PDA

View Full Version : Soulight rules ftw

SorkZmok
22-06-06, 20:37
Just ganked a red DRE guy in a cave. Lost 50 symp with my own fucking faction. And got -40 with DRE now. From one goddamn kill.

Not to mention i went from 60ish SL to -26.

Whoever had that idea at KK needs to be fucking fired.

So much for my free night of playing NC.
:mad: :(

vices
22-06-06, 20:53
Gotta love the SL rules have -39 after idling the whole day now :lol:
And can't login to idle because FRE corrupted my client and I gotta download it again :mad:

CMaster
22-06-06, 21:05
You knew that was how the rules worked. So why did you do it?
Anyway, -26? You could be back at 100 SL and 100 own faction symp in 15 minutes, 20 at most.

Apocalypsox
22-06-06, 21:07
Kapow...it was a plain stupid move. you know caves fuck your SL whether their red or green, and its mean to gank a leveling guy anyways =P

SorkZmok
22-06-06, 21:09
I know. :(

But i'm drunk and i wanted to pk. Plus i attacked him outside, he just hid in the stupid cave.

:mad:

Mr Kot
22-06-06, 21:41
i attacked him outside, he just hid in the stupid cave.

:mad:I like doing that to annoy the hell out of the smacktards that try to kill me :) People do it to me too if i try killing them, but i have willpower and patience... they don't ;)

giga191
22-06-06, 22:27
or you could fight back you noob...:confused:

boreal
22-06-06, 22:50
that pathetic :P killing someone because your drunk

rule for PvP

1. if they don't attack you, don't attack them
2. if they attack first, let see if your enought strong... if not run where they will lost a BIG deal of SL and sym :D

and for any other way... jsut let the PKer (like the one who have start that threat) be a dick like he is right now... FINAL

PKed someone whitout reason is a dumass act anyway

Mr Kot
22-06-06, 22:51
or you could fight back you noob...:confused:depends whether i'm in the mood / even looking for a fight at that time. If i'm levelling / helping clannies to lvl, i just can't be arsed. I may be using PvM weapons / armour at the time so even attempting to fight back may not be an option.

Otiose
22-06-06, 23:21
[ edited ]

pabz
22-06-06, 23:50
rule for PvP

2. if they attack first, let see if your enought strong... if not run where they will lost a BIG deal of SL and sym :D

1. Nobody attacks first if they play by the pvp rules.

2. Won't ever happen. We all drink tea and eat biscuits while we use ooc to talk about how many techparts we hunted today.

LiL T
23-06-06, 02:52
well thats gonna happen now, plz learn to ignore this and just kill everyone in the cave its no problem really, hey its a carebear game now we got to deal with it..

/edit and why did this guy get banned....

slith
23-06-06, 08:09
"I like doing that to annoy the hell out of the smacktards that try to kill me :) People do it to me too if i try killing them, but i have willpower and patience... they don't ;)"
"depends whether i'm in the mood / even looking for a fight at that time. If i'm levelling / helping clannies to lvl, i just can't be arsed. I may be using PvM weapons / armour at the time so even attempting to fight back may not be an option."
"1. if they don't attack you, don't attack them
2. if they attack first, let see if your enought strong... if not run where they will lost a BIG deal of SL and sym"I just puked all over my desk...

Why not just add elves to the game and fix PvP: Players can't damage Players if they don't both agree to a duell.
And while your at it. Place TwisterGuards everywhere in the Wastelands, so people don't scare other people by having a weapon out.

Whoever had that idea at KK needs to be fucking fired.If he's the same one that fucked the guardsystem :rolleyes:

Neocron is teh caving!
If I'd want PvE I'd play WoW.

Geez I miss the days when you had to conquer a cave first :/

Nidhogg
23-06-06, 11:04
/edit and why did this guy get banned....
Ordinarily it would be an internal matter but in this case it's worth mentioning that you should not, under any circumstances, let a banned user have access to your account. It's only a temporary ban this time.

N

giga191
23-06-06, 11:35

rule for PvP

and for any other way... jsut let the PKer (like the one who have start that threat) be a dick like he is right now... FINAL

MJS dislikes you!

If your 100% against all kinds of PvP, keep your LE in :confused:

And if you don't want LE in for whatever weird reason you could have, then make a clan to stop PKers and deal with it in a proper, none exploitive way

slith
23-06-06, 11:44
MJS dislikes you!

If your 100% against all kinds of PvP, keep your LE in :confused:

And if you don't want LE in for whatever weird reason you could have, then make a clan to stop PKers and deal with it in a proper, none exploitive wayTrue words.

rob444
23-06-06, 13:14
well thats gonna happen now, plz learn to ignore this and just kill everyone in the cave its no problem really, hey its a carebear game now we got to deal with it..

Yay, it's a game full of carebears! How does it feel to be one of them?

Spermy
23-06-06, 13:42

rule for PvP

=/

If I could link to an image of a tit without getting some nid love, I would.

actually...

http://www.ukgameshows.com/atoz/people/e/evans_chris/evans1.jpg

Rules for PvP

1) red is dead.
2) red is dead
3) gief monies plx
4) red is dead.

What exactly do you define as PvP then? two guys in TH playing tic tac toe?

Cadgar
23-06-06, 13:43
these zones are ok for noobs to level. people who want to kill them do it, cause you level up your sl easily .... BUT.. people shouldnt be allowed to sync into a leveling zone after being attacked. thats just lame ass fuck

LiL T
23-06-06, 14:13
Yay, it's a game full of carebears! How does it feel to be one of them?

I'm not a carebear, I have no problem with SL rules, it does not bother me infact i enjoy being red SL. Its great when some kills you while you have bad SL and they are like all "hahaha got you belt sucker" 3 mins later after pokes and visiting your appy. You are fully kitted again to continue killing people :angel:

Mighty Max
23-06-06, 14:32
these zones are ok for noobs to level. people who want to kill them do it, cause you level up your sl easily .... BUT.. people shouldnt be allowed to sync into a leveling zone after being attacked. thats just lame ass fuck

Let me rephrase that situation
- the victim doesnt want to PvP in that particular moment
- you don't want to lose SL in the cave

Hmm there is a solution. Get an other target who likes to PvP you right now.

rob444
23-06-06, 14:41
I'm not a carebear, I have no problem with SL rules, it does not bother me infact i enjoy being red SL. Its great when some kills you while you have bad SL and they are like all "hahaha got you belt sucker" 3 mins later after pokes and visiting your appy. You are fully kitted again to continue killing people :angel:

I agree, it's fun when ppl try to kill you just because you have red sl ;). I think I've had red sl once in my lifetime though, lol.

LiL T
23-06-06, 15:41

Nah, by going into the cave they already made it clear they wish to die in the cave

Mighty Max
23-06-06, 16:04
Nah, by going into the cave they already made it clear they wish to die in the cave

So you are forced to kill them ok, that now makes sense o_O

----

But that shows the real problem behind it. Does this 'kind' of player, which needs to get after this hiding player, really recognize the opponent as a player?

Just like in traffic i think they a depersonalizing the others. They see the car instead the driver, the victim instead of the player

Doing PvP like it was PvM. Only existant to get killed by you.

Cadgar
23-06-06, 16:04

the "i dont want pvp im a trader" people are not the problem. the problem is when people pvp you and sync in that zones with 10 hlt left or so. if you want to finish your pvp you lose sl. if not he will do that until he wins.... very sexy

Mighty Max
23-06-06, 16:07
the "i dont want pvp im a trader" people are not the problem. the problem is when people pvp you and sync in that zones with 10 hlt left or so. if you want to finish your pvp you lose sl. if not he will do that until he wins.... very sexy

The problem is solved better when you simply ignore him, then giving the "i win because he now has -SL hahahaha" feeling.

If he comes back, he will run again at 10hp, he will get tired of that pretty soon if ppl would stick to it. Its much more frustrating for them when there obviously is nothing gained against when they atleast scammed you.

Glok
23-06-06, 16:11

----

But that shows the real problem behind it. Does this 'kind' of player, which needs to get after this hiding player, really recognize the opponent as a player?

Just like in traffic i think they a depersonalizing the others. They see the car instead the driver, the victim instead of the player

Doing PvP like it was PvM. Only existant to get killed by you.Take out the LE and you are a willing victim unless you are ready to defend yourself at least. Doesn't matter where you are and I am glad some players are starting to disregard SL. It never mattered in the first place.

So you are hunting with PvM gear? Why the hell would you do that? Any decent PvP setup is more than capable of handling any mob in the game and weapons are easy to come by, use your PvP weapon when hunting mobs too for god's sake!

Mighty Max
23-06-06, 16:19
The other players are to be respected as players.

They are obviously showing that they don't want to participate in PvP in that single moment (doesnt mean they don't like to PvP from time to time and need/can use a LE)

Disrespecting the self-determination of your follow players is disrespective and a poor social understanding tbh.

If they would play because of the thrill to possibly get attacked anywhere and anywhen, they wouldn't hide, would they?

slith
23-06-06, 16:27

They are obviously showing that they don't want to participate in PvP in that single moment (doesnt mean they don't like to PvP from time to time and need/can use a LE)

Disrespecting the self-determination of your follow players is disrespective and a poor social understanding tbh.

If they would play because of the thrill to possibly get attacked anywhere and anywhen, they wouldn't hide, would they?:wtf: (everything said)

Glok
23-06-06, 16:41

If they would play because of the thrill to possibly get attacked anywhere and anywhen, they wouldn't hide, would they?And they wouldn't fight until they are at 5% health and then hide either.

And they wouldn't go in a cave even at low level without a group that can ensure their survival if one of the 'amok wierdo's' comes and tries to spoil their fun.

And they wouldn't have taken out the LE in the first place if they weren't ready for the harsh realities of Neocron. We're all a bunch of fucking psychos that are out for blood. All those fuckers that ran off to Irata3 can have their little paradise we stayed here and we're gonna fight to the last man.

No this ain't a roleplaying game fuck no. But we play by the rules that KK made and the rules are make everyone's life miserable.

calim
23-06-06, 16:52
No this ain't a roleplaying game fuck no.

So what is it ? is it a FPS-with-skills-and-leveling-system-game ?
You seems to be so sure of yourself on that point !
There is many ways in this game to do roleplay. It has been proved many times.
That just easier for the major part of players to fight/kill-on-see without trying to understand and meet poeple, that's all.

Glok
23-06-06, 17:07
Of course we can do roleplay that is the whole point. But the major factor is that the whole entire game is centered around rewarding the killing of your enemies, fighting them, taking their outposts, and just generally making their lives hell. Why do you think this game has such a small population? The game mechanics encourage us to kill each other. No other game does that in a persistent world.

I never played Ultima Online though Zoneseek (an old player here) always preached it's glory. But I know even that game was not centered around PvP, it just made PvP exceedingly unrewarding for the loser.

This game is centered around PvP. That is the whole damn point. Why do you think you are rewarded for killing reds? What kind of damn system is that if it is not to encourage us to fight each other? And that is roleplay in this game. We fucking hate each other and we are supposed to be willing to kill anyone who pisses us off no matter what. The red SL system really isn't that harsh, you keep your implants and much of your gear. You just need a supply of things you might lose and you can keep on going.

Meet people make friends do shit together of course! I do that too that is most of what I do when I am actually playing. There have been weddings in this game you know... crazy as that is. But it goes on in the MMORPG world.

Don't forget though that much of this game is centered around combat abilities even the tradeskillers are slaves to the combat chars. And the very existence of the LE should tell you that there is a reason it exists. If you aren't ready to fight other players don't take it out or never leave a safe zone!

onero S
23-06-06, 17:12
simple fix, if you're at under 50% hp you can't syc exept OUT of a lvling zone. (reason being if shit hits the fan caving you need to be able to get the hell out of there)

Glok
23-06-06, 18:10
Sorry for being such a psycho by the way but (real life) bitches keep fucking with my head and it's pissing me off. I just hope you guys can take what I say and make use of it. This game is awesome and when I get my shit back in order I want it to be here for me to play. ;)

ZoVoS
23-06-06, 18:16
and they cant just track the zone rules that the majority of the damage was done in??? like the track the runner who did the majority of the damage???

Mighty Max
23-06-06, 18:48
And they wouldn't fight until they are at 5% health and then hide either.

Thats not what i was writing on. see my stand on that some posts above

And they wouldn't go in a cave even at low level without a group that can ensure their survival if one of the 'amok wierdo's' comes and tries to spoil their fun.

This is again not the situation described.
But in respect of finding players which can afford regular fights with you, they need gear and skills, or do you allways want to have weak targets? Afaik thats the sense of leveling zones. So keep them that way if you want enemies in the long term, and not only just in that moment.

And they wouldn't have taken out the LE in the first place if they weren't ready for the harsh realities of Neocron.

you haven't
- read my posts
- are allways in the same mood, day in day out

Comeone ppl have fun to PvP, but you can drive them out of that fun by excessive forcing them to PvP when they don't want. If you ever want to have more challenging opponents, you should start to not drive them away from that game.

The low population is not only the fault of KK. How many of the new players stay after they saw several times in a row that they don't have a chance? It frustrating for them. Ppl won't play frustrating games.

No this ain't a roleplaying game fuck no.

Last time i logged in, it was one. Did they changed that?

But we play by the rules that KK made and the rules are make everyone's life miserable.
And you play by the rules that apply to any game that is not single player: respect your fellow players and their will.

Spermy
24-06-06, 00:09
All said and done, it's an FPS/MMORPG. It's two genres rolled into one. With all the time that's passed, you'd expect people would know that no one will ever agree which is the dominant genre.

The argument about PvP vs roleplay is old.

What's older is the argument about peoples interpretations of PvP.

LiL T
24-06-06, 02:50

----

Doing PvP like it was PvM. Only existant to get killed by you.

Dude don't try being a smart ass k, I kill them cos i want to kill them if they go into the cave, all I'm saying is i will kill anyway cos most of my setups i will use no drop or non rare items. Or i will simply take the risk and kill them with a rare, normaly we have team and someone can get my belt ok.

IT MAKES PERFECT SENCE.

LiL T
24-06-06, 03:05
Clans like Fetish man, they are evil cunts yes but we have tryed to blend in with the carebear side of the game with roleplay. We tryed to replace the mindless ganking with people hiring us to kill other players etc etc. But we got called arsehole griefers, this pissed us off and now we just kill every one we can.

How can we roleplay with a bunch a lifeless morons that just likes to hunt for tech parts, the population is not exactly big is it..

Mighty Max
24-06-06, 08:25
Thanks for the compliment. But i think that you should start playing other games when you call wour fellow player "lifeless morons" just when they don't agree to your opinion.

I recomment a single player game.

We tryed to replace the mindless ganking
Now just ask yourself why that failed ....

Glok
24-06-06, 09:08
The funny thing is I like to hunt for tech parts. That's most of what I do when I play. But I'm not stupid like some people and I know the real game is to fight other players which is why I hunt in PvP gear on all my chars. And I'm not like Vet who always called the LE players cowards, the LE is there for a reason. It's pretty damn simple in this game, be ready to fight or keep the LE in. And no I have no delusions about being good at PvP, I almost always lose because I spend my time like I said hunting for tech parts. But pretending that just cause you are fighting a mob some red player who comes along is just gonna say 'oh well' and go elsewhere is really damn stupid.

Mighty Max
24-06-06, 09:53
The funny thing is I like to hunt for tech parts. That's most of what I do when I play. But I'm not stupid like some people and I know the real game is to fight other players which is why I hunt in PvP gear on all my chars. And I'm not like Vet who always called the LE players cowards, the LE is there for a reason. It's pretty damn simple in this game, be ready to fight or keep the LE in. And no I have no delusions about being good at PvP, I almost always lose because I spend my time like I said hunting for tech parts. But pretending that just cause you are fighting a mob some red player who comes along is just gonna say 'oh well' and go elsewhere is really damn stupid.

Thats perfect with me Glok.

I've tried to show that my point of view isn't that much different. I am trying to point out that the excessive use of those situations. Espacially if the attacker doesn't care who he fights (in terms of new player or ppl which they know don't react too good on these situations) this - on both sides - creates no real fun.

The thread starter even declared that he isn't too happy with the result. I bet the killed player wasn't too. So why continue to behave that way which makes noone happy.

Thats what i don't understand. If you see that your actions don't bring the expected result, they continue to do so ....