_ less effective than they were, KK admitted para is a problem. and I fail to see why it shouldn't be a problem when a ppu uses it.

bottom line - para is for pussies.

unreal
25-06-06, 16:11
Parashock makes PvP less dull? If anything Parashock makes things extremely dull. If I get para'd I usually get damage boosted at the same time, so if I only just started running around on my Spy, that's 5 drugs plus 1 stealth to begin with. You're almost guaranteed to be damage boosted and parashocked once or twice more because by the time you've taken both drugs the first time round, and started running away, the stealth will be almost over.

That's the point where I go back to TechHaven and join the other idlers who have done the same thing, before either logging on my PPU to give a helping hand to newbies, or start playing PlanetSide.

I'm glad I decided not to post here before now, I'd definitely get banned for the endless things I wish to say (which is why I've barely even touched the surface of how I feel about it in this post ;)). Kind of sad and pathetic that half the people in the community say "oh its fine stop bitching" when Parashock completely stops the good PvP (ie, where you actually get a fighting response from someone who doesn't have the runspeed/aiming of a worm) from happening.

The decreasing population speaks for itself, and it's the reason we're all currently turning to other games (in my case, PlanetSide) for PvP we can't find at all in Neocron. The only PvP remaining usually comes with Parashock and Damage Boost spamming PPU's, and a couple of melee tanks running behind, because they clip whore, and deal out lag damage like a bitch. It's a shame Reakktor don't see this as a problem.

Edit: lol, How ironic. My 1000th post is one complaining about Parashock. @Niddhog: No I'm not talking about moderation, as such. :p

giga191
25-06-06, 17:00
WoW badages/shields ftw? that was random :wtf:

RogerRamjet
25-06-06, 18:32
Para is one of the reason i get increasingly fed up with NC.

I want fair, relatively balanced PvP where the skill and setup of each runner is more important than any other factor.

While parashock remains this will never be the case.

Koshinn
25-06-06, 23:06
that was random :wtf:
oops, bandages.

In WoW, if you use a bandage, you get the bandage effect and a "recently bandaged" effect that prevents you from using another one for a certain time. Same goes with a Paladin's shield and Priest's shield, they give you a recently ___ effect that prevents a shield from working on your for a certain time, which is usually longer than the actual effect of the shield.

Xeno LARD
25-06-06, 23:28
Para is one of the reason i get increasingly fed up with NC.

I want fair, relatively balanced PvP where the skill and setup of each runner is more important than any other factor.

While parashock remains this will never be the case.
AMEN!

giga191
26-06-06, 10:17
oops, bandages.

In WoW, if you use a bandage, you get the bandage effect and a "recently bandaged" effect that prevents you from using another one for a certain time. Same goes with a Paladin's shield and Priest's shield, they give you a recently ___ effect that prevents a shield from working on your for a certain time, which is usually longer than the actual effect of the shield. then yes, para should be like that :D